Númenor (The Lord of the Rings) in Warhammer Fantasy

ParagonNate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

The island nation of Númenor at it's peak before it's corruption at the hands of Sauron is transported into the Warhammer Fantasy world, placed south of Ulthuan. What happens?

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for deactivated-5dace575ce059
deactivated-5dace575ce059

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

How far south? like the lower part of Lustria/Southlands south or right below Ulthuan south?

Avatar image for fullmetalemprah
FullMetalEmprah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They should be fine honestly. They'd more than likely end up allying with the Empire, High Elves, Dwarfs etc. The only real threat would be something like a massive Chaos invasion or the Skaven attacking en masse, but since they're right under Ulthuan they would get reinforcements rather quickly.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fullmetalemprah: If they're right under ulthuan theyre gonna deal with Dark Elves as well and Norscan raids i think. If their island floats like Ulthuan they wont have to worry about a skaven invasion for the most part as the skaven will be trying to dig under it, but with no success for well... obvious reasons

Avatar image for deactivated-60fae469e992f
deactivated-60fae469e992f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They should be fine mostly, so long as they make the correct allies, and would end up a relatively powerful human seafaring Kingdom. If anything they would get even more prosperous due to a lot of trading oppertunities

They should be powerful enough to deal with the average Norscan raiders fairly easily

MErulezall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They should be fine mostly, so long as they make the correct allies, and would end up a relatively powerful human seafaring Kingdom. If anything they would get even more prosperous due to a lot of trading oppertunities

They should be powerful enough to deal with the average Norscan raiders fairly easily

FullMetalEmprah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@killerwasp: Yeah but other human kingdoms like the Empire and Bretonnia already have to deal with that and they're fine for the most part. And as Decaf said Norscan raider wouldn't get far into Numenor at all.

Also it's true Skaven invading Numenor is highly unlikely, so is a massive Chaos incursion for that matter. It would just take something on that scale to really threaten them, especially since they'd make powerful allies pretty quickly.

ParagonNate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

How far south? like the lower part of Lustria/Southlands south or right below Ulthuan south?

To the left of the peninsula bit of khemri, so closer to lustria than ulthuan, but definitely within easy sailing distance to most of the major landmasses.

They should be fine honestly. They'd more than likely end up allying with the Empire, High Elves, Dwarfs etc. The only real threat would be something like a massive Chaos invasion or the Skaven attacking en masse, but since they're right under Ulthuan they would get reinforcements rather quickly.

What about magic?

With their love of sailing, and no longer being forbidden from sailing West bu Eru, I'd see them quickly exploring and mapping/colonizing as much as they could. I honestly don't see how they don't become the human naval power tbh. They were already great enough sailors to rival the (Tolkien) Elves.

Although, I do feel bad for the Norscan raiders that try to raid Númenor, many of the kings of Númenor were proud, and I'd doubt they'd take such a slight lightly.

FullMetalEmprah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By FullMetalEmprah

@paragonnate: Like I said, they'll likely befriend at the very least the Empire and Bretonnia, likely the High Elves also. If anything they should be able to use it as well. If we assume they can't it's a big issue for them, but they can always have their allies lend a few wizards if really needed.

ParagonNate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

bump

ParagonNate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fullmetalemprah: I'd say they can learn how to use Warhammer magic, if anyone is willing to teach them that is. They'd likely be better at it than normal humans as well, being more than mere mortal men after all. Plus they could likely trade their own knowledge of Tolkien verse crafting and materials. Nigh unbreakable fortifications like Orthanc tower and Minas Tirith's outermost wall? Yes please. I can think of a few factions that would gladly learn how to make things like that.

IPvMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They would fit nicely in the verse in terms of power level. Politics could go any which way but they'd be an Order faction ultimately.

FullMetalEmprah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@paragonnate: So essentially like the Nehekharans were? Yeah I could see that honestly. But in terms of trade the other human kingdoms stand to gain the most out it, with the least being the Dwarfs since they already have pretty much everything the Numenorians could offer already.

That being said they'd still benefit as well, because that means they'd get access to gunpowder weapons which would be of great use to them.

ParagonNate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By ParagonNate

@fullmetalemprah said:

@paragonnate: So essentially like the Nehekharans were? Yeah I could see that honestly. But in terms of trade the other human kingdoms stand to gain the most out it, with the least being the Dwarfs since they already have pretty much everything the Numenorians could offer already.

That being said they'd still benefit as well, because that means they'd get access to gunpowder weapons which would be of great use to them.

Were Nehekharans superhuman? I'm not well read on them tbh

FullMetalEmprah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By FullMetalEmprah

@paragonnate: The average Nehekharan wasn't heavily superhuman but they were better than other humans at pretty much everything. And in terms of magic their feats are for the most part superior to anything Imperial mages are capable of doing. So yeah they were kinda similar to Numenoreans, in terms of being better than normal human kingdoms. That and they also do not take slights lightly at all, ironically just ask the Norscans that.

ParagonNate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump

ParagonNate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump

ParagonNate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@paragonnate: The average Nehekharan wasn't heavily superhuman but they were better than other humans at pretty much everything. And in terms of magic their feats are for the most part superior to anything Imperial mages are capable of doing. So yeah they were kinda similar to Numenoreans, in terms of being better than normal human kingdoms. That and they also do not take slights lightly at all, ironically just ask the Norscans that.

I mean, a warhost of Numenor was terrible enough that Sauron's army and supporters broke and fled from them without even engaging in battle. They even made Sauron kneel before their king.

Sauron being forced to bend the knee
Sauron being forced to bend the knee

ParagonNate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

bump

ParagonNate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump

FullMetalEmprah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By FullMetalEmprah

@paragonnate: Yeah the Nehekharans would have probably been able to do that in their prime, they conquered a good portion of the world and only really stopped because Settra eventually died and the whole succession thing grew more and more complicated. Only the Elves, Dwarfs, and Lizardmen were superior to them. It would probably end the same though due to Sauron being great at corrupting the likes of Numenor.

All that being said the Tomb Kings wouldn't really bother them unless they steal some treasure or something, in which case that will trigger a massive war and won't stop until they slaughter Numenor or recover every single stolen piece of gold, whichever comes first. I say this because they actually did that lol.

Vortex1456789

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ParagonNate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump

ParagonNate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@paragonnate: Yo. They do fine. Good tech, great soldiers. Floating island means Skaven won't be an issue, and the only thing they have to deal with are the occasional raids from marauders and dark elves, but neither are all that nasty or dangerous on their own especially since being so close to Ulthuan means they will be included in the patrols of the Asur navy, and their own ships, so they would be one of the safest places to be.

Paytience

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They fall to chaos.

Avatar image for deactivated-5cc9f423d4bb9
deactivated-5cc9f423d4bb9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

FullMetalEmprah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I still think they'd be fine, they'd actually fit in pretty well.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fullmetalemprah said:

@killerwasp: Yeah but other human kingdoms like the Empire and Bretonnia already have to deal with that and they're fine for the most part. And as Decaf said Norscan raider wouldn't get far into Numenor at all.

Also it's true Skaven invading Numenor is highly unlikely, so is a massive Chaos incursion for that matter. It would just take something on that scale to really threaten them, especially since they'd make powerful allies pretty quickly.

They've already dealt with them because they are much larger than Numenor, and pulled off impossible wins. I don't think the avg skaven invasion is going to do much, but it can be timed right while they invade, Dark elves and norscans are also invading. This is ofc the worst case situation, but it could be possible, but their island floats so they never really have to worry about the skaven

agreed for sure

FullMetalEmprah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By FullMetalEmprah

@killerwasp: Yes but Numenor has the advantage of having an extremely good navy as well as great fortifications. Due to this their close proximity to Ulthuan could actually be seen as an advantage here, since the Dark Elves(well, most of them anyway) will likely see it as a place to avoid since the risk of being intercepted by the both of them is so high.

A large invasion is definitely a problem, but raids? Not so much I'd say.

SWA2point0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By SWA2point0

@fullmetalemprah: I've heard their infantry is very good, but how good would you rate their infantry?

FullMetalEmprah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By FullMetalEmprah

@swa2point0: The Numenoreans do indeed have good infantry, basically they're Gondor on steroids. They have excellent equipment and discipline, I'd rate them around Nehekharan infantry in their prime if not a bit better(not including guys like the infantry from Ka-Sabar). They were good enough to intimidate Sauron's minions to break rather than fight.

SWA2point0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fullmetalemprah: I thought so, because I do recall the Dark version of them being very terrifying for other human nations as they tended to live longer and be far more skilled. IIRC Aragon was a Numenorean wasn't he?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fullmetalemprah said:

@killerwasp: Yes but Numenor has the advantage of having an extremely good navy as well as great fortifications. Due to this their close proximity to Ulthuan could actually be seen as an advantage here, since the Dark Elves(well, most of them anyway) will likely see it as a place to avoid since the risk of being intercepted by the both of them is so high.

A large invasion is definitely a problem, but raids? Not so much I'd say.

I'm just saying timing could end them is all XD

FullMetalEmprah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@swa2point0: He's a descendant of the earlier Numenoreans so yes he technically is.

@killerwasp: Lol yeah that's true!