#1  Edited By the_wspanialy

Obi-Wan Kenobi and Kyle Katarn

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Darth Maul and Darth Malgus

No Caption Provided

Rules:

• In character but determined to win
  • Kenobi and Maul have the same amount of knowledge about each other as was depicted in TCW, Katarn has basic knowledge about others (from historical sources), Malgus has no knowledge
  • Standard equipment
  • Perfect cooperation
  • Victory by death
  • The fight(s) takes place on Arcann's ship (where he fought the Outlander at the end of Knights of the Fallen Empire)

Rounds:

Round 1: TCW Kenobi and Maul, NJO Katarn, Deceived Malgus - sabers and h2h only

Round 2: As above but all out

Round 3: RotS Kenobi, FotJ Katarn, SoD Maul and False Emperor Malgus - sabers and h2h only

Round 4: As above but all out

Music:

nfactor1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

1. Either way
  2. Either way
  3. Team 2 in a close fight
  4. Team 2 in a close fight
bigsambino87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By bigsambino87

Ooooh, nice.

This is actually tough. I think Katarn beats Malgus comfortably, but as of TCW, I think Maul is stronger than Kenobi. It isn't until ROTS that he is Maul's superior. I guess it depends on if Katarn can take out Malgus before Maul eventually defeats Kenobi. Then again, Kenobi could always go up against Malgus, and Katarn against Maul. That matchup would be the most likely to guarantee the Jedi team victory.

In the last two rounds, though, Malgus is significantly more powerful. I don't know how to rank him, but if he's anywhere near Caedus level, the Jedi team is in trouble.

kbroskywalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

I have no idea where to rate Katarn, Kenobi's da mvp tho.

Avatar image for deactivated-60fae469e992f
deactivated-60fae469e992f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have no idea where to rate Katarn

The best thing Katarn has going for him is this accolade by Luke.

He[Viun Gaalan] was good; Luke gave him that. He might have been a match for an expert swordsmaster such as Kyp or Kyle Katarn. He would have been too much for a comparatively diffident duelist such as Cilghal, or even Luke as he had been back at Sinkhole Station, at low ebb in physical and mental strength.

-Fate of the Jedi: Backlash

And this one by Caedus

Three Jedi Knights: the younger Horn, the Falleen Mithric, the Bothan Hu'lya. He resisted the urge to snort. Separately or collectively, these Jedi Knights were no match for him.

Katarn, though, was a threat.

-Legacy of the Force Fury

He does have some semi-respectable feats though

Avatar image for greysentinel365
Greysentinel365

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kenobi's the MvP but Katarns a weak link.

It depends a lot on how they work together.

Either way

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Either way

Please explain how Katarn is a weak link here.

Greysentinel365

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@decaf_wizard: I haven't seen anything from him to suggest he can match Kenobi or Maul in sabers or Malgis in force.

Wollf and I recently discussed this. We peg him around Ventress level.

Tenebrous_Way

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Team 2 takes all. Katarn is a significant weak link and Malgus is the mvp in both all out rounds.

Greysentinel365

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Greysentinel365

@decaf_wizard: If you wish to make a case for Katarn being above please feel free.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@decaf_wizard: If you wish to make a case for Katarn being above please feel free.

Eh. Im not really in the mood. I have two essays to right at the moment. Ventress level seems a bit low though, especially given Luke's satement in regards to his implied growth

If anything, Katarn never got enough feats as a Jedi Master

Avatar image for echostarlord117
echostarlord117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Round one could go either way. Round three would go to the Sith team.

Slayedigneel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Team 2 takes this, all out.

LordOfTheLight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Obi Wan is the MVP. Not sure on Katarn, but Ventress level is low, yeah.

Rounds one and two go to the Jedi, rounds 3 and 4 could go either way.

darthbane77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

1: Jedi
2: Sith
3: Sith
4: Malgus solos

slayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lordofthelight said:

the_wspanialy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ooooh, nice.

This is actually tough. I think Katarn beats Malgus comfortably, but as of TCW, I think Maul is stronger than Kenobi. It isn't until ROTS that he is Maul's superior. I guess it depends on if Katarn can take out Malgus before Maul eventually defeats Kenobi. Then again, Kenobi could always go up against Malgus, and Katarn against Maul. That matchup would be the most likely to guarantee the Jedi team victory.

In the last two rounds, though, Malgus is significantly more powerful. I don't know how to rank him, but if he's anywhere near Caedus level, the Jedi team is in trouble.

I don't know... as of TCW Maul is unquestionably more powerful Force wielder but saberwise I would say they're either equals or Kenobi is slightly better. He took Maul and Opress simultaneously and was winning, forcing Maul to resort to his power in the Force. I'm aware that there were certain circumstances at play but it still very good accomplishment.

Assuming Kenobi goes for Malgus, how Katarn would perform against Maul in your opinion?

I'm not sure what Caedus have to do with this. He beat Kyle sure, but he neither outfence nor overpower him. His use of the speeder is more of an example of Caedus's quick thinking and situational awareness rather than overwhelming power in the Force.

Regardless nah, Malgus certainly isn't even approaching Caedus's level. Personaly, I wouldn't put him even on par with Vader.

Also, bump.

bigsambino87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bigsambino87 said:

Ooooh, nice.

I don't know... as of TCW Maul is unquestionably more powerful Force wielder but saberwise I would say they're either equals or Kenobi is slightly better. He took Maul and Opress simultaneously and was winning, forcing Maul to resort to his power in the Force. I'm aware that there were certain circumstances at play but it still very good accomplishment.

Assuming Kenobi goes for Malgus, how Katarn would perform against Maul in your opinion?

I'm not sure what Caedus have to do with this. He beat Kyle sure, but he neither outfence nor overpower him. His use of the speeder is more of an example of Caedus's quick thinking and situational awareness rather than overwhelming power in the Force.

Regardless nah, Malgus certainly isn't even approaching Caedus's level. Personaly, I wouldn't put him even on par with Vader.

Also, bump.

I reference Caedus, because Caedus was able to defeat Katarn, while surrounded. Granted, he only viewed Kyle as a threat, but I believe that Caedus would have had his number, even at the end of the day. Basically, trying to scale FE Malgus off of someone that Kyle lost against. If FE Malgus is near Caedus level, Kyle may have issues, but then, he beat Jerec, someone that was touted to be Vader level, IIRC.

Should Katarn face Maul, I think it would be quite similar to the fight that Maul had against Qui-Gon Jinn, although this time he's facing a slightly younger, more durable version that is also stronger in the Force and able to tap into the dark side of the Force without being tainted by it. Maul should lose against Katarn.

kbroskywalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have no idea where to rate Katarn, Kenobi's da mvp tho.

ooh, wait, this is TCW Kenobi?

BioDynamicApe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Unless Katarn is supreme, it looks like team 1 is getting their shitted pushed in pretty hard.

LordOfTheLight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Still this, lol.

kbroskywalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Still this, lol.

@lordofthelight said:

I thought you had TCW Maul and Kenobi as equals?

Greysentinel365

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Still.

Either way

Have yet to see a case for Katarn.