• 169 results
Avatar image for crushyourenemies
Posted by CRUSHYOURENEMIES (2553 posts) 1 year, 2 days ago

Poll: Old Man Kratos vs Old Man Logan (144 votes)

kratos 77%
logan 23%
No Caption Provided

vs

No Caption Provided

to the deathhhhhhhhhhh

#1 Posted by EICHHOLTZ (548 posts) - - Show Bio

Love me some Old Man Logan.... dont know how he is putting down a god though.

#2 Posted by Killerwasp (17362 posts) - - Show Bio

Kratos, as much as I hate that man.

#3 Edited by noah_ouellette (3660 posts) - - Show Bio

Love the new Kratos. Kratos one shots tho

#4 Posted by jashugan (6285 posts) - - Show Bio

Their speed should very much be comparable, but here's the thing. Wolverine has indestructible claws. He'll stab kratos in his heart or decapitate him. Kratos doesn't punch as hard as he lift.

#5 Posted by laflux (24723 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashugan said:

Their speed should very much be comparable, but here's the thing. Wolverine has indestructible claws. He'll stab kratos in his heart or decapitate him. Kratos doesn't punch as hard as he lift.

Yeah I watched much of the game and his striking feats are not as impressive as his lifting feat. TBH I think Baldur has him beat in that regard.

Avatar image for supermanforever
#6 Posted by Supermanforever (8105 posts) - - Show Bio

Kratos

#7 Edited by jashugan (6285 posts) - - Show Bio

@laflux: It's been consistent with all God of War games. Kratos is a very good lifter, Kratos does not punch anywhere near as hard as he lift. He can stop himself from being crushed by Cronos or Atlas but can't destroy anything that size with say punches.

Same thing in this game. He can lift the hand of that giant in the end of the game, but at best he can break large boulders by punching them.

I have only seen Old Logan movie but Logan's regen are still far more impressive there than 2018 Kratos regen. Both are old, don't have the best stamina and feel pain but Wolverine can very much last longer. Kratos would have to try and grab and hold on to logan but logan can just keep stabbing him if he does so.

#8 Posted by MrAbductor (1248 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashugan OP is referring to the OML that's in 616 at the moment i believe.

#9 Posted by jashugan (6285 posts) - - Show Bio

@mrabductor: is he more powerful or weaker than the movie version?

#10 Posted by Nefarious (35649 posts) - - Show Bio

Kratos.

#11 Edited by MrAbductor (1248 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashugan said:

@mrabductor: is he more powerful or weaker than the movie version?

He's better, here's a respect thread.

https://www.reddit.com/r/respectthreads/comments/6qfd9k/respect_old_man_logan_of_the_xmen/

The IBB links at the bottom of the page don't seem to work and the thread hasn't been updated in a while.

Avatar image for crushyourenemies
#12 Posted by CRUSHYOURENEMIES (2553 posts) - - Show Bio

yup.

I figured this would be more even since I don't think current kratos is anywhere as powerful as the same one that beat zeus.

#13 Posted by Coolie553 (60 posts) - - Show Bio

Kratos would destroy Wolverine with one finger.

A guy that can defeat continental level gods>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>some street level.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c8fd6cb3e4f4
#14 Posted by deactivated-5c8fd6cb3e4f4 (18365 posts) - - Show Bio

they're the same

#15 Posted by Noone1996 (11687 posts) - - Show Bio

Lmao at GoW gods being continental. Wolverine wins.

#16 Posted by Coolie553 (60 posts) - - Show Bio

Lmao at GoW gods being continental. Wolverine wins.

-Atlas can lift the Earth's Crust.

-Poseidon can sustain all the oceans in the world and after his death the intire world was flooded.

-Helios death caused the intire planet to be covered in storms.

but still not continental?

No Caption Provided

#17 Edited by Cypher0120 (657 posts) - - Show Bio

Continental eh? So why are there other supports that hold up the land in addition to Atlas?

No Caption Provided

#18 Posted by iUseMyCajonas (4204 posts) - - Show Bio

Depends on if Kratos's speed got nerfed at all in this game.

Cannon Kratos before this God of War has already been confirmed by the creators to be faster than lightning.

#19 Edited by jashugan (6285 posts) - - Show Bio

@iusemycajonas: lightning timer that gets killed by non-lightning speed attack. Kratos is not a lightning timer

#20 Edited by iUseMyCajonas (4204 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashugan said:

@iusemycajonas: lightning timer that gets killed by non-lightning attacks.

i have no clue what this means or why you responded to me with it, especially considering kratos has yet to be killed by anything with less potency than lightning, and is alive and well in this game; not that that matters because i was going over speed.... not durability.

#21 Edited by decaf_wizard (16936 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashugan said:

Accurate assessment. Wolverine might get tossed around by blades of chaos or the axe or something, but yea Logan has taken worse than Old Kratos can toss out

#22 Posted by Cypher0120 (657 posts) - - Show Bio

If a statement says lightning-timer but is contradicted by every other feat of Speed displayed, then 'lightning-timing' isn't as fast as they think it is or is an outlier either way.

The best speed feat seen yet in God of War is against Balder. And he ain't a lightning-timer.

#23 Posted by Warlockmage (9211 posts) - - Show Bio

Cannon Kratos before this God of War has already been confirmed by the creators to be faster than lightning.

you do realize that lightning is mach 270 and that Baldur was speed blitzing the absolute hell out of Kratos.

so no Kratos is not faster than lightning, actual feats> Statements

OT: Wolverine stabs him in the face

#24 Edited by iUseMyCajonas (4204 posts) - - Show Bio

@Cypher0120 said:

If a statement says lightning-timer but is contradicted by every other feat of Speed displayed, then 'lightning-timing' isn't as fast as they think it is or is an outlier either way.

it wasn't a statement, it was a visual.

that got taken to the creators of the game and asked if accurate, they replied saying it was.

so not only was it already a feat before, but it was a feat that has the backing of the dev team of the game.

@Cypher0120 said:

The best speed feat seen yet in (the newest installation of) God of War is against Balder.

@warlockmage said:

you do realize that lightning is mach 270 and that Baldur was speed blitzing the absolute hell out of Kratos.

I literally never claimed that current Kratos was lightning speed. I literally said:

Depends on if Kratos's speed got nerfed at all in this game

, you guys gave me feats showing that it has. Chill tf out.

#25 Edited by decaf_wizard (16936 posts) - - Show Bio

@iusemycajonas said:

I'm probably a day in and Kratos doesn't seem to be anywhere near where he was. I can't say tooo much without spoiling anything but he doesn't have his old gear and even abandoned the Blades of Chaos for a time until he needed to take them up again

His lifting doesn't seem as impressive either, and his striking certainly isn't where it was in previous games outside Spartan Rage

#26 Edited by jashugan (6285 posts) - - Show Bio

@iusemycajonas: Have you even played God of War? Kratos has been killed in God of War, God of War 2, God of War 3.

This right here, is not an attack that is lightning speed at all and Kratos gets killed by it.

Loading Video...

God of War 2018 Kratos is the same Kratos show in that video. Difference is that he's much older, much weaker and has some regeneration now.

Here, Kratos dying in God of War 2 & God of War 3. Neither attack is as fast as lightning.

Loading Video...
Loading Video...

Kratos is alive in God of War 2018 because he's apparently immortal now and will just eventually heal.

#27 Posted by Cypher0120 (657 posts) - - Show Bio

A statement asked on Twitter and phrased as a leading question from a commercial with an event that never happened in the game.

And further contradicted by every other speed feat displayed in the primary games themselves.

#28 Edited by iUseMyCajonas (4204 posts) - - Show Bio
@jashugan said:

@iusemycajonas:Kratos has been killed in God of War, God of War 2, God of War 3.

dude are u even reading what i'm saying

especially considering kratos has yet to be killed by anything with less potency than lightning

only quite literally his first appearance in a video game does he die to something that has debatably less potency than lightning; zeus's sword obviously has more potency than lightning or else he wouldn't even have a sword and would just use his actual lightning bolts.

#29 Edited by jashugan (6285 posts) - - Show Bio

@iusemycajonas: Kratos is the same across the three main games. No one cares about potency. Zeus made the sword to battle the titans before Kratos was ever born. Stop typing crap you don't know about.

#30 Posted by Coolie553 (60 posts) - - Show Bio

Continental eh? So why are there other supports that hold up the land in addition to Atlas?

No Caption Provided

im kinda impressed that you work you way out to try downplay God of War because of some small detail that was shown in a picture.

#31 Posted by iUseMyCajonas (4204 posts) - - Show Bio
@jashugan said:

@iusemycajonas: Kratos is the same across the three main games.

if he has better feats in later games... along with different moves and abilities.... hes not the same across all three games

@jashugan said:

No one cares about potency.

that was the entire purpose behind my initial response so you're effectively arguing with absolutely nobody as my literal first response was potency

@jashugan said:

@iusemycajonas: Zeus made the sword to battle the titans before Kratos was ever born.

this has literally nothing to do with what i said

@jashugan said:

@iusemycajonas: Stop typing crap you don't know about.

how annoying can you possibly get in less than 3 replies holy shit LMAO

#32 Posted by Cypher0120 (657 posts) - - Show Bio

@coolie553:

And is supported in God of War 3 by all the other rocky structures you can clearly see when you're in the Underworld. Open the big door to Tartarus from Hephaestus' place, you can see the exact same things.

#33 Edited by Coolie553 (60 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashugan said:

@iusemycajonas: Have you even played God of War? Kratos has been killed in God of War, God of War 2, God of War 3.

This right here, is not an attack that is lightning speed at all and Kratos gets killed by it.

Loading Video...

God of War 2018 Kratos is the same Kratos show in that video. Difference is that he's much older, much weaker and has some regeneration now.

Here, Kratos dying in God of War 2 & God of War 3. Neither attack is as fast as lightning.

Loading Video...
Loading Video...

Kratos is alive in God of War 2018 because he's apparently immortal now and will just eventually heal.

dude if you actually pay attention he got pierced by a pole that was thrown by Ares wich speed scales to other gods ,the second one where he was killed by Zeus while he was almost dying and the third one he tried to kill himself.

you know something called context?

#34 Edited by jashugan (6285 posts) - - Show Bio

@iusemycajonas: Kratos has the same moves and abilities in his main games outside of certain new weapons and magics. He's the same character.

No, you contradicted yourself.

@iusemycajonas said:
@jashugan said:

@iusemycajonas: lightning timer that gets killed by non-lightning attacks.

i have no clue what this means or why you responded to me with it, especially considering kratos has yet to be killed by anything with less potency than lightning, and is alive and well in this game; not that that matters because i was going over speed.... not durability.

You literally said the above, which is contradicted by the actual games. Which lead me to assume you haven't actually played these games.

Fyi, Zeus used his actual lightning bolts against Kratos too. He loses the sword later.

Stop typing stupid comments. lmao

@coolie553:this is stupid. How fast do you actually think these god of war gods are? How fast do you even think that pole was travelling? The fastest god, hermes, is not even as fast as lightning and got heavily injured by a thrown boulder.

Yea, I know context. The context being that none of the three times Kratos has been killed we're by attacks anywhere near lightning speed.

#35 Edited by iUseMyCajonas (4204 posts) - - Show Bio
@jashugan said:

@iusemycajonas: Kratos has the same moves and abilities in his main gamesoutside of certain new weapons and magics.(?)He's the same character.

if he has better feats in later games... along with different moves and abilities.... hes not the same across all three games

no where did i state he's a different character

@jashugan said:

No, you contradicted yourself.

@iusemycajonas said:
kratos has yet to be killed by anything with less potency than lightning

You literally said the above, which is contradicted by the actual games.

no it's not as all of his deaths were caused by things with more potency than lightning

@jashugan said:

Fyi, Zeus used his actual lightning bolts against Kratos too. He loses the sword later.

... i know ... which is why the dev team said those versions of kratos have no problems dodging lightning ...

the sword is > the lightning for obvious reasons

@jashugan said:

Stop typing stupid comments. lmao

@jashro44

please get this hyperaggresive kid off me

#36 Edited by Coolie553 (60 posts) - - Show Bio

@Cypher0120 said:

@coolie553:

And is supported in God of War 3 by all the other rocky structures you can clearly see when you're in the Underworld. Open the big door to Tartarus from Hephaestus' place, you can see the exact same things.

im pretty sure that those structures are not doing most of the lifting also if we go by the mythology Atlas lifts all of the world.

but hey eveen if that was not the case there are other feats that back up continental God of War

#37 Posted by jashro44 (52416 posts) - - Show Bio

@iusemycajonas: @jashugan:Both of you are getting a warning and a 24 hour ban for insults. Cool your jets. There is no reason to call people a "hyper aggressive kid" and there is no reason to antagonize.

And iusemycajonas this will be your final warning because you've had many warnings in the past.

#38 Edited by Coolie553 (60 posts) - - Show Bio

Also Kratos can match in combat guys that can react and dodge ligth.

Loading Video...
Loading Video...
Loading Video...
Loading Video...
Loading Video...

Logan doesnt just get one shoted but also omega blitzed by Kratos.

#39 Posted by DemonGod_PABLO (1649 posts) - - Show Bio

If the Devs said Kratos is a lightning timer then he blitz’s

Avatar image for deactivated-5ae4a3e17c71e
#40 Posted by deactivated-5ae4a3e17c71e (732 posts) - - Show Bio

Kratos. Old isn't blitzing him for decap. He'll get his head chopped off or his heart ripped off or something alike trying to kill Kratos.

#41 Posted by decaf_wizard (16936 posts) - - Show Bio

If the Devs said Kratos is a lightning timer then he blitz’s

Except that was a prior incarnation and current Old Kratos isn't anywhere near that level

#42 Posted by TheTruthIII (3309 posts) - - Show Bio

Kratos literally moved from Greece to Scandinavia for the events of GoW 4, right? So that means the Greek Gods weren't even small country level.

Anyways, Old Man Kratos doesn't decapitate or rip hearts out anymore. He's more prone to neck snapping, although I still think he should take a slight majority here

Avatar image for synchronized_123
#43 Posted by synchronized_123 (2271 posts) - - Show Bio

The disrespect Kratos gets is astounding.

Avatar image for great_black_star
#44 Posted by great_black_star (3333 posts) - - Show Bio

Kratos will stomp. His clash with Baldur was cracking the earth open, punches were shattering trees and even busted a huge Boulder thrown by Baldur. Wolverine is greatly outclassed in strength department here and even in combat speed.

#45 Posted by Chad_Duby (5681 posts) - - Show Bio

Logan.

#46 Posted by Mee09 (5711 posts) - - Show Bio

Kratos H2H combat ability IS INSANE NOW. He doesn't even need a weapon to defeat Wolverine. He didn't before. But he absolutely doesn't need one now. Less than 30 minutes into the game he faces someone with a MUCH greater healing factor than this version of Wolverine.

#47 Posted by Noone1996 (11687 posts) - - Show Bio

@coolie553: Atlas had help from pillars and didn't even hold the underworld too. Also, none of that even proves anything. How can any of that be used in the context of a fight?

#48 Posted by Coolie553 (60 posts) - - Show Bio

@noone1996: Because those are Continental level feats?and that Kratos killed every single God including Zeus wich is>>>>>>the other gods?those are not the only feats by the way there are way more.

Also could you give me reason why Kratos could not just speed blitz for being much faster then Logan?

#49 Posted by Jestersmiles (9826 posts) - - Show Bio

Logan, already with the wank jesus.

#50 Posted by Coolie553 (60 posts) - - Show Bio

@Jestersmiles: what wank?the only wank im seing here is that of people saying that a street level character would be able to defeat Kratos.