Obi-Wan Kenobi runs the Jedi Council gauntlet (Canon)

Kaore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Kaore

This is Obi-Wan Kenobi as of his prime, which as of now should be Mustafar Kenobi, but the upcoming show may alter that.

Obi-Wan is calm, collected and is willing to kill as he believes it is necessary. He is healed inbetween rounds.

All councillors are during their tenure as council members.

Round 1 - Yarael Poof

Round 2 - Coleman Trebor

Round 3 - Adi Gallia

Round 4 - Evan Piell

Round 5 - Stass Alee

Round 6 - Coleman Kcaj

Round 7 - Agen Kolar

Round 8 - Saesee Tinn

Round 9 - Eeth Koth

Round 10 - Depa Billaba

Round 11 - Shaak Ti

Round 12 - Plo Koon

Round 13 - Ki-Adi Mundi

Round 14 - Kit Fisto

Round 15 - Anakin Skywalker

Round 16 - Mace Windu

Final Round - Yoda

Bonus Round: The entire council, including Kenobi, face off against bloodlusted RoTJ Vader and TRoS Dyad Sidious, can they win?

macattack1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A bit of a wonky order in my opinion, but stops at Anakin if Anakin has a clear head too.

Kaore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@macattack1: What do you think you'd change? I'm not heavily familiar with all the council members so I'd like to hear.

And yeah I should've specified but all of the council members are in their usual mindsets, and Anakin is lightside

PrimeJedi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By PrimeJedi

I'd honestly say he stops at Yoda, though it's 50/50 between him and Anakin. Anakin didn't have a clear head on Mustafar, but had much more power than light side Anakin and Obi-Wan fought him for an extended period of time

It's close between him and Windu too. Most would favor Windu, and i agree he's stronger in the force than Kenobi, but I think Kenobi could fend off all his attacks until he can deal a fatal blow. I'd even say Obi-Wan at the beginning of ROTS possibly loses, but Mustafar Kenobi wins 5.5 times out of 10

Edit: actually, i change my mind. Kenobi could still best Windu, he would lose to Anakin. His strength even in the beginning of ROTS is absolutely insane and was rapidly growing. Anakin would be weaker than Mustafar Vader, but wouldn't make a mistake like he did, so the fight would go way longer and he'd finally get through Obi-Wan's defenses

PrimeJedi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kaore: Also, can i ask why you put Mundi above Plo? I think on places like YouTube there's been WAY too much Plo Koon wank lately (just because he beat Yoda in one sparring session out of hundreds, some put him on Windu level or higher which is just idiotic), but I've always thought Plo and Kit Fisto were some of the most powerful side characters in the order

But I don't know much about Mundi so I'm curious; not disagreeing, it's just interesting to talk about

Kaore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@primejedi: I'm not entirely sure who I hold as the stronger combatant, but the couple things that swayed me towards putting Ki above was his quicker and more effective reaction to Order 66, and his outperformance of Anakin & Ahsoka in how many droids he destroyed in that one episode of TCW. Hardly solid reasoning but there's not a hell of a lot on Plo or Ki in canon to work with.

G_Race

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Stops at Anakin. Can pull out a win here and there, but Skywalker is too much.

No way he can meaningfully contend with Mace; too fast to skilled.

macattack1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kaore: personally I hold Kit below Plo and Ki-Adi, but that’s debatable. And maybe that’s more a legends thing. I’m also a little confused about some of the lower down ones, like why is Kcaj above those 5 people? He is literally featless unless I’m forgetting something. Same with Stass Alee, what has she done compared to, say, Adi Gallia who at least contended with notable opponents like Grievous and Savage.

SonOfDarkness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 SonOfDarkness  Online

Stops at Anakin

Avatar image for daddyprometheus
DaddyPrometheus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Anakin is the highest he can beat, he deffinetly loses to Windu.

Bonus Round: Council might overwhelm Vader, but don't stand a chance against Dyad Sheev.

reaperace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By reaperace  Moderator

Stops at Anakin who should be higher.

Vader and Sidious one-shot most, and dominate the rest.

Avatar image for deactivated-62b2e4dd5b51c
deactivated-62b2e4dd5b51c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Stops at Anakin. Dyad Sidious is too much for the bonus, although Vader likely goes down.

Lord_Tenebrous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's quite the intriguing topic as logically speaking, if the Jedi High Council is comprised of the Order's finest Masters, its newest entry would also be the least capable of the current members. Star Wars: Brotherhood touches on this when detailing how outclassed Obi-Wan Kenobi felt upon joining the Council during the Clone Wars.

Realistically, then, while we could give Master Kenobi the nodd over legendary Masters such as Agen Kolar, Stass Allie, and Coleman Kcaj, at the same time he would take a back seat -- literally as well as figuratively -- to Masters like Kit Fisto, Adi Gallia, Even Piell, Saesee Tiin, Eeth Koth, Coleman Trebor, Shaak Ti, Plo Koon, Depa Billaba, and Ki-Adi Mundi. This is, of course, setting aside Kenobi's most popularly accepted superiors (Yoda, Mace Windu, Anakin Skywalker). And those esteemed Masters who have been on the Council for centuries would rank preeminent: Yoda, Yaddle, Oppo Rancisis, Yarael Poof.

There's nothing wrong with that, I suppose. However, once we get into the nitty gritty details of their comparative accomplishments, in some cases exceptions appear. Kenobi, for one, is often painted as equal to Darth Vader, who in turn is credited with overcoming the renowned Master Cin Drallig -- the Coruscant Jedi Temple's chief of security, considered by many Jedi to be the Order's best swordsman, and stated to be more masterful in that field than Councilor Shaak Ti. Likewise, Mace Windu regarded Kit Fisto as an unparalleled lightsaber master.

You could argue that perhaps Kenobi's growth during the war managed to distinguish himself even among the Council's elite ranks. In the end, I wager Kenobi could prevail over a majority of the Council in single combat, but naturally, they're all very close matches. All of these Masters are peers, after all. Yoda and Mace Windu are the only members I could absolutely endorse for victory -- after them, the most likely to take out Kenobi would be Kit Fisto, whose accomplishments with Grievous and Darth Sidious are ambiguous in canon, but sports impressive accolades we've already mentioned, and Eeth Koth, who is considered one of the Council's best fighters, and outfought Darth Vader. Depa Billaba, possibly, comparing their performances against Grievous.

shroudofsorrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 70

#14  Edited By shroudofsorrow

Well, since its Disney Canon, and a lot of these Masters have way fewer feats and accolades in that continuity, I honestly think Obi-Wan gets as far as Anakin, which is indeed a fight that can go either way.

Also, Coleman Kcaj is way too high. He is completely featless in both Legends and in Disney.

wholewheat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

tcw eeth koth should above mundi and possibly above kit fisto

dark_globe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

mustafar kenobi stops at windu .
OWK post hole kenobi probably stops at yoda -
their duel would come down to sabers which yoda should win .

CryoLancer47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Stops at Anakin who should be higher.

Vader and Sidious one-shot most, and dominate the rest.

nassergrant19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#18  Edited By nassergrant19

Mustafar Kenobi stops at Anakin. OWK Kenobi clears but stops at Prime Vader/Sidious in the bonus round.

DarthManhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not sure how OWK Kenobi clears as people have said. I would think He makes it to Mace. Where I think that could almost go either way, with Mace taking it 6/10. No way Kenobi beats Yoda.

Bonus round: I would think that the Council could overwhelm the Vader and Sidious. As Dyad Sidious got beat by Rey and Ben. (Noobs) But Sidious should be able to take care of business in the end with fairly high amount of difficulty.