Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Erkan12
No Caption Provided

Previous rounds ;

1- TPM - Maul vs. Qui-Gon & Kenobi (Naboo)

2- TCW S4 - Maul & Savage vs. Kenobi (Raydonia)

3- TCW S4 - Maul & Savage vs. Kenobi & Ventress (Turtle Tanker)

4- TCW S5 - Maul & Savage vs. Kenobi & Adi Gallia (Florrum)

5- TCW S5 - Maul vs. Kenobi (Mandalore)

6- TCW SoD - Maul & Dooku vs. Kenobi & Tiplee (Vizsla Keep 09)

Current round ;

7- SWR S3 - Maul vs. Kenobi (Tatooine)

Settings

• Rebels Season 3 Kenobi and Maul - 2 years before ANH
  • All out

Avatar image for deactivated-60fae469e992f
deactivated-60fae469e992f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Maul feat wise

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

At the moment I would think it can go either way since we don't really know where Maul stands currently.

helloman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Maul wins.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

Old Kenobi has no feats in Rebels yet. And we don't know Maul's standing in comparison to his previous depiction.

redheathen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Maul will die by Kenobi's hand in Rebels (there's even a Disney website reference to Old Wounds) unless there is some huge plot twist, which there could be considering Maul said something to Ezra about being like friends and brothers. The character obviously wants a meaningful connection to someone. Meaningful in his own weird way, but I think that relatively soon (this season or next) we'll see new canon placing Kenobi above Maul. After that, these threads will no longer matter. Otherwise, I don't see Maul or Kenobi bettering the other later in life just the same as we see them pretty evenly matched in TCW except in "Revival."

GeorgeWBush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By GeorgeWBush

Ben guts him

Avatar image for bowlt_swagg_320
bowlt_swagg_320

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

Maul

Ostyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Ostyo
kbroskywalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@erkan12: You do realize we're about to see how this fight goes?

kbroskywalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@redheathen: ezra and kanan intefering with this would be so disney esque

alextheboss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By alextheboss

@kbroskywalker: Ya, I just saw the trailer, lol. I wonder if Kenobi will kill Maul or redeem him. Or maybe Maul even wants to team up with Kenobi to take revenge on the empire (though I doubt it).

kbroskywalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kbroskywalker: Ya, I just saw the trailer, lol. I wonder if Kenobi will kill Maul or redeem him. Or maybe Maul even wants to team up with Kenobi to take revenge on the empire (though I doubt it).

A stand alone movie would have been so much better, but nah. I actually wouldn't mind if kenobi spares maul and by doing so gets over what happened in rots and maul lets go of his hate. As long as maul's story ends.

Honestly that might be a great moment in a sea of mideocre/below par crap looking how rebels has gone, Seriously wtf is sabine mandalore? Honestly all the mandolore episodes are terrible with unexplained changes in character, ridiculous lowballing of kanan/ezra. WHy can't they just focus on ezra/maul. Oh and there's them ruining hondo.

redheathen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

lol It would be Disneyesque for either to happen, and I can see it being a possibility. Star Wars has historically been a story universe that gives us a lot of plot twists/ things we never expected, so if Disney continues that tradition, then perhaps we could see something like that happening. Wouldn't that blow up every SW fans' minds? rofl

alextheboss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kbroskywalker: I could see Kenobi sparing Maul, and Maul deciding to decide he is going in all or nothing against the empire and has a fight with Vader where he finally dies.

kbroskywalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@alextheboss said:

@kbroskywalker said:

lol It would be Disneyesque for either to happen, and I can see it being a possibility. Star Wars has historically been a story universe that gives us a lot of plot twists/ things we never expected, so if Disney continues that tradition, then perhaps we could see something like that happening. Wouldn't that blow up every SW fans' minds? rofl

Maul and kenobi's final match does not deserve this. It deserves a epic battle of arch rivals of the force and of duelists. Disney better not screw this up

alextheboss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Considering how Obi-wan can't die, I'm just going to assume Obi-wan wins, lol.

kbroskywalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kbroskywalker: I could see Kenobi sparing Maul, and Maul deciding to decide he is going in all or nothing against the empire and has a fight with Vader where he finally dies.

yes, they could do that, or they could just let maul's story end(which I'd prefer being with maul alive and lettting g of his hate) where it rightfully should

TheVivas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Should have just waited for the actual fight to happen.

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He can't even take any serious injury either.

alextheboss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@alextheboss said:

yes, they could do that, or they could just let maul's story end(which I'd prefer being with maul alive and lettting g of his hate) where it rightfully should

I could see this happening because it seems they are trying to give Maul a character arc.

Erkan12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Erkan12

They could probably kill Maul though. Due to the plot reasons ;

• Ben can't trust Maul to keep Tatooine in secret and he can't let Maul go either, so he has to kill him.
  • Ben can't die, or he is not going to lose to Maul because of the plot.

Or, would Maul keep Tatoine in secret just as he is doing the same for Attolon ?

In a different scenario, Maul can threaten Kenobi with revealing his presence to the Empire, he already did the same thing to Kanan and Ezra ;

Kanan : You're not walking off this rock in one piece.

Maul : (CHUCKLING) I have planted a beacon nearby. Strike me down, and it will activate, revealing your presence to the Empire.

There is no reason for Maul to not do the same in Tatooine, so it means that Ben Kenobi, even if he defeats him, can't kill him. Or, Kanan and Ezra will show up and deactivates the beacon device and then they can finally take down Maul together.

It would be epic to see another 2 v 1 duel, with Kanan + Ben vs. Maul, with Kanan dying and Ben cheap-shots him in the end just like he did in TPM, or in a different scenario Ezra joins to Maul in the end when Maul loses to Kanan and Ben Kenobi, Ezra wouldn't let his friend die, but that's very unlikely considering the fact that Ezra doesn't believe in Maul anymore after the Malachor events.

WollfMyth209

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Either way.

Redsayn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#25  Edited By Redsayn

In my opinion, it'll go down like this:

• Maul and Kenobi fight, ending with Ben barely winning
  • Maul says that if he dies, his beacon will alert the Empire to Kenobi's presence on Tatooine
  • Obi Wan knows that, to protect Luke, he can't kill Maul
  • Maul beats up Kenobi, leaving him battered and bruised
  • Ezra and Kanan arrive, and say that they deactivated the Beacon
  • Kenobi slices Maul's head off, maybe after Maul kills Kanan

Please know that I based this of primarily what was in the episodes of Rebels, and didn't come at it with a debater's perspective. That being said, Maul will probably choke Ben at one point or another.

However, I do agree with WollfMyth- it could easily go either way, based on their abilities and from a story perspective.

sirfizzwhizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By sirfizzwhizz

LMAO. The Fan wank of SW hypocrites know no bounds. Disgusting.

So in Ahsoka Tano vs Ben Kenobi Threads, Ben wins mass opinion. Why? Because Ben fought Vader in ANH and did not Auto Die.

Yet Ahsoka did the same in Rebels, and she also was the superior to Maul in their spar, overpowering old Maul. Maul like wise says he is no match for Vader who Ahsoka and ben lasted against.

Now turn the tables, Maul vs Ben. Could go either way half are saying? What the Chewbacca!? Really? Holy shit. I swear, people have blinders on when characters like Kenobi or Maul get mention in any thread.

On topic, Ahsoka and vader > old Maul. Likely Ben > old Maul too. Ben should win easy.

SirDrProfessor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ben is going to win and I am going to be pissed if Ezra or Kanan interfere. Please give us an uninterrupted duel 1v1. Throughout the clone wars it was always a 2v2 or a 1v2. I want a clean, fair, personal and dramatic final duel.

Erkan12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Erkan12
@sirfizzwhizz said:

Maul like wise says he is no match for Vader

You're twisting a lot... Maul said ''I can't defeat Vader alone'' ... Unable to defeat someone and being no match are completely different things... Yoda couldn't defeat Sidious, however he was a serious challenge for him.

Secondly ; Maul was lying since he attacked both Kanan and Ahsoka later.

Thirdly ; In the original script ; Maul was going to fight with Vader in the season 2 finale, which should suppose to be a spectacular fight, unless you say that they would make Maul vs. Vader final duel less competitive than Ahsoka vs. Vader duel which is very very unlikely.

Loading Video...

@sirfizzwhizz said:

and she also was the superior to Maul in their spar, overpowering old Maul.

You mean like this ?

No Caption Provided

Maul is obviously controlling the fight as he can easily turn his back on her in the middle of the duel. And he is confident on his superiority as he says ''running away again Lady Tano'' ... It could be boasting but there is no way Ahsoka was superior to Maul in that fight.

Also, both the show and starwars.com confirms that Maul was the MVP among the Rebels group, the weakest Ezra was matching with the strongest when they have been divided into 2 groups. Which means that Maul is canonically more powerful than Ahsoka.

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for deactivated-60fae469e992f
deactivated-60fae469e992f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@alextheboss said:

No Caption Provided

To be completely fair, Maul is a complete cockroach. He utterly refuses to die

sirfizzwhizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@erkan12:

You're twisting a lot... Maul said ''I can't defeat Vader alone'' ... Unable to defeat someone and being no match are completely different things... Yoda couldn't defeat Sidious, however he was a serious challenge for him.

Yoda is no match for Sidious, and many statements including Yoda himself said this. Yoda was no match. Same as Dooku was no match for Yoda even though he douled him for a time.

Secondly ; Maul was lying since he attacked both Kanan and Ahsoka later.

Thats pure Maul wanking fan bias assumption by you. Just another Maul fan "opinion" .

Thirdly ; In the original script ; Maul was going to fight with Vader in the season 2 finale, which should suppose to be a spectacular fight, unless you say that they would make Maul vs. Vader final duel less competitive than Ahsoka vs. Vader duel which is very very unlikely.

I agree here. maul vs Vader might be a good fight, and IMO maul should even beat Vader like the comic. Canon Old maul is a far cry from his legends self it seems.

You mean like this ?

Maul is obviously controlling the fight as he can easily turn his back on her in the middle of the duel. And he is confident on his superiority as he says ''running away again Lady Tano'' ... It could be boasting but there is no way Ahsoka was superior to Maul in that fight.

LOL

No Caption Provided

Yeah he is so controlling the fight. Look how controlling he is getting shoved back every time lol.

Then this happen too.

Loading Video...

LMAO

Also, both the show and starwars.com confirms that Maul was the MVP among the Rebels group, the weakest Ezra was matching with the strongest in divided 2 groups. Which means that Maul was canonically more powerful than Ahsoka.

You complain i twisted words. All it said is Maul is paired with the weakest. Nothing in that states "Maul is the strongest". Ahsoka could been the strongest, and paired up with Kanan, the second weakest. or Ahsoka and Maul could been equals, and Maul was paired with Erza the weakest. Your using bias logic to say Maul was confirm the strongest when that is not said at all. Nice try though to push your Maul agendas.

Avatar image for deactivated-5be183e26f3e9
deactivated-5be183e26f3e9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kenobi due to story purposes but barely. It better be an uninterrupted and fair duel, it's about time.

No Caption Provided

Taiwalcott

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

maul takes this one

alextheboss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sirfizzwhizz:

Yoda is no match for Sidious

What? They were portrayed as near equals...

As for Ahsoka vs Maul, as of now I just think of them as the same tier. Ahoska<=>Maul<=>Kenobi<Vader

js_the_beast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Maul wins. Period. Based on feats.

sirfizzwhizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By sirfizzwhizz

@alextheboss:

What? They were portrayed as near equals...

No Caption Provided

Thats "Equals"?

As for Ahsoka vs Maul, as of now I just think of them as the same tier. Ahoska<=>Maul<=>Kenobi<Vader

I can roughly agree with this. However...

Dueling: Ahsoka = Ben > Old Maul > Vader

Force powers: Vader > Ben = Old Maul = Ahsoka

Azronger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ben stomps because Filoni hates Maul.

alextheboss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sirfizzwhizz: Movie>Book

Sidious tried to run from Yoda, and then later this happened.

No Caption Provided

Dueling: Ahsoka = Ben > Old Maul > Vader

What makes you say this? Vader was pushing Ahsoka back for most of their duel and he seemed equal to if not better than Old Ben. In dueling I think they are all relatively equal with their own strengths

Force powers: Vader > Ben = Old Maul = Ahsoka

I agree with this.

alextheboss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@azronger said:

Ben stomps because Filoni hates Maul.

They really like to give Maul bad ass moments and then nerf him right away.

bad ass moment: takes on Qui-gon and Kenobi at the same time and kills Qui-gon

nerfed moment: just stands there and gets cut in half by Kenobi

bad ass moment: seems to beat Obi-wan in their duel on the ship

nerfed moment: him and Savage can't beat Obi-wan together

bad ass moment: takes down an even stronger version of the Savage that was knocking around Dooku and Ventress at the same time in seconds.

nerfed moment: takes a long time to beat Pre-Visla who Ahsoka and Kenobi both beat quicker

bad ass moment: takes on Palpatine for 20 solid seconds

nerfed moment: begs for mercy

bad ass moment: takes on all 3 inquisitors at once, and kills one later

nerfed moment: gets beat by blind Kanan...

sirfizzwhizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By sirfizzwhizz

@alextheboss:

Movie>Book

True, I agree. however the Official canon description of the fight on SW.Com IIRC also says Yoda was outclass. Have to find that quote.

What makes you say this? Vader was pushing Ahsoka back for most of their duel and he seemed equal to if not better than Old Ben. In dueling I think they are all relatively equal with their own strengths

Vader never pushed anything. Ahsoka dodge and move. Not the same as much back.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Vader failed to push back anything in these instances. He got pushed back in fact. Ben never done half as well.

Add in the fact Vader limits and lack of good dueling battles against quality duelist in Empire days. Whenever Vader fights someone orth their salt (Ben, Ahsoka) he is lack luster. In Legends its worse when he fights Celeste/Muur, Starkiller, or Clone Maul where is is pushed hard :/

alextheboss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By alextheboss

@sirfizzwhizz: Vader had her falling back the entire fight and Vader didn't even take one step back while dueling... Besides the force push of course but he was forced to do that. His skill in dueling was so good he didn't feel the need to back up once the entire fight.

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

HighAccuser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Soon it will happen. Rebels end of season 3. Finally this mediocre show is paying off!

sirfizzwhizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sirfizzwhizz: Vader had her falling back the entire fight and Vader didn't even take one step back while dueling... Besides the force push of course but he was forced to do that. His skill in dueling was so good he didn't feel the need to back up once the entire fight.

Vader had her falling back... yet... he never landed one hit on her, she did him though. He left the temple wounded, dragging his leg and hunch over, she walked away fine. He lock blades with her, and she shoved his ass back from said locks. Both Force push each other once.

Not seeing the "Vader had her on the run" here. Falling back is not a sign of losing. Plenty of people put distance to attack and counterattack. Not the same as she ran away.

alextheboss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sirfizzwhizz: Her face was looked like she was scared/struggling.

No Caption Provided

And Ahsoka walking away looking unharmed could just be symbolism, we don't know her fate yet.

alextheboss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Soon it will happen. Rebels end of season 3. Finally this mediocre show is paying off!

Hopefully. I agree Rebels has been meh so far. Though I thought the season 2 finale was really good.

Avatar image for ninjawarrior268
NinjaWarrior268

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 3

#45  Edited By NinjaWarrior268

Maul for now. I doubt even at his Prime, Obi Wan has surpassed Maul.

LordOfTheLight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

WollfMyth209

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lordofthelight: Inferior to RotS Obi. I also have Rebels Maul inferior to SoD Maul.

the_wspanialy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ben cuts Maul in half. Again. This time vertically. Then Maul/Filoni somehow finds a way to come back from the dead. Again. After all, Maul is the greatest cockroach of Star Wars franchise since TCW.

Thoromdil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Maul should easily win this. When they first met, Maul won with bloodlusted Obi Wan, and was cut in half because of deus ex machina. Then when he returned in clone wars he won a fight with Obi Wan AGAIN, although Obi was in his prime and Maul was 10 years out of game basically. And now? Ben Kenobi is so slow and out of shape he wouldn't stand a chance against Maul who appeared to be in perfect shape in Rebels again.

But obviously, he's gonna die. Yeah let's be serious, Ben has to live for New Hope so Maul must be the one to die in the end.