Odin vs Thanos

Avatar image for white_angel_of_death
White Angel Of Death

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I've searched and searched and i can't find this battle which im surprised. Sorry if it has been done though! 

Fight takes place on the moon. Both current versions at full power. No destroyer armour, no Infinity Gauntlet .   

They both get two days prep on each other. 

Both blood-lusted. 

Win by: KO

Odin
Odin

Thanos 
Thanos 
bigcimmerian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By bigcimmerian

Odin wins this without much trouble.

Assman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Assman

Um, yeah, it's been done.  In comics and in battles, and majority generally agree to the outcome.

YoungThriller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By YoungThriller

Odin won their encounter in the comic.

Avatar image for white_angel_of_death
White Angel Of Death

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@BigCimmerian said:
@Assman said:
Um, yeah, it's been done.  In comics and in battles, and majority generally agree to the outcome.
@YoungThriller said:
Odin won their encounter in the comic.
That was years and years and years ago, thanos has gotten stronger since then.
YoungThriller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By YoungThriller
@White Angel Of Death: Out come is still the same.
Avatar image for czarny_samael666
czarny_samael666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By czarny_samael666

Still Odin. Even with Death's protection, Thanos still can be imprisoned and BFR.

bigcimmerian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By bigcimmerian

Avatar image for themightyavenger
TheMightyAvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By TheMightyAvenger

Odin wins even if he can't kill Thanos, Odin can still win through other means.

MrBigBalls

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By MrBigBalls

Odin

TheGoldenOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#11  Edited By TheGoldenOne
Odin
ndm5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By ndm5
@BigCimmerian said:

when odin has thor by the neck, it looked like thor was about to shit his pants LOL
jeanroygrant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By jeanroygrant

odin

jojjimbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By jojjimbo

Odin.

LubeMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By LubeMan

@YoungThriller said:

@White Angel Of Death: Out come is still the same.

Actually, no it's not. After reading Thanos Imperative, not really sure?

First_Last

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By First_Last

Thanos.

Billy Batson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#17  Edited By Billy Batson

Odin stomps
BB

First_Last

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By First_Last

Odin didn't even draw blood on an older much weaker version of Thanos. Thanos has been upgraded a few times since then. While Odin has not. In fact he seems weaker currently. Those Who Sit Above In Shadow were feeding of the asgardian life energies which is why Odin made Thor with Gaea. Each time they came back they came back weaker having had part of their collective essences consumed. Current Odin is weaker then he once was. Current Thanos is not. Thanos wins with prep he owns.

TheGodKiller3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By TheGodKiller3

@BigCimmerian said:

I hope Odin didn't watch Franklin Richards in action against the Celestials, using Galactus as a living weapon , if he considers humans to be mere ants .

The same Celestials AND Galactus that Odin miserably failed against .

Freefa11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Freefa11

@First_Last said:

Odin didn't even draw blood on an older much weaker version of Thanos. Thanos has been updraded a few times since then.

I'm pretty sure Thanos did not receive the upgrades you've claimed. Infinity War happened before he fought Odin, and he never said he upgraded himself after The End, just that he granted himself "life assuring wishes." Drawing blood isn't the be-all-end-all of combat; there are plenty of things that can harm or even kill someone without making them bleed. Thanos was getting knocked around and was visibly struggling, while he had hardly any effect at all on Odin. All their battle really proved was that Thanos was much tougher than anyone had previously believed, including Odin.

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#21  Edited By Killemall

@Freefa11 said:

I'm pretty sure Thanos did not receive the upgrades you've claimed. Infinity War happened before he fought Odin, and he never said he upgraded himself after The End, just that he granted himself "life assuring wishes." Drawing blood isn't the be-all-end-all of combat; there are plenty of things that can harm or even kill someone without making them bleed. Thanos was getting knocked around and was visibly struggling, while he had hardly any effect at all on Odin. All their battle really proved was that Thanos was much tougher than anyone had previously believed, including Odin.

• Thanos did receive upgrade in Thanos Imperative.
  • The End isnt even cannon, all The End series from marvel arent cannon, even the writers have openly admitted that.
  • Well not saying Thanos would win but Thanos is pretty damn durable much more than you are making him so. People see that battle and go cool, what they dont see is just before that battle Thanos faught Warrior Madness Thor with Power Gem, then faught a bunch of asgardain before Odin interferred and this has to be below the said 8 hrs by which time thor would have broken free. Thanos didnt really look in too bad a shape though, he picked himself off from the ground of debris and was ready to fight.
  • Power gem thor however did draw blood from thanos before being frozen.

However , i dont think thanos can win this because most of thanos's attack arent going to hurt odin while the opposite is true. Thanos can BFR Odin but odin can come back , Odin bfrs thanos without his tech he cant come back.

First_Last

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By First_Last

@Freefa11 said:

@First_Last said:

Odin didn't even draw blood on an older much weaker version of Thanos. Thanos has been updraded a few times since then.

Granted the specifics of his "life assuring wishes" besides the restoration of his armada are unknown. However Thanos' entire history has been dedicated to him increasing his personal might. Stemming from highly justifiable paranoia or to aid in his desire to impress his mistress. Throughout his mini an increase to his personal might is evident based on him accomplishing feats that he other wise wouldn't have been capable under is own power i.e. his encounters with Galactus and the Maker ect. The other upgrade I was referring to would be his most current resurrection as evidenced by feats as well i.e. reconstituting him self, being able to with stand a cosmic cube while weakened and remaining not only unharmed but sill conscious ect. Odin was completely ineffective untill he called upon Gungnir and still wasn't. Odin himself was not knocking Thanos around to any extent. Thanos even tanked his intial unaided blast like it was nothing. Blasts that one shot both Surfer and Drax. He was not visibly struggling. Heck Thanos didn't even feel the need to raise his vaunted shields at all during the entirety of their encounter. The only thing that you said that was true in regards to that encounter is that Odin appeared hardly effected. Though the same applies to Thanos outside of tattered clothing. It proved that even at that point in his history he and Odin power reserves were comparable as stated by Lord Odin himself. Who also stated the only significant difference between their power sources was their respective origins. If Odin was doing anything significant to him he would have fled or stated as such like he did vs Tyrant and Galactus. Especially since he was there to aid not fight not to mention he would have done some sign of viable damage other then ripping Thanos clothes.

MrDirector786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 4

#23  Edited By MrDirector786

@Killemall said:

• The End isnt even cannon, all The End series from marvel arent cannon, even the writers have openly admitted that.

Really? Because it was actually mentioned in Thanos' mini-series back in 2005 or 2006 (can't remember the year but it took place after the End). In the very first issue, I think it mentioned the events of the End storyline. Though at the end of The End (I had to say that :P), Thanos did wipe the event from everyone's memory so it's possible only he really still knows about it.

First_Last

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By First_Last

@Killemall said:

@Freefa11 said:

• Thanos did receive upgrade in Thanos Imperative.
  • Well not saying Thanos would win but Thanos is pretty damn durable much more than you are making him so. People see that battle and go cool, what they dont see is just before that battle Thanos faught Warrior Madness Thor with Power Gem, then faught a bunch of asgardain before Odin interferred and this has to be below the said 8 hrs by which time thor would have broken free. Thanos didnt really look in too bad a shape though, he picked himself off from the ground of debris and was ready to fight.
  • Power gem thor however did draw blood from thanos before being frozen.

However , i dont think thanos can win this because most of thanos's attack arent going to hurt odin while the opposite is true. Thanos can BFR Odin but odin can come back , Odin bfrs thanos without his tech he cant come back.

Marvel The End although not originally intended to be is cannon and ties directly into Thanos' mini. The estimated time of Thor escape was 3hrs not eight iirc. Thanos can teleport himself without aid of tech. His tech just greatly increases his capacity. Though given that Starlord and Nova felt they needed to stay indicates even his personal teleportaion capability was increased as well.

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Killemall

@MrDirector786 said:

Really? Because it was actually mentioned in Thanos' mini-series back in 2005 or 2006 (can't remember the year but it took place after the End). In the very first issue, I think it mentioned the events of the End storyline. Though at the end of The End (I had to say that :P), Thanos did wipe the event from everyone's memory so it's possible only he really still knows about it.

Not only is it mentioned in the mini-series, thanos 1 to be exact its was also a part of Thanos's official bio. However it was later declared to be non-cannon and the desription the writers gave was something of the sort did happen but the series by itself is non-canon, doesnt sounds correct but thats the case. S_G had a link that showed the writing saying so. Me, citizen_bane and Morphius_ well all discussing this assuming The End is cannon and it was then SG and Capitol_Punishment posted reason why it isnt so. I personally think its iffy.

@First_Last said:

Marvel The End although not originally intended to be is cannon and ties directly into Thanos' mini. The estimated time of Thor escape was 3hrs not eight iirc. Thanos can teleport himself without aid of tech. His tech just greatly increases his capacity.

See the explanation above, its sucks though. Final verdic however was , ever The End series published by Marvel is non-cannon.

Could u show me a scan of thanos teleporting himself without tech, i have virtually read every thanos issue and dont remember him doing so (but then that could be because that was before i joined this forum so never kept scans for future scans, these days though every time i am reading issue i find myself looking for feats really keenly :p , battle forum does that to u :D )

First_Last

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By First_Last

@MrDirector786 said:

@Killemall said:

Indeed he and Warlock alone besides TOAA of course who used him like a pawn.

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Killemall

@First_Last said:

I have seen this before but where did this TOAA thing comes from. He said he was manipulated by someone to whom all things are possible not necessarily TOAA.

Tevnoba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#28  Edited By Tevnoba

Tough call. Odin is weaker that when he last fought Thanos (but we do not know how much of Odin's power he was using), and Thanos is more powerful than he was (again we do not know how much of power Thanos was using in their battle). I am fairly certain Thanos was not using his full range of power in their original fight, because he did not come to Asgard to defeat Odin, just get him to listen.

Without the prep, I say 50/50 because there is not enough information about their current capabilities. With the prep time, I have to give it to Thanos.

First_Last

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By First_Last

@Killemall:

First_Last

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By First_Last

@Killemall said:

@First_Last said:

I have seen this before but where did this TOAA thing comes from. He said he was manipulated by someone to whom all things are possible not necessarily TOAA.

TOAA is the only being in Marvel that actually applies to (all things being possible). Could you show me something official in way of Marvel The End not being cannon? I have never seen anything stating it was not before. That and how it ties in to the mini and at the end of that starts Annihilation make me believe it is.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b2e798651249
deactivated-5b2e798651249

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Odin no problem.

marvelfanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#32  Edited By marvelfanboy

@BigCimmerian said:

Thorr128

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Thorr128

Odin. Curb stomp like a boss.Why?

Because I'm Batman!

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Killemall

@Thorr128 said:

Odin. Curb stomp like a boss.Why?

Because I'm Batman!

o_O ok while i do not disagree with Odin beating him i have one very important question, when did you become batman?

Also, have thy forsaken the mighty Thor, have thy no shame? Thy actions wound the son of Asgard verily.

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By laflux

@Killemall said:

@Freefa11 said:

While I agree with you, Thanos has the natural ability to teleport, like all Eternals. They normally don't do so because its uncomfortable and drains their power, but since Thanos is alot more powerful than the rest of his race, has greater durability, and can synthesize cosmic energy as a power source, I don't think the same limitations would apply to him. But when he has such great tech, why would he both to teleport under his own power?

P.S, I know its an old post, but just to make sure :)

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Killemall

@laflux: hehe thanks, that was 8 months before where i though Thanos couldnt teleport without his gears. Now after having read up on Thanos i was surprised to see he can teleport not only across space but also across time, the latter of which isnt normal to eternals :)

And thanks appreciate the correct.

sagargeorge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By sagargeorge

thanos will win. before odin begins to move his muscle thanos will give a kick to his kunna(dick) thus odin dying to hell

ToO_RaW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By ToO_RaW

The End is cannon. It's been referenced in comics since. If it's referenced in comics that are undeniably cannon, then there's no debating the issue IMO.

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By dondave

@ToO_RaW:Jim Starlin said it wasn't due to the fact that the other End title's weren't cannon

ToO_RaW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By ToO_RaW

@dondave said:

@ToO_RaW:Jim Starlin said it wasn't due to the fact that the other End title's weren't cannon

Proof? And if you can provide proof - So he says. He's not an editor nor does he have an administrative say on what's cannon and what's not. If an undeniably cannon comic book references the event, how can it not be cannon? You'd have to consider the undeniably cannon book as non cannon for any of it to make sense.

Doesn't work like that folks!

ghostsuck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By ghostsuck

already done

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By dondave

@ToO_RaW:He's the person who wrote it, he wanted it to be part of continuity but Marvel Editorial told him it wasn't cannon and he had to accept that

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Killemall

@ToO_RaW said:

The End is cannon. It's been referenced in comics since. If it's referenced in comics that are undeniably cannon, then there's no debating the issue IMO.

Its not canon.

Firstly proof, this is what Tom replied the first time i asked him

No Caption Provided

So as bad as it may sound, The End projects are non canon, said so by Marvel Senior Vice President of Publishing.

@dondave said:

Starlin originally considered the series as canon, he later changed his mind. Tom Brevroot and other writers must have beaten the crap out of him for him to do so :p

ToO_RaW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By ToO_RaW

@Killemall said:

No Caption Provided

@ToO_RaW said:

Its not canon.

Firstly proof, this is what Tom replied the first time i asked him

So as bad as it may sound, The End projects are non canon, said so by Marvel Senior Vice President of Publishing.

@dondave said:

Starlin originally considered the series as canon, he later changed his mind. Tom Brevroot and other writers must have beaten the crap out of him for him to do so :p

Ok...and this is like a tweet? Is there any hard evidence besides a message that means (in reality) nothing besides he doesn't like the fact? Where is the proof? LMFAO! Dude...it's referenced in cannon books. There's nothing else to say. If you consider it non-cannon, then you have to consider every book it's referenced in as non-cannon as well. Simple as that. I'll post 3 scans of undeniably cannon books that reference the event.

A fan question with an answer that's not published by Marvel doesn't mean a thing. That's like George Lucas trying to have a say in Star Wars nowadays. As you and everyone else can see, he avoided 90% of your question.

Sorry Tom. Unless something that's published by Marvel says otherwise, you're just stating your opinion. You should have had your shit together before the references were published as cannon if you didn't wan't Marvel: The End to be cannon. Oh wait....you're just a VICE pres. lol

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By ShootingNova

@ToO_RaW: I would suggest you watch your language.

And Lucas does have a say in Star Wars, even now, and he is still the highest class of canon. But that's off-topic.

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Killemall

@ToO_RaW said:

Ok...and this is like a tweet? Is there any hard evidence besides a message that means (in reality) nothing besides he doesn't like the fact? Where is the proof? LMFAO! Dude...it's referenced in cannon books. There's nothing else to say. If you consider it non-cannon, then you have to consider every book it's referenced in as non-cannon as well. Simple as that. I'll post 3 scans of undeniably cannon books that reference the event.

A fan question with an answer that's not published by Marvel doesn't mean a thing. That's like George Lucas trying to have a say in Star Wars nowadays. As you and everyone else can see, he avoided 90% of your question.

Sorry Tom. Unless something that's published by Marvel says otherwise, you're just stating your opinion. You should have had your shit together before the references were published as cannon if you didn't wan't Marvel: The End to be cannon. Oh wait....you're just a VICE pres. lol

I understand where you are coming from, and previously i myself believed it was canon. We can agree to disagree, but if you notice when i asked Tom Brevroot (it was in formpsring, so pretty equivalent to twitter) i myself quoted few instances where it has been referred to as though it was canon. Instances i can recall are:

1. Starlin interview right before Thanos mini series

2. Thanos 01

3. Thanos Sourcebook, which serves as prelude to Thanos Imperative

4. Various pages of 2005/2006 Marvel official handbook (under LT, Eternity, Death and Thanos).

That being said, the reply in regards to it not being canon comes from Tom Brevroot. He is the Editor in Chief as well as Senior Vice President of Marvel publication. Thats as administrative a person on what is regarded as canon and what is not, you can get. While the communication is of course unofficial, i see no reason why Tom would lie to a fan, sounds rather bizzare.

So while we can disagree on this, despite it being referred to Thanos 01 (thats the only real comics i have seen it being referenced rest are bios and interviews) Marvel now seem to think Marvel: The End , as well as every The End titles are non-canon

spawn_123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By spawn_123

Odin

ToO_RaW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By ToO_RaW

@Killemall said:

@ToO_RaW said:

I understand where you are coming from, and previously i myself believed it was canon. We can agree to disagree, but if you notice when i asked Tom Brevroot (it was in formpsring, so pretty equivalent to twitter) i myself quoted few instances where it has been referred to as though it was canon. Instances i can recall are:

Right...and he ignored that entire part of your question. Seems kinda fishy...

And we will have to agree to disagree. While he may be as administrative as you can get, his reply to you on formspring is 100% unofficial.

2. Thanos 01
3. Thanos Sourcebook, which serves as prelude to Thanos Imperative
4. Various pages of 2005/2006 Marvel official handbook (under LT, Eternity, Death and Thanos).

Those are official. Nothing from Marvel has been released to say otherwise.

I'm also pretty sure there's an on-panel Nova Corpse File of Thanos that has references to The End as well.

ToO_RaW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By ToO_RaW

@ShootingNova said:

@ToO_RaW: I would suggest you watch your language.

And Lucas does have a say in Star Wars, even now, and he is still the highest class of canon. But that's off-topic.

Are you serious? I said "shit"....

LOL

Avatar image for oppagangnamstyle19
oppagangnamstyle19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Odin wins rather easily