• 62 results
#1 Edited by WollfMyth209 (13278 posts) - - Show Bio
No Caption Provided

Rules

• Healed and restored to full power after every round
  • Standard morals
  • Standard equipment
  • Battle takes place in an indestructable limbo universe
  • Everyone in their primes(not including extra equipment, or amps) unless stated otherwise

Gauntlet

Round 1 -- God Emperor of Mankind

No Caption Provided

Round 2 -- The Father of Mortis

No Caption Provided

Round 3 -- Odin

No Caption Provided

Round 4 -- Trigon(Composite)

No Caption Provided

Round 5 -- Shuma-Gorath

No Caption Provided

Round 6 -- The Spectre(Jim Corrigan; Pre and Post Crisis feats only)

No Caption Provided

Round 7 -- The Living Tribunal

No Caption Provided

Boss: Michael Rosen

No Caption Provided

#2 Posted by Emperor339 (2488 posts) - - Show Bio

Michael Rosen is so powerful he transcends normal gauntlet rules and beats all the rounds for him and Nyarlathotep himself.

#3 Posted by WollfMyth209 (13278 posts) - - Show Bio

Michael Rosen is so powerful he transcends normal gauntlet rules and beats all the rounds for him and Nyarlathotep himself.

Other than obviously Rosen, where does Nyar stop?

#4 Posted by Conner_Wolf (6371 posts) - - Show Bio

@wollfmyth209: Is the Emperor in the Warp or no?

And it's kinda impossible to measure feats for lovecraft, because there's no viable scale of comparison, that's the point of lovecraft. These are beings who don't destroy planets as far as we know, but have powers infinitely beyond our comprehension, which are diametrically opposed in nature.

Though he definitely stops at The Living Tribunal, the only thing that ever messed him him was a being who treats a multiverse like an Elder God in the Cthulu mythos treats a universe.

#5 Posted by Emperor339 (2488 posts) - - Show Bio
#7 Posted by WollfMyth209 (13278 posts) - - Show Bio
#8 Edited by Conner_Wolf (6371 posts) - - Show Bio
#9 Posted by Silverrings (5452 posts) - - Show Bio

Feats for Nyarlathotep?

#10 Posted by WollfMyth209 (13278 posts) - - Show Bio
#11 Posted by Conner_Wolf (6371 posts) - - Show Bio

@wollfmyth209: How does any of what I read make him multiversal level?

#12 Posted by WollfMyth209 (13278 posts) - - Show Bio

@conner_wolf: In the RT? Nothing really. Though like I said it's incomplete.

#13 Posted by Conner_Wolf (6371 posts) - - Show Bio

@wollfmyth209: I am generally aware that Elder Gods tend to exist outside our plane of existence, but that doesn't really make them multiversal, if that's what you're referencing.

#14 Posted by josephgomes619 (3782 posts) - - Show Bio

Any feats for Nyarlathotep? The respect thread was very unimpressive

#15 Posted by Conner_Wolf (6371 posts) - - Show Bio

@josephgomes619: Generally Lovecraftian deities have no feats because they suffer from "The only thing comparable are other Elder Gods, and they don't really do much."

#16 Edited by cooljammy18 (2042 posts) - - Show Bio

Honestly, from what I've read, a majority of the hype surrounding Lovecraftian deities is based off of hyperbole and nuanced descriptions. You're hard pressed to find actual feats to properly gauge their power.

I don't know where he stops in this gauntlet.

#17 Posted by Conner_Wolf (6371 posts) - - Show Bio

@cooljammy18: And honestly ComicVine likes to play everything off as hyperbole. No direct showing? Hyperbole. Showing in some kind of weird warped reality? Doesn't count. Something something something doesn't count.

#18 Posted by cooljammy18 (2042 posts) - - Show Bio

@conner_wolf: Ok? So, are you going to make a case or did you just wanted to vent? :p

#19 Posted by decaf_wizard (14713 posts) - - Show Bio

Honestly, from what I've read, a majority of the hype surrounding Lovecraftian deities is based off of hyperbole and nuanced descriptions. You're hard pressed to find actual feats to properly gauge their power.

I don't know where he stops in this gauntlet.

Some of them have good feats. The others are just hype.

#20 Posted by cooljammy18 (2042 posts) - - Show Bio
#21 Posted by Conner_Wolf (6371 posts) - - Show Bio

@decaf_wizard: Perhaps, but they are hyped to that level for a reason.

@cooljammy18: Mostly vent about how dumb I think that mental stance is

#22 Posted by reikai (7068 posts) - - Show Bio

Nya is an Outer God. Nya steamrolls without even noticing that it was even being challenged.

#23 Posted by cooljammy18 (2042 posts) - - Show Bio
#24 Posted by WastelandMan (8665 posts) - - Show Bio

Nyarlathotep is practically featless at least in the main mythos.

#25 Posted by Conner_Wolf (6371 posts) - - Show Bio
#26 Edited by cooljammy18 (2042 posts) - - Show Bio

@conner_wolf: Awwww

Also, you seem to be against the notion of Nya clearing....but at the same defending the Elder Gods based off of your words. I'm not sure if you're playing devil's advocate, but I'd like to know where you actually stand on this topic.

#27 Edited by Conner_Wolf (6371 posts) - - Show Bio

@cooljammy18: I just feel that characters like the Elder Gods in Lovecraftian stories are put at a stupidly high disadvantage on ComicVine, they aren't taken seriously because they have no blatant feats and people refuse to take anything at face value and they refuse Occam's Razor in any regard.

However I believe the Elder Gods are powerful, I also don't believe they are the nigh-omnipotent beings that people present them as. I believe that if they were put at any level, they would be at high Elder God level, definitely a couple leagues above Odin level due to their ability to rip open and seal off time and space in such a similar way, as well as their view of the universe, capable of brushing it aside to destroy it.

#28 Posted by cooljammy18 (2042 posts) - - Show Bio

@conner_wolf: I understand where you're coming from. That's exactly how I feel when it comes to the Elder Scrolls series being used in battles on this site. I've read quite a bit of Lovecraft a few years ago, so that's what I meant about the hyperbole based off the readings and people hyping them up.

As far as this thread is concerned, I still don't know where Nya stops here.

#29 Posted by Conner_Wolf (6371 posts) - - Show Bio

@cooljammy18: I feel like where he ends depends on how you interpret Odin, either universal-multiversal or as galaxy-level. If he's the former then he could stop at Odin, if the latter, he could get to Spectre, then potentially stop. Don't know enough about Shuma Gorath or Trigon.

#30 Posted by Silverrings (5452 posts) - - Show Bio

@wollfmyth209: There's some impressive stuff there, but as others have stated, a lot of his power is hard to gauge. The least that can be said about him is that he's got quite a wide range of abilities and seems more telepathically gifted than physically powerful. That's what I got from that thread, anyway. I doubt he could beat the Tribunal but I suppose guys like Odin, the God Emperor, etc, are more debateable. They have far more impressive combat feats, but Nyarly does seem to have some pretty high-end reality-wrecking capabilities, so I don't wanna underestimate a character I don't know much about at all.

#31 Posted by WollfMyth209 (13278 posts) - - Show Bio

@conner_wolf: @silverrings: My main reason for believing Nyar to be multiversal is because even his footsoldiers, the hunting horrors, have endured/caused the deaths of universes. However, those guys are fodder to Nodens who reduced them to dust with a single blast and Nyarlathotep stomped Nodens.

And then there's Nyar and Yog-Sothoth share a similar status and are in the same tier within the cosmic hierarchy, and Yog-Sothoth just speaking creates shockwaves that rival several universes slamming into one-another; or Nyarlathotep embodying the darkness outside the Multiverse so his soul can keep Azathoth asleep, said darkness being larger than the Multiverse which has "infinite universes".

#32 Posted by Conner_Wolf (6371 posts) - - Show Bio

@wollfmyth209: Makes sense, they sound like they would be a match for beings like the Celestials, who split the universe into a multiverse with nothing, but their will.

Avatar image for andreysemyonov1337
#33 Posted by AndreySemyonov1337 (1202 posts) - - Show Bio

Clears

One feat for the Cthulhu Mythos you can bust out when people say they are featless.

"Off that vast hippocephalic abomination leaped the doomed and desperate dreamer, and down through endless voids of sentient blackness he fell. Aeons reeled, universes died and were born again, stars became nebulae and nebulae became stars, and still Randolph Carter fell through those endless voids of sentient blackness.

Then in the slow creeping course of eternity the utmost cycle of the cosmos churned itself into another futile completion, and all things became again as they were unreckoned kalpas before. Matter and light were born anew as space once had known them; and comets, suns, and worlds sprang flaming into life, though nothing survived to tell that they had been and gone, been and gone, always and always, back to no first beginning. And there was a firmament again, and a wind, and a glare of purple light in the eyes of the falling dreamer. There were gods and presences and wills; beauty and evil, and the shrieking of noxious night robbed of its prey. For through the unknown ultimate cycle had lived a thought and a vision of a dreamer’s boyhood, and now there were re-made a waking world and an old cherished city to body and to justify these things. Out of the void S’ngac the violet gas had pointed the way, and archaic Nodens was bellowing his guidance from unhinted deeps. Stars swelled to dawns, and dawns burst into fountains of gold, carmine, and purple, and still the dreamer fell. Cries rent the aether as ribbons of light beat back the fiends from outside. And hoary Nodens raised a howl of triumph when Nyarlathotep, close on his quarry, stopped baffled by a glare that seared his formless hunting-horrors to grey dust. Randolph Carter had indeed descended at last the wide marmoreal flights to his marvellous city, for he was come again to the fair New England world that had wrought him."

Basically the Hunting Horrors tank the destruction and creation of an infinite amount of universes, and Elder God Nodens casually one-shotted them all.

The Hunting Horrors being able to tank the destruction and creation of infinite universes would make their durability multiverse +. Nodens casually one-shotting them would make his DC multiverse +++. And Nodens is only on par with Nyarlathotep who is one of the weakest Outer Gods, and there is an infinite amount of Outer Gods with most, if not all of them being heavily implied to be far greater than Nyarlathotep, and Yog-Sothoth is the embodiment of ALL the Outer Gods and the ultimate void itself which is beyond all creation, and the Nameless Mist created Yog-Sothoth and was in turn created by Azathoth.

Even if you take the concept of higher dimensions out of the game, the Outer Gods would still stomp comic top tiers like Beyonder, MM and LT who have at best multiverse + feats. Yog-Sothoth is leaps and bounds above everyone in the Cthulhu Mythos barring the Nameless Mist, Unnamed Darkness, and Azathoth, so even without bringing dimensions into debates, Marvel and DC top tiers still get wrecked. There is simply no way for them to beat verses with characters who have either high end conceptual hax or are infinitely multiversal in scope with some characters who are leagues above said characters.

Avatar image for wolverinebatmanftw
#34 Posted by WolverineBatmanFTW (710 posts) - - Show Bio

Nyarlethotep clears. He known as the most physically powerful being in any universe. Though Azathoth is the ultimate deity and could blink us all out of existence, in terms of pure, physical power Nyarlethotep dominates all.

#35 Posted by SwagPack (1179 posts) - - Show Bio

Ah, Nyarla, whose weakest Avatars transcend the concepts of dimension. It clears with no effort.

#36 Posted by Itachus17 (2155 posts) - - Show Bio
Avatar image for lordshepherd123
#37 Posted by LORDSHEPHERD123 (350 posts) - - Show Bio

Might clear

Avatar image for corvasiusattano
#38 Edited by CorvasiusAttano (117 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm a big nyarlathotep fanboy. I love that dude. I really want him to clear but Im gonna read up on some other guys first.

I know he beats shuma pretty easily but others like god emperor....its hard to say..

First impressions though, he definitely stops at living tribunal as he is the embodiment of everything in marvel including beings like infinity and eternity. The guy apparently has also managed to seal or beat pre retcon beyonder who I honestly think can beat Nya. He is a better match for yog, not nya.

Edit: did a small amount of reading on other characters. Not super in depth but still. From what I say, nya still wins most of em. Existing beyond archetypal infinity, space, dimensions, and him being able to send most of these guys to the realm of azzy where nothing exists makes him pretty guaranteed most of his wins. I still say he stops at either Living tribunal or specter...most likely LT. In willing to see others say other wise.

#39 Posted by cosmic_reign (2316 posts) - - Show Bio

Stops at Shuma Gorath

#40 Edited by CorvasiusAttano (117 posts) - - Show Bio

@cosmic_reign: No way. Nya bfr's him like siege nes did to him and shuma goes mad from looking at what lies beyond everything just like hypnos.

#41 Posted by JwwProd (20238 posts) - - Show Bio

Stops at LT.

#42 Edited by cosmic_reign (2316 posts) - - Show Bio

@corvasiusattano said:

@cosmic_reign: No way. Nya bfr's him like siege nes did to him and shuma goes mad from looking at what lies beyond everything just like hypnos.

Possibly!!

The Mythos Outer Gods have been referred to as the Many Angled Ones in Marvel. IIRC, SG was said to be a ruler, but they could all be around the same level.

No Caption Provided

I also don't think Yot Soter(Yog Sothoth) and Kthl(Cthulhu) should have been mentioned in the same dialogue as I think Yog is many times beyond Cthulhu.

IMO, Nya is pretty much just a servant to Azathoth, and has a hall pass to lesser realms, whereas the other Outer Gods couldn't care less about what happens in lesser realms.

However, I'm not the most well versed on all Nyas feats and context in Lovecraft/Mythos.

#43 Edited by CorvasiusAttano (117 posts) - - Show Bio

@cosmic_reign: WHOA what comic is that? Did marvel use the lovecraft gods in an arc? Cause I know shuma was created by Rob E Howard who made conan the barbarian and was friends with lovecraft so that's pretty cool actually.

You're right about yog being above cthulhu. He is way more powerful than him.

And yes nya is literally the servant of the outer gods which includes yog and azzy. He is also their soul and direct dissendant of azathoth.

As for nya's feats, here is his minions tanking endless universes exploding and reforming before nodens kills them all with an attack even more powerful than endless universes being destroyed and reformed and nya is not even hurt after the attack, just a little cranky.

Stars swelled to dawns, and dawns burst into fountains of gold, carmine, and purple, and still the dreamer fell. Cries rent the aether as ribbons of light beat back the fiends from outside. And hoary Nodens raised a howl of triumph when Nyarlathotep, close on his quarry, stopped baffled by a glare that seared his formless hunting-horrors to grey dust. Randolph Carter had indeed descended at last the wide marmoreal flights to his marvellous city, for he was come again to the fair New England world that had wrought him.

So to the organ chords of morning’s myriad whistles, and dawn’s blaze thrown dazzling through purple panes by the great gold dome of the State House on the hill, Randolph Carter leaped shoutingly awake within his Boston room. Birds sang in hidden gardens and the perfume of trellised vines came wistful from arbours his grandfather had reared. Beauty and light glowed from classic mantel and carven cornice and walls grotesquely figured, while a sleek black cat rose yawning from hearthside sleep that his master’s start and shriek had disturbed. And vast infinities away, past the Gate of Deeper Slumber and the enchanted wood and the garden lands and the Cerenerian Sea and the twilight reaches of Inganok, the crawling chaos Nyarlathotep strode brooding into the onyx castle atop unknown Kadath in the cold waste, and taunted insolently the mild gods of earth whom he had snatched abruptly from their scented revels in the marvellous sunset city." - The Dream-Quest of Unknown Kadath

Here he is taking someone beyond time, space, infinity, and overall reality to the black throne of azathoth (if you don't know, azzy dreamt reality. Meaning everything that exist, space, dimensions, concepts of death, destruction, power, all of it is his dream. Nya is capable of escaping the dream)

Out in the mindless void the daemon bore me,

Past the bright clusters of dimensioned space,

Till neither time nor matter stretched before me,

But only Chaos, without form or place.

Here the vast Lord of All in darkness muttered

Things he had dreamed but could not understand,

While near him shapeless bat-things flopped and fluttered

In idiot vortices that ray-streams fanned.

They danced insanely to the high, thin whining

Of a cracked flute clutched in a monstrous paw,

Whence flow the aimless waves whose chance combining

Gives each frail cosmos its eternal law.

'I am His Messenger,' the daemon said,

As in contempt he struck his Master’s head." - Fungi From Yuggoth

One thing to note is that hypnos, a god who is the embodiment of dreams, is beyond space and time, and capable of going beyond everything, went too far and caught a glimpse of the outer gods and went completely insane with horror. However I haven't read the story so I can't really post a quote and since it's one of lovecraft's more obscure stories no-one talks much about it. I got this info from hypnos's vs battle wiki page and Wikipedia. So I'll just post both here

Hypnos" is a first-person narrative, written from the perspective of an unnamed character living in Kent and later London, England. The narrator writes that he fears sleep, and is resolved to write his story down lest it drive him further mad, regardless of what people think after reading it.

The narrator, a sculptor, recounts meeting a mysterious man in a railway station. The moment the man opened his "immense, sunken, and widely luminous eyes", the narrator knew that the stranger would become his friend-–"the only friend of one who had never possessed a friend before." In the eyes of the stranger, he witnessed important knowledge of the mysteries he always sought to learn.

From this point on, he would touch his friend and sculpt him daily. At night they would commence their adventures, exploring worlds beyond human comprehension. Over time, the narrator's companion begins speaking of using their ability to transcend into the unknown to rule the universe, via a set of drugs, a thought that scares the narrator (who disavows to the reader any such hubris).

Soon the narrator is off on a foray with his friend, travelling through a void that he explains is beyond human sensation. Passing through several barriers, eventually the narrator comes to one he cannot cross, though his friend does. Opening his "physical eyes", the narrator wakes up and awaits the return of his friend, who awakes severely shaken and reticent, warning only that they must avoid sleep at all cost.

From then on, with the aid of drugs, the two avoid sleep, as each time they succumb, they both seem to rapidly age and are plagued by nightmares that the narrator refuses to explain. The story ends with the narrator explaining that one night, his friend fell into a "deep-breathing sleep" and was impossible to arouse. The narrator shrieks, faints, and awakes surrounded by police and neighbours, who inform him he has never had a friend—all there is in the room is a statue of his friend, engraved with the Greek word: ΥΠΝΟΣ (Hypnos).-wikipedia

Embodies Dreams themselves, which exists in realities far beyond all human concepts and understanding of time, space and matter. Easily capable of existing in, and comprehending the nature of realms far beyond Dimensional Space, and ascending to even more transcendent realms beyond that, on his own. Traversed past the Gate, though what he saw beyond it drew Hypnos to complete insanity and horror)-Vs battle wiki

The way I see it, I think shuma gets bfr'd to azzy. He actually has a weakness to that too cause he needs to be in his realm or something and siege neg I think his name was? He did that to shuma once and pretty much won. Not to mention we've never seen nya at his most powerful form. He only appears as different avatars that are much weaker.

I am also excluding his feats in the comic book fall of cthulhu because even though lovecraft's work is public domain, I generally like to stick with the original works as being the only canon. In the comics, nya is WAAAAY too op. Able to reality warp, mess up this one lady so bad that beezlebub couldn't even look at her, he owns nodens like 3 times, etc. The OP of this thread has all the scans in his nya respect thread I'd suggest going there for scans cause my phone won't let me post pics.

#44 Edited by cosmic_reign (2316 posts) - - Show Bio

This happened in Thanos Imperative.

IMO, Nodens is an iteration or incarnation of Poseidon. Poseidon/Neptune was able to banish an Elder God in Marvel as well.

I think Sise Neg simply banished SG back to his home dimension.

SG and the Many Angled Ones exists in Exo-Space which IMO is equivalent or the same as where the Outer Gods exist.

I'm sure it's debatable, but i think Nya stalemates or loses to Shuma Gorath.

#45 Edited by CorvasiusAttano (117 posts) - - Show Bio

@cosmic_reign: Is there confirmation of nodens being a reincarnation to Poseidon? Cause that's nowwhere to be seen in lovecraft's writings that I am aware of. And regarding exo space, it depends on what outer god because something like azathoth lives in the center of infinty and yoggy encompasses infinite spatial dimensions and transcends all of them and the "dizzy and reachless heights of archetypal infinity"

I read the scan of sise banishing shuma and he just says he banished him to a different dimension but I didn't read the entire comic book so maybe there is something there.

I'm still betting on nya here due to his ability to go to and send others to places where even other gods can't go without going insane, and his avatars that are weaker than him still transcend infinite dimensions.

Avatar image for mylittlefascist
#46 Posted by MyLittleFascist (26761 posts) - - Show Bio

By hype/status, original mythos Nyarlathotep is basically an evil Living Tribunal. He doesn't really have enough showings to actually make a battle around though. IMO.

#47 Edited by cosmic_reign (2316 posts) - - Show Bio

@corvasiusattano said:

@cosmic_reign: Is there confirmation of nodens being a reincarnation to Poseidon? Cause that's nowwhere to be seen in lovecraft's writings that I am aware of. And regarding exo space, it depends on what outer god because something like azathoth lives in the center of infinty and yoggy encompasses infinite spatial dimensions and transcends all of them and the "dizzy and reachless heights of archetypal infinity"

I read the scan of sise banishing shuma and he just says he banished him to a different dimension but I didn't read the entire comic book so maybe there is something there.

I'm still betting on nya here due to his ability to go to and send others to places where even other gods can't go without going insane, and his avatars that are weaker than him still transcend infinite dimensions.

No confirmation that I'm aware of other than similar looks, power(water), and similar feats.

Exo-Space is space/dimension at the furthest reaches of things, and where predatory concepts exists...

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

So it's understandable that beings that exist there can transcend normal space.

Shuma Gorath has similar feats as well...IIRC, Dr. Strange was literally dying just being near SG or in his realm.

At least in Marvel, Shuma Gorath is in league with the likes of Yog, Nya and other Lovecraftian Outer Gods.

#48 Edited by CorvasiusAttano (117 posts) - - Show Bio

@cosmic_reign: i don't think shuma is close to sothoth. Even nya isn't even close to him. Sothoth encompasses everything. He is second only to azathoth.

And can you show a scan of that Dr strange thing? I know that shuma can burn galaxies with aura pressure alone but that will probably not have a big effect on nya since he is not only beyond infinite dimensional, but also survived the explosions and reforming of countless universes.

EDIT: These OP fights are confusing sometimes😖. Shuma is still impressive but what's his answer to BFR to the throne of azathoth where nothing exists? Powers, death, destruction, etc. Assuming he won't go crazy by seeing azathoth or what lies beyond just like hypnos did. He was a god who is beyond space, time and dimensions.

EDIT 2: Nya doesn't have as many feats which is why I'm sort of repeating myself. However, I believe the feats he does have are pretty powerful. Of course I'm excluding some of the comics.

#49 Edited by CorvasiusAttano (117 posts) - - Show Bio

@zetsumoto: it's more of the scale of the things he does. So he has few feats but they're pretty good feats i think.

I don't think he's like LT though. Lt can stomp nya in my opinion

Avatar image for mylittlefascist
#50 Posted by MyLittleFascist (26761 posts) - - Show Bio

@corvasiusattano:

EDIT: These OP fights are confusing sometimes😖. Shuma is still impressive but what's his answer to BFR to the throne of azathoth where nothing exists? Powers, death, destruction, etc. Assuming he won't go crazy by seeing azathoth or what lies beyond just like hypnos did. He was a god who is beyond space, time and dimensions.

Surviving "outside of existence" isn't particularly impressive on this tier. There's no reason Shuma Gorath would go crazy, he's a cosmic entity obviously based on Lovecraft mythos.