• 122 results
#101 Posted by Supermanthor (18666 posts) - - Show Bio
#102 Posted by Supermanthor (18666 posts) - - Show Bio

Bump

#103 Posted by Ouroborik (3544 posts) - - Show Bio

@soratoumiga said:

@supermanthor:

with ig ..........

Thanos bitchslapped In-Betweener without the Gauntlet, iirc.

then its eihter poor writing or have some context in betweener is leagues above thanos

In-Betweener was stated on-panel, in that very scene, to be depowered...why do people even bring up this stuff?

#104 Posted by Jmarshmallow (13840 posts) - - Show Bio

@spambot: It being an outlier is the problem here. It’s not enough to beat someone who is CONSISTENTLY Phoenix level.

#105 Edited by Spambot (9388 posts) - - Show Bio

@jmarshmallow said:

@spambot: It being an outlier is the problem here. It’s not enough to beat someone who is CONSISTENTLY Phoenix level.

Phoenix level itself varies greatly. I think there is an argument to be made for Nate but you can't do that just by trying to scale him off of Phoenix. It needs to be by virtue of his own feats. I mean otherwise we have a nearly omniscient IG Thanos putting Odin on the same level as Galactus and a Celestial if we are just going to use scaling by statements made in comics.

#106 Posted by Jmarshmallow (13840 posts) - - Show Bio

@spambot: Again, the difference between your examples and mine are consistency. Nate has CONSISTENTLY been equated to Phoenix. Whereas Odin has CONSISTENTLY been shown to be below Galactus.

Shaman Nate’s feats are basically being compared to Phoenix, being capable of devouring Universes, and having literally zero Anti-feats.

I just see no reason why Odin stands any chance against someone who is being specifically noted by authors on multiple occasions to be a universal+ threat.

#107 Posted by Spambot (9388 posts) - - Show Bio

@spambot: Again, the difference between your examples and mine are consistency. Nate has CONSISTENTLY been equated to Phoenix. Whereas Odin has CONSISTENTLY been shown to be below Galactus.

Shaman Nate’s feats are basically being compared to Phoenix, being capable of devouring Universes, and having literally zero Anti-feats.

I just see no reason why Odin stands any chance against someone who is being specifically noted by authors on multiple occasions to be a universal+ threat.

Comparing him to Galactus makes no sense when they've only fought once and Odin actually knocked him out and Surfer told Galactus he was overmatched once Odin brought out the Destroyer armor which I think he has in this gauntlet(don't remember). So if you are arguing that Odin has more low feats than Nate that is at least an argument but you should be using actual feats of Nate and not trying to scale him off of feats Phoenix has done under various hosts.

Avatar image for madscientist224
#108 Posted by Madscientist224 (1460 posts) - - Show Bio

Thanos dormy galan inbtwnr and Kronos are where he would stop.

#109 Posted by Jmarshmallow (13840 posts) - - Show Bio

@spambot: Odin knocked him down then he immediately got back up, and that was an amped Odin against a Hungry Galactus.

Problem with Shaman Nate is he doesn’t have a lot of feats, because he wasn’t around for long and when he WAS around he was an unstoppable threat that nobody could take down. His entire character is basically statements.

Consistent statements, which IMO are valid and should be used.

#110 Posted by Motifian (1512 posts) - - Show Bio

@jmarshmallow: Galactus didn't immediately get up after Odin's headbutt. He was koed for quite a while.

#111 Posted by Jmarshmallow (13840 posts) - - Show Bio

@motifian: No he wasn’t. Odin and Thor have a very brief conversation, and by the time they’re done Galactus is already back up, where Odin was done for.

#112 Edited by Spambot (9388 posts) - - Show Bio

@jmarshmallow said:

@spambot: Odin knocked him down then he immediately got back up, and that was an amped Odin against a Hungry Galactus.

Problem with Shaman Nate is he doesn’t have a lot of feats, because he wasn’t around for long and when he WAS around he was an unstoppable threat that nobody could take down. His entire character is basically statements.

Consistent statements, which IMO are valid and should be used.

No. Odin knocked him out in outer space and Galactus and Odin both then tumbled down to earth from hundreds of miles up where they crashed. Then, some time after that both got up. Its likely they were both knocked out for like 10-20 minutes.

#113 Posted by Jmarshmallow (13840 posts) - - Show Bio

@spambot: Falling from outer space to earth when you’re a galactic size entity wouldn’t take 20 minutes. On panel, it happens basically sequentially with no real break or time skip in between. Saying it took at most 5 minutes is being generous.

#114 Edited by destinyman75 (14214 posts) - - Show Bio

In Theroy Nate is crazy powerful but until he gets actual feats Odin beams him....

#115 Posted by BreakOfDawn (1988 posts) - - Show Bio

Jobdin stops between 1 and 4. Odin stops between 13 and 15.

#116 Edited by BreakOfDawn (1988 posts) - - Show Bio

@jmarshmallow: Odin had transferred his spirit into the Destroyer. He wasn't incapacitated by the fall anymore than Galactus was.

#117 Posted by Spambot (9388 posts) - - Show Bio

@spambot: Falling from outer space to earth when you’re a galactic size entity wouldn’t take 20 minutes. On panel, it happens basically sequentially with no real break or time skip in between. Saying it took at most 5 minutes is being generous.

They weren't galactic size entities in that comic. Galactus was like 100' tall at the most scaling off of Thor. It would take a pretty decent amount of time to fall a few hundred/thousand miles to earth's surface. Stop moving goalposts. This has gone from 'Odin just knocked him down and then Galactus got up' to 'it would only take 5 minutes at most for them to plummet hundreds if not thousands of times to earth'. The bottom line is that Odin knocked big G out for a prolonged period of time.

#118 Posted by Jmarshmallow (13840 posts) - - Show Bio

@spambot: I’m not moving the goalposts. I very clearly started this by saying that Odin is below Galactus, which is true in every sense.

THAT’S the goalpost, and despite your repeated attempts it remains no less true.

#119 Posted by Jmarshmallow (13840 posts) - - Show Bio
#120 Edited by Spambot (9388 posts) - - Show Bio

@jmarshmallow said:

@spambot: I’m not moving the goalposts. I very clearly started this by saying that Odin is below Galactus, which is true in every sense.

THAT’S the goalpost, and despite your repeated attempts it remains no less true.

That's not what we were arguing at the moment though. You said consistently below him when they have fought once and Odin ko'd him. I could accept that by overall showings Odin is below Galactus however.

#121 Posted by Jmarshmallow (13840 posts) - - Show Bio

@spambot: Well I disagree on your interpretation of the feat, but if we agree that Odin is below Galactus then there’s no need to discuss further.

Nate is comparable to him, whereas Odin is below him.

#122 Edited by Jooosh1996 (2737 posts) - - Show Bio

• 1 world breaker hulk Stomps
  • 2 dead seed sentry Stomps
  • 3 sliver surfer Stomps
  • 4 captain universe Stomps
  • 5 sharman nate grey Stomps
  • 6 adam warlock Stomps
  • 7 p5 cyclops Stomps
  • 8 classic strange Wins
  • 9 lord marvell Wins
  • 10 ultron Wins
  • 11 thanos Wins