Odin vs Highfather

Avatar image for ___living_tribunal_22__
___Living_Tribunal_22__

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

This happens in a DC vs Marvel crossover, Odin crashes on New Genesis and the first person he meets is Highfather, he asks who he is, Odin tells him that he is emperor of Asgard and the most powerful god of Earth. Highfather cuestions this and challenges him.

Rules:  
- Morals on 
- Both at their prime 
- Odin cannot use the Destroyer or other artifact 
- Highfather cannot use the power of The Source 

So, who wins?
Avatar image for gremlin_from_kremlin
Gremlin From Kremlin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Odin.

Avatar image for ___living_tribunal_22__
___Living_Tribunal_22__

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Odin 

Really? Why?
Avatar image for czarny_samael666
czarny_samael666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By czarny_samael666

Odin, because Highfather doesn't have too many feats. If he have any at all...

alexandrinus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By alexandrinus

Both should have the same level of power (Highfather is the Dc's answer to Marvel Odin) but Odin has way much more power feats. 
Odin wins.
Avatar image for capitolpunishment
CapitolPunishment

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By CapitolPunishment

I'd say that Odin takes this one.  High Father has a lot of implied power but is lacking in the feat department.  Unlike highfather who sends others to lead his armies in time of peril,  Odin suits up and is on the front lines when he is needed and has proven  time and time again his sky-father status is well earned
Freefa11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Freefa11
@alexandrinus: That seems like saying Ghost Rider is Marvel's version of the Spectre. Plus, DC does have its own Odin (and Thor). 

I don't see much reason to believe Highfather is as high as Odin. He lost a 1-on-1 fight with Ares pretty conclusively. It would also skew the power scale between New Genesis and Apokalips; Marvel Odin is pretty far above Thor or Silver Surfer, whereas Darkseid isn't much higher than Superman. If Highfather were as powerful as Odin then he should be able to just sweep the entire planet of Apokalips away without much of a problem (although this issue could be more PIS related, I suppose).
Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8  Edited By Killemall

I personally always though they were very evenly matched. 

yes i suppose Odin has more feats but highfather doesnt generally engage in battle himself, but that doesnt mean he isnt as powerful. and yes again this is my own personal opinion but i though they were like mirror images.. highfather to me was pretty much the Dc version of odin.. 

but if i had to absolutely pick on i would pick Odin, as everyone else has done too. My choice is pretty much based on the fact that Odin has a massive amount of showing as compared with highfather. 

jec777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By jec777

highfather has given up the ways of the warrior.  even so as a warrior he never showed much that could compair with the odin force.  it wasn't until he found the source his  power level raised.  for this battle there is no source.  if morals are on highfather dies a marter.  if highfather decides to fight hand to hand it's close, but as soon as odin uses the OF highfather is down asking the source why it has forsaken him.
m0ntyb0y

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By m0ntyb0y

if highfather lacks feats but has a lot of implied power, this is more of an unpredictable match-up
I don't see why Odin wins by default

alexandrinus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By alexandrinus
@Freefa11
What i said was that Highfather was the answer to Marvel's Odin and that they SHOULD have the same level of power and not that they actually have it. Due to his vast appereances on Marvel comics Odin's power grew very fast in the first years he stared on comics whereas Highfather was forgotten after one or two appereances on Dc's books.And when he appeared again DC wasn't interested any longer in the Norse gods as they had turned into the Greeck ones with Wonder Woman and Highfather was simply kept his powers at the same level of his first appearances (if not less powerful). At the moment Odin IS more powerful than Highfather.
Freefa11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Freefa11
@alexandrinus: I don't really see it. Odin and Highfather somewhat share the same broad archetypal role, and have a vaguely similar (wizened old man) appearance, but otherwise are extremely different characters in just about every way. Even going by the very early appearances of Odin in Journey into Mystery vs. Kirby's original New Gods, there's not much beyond that superficial resemblance. Even as far as implied power goes, Izaya was always presented as the retired veteran who was well passed his prime, and had to stand aside for the new, younger champion to fill the role (Orion, in this case). There is not much to really indicate, for most of the NG writings, that Izaya actually outclasses Orion by any great degree. In comparison, in Marvel it was made quite clear even from very early on that Odin vastly outclassed his son in power and could crush any of his enemies, but chose not to for various nebulous (usually contrived, to be honest) reasons. 

Speaking of implied power, I don't even see why Izaya's would be that great at any point in DC. His counterpart is, ostensibly, Darkseid. I would think that even theoretically speaking, Highfather's power should not outstrip Darkseid's by a very large margin. Otherwise, as I noted earlier, he should be able to end the conflict between their worlds by himself, and the only reason Darkseid was around to terrorize the universe so long was because Highfather let him. However, this wold be extremely out of character for someone like Highfather (though not for Odin, funnily enough). 

Or to put it another way: Darkseid is well below Odin. Why wouldn't Highfather be as well?
Avatar image for capitolpunishment
CapitolPunishment

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Freefa11 said:
@alexandrinus: I don't really see it. Odin and Highfather somewhat share the same broad archetypal role, and have a vaguely similar (wizened old man) appearance, but otherwise are extremely different characters in just about every way. Even going by the very early appearances of Odin in Journey into Mystery vs. Kirby's original New Gods, there's not much beyond that superficial resemblance. Even as far as implied power goes, Izaya was always presented as the retired veteran who was well passed his prime, and had to stand aside for the new, younger champion to fill the role (Orion, in this case). There is not much to really indicate, for most of the NG writings, that Izaya actually outclasses Orion by any great degree. In comparison, in Marvel it was made quite clear even from very early on that Odin vastly outclassed his son in power and could crush any of his enemies, but chose not to for various nebulous (usually contrived, to be honest) reasons.  Speaking of implied power, I don't even see why Izaya's would be that great at any point in DC. His counterpart is, ostensibly, Darkseid. I would think that even theoretically speaking, Highfather's power should not outstrip Darkseid's by a very large margin. Otherwise, as I noted earlier, he should be able to end the conflict between their worlds by himself, and the only reason Darkseid was around to terrorize the universe so long was because Highfather let him. However, this wold be extremely out of character for someone like Highfather (though not for Odin, funnily enough).  Or to put it another way: Darkseid is well below Odin. Why wouldn't Highfather be as well?
Agreed.

@jec777 said:
highfather has given up the ways of the warrior.  even so as a warrior he never showed much that could compair with the odin force.  it wasn't until he found the source his  power level raised.  for this battle there is no source.  if morals are on highfather dies a marter.  if highfather decides to fight hand to hand it's close, but as soon as odin uses the OF highfather is down asking the source why it has forsaken him.

Highfather was not even "Highfather" until he gained his powers from the source so what you said makes no sense..

@thread

DC Odin is more of the Marvel Odin counterpart, for many other reasons then jus looking exactly alike

DC Odin was actually more powerful then highfather in his limited showings. He was an "Old God" while Highfather was a "Flawed" new god. DC Odin was shown with 2 of his "sky-father" counterparts to be powerful enough to damage the source itself with a combined attack, splitting it into 2 separate entities, "The Source" and the "ALE". 

The Source was then a flawed and incomplete version of itself when he created Highfather and the "new gods" who were then in turn flawed themselves
Avatar image for deactivated-5b2e798651249
deactivated-5b2e798651249

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

Bump.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c63f773eaecf
deactivated-5c63f773eaecf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

In my opinion, The DC Skyfathers are all actual Gods, Marvels Skyfathers are just assumed Gods by mortals but really aren't. None of them are of divine origin, but DCs Skyfathers are beings of divine nature and understanding with full cosmic awareness. I think Highfather was lacking that divinity and cosmic awareness, but had massive power output that could at least raise the eyebrows of Odin and Zeus. Combined, all three managed to essentially break Gods window and look inside his house for a time. ( Broke the Sources wall ). I got the implied impression that Odin and Zeus together couldn't do it, but with Highfathers help they could. So, does that mean Highfather is roughly on par with Odin and Zeus in Marvel?

IMO, Yes. Zeus in Marvel had trouble with Thor, Odin had difficulty ( apparently ) putting down Thanos and Galactus. Marvels Skyfathers are all mid tier beings but I've always assumed that DCs versions were literal divinity and beings that could only be affected or beaten by someone like Anti Monitor with absolutely full power to destroy almost everything there is. I say Highfather takes a fight against Marvels Odin without much of a problem, but would draw against DCs Odin. Zeus in DC was given the title " master of magic" and with that over the years Ive always considered him to be able to put down Spectre and Myx without a hint of a problem. Divinity > High Tier magic IMO.

Shavo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

highfather wins he has a connection to the source that is a aspect of the creator of the entire DC universe

Avatar image for deactivated-5c63f773eaecf
deactivated-5c63f773eaecf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

^ Highfather was still killed off a while back, The Source doesn't protect him.

Avatar image for New_World_Order
New_World_Order

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By New_World_Order

Odin.

TifaLockhart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Highfather isn't Highfather without the Source.

Avatar image for betatesthighlander1
Betatesthighlander1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

rolldestroyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Odin wins easily. His feats are much superior to Highfather's.

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Odin

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

User Lists: 10

Highfather doesn't have any feats, which is a shame on DC's part. DC doesn't seem to care too much about the new gods

Gabranth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

According to the new 52 origin, Uxa (Darkseid) was mortal. He killed the Gods one by one and stole their powers. Before they died, those Gods gave powers to Highfather who seems to surpass Darkseid. His Omega Beams had no effects on him. Highfather never fights, probably because no one dares. At the end of the day, I view him as perhaps an equal to Odin. When you read about him, he's truly Godly and as shown in the new 52, he lives outside the Multiverse like Darkseid and have visited multiple universes

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

flashback0180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

XD ...and i'm sitting here laughing for a entirely diffrent reason

DrF8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

@p0rtal: that's...actually true. I think...

DrF8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

@flashback0180: you're laughing because of that mud-guy actually raping ( ?!? ) the phantom red girl?

NIGHT-WING-ZAI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Odin

XiiX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

OOCMikey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm not so sure Odin wins anymore, not since the New 52 has launched. Plus, Highfather in Injustice convinced Zues to stand down.

Highfather > Zues > Superman > Darkseid

According to Injustice.

newecho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@oocmikey: high father is on the level of a thanos and doesn't have the feats of an Odin

dawnone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Odin easily

Bane_of_sith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think Odin would win but it would be far from easy. Anyone who thinks otherwise is drastically underestimating high father.

OOCMikey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@newecho: High Father is equal or greater than Darkseid. Darkseid > Thanos. And in Injustice comics, High Father > Zues. Even though High Father is shrouded in mystery, it is clear he's very strong.

Chazz85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Both should have the same level of power (Highfather is the Dc's answer to Marvel Odin) but Odin has way much more power feats.

Odin wins.

newecho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@oocmikey said:

@newecho: High Father is equal or greater than Darkseid. Darkseid > Thanos. And in Injustice comics, High Father > Zues. Even though High Father is shrouded in mystery, it is clear he's very strong.

dude no,, thanos and darkseid are equal and most versions thanos is greater but they are really on the same level... High Father is supposed to be above darkseid by a touch but that is just by statements... Injustice is a completely different continuity so idk about that one.... Highfather is supposed > zeus so Idk what that means....

OOCMikey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@newecho: Well I'm just talking about feats when it comes to Injustice, not a definite canon story pertaining to Highfather.

I don't think Darkseid and Thanos are equal whatsoever. Even if it was close, Darkseid has the edge because of his multiverse accolades.

Back to the battle at hand, I believe Highfather is much stronger than most are giving him credit for. Plus, New Genesis probably has the best technology in the DC Multiverse. A Prophet, a technological genius, and equal if not greater than Darkseid. Forget the feats, what about that makes him the loser as it pertains to Odin?

mr-luxcipher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Sy8000

Odin stomps.

OOCMikey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By OOCMikey

BUMP

Mr_Existence

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Odin I guess

Divell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MasterKungFu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 11

@divell: why did you respond to an inactive account?

OOCMikey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@divell said:
@___living_tribunal_22__ said:

Odin

Really? Why?

casual galaxy buster vs none feats guy, Odin take it easy.

It's universally understood that New Genesis has the best technology in the Multiverse. Also, Apokoliptian tech can destroy galaxies. Highfather has enough feats to know he can hang with the best.

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Still Odin.

OOCMikey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

newecho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@oocmikey: high father doesn't have the feats to beat an Odin.. Odin in a fight destroys galaxies andhis magical artifacts and tech > new genisis tech only... Odin also controls the time stream which high father can only travel through.. High father is at darkseid and thanos level or slightly above them..

OOCMikey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@newecho said:

@oocmikey: high father doesn't have the feats to beat an Odin.. Odin in a fight destroys galaxies andhis magical artifacts and tech > new genisis tech only... Odin also controls the time stream which high father can only travel through.. High father is at darkseid and thanos level or slightly above them..

Well if we are using any feats alloted to Highfather, Highfather can stop time, and probably has the most magical artifact of them all, in the form of a staff. I'm not sure if he is the life-equation as stated in the Green Lantern "God Head" comic, but I feel like knowing exactly what a god is capable of, rather than simply knowing Highfather is strong asf with no feats makes it cause to pause. But my reasoning doesn't matter. I go with Highfather because he only reports to the place that houses ALL fallen gods.