Old Green Arrow Runs The Gauntlet

The_Hajduk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

No Caption Provided

This is Oliver Queen from Legends of Tomorrow 1x07 'Star City 2046' which features a Green Arrow in his early 60s who had his arm chopped off by the new Deathstroke, and replaced it with a Palmer tech bionic arm. He has his full gear and he is fully motivated, but gets no rest between rounds.

• 1 - New Team Arrow
No Caption Provided

Wild Dog, Black Canary, and Mr. Terrific.

• 2 - Arsenal and Speedy
No Caption Provided

Suits, bows and arrows.

• 3 - Ricardo Diaz
No Caption Provided

Flamethrower, pistol, combat knife and hidden knife.

• 4 - Spartan
No Caption Provided

Protective suit, custom pistol with trick ammunition, combat knife

• 5 - Dark Archer
No Caption Provided

Dark Archer gear

Battlefield
Battlefield

Avatar image for professorrespect
ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

Stops outright at three. In his 60's, his stamina would have naturally decreased a lot since his prime, and through I can see him getting through the first two rounds with a mixture of his gear and endurance, I'm not seeing him deal with a prime Diaz without failing.

The_Hajduk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump

The_Hajduk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Stops outright at three. In his 60's, his stamina would have naturally decreased a lot since his prime, and through I can see him getting through the first two rounds with a mixture of his gear and endurance, I'm not seeing him deal with a prime Diaz without failing.

Personally I think the argument can be made since current Ollie just beat superhuman Diaz. If we assume old Ollie is even more skilled and wise then he might be able to pull it off again over regular Diaz. The fact that they've fought and he's won so many times in the past gives him an advantage too.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kind of impossible to say.

The_Hajduk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44 said:

Kind of impossible to say.

Aren't all these threads?

ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@diarrhearegatta said:

Personally I think the argument can be made since current Ollie just beat superhuman Diaz. If we assume old Ollie is even more skilled and wise then he might be able to pull it off again over regular Diaz. The fact that they've fought and he's won so many times in the past gives him an advantage too.

I mean, old Ollie logically could have more skill than current, but at such a old age for active crimefighting, he'll likely have much less energy than what he had in his prime. Much like Sensei in the comics, who has enough accumulated skill and experience to outright stomp Batman, but can only fight for more than a minute before his body gives up.

He should be able to beat Diaz normally, but with two rounds of fairly competent foes and with no rest in between, I'm not seeing him doing it personally.

The_Hajduk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@diarrhearegatta: I see. The no rest rule is definitely a clincher. But isnt Ollie known for his tremendous endurance and ability to endure above all else?

Avatar image for blackpantherisb
blackpantherisb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@the_hajduk: He got dominated most of the fight against Diaz and was helpless at Diaz’s feet until the very end of the fight. I wouldn’t call it a win for Oliver.

ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@diarrhearegatta: I see. The no rest rule is definitely a clincher. But isnt Ollie known for his tremendous endurance and ability to endure above all else?

I mean, that's what is pushing him into fighting crime effectively, even in retirement age. There's only so much that a body of that age can do before it hits a natural limit.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-6098713be0993
deactivated-6098713be0993

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He had one combat feat of going toe to toe with Grant Wilson and holding his own for a time despite being in his 60’s and fighting for the first time in 30 or so years. He stops at Diaz, since he’s fairly close to season 6 Oliver’s level.

Slade-Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Stops at 3, i was inclined to say 2 though.

The_Hajduk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By The_Hajduk

He had one combat feat of going toe to toe with Grant Wilson and holding his own for a time despite being in his 60’s and fighting for the first time in 30 or so years. He stops at Diaz, since he’s fairly close to season 6 Oliver’s level.

I disagree. He's arguably below Diggle now. Oliver has beaten Diaz even when Diaz became a superhuman.

Avatar image for deactivated-6098713be0993
deactivated-6098713be0993

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_hajduk: Honestly, I don’t know anymore. Diaz is so over the place it’s like he’s a character from season 4. One minute he dominates season 7 Oliver, the next he’s being beaten by Diggle. To add to this, the Elseworlds crossover showed Digg is still fairly below Oliver in the skill department considering he bested both him and Killer Frost in the elevator.

The whole thing’s a mess.

The_Hajduk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_hajduk: Honestly, I don’t know anymore. Diaz is so over the place it’s like he’s a character from season 4. One minute he dominates season 7 Oliver, the next he’s being beaten by Diggle.

Diggle's wins are legit for him, but they're upset victories if we're being honest. I'd put Diaz right on par with Malcolm and Slade. He could have beaten Arrow in S1 if they crossed paths, luckily Diaz was keeping a low profile. But S7 Oliver defeats all of his old opponents casually. Bronze Tiger, Stardust, Talia. This includes Diaz as he beat Diaz when Diaz was enhanced. True Diaz had brutal fights with Ollie in S6, but Ollie won both fights, and that alone doesn't really make them peers. Ollie is distinctly better imo.