• 104 results
Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Pokergeist

The Novel Versions (and EU applies) of Emperor Palpatine, Pennywise the Clown, Lord Voldemort, and Sauron with Ring.

Darkseid and Thanos

No Caption Provided
  • All Novel Characters powers will work fully.
  • All are in character
  • Comic Team have 1 Week Prep
  • Start 500 feet apart.
  • Anything goes
  • No BFR
  • All are Geared with as Shown! (No IG for Thanos)
Rumble Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By Rumble Man

How do they canonicaly fare against omega beamz?

The_Imperator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By The_Imperator

Pennywise is the only one that is a danger. What version of Darkseid is this? Normal, w/ ALE, GDS, nu52, which?

juiceboks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By juiceboks  Moderator

Dont know that much about Pennywise but the rest dont have the feats to put them on DS and Thanos level. Palpatine would probably be the closest.

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Pokergeist

@Rumble Man: Depends on BFR. I seen OBs BFR Batman into the past if I remember right. They also fail on Superman. New 52 Darkseid if he has appeared yet.

The_Imperator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By The_Imperator

@CadenceV2: Omega Beams work on Superman in the nu52. They were faster and took him out in one hit. Pre-nu52, they worked on him, except for when he was a Superman villain. So it was really PIS, but whatever. The Omega Beams erase from the universe, or BFR you. And since Darkseid used them to destroy Desaad, and Desaad was the god that was inside Mary Marvel and powering her during FC, that puts the durability of surviving the OBs way above anyone here except possibly Sauron and Pennywise.

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Pokergeist

bump

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6746eab553d
deactivated-5d6746eab553d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Darkseid and Thanos

JuliusTakalua

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Palpatine>>>Sauron>/Voldemort>Pennywise

DS>/Thanos>>Palpatine

DS+Thanos vs palpy+Sauron+Voldy+Penny = DS and Thanos curbstomping. Why? because DS and Thanos are gods/eternals

Palpatine has the force and Sauron has the ring but DS can use OB for many other things other than BFRing and other powers mentioned above. OB and OE can be used as powerful blasts of energy or force. They hurt or nearly killed Superman if I am correct. Thanos and DS are strategical geniuses on godly level. Thanos owning Galactus using just his head is an example. Plus Thanos has powerful blast power too I think.

And add to that they are near invulnerable and extremely durable with godly strength.

against a frail old emperor with powerful Dark side of the force thing going on, two evil lords who's magic are probably nothing to DS and Thanos, and Pennywise a horror movie villain...

I don't think it will end well unless Pennywise is som reality manipulator on a cosmic scale

Vaeternus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Vaeternus

Team, you cant destroy saurons in any way his spirit is eternal and realky cant be killed in any form except pitching the ring of power in mount doom, pennywise can be dealt with so long as ds and thanos dont fear him him or let their fears control them. Palpatine depends but with prep both he and sauron are also good with prep.

OptimusPalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By OptimusPalm

@vaeternus said:

Team, you cant destroy saurons in any way his spirit is eternal and realky cant be killed in any form except pitching the ring of power in mount doom, pennywise can be dealt with so long as ds and thanos dont fear him him or let their fears control them. Palpatine depends but with prep both he and sauron are also good with prep.

Thanos + Darkseid > Frodo Baggins & Samwise Gamgee

lol seriously though, If they figured out that the ring gave Sauron most of his power it wouldnt take long to remove it. I'm not even sure if Sauron could hurt them. If it was Sauron before he created the ring (and transferred nearly all his power into the ring) he'd be harder to beat. Almost impossible, in the Tolkien world. Sauron wearing the ring means he has commanding power over all other magic rings (that he helped or advised to create), and of those who keep/wear them.

I dont see many ways that Thanos and Darkseid can get hurt, but i'm really not clued up on Palpatine's full potential.

EDIT: If Sauron had prep, he'd have a great chance of convincing the Duo that he was on their side (he has numerous persuasion feats in the Silmarillion, against very powerful beings - not on the level of Thanos or Darkseid however). If he was somehow able to corrupt their plans then maybe it wouldnt be so easy for the Duo to win.

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Pokergeist

@juliustakalua: @vaeternus: @optimuspalm: I guess by your posts... you have no clue about Penny Wise.

I assume you all have no clue of Penny Wise as you all never read the book and watched only the crappy movie. Let me educate the Novel Version.

Pennywise the Clown (IT)

Pennywise the Clown is a Were Spider much like Crimson King, but of another Universe.

Stephen King himself relates Crimson King to IT in the Dark Tower novel.

Pennywise the Clown and the Spider are not ITs true form. IT is imprison outside Time and Space of the universe in what is called the Dead Lights. However its Psy presence (the Clown / Spider) is a physical vessel it uses to terrorize the universe along the path of the Turtle and Bear Beam that holds up the Dark Tower.

As seen its true form cannot be conceived by mortal minds at all, even Bill's who Psy Power is boosted by the Universal Turtle.

Shape Shifting

It can Shape shift into any form from physical form to oozing puddle.

Quick Note on ITs Speed

No Caption Provided

Fast as a Express train.

ITs Mind Control

IT takes control of this man mind to kill and weaken the Psychic Group of surviving adults that challenge IT as kids.

ITs Psychic Strength

IT Psy power is so great that he created a raging Pocket Hurricane.

IT in its frustration at being wounded lashes out by blowing up the Sewers, Stores, and Transformer Boxes as well killing many people.

ITs Psy Battle kills others and felt by the whole town.

ITs full UNIVERSAL Psy battle with the Grown Ups protected by the Turtle in the Ritual of Chud

If read you realize IT was not only battling Bill and Richie mentally, but stealing their very Souls (as mention a battle of the mind and spirit) into the Dead Lights where ITs main form is Imprison. This Mental Battle was dragged thru the Universe and outside it. The Turtle Beam does it's best to empower the Young Group and Bill to win. It could not be physically harmed or killed, only Mentally destroyed and spiritedly broken, the main point was killing ITs offspring and banishing IT.

Soooooo...... still think Penny Wise is lower than Voldemort? He is easily on level with Palpatine in Psy might and indestructible physical vessel.

GodTriggerHulk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@vaeternus: The Omega Sanction should take care of Sauron.

Vaeternus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Vaeternus

@godtriggerhulk: doubtful, sauron is more powerful then superman being a maiar in a longevity, creation sense, that cant kill sauron only if ds knew where to teleport the ring of power to mount doom, this of course assuming he knows saurons weakness. Plus if sauron is in his best form here ob wont do much good honestly.

@optimuspalm: i agree that if prep.is given, sauron can do damage but i was just pointing out that they can only rid sauron for good one way depending on how much info they have on him

@ cadencev, i think youre assuming too much about the "tier thing" I never said such, and i also never said pennywise is the low tier, if anything voldemort is so there i agree but do think youre wayy overhyping pw just a tad. All of the first team is obviously way more powerful in the novels/books vs. on screen, pennywise you're right but so is Sauron especially...WAY more powerful in the books then films. Not saying PW is a slouch but not sure he's a top tier either, I'd put him second to Sauron honestly, Vold last powerful as you. I just feel if you have little to no fears pw isnt THAT big deal of a deal, I mean maybe he can get in DS and Thano's heads but don't they have telepathy resistance? or DS anyway.... Especially when kids outsmart him both in the book and the movie, and hes facing ds, thanos here to be fair. You really thing godlike guys are going to fear a shapeshifting clown with a few mind tricks? He can pose a threat but the question is how much, Voldemort while better in the book I definitely think is the low tier guy here and won't do much honestly. I think if Sauron and Palpatine go all out they can perhaps win, especially with prep IMO they can match DS and Thanos.

GodTriggerHulk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vaeternus: What does being a Maiar mean in a practical sense? What does Superman have to do with the Omega Sanction?

Bronze_Surfer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

@cadencev2: Without It Thanos and Darkseid stomp. With I say a stalemate.

BWANASIMBA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I say Darkseid and Thanos win.

Wait, has not a single person actually argued for the team beating Darkseid and Thanos? It seems like people are just stating the powers of the novel villains and stating which ones might be a danger to the comic villains... but no one has stated "team wins and here's why" yet.

reikai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By reikai

Thanos' glare would make them all crap their pants and run away.

No Caption Provided

Vaeternus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Vaeternus

@GodtriggerHulk, my point is it didn't work on a physical being as powerful as Superman, what makes you think it would work on an ethereal being known as Sauron? Besides, the op said novel versions, since people seem unaware the novel versions of of these guys(Sauron especially) is FAR more powerful then movie versions...

GodTriggerHulk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vaeternus: I think you're getting the Omega Sanction mixed up with the Omega Effect. The Omega Sanction attacks a being's consciousness, it has not been used on Superman.

Vaeternus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Vaeternus

@godtriggerhulk: I hear what you're saying but I'm saying Sauron in the Novel at his most powerful that wont' do much to him, there's only one way to kill Sauron. Attacking his consciousness will do nothing since he's a relentless entity. And chances are if the ring exists here, DS or Thanos would most likely become his puppet like anyone else who goes near the ring. But, if they have the will power to destroy it by taking it to Mount Doom then Sauron is done. The Omega beam has been used on Superman but some folks argue "that would disintegrate" anyone but just KOed Supes.

Sidenote, the OP said no BFR of any kind so DS's powers right there are limited since he can transport people to other dimensions with his Omega Powers.

JuliusTakalua

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By JuliusTakalua

@bwanasimba: Guess not enough of us read that much books. bump since the battle seemed very well set up but now we are too dumb to even argue for the novel team hahah

JuliusTakalua

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@juliustakalua: @vaeternus: @optimuspalm: I guess by your posts... you have no clue about Penny Wise.

I assume you all have no clue of Penny Wise as you all never read the book and watched only the crappy movie. Let me educate the Novel Version.

Pennywise the Clown (IT)

Pennywise the Clown is a Were Spider much like Crimson King, but of another Universe.

Stephen King himself relates Crimson King to IT in the Dark Tower novel.

Pennywise the Clown and the Spider are not ITs true form. IT is imprison outside Time and Space of the universe in what is called the Dead Lights. However its Psy presence (the Clown / Spider) is a physical vessel it uses to terrorize the universe along the path of the Turtle and Bear Beam that holds up the Dark Tower.

As seen its true form cannot be conceived by mortal minds at all, even Bill's who Psy Power is boosted by the Universal Turtle.

Shape Shifting

It can Shape shift into any form from physical form to oozing puddle.

Quick Note on ITs Speed

No Caption Provided

Fast as a Express train.

ITs Mind Control

IT takes control of this man mind to kill and weaken the Psychic Group of surviving adults that challenge IT as kids.

ITs Psychic Strength

IT Psy power is so great that he created a raging Pocket Hurricane.

IT in its frustration at being wounded lashes out by blowing up the Sewers, Stores, and Transformer Boxes as well killing many people.

ITs Psy Battle kills others and felt by the whole town.

ITs full UNIVERSAL Psy battle with the Grown Ups protected by the Turtle in the Ritual of Chud

If read you realize IT was not only battling Bill and Richie mentally, but stealing their very Souls (as mention a battle of the mind and spirit) into the Dead Lights where ITs main form is Imprison. This Mental Battle was dragged thru the Universe and outside it. The Turtle Beam does it's best to empower the Young Group and Bill to win. It could not be physically harmed or killed, only Mentally destroyed and spiritedly broken, the main point was killing ITs offspring and banishing IT.

Soooooo...... still think Penny Wise is lower than Voldemort? He is easily on level with Palpatine in Psy might and indestructible physical vessel.

wow, I never knew. But I did say that. I thought maybe the novel version was some reality manipulator, but I guess not.

Palpatine is pretty powerful. Sauron, I only know from the films and some references to the books. Voldemort... really? Thanos and DS are gods and Voldy is just some human playing with magic. I really don't get his powers... BTW Thanos and DS are super intelligent and since there's prep, I"m still going for team comic book villains in a stomp.

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

HeWhoSees

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By HeWhoSees

The Novel Versions (and EU applies) of Emperor Palpatine, Pennywise the Clown, Lord Voldemort, and Sauron with Ring.

Darkseid and Thanos

No Caption Provided
  • All Novel Characters powers will work fully.
  • All are in character
  • Comic Team have 1 Week Prep
  • Start 500 feet apart.
  • Anything goes
  • No BFR
  • All are Geared with as Shown! (No IG for Thanos)

Where'd you get that Pick from?

Rick_Grayson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Rick_Grayson

Lol I hate getting involved in battles involving Pennywise, so many implied or unique to situation feats that get overplayed. IMO Darkseid and Thanos take this, Voldemort has no place here, Palpatine is a definite threat but would ultimately fail, Sauron it depends on which version and Pennywise...ergh

tparks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lol I hate getting involved in battles involving Pennywise, so many implied or unique to situation feats that get overplayed. IMO Darkseid and Thanos take this, Voldemort has no place here, Palpatine is a definite threat but would ultimately fail, Sauron it depends on which version and Pennywise...ergh

Agreed about Pennywise. I've read the Darktower novels and It, there was nothing in either of those books that makes me think he is a being who can battle someone like Thanos. He used his powers to terrorize children, not fight characters that are universal wide threats.

Ya, I don't think any of them are on this level. If Galbatorix was on the list, I'd say he would win though.

The_Imperator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tparks said:

Ya, I don't think any of them are on this level. If Galbatorix was on the list, I'd say he would win though.

What? Galbatorix would beat Thanos and Darkseid?

tparks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tparks said:

What? Galbatorix would beat Thanos and Darkseid?

I think so. The guy can do pretty much anything he wants with the name of the ancient language and a supply of eldunari for almost unlimited amounts of energy.

The_Imperator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tparks: What is his most destructive feat? Because Darkseid can tank Superman and hurt Superman. That's like turn normal human into pulp strength. Thanos is Thanos, and with a week of prep probably pulls out a cosmic cube and rapes the other side. Even with a cosmic cube, Darkseid can KO Galbatorix with his Omega Beams or Thanos can get into his head like he did to Galactus.

Avatar image for guardian_of_gravity
Guardian_of_Gravity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What's stopping Darkseid from erasing everyone on the team with his Omega beams? Sauron isn't even a Thor level villain, Palpatine is in no way a match for Thanos, Voldemort is ridiculously out of his league against skyfather level entities, and Pennywise was a giant spider from another dimension.

The_Imperator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What's stopping Darkseid from erasing everyone on the team with his Omega beams?

Pennywise is, I believe, something almost equal if not greater to Darkseid. Now, that's only what I've gotten from quotes and stuff in battles, I've never read a Stephen King novel.

I've also seen quotes, can't recall where, where Tolkien said souls are inviolate and indestructible, in regards to the LotR universe.

Guardian_of_Gravity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@guardian_of_gravity said:

What's stopping Darkseid from erasing everyone on the team with his Omega beams?

Pennywise is, I believe, something almost equal if not greater to Darkseid. Now, that's only what I've gotten from quotes and stuff in battles, I've never read a Stephen King novel.

I've also seen quotes, can't recall where, where Tolkien said souls are inviolate and indestructible, in regards to the LotR universe.

Sauron got punked by five Mortals, Thanos would tear him in half without effort.

Pennywise is a giant spider from another dimension that eats children.

And also there is a disturbingly long, way too graphic sex scene between ten year olds in IT.

The_Imperator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@guardian_of_gravity: I was just responding to the Omega Beam questtion :P

That's disgusting, ten year old sex?

Guardian_of_Gravity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@guardian_of_gravity: I was just responding to the Omega Beam questtion :P

That's disgusting, ten year old sex?

Essentially some of the boys are trying the ignite a fart trick, girls stumble on them. One thing leads to another and *holy hell they're having graphic sex why is this book in a public library*.

tparks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tparks: What is his most destructive feat? Because Darkseid can tank Superman and hurt Superman. That's like turn normal human into pulp strength. Thanos is Thanos, and with a week of prep probably pulls out a cosmic cube and rapes the other side. Even with a cosmic cube, Darkseid can KO Galbatorix with his Omega Beams or Thanos can get into his head like he did to Galactus.

Brakka du vanyalí sem huildar - That should drain the cosmic cube of power.

Any of the 12 words of death.

Jiera - For breaking their bones.

Malthinae -Keep them from moving

Skölir -Shield any attacks

Slytha -Put them to sleep.

Thrysta - Used to stop their hearts

These are all just spells that any magic user can use in the eragon universe. Galbatorix knows the name of the ancient language, so he can do just about anything he wants. His huge amount of Eldunari is a greater weapon then the cosmic cube when it is in the possession of someone who knows the name of the ancient language. I also don't see any reason why he couldn't just use a killing word from the start. I know Thanos can't die, but he can be restrained from moving, put to sleep, made deaf, mute, and blind. Galbotorix could also remove the curse death put on him with the name of the ancient language that does not allow him to die (theoretically, but if his magic is allowed in the Marvel Universe, then I don't see why not), and then he would be killed, which Thanos would welcome.

Guardian_of_Gravity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tparks said:

@the_imperator said:

Brakka du vanyalí sem huildar - That should drain the cosmic cube of power.

Any of the 12 words of death.

Jiera - For breaking their bones.

Malthinae -Keep them from moving

Skölir -Shield any attacks

Slytha -Put them to sleep.

Thrysta - Used to stop their hearts

These are all just spells that any magic user can use in the eragon universe. Galbatorix knows the name of the ancient language, so he can do just about anything he wants. His huge amount of Eldunari is a greater weapon then the cosmic cube when it is in the possession of someone who knows the name of the ancient language. I also don't see any reason why he couldn't just use a killing word from the start. I know Thanos can't die, but he can be restrained from moving, put to sleep, made deaf, mute, and blind. Galbotorix could also remove the curse death put on him with the name of the ancient language that does not allow him to die (theoretically, but if his magic is allowed in the Marvel Universe, then I don't see why not), and then he would be killed, which Thanos would welcome.

An Eragon character overpowering a multiversal Abstract's curse?

Wut?

And an Eragon character having more power than an item that is higher than a galaxy busting skyfather on the marvel totem pole?

Double wut?

Okay so Glabi what's his face vs the Living Tribunal, who wins?

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Pokergeist

@guardian_of_gravity: Can you show me one post of Thanos actually Galaxy Busting himself? The Guy is abover a Herald of Galactus, but he is no way by feats a Sky Father like Odin Level. At all. Odin has gave Galactus a fight, Thanos has been spanked easy by Galactus.

People tend to fan wank Thanos hard base of Classic Showings when recent ones are not so pretty. Add to that the Odin vs Galactus is as credible as Batman beating Superman. Just saying....

Guardian_of_Gravity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@guardian_of_gravity: Can you show me one post of Thanos actually Galaxy Busting himself? The Guy is abover a Herald of Galactus, but he is no way by feats a Sky Father like Odin Level. At all. Odin has gave Galactus a fight, Thanos has been spanked easy by Galactus.

People tend to fan wank Thanos hard base of Classic Showings when recent ones are not so pretty. Add to that the Odin vs Galactus is as credible as Batman beating Superman. Just saying....

There's actually quite a range of Skyfathers. Low-mid end is guys like Darkseid and High father, while High End is Odin and such.

tparks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By tparks

@guardian_of_gravity:

The name of the ancient language can be used to detect and remove curses.

He doesn't necessarily have more power, but he can make their power useless with a phrase in the ancient language, and with the reserves Galbatorix has, it won't kill him in the process. Knowing the name of the ancient language makes pretty much anything possible.

Living Tribunal. That's silly though. Darkseid and Thanos don't compare to LT.

I feel like I'm starting to flood this thread with a character that's not supposed to be here. lol. If anyone wants to debate this further with me, I'd love to, but I think a new thread should be started.

OptimusPalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sauron got punked by five Mortals, Thanos would tear him in half without effort.

Whilst I agree that Thanos would beat Sauron, if he ripped his physical form in half, Sauron would just turn into a vampire and retreat. The only way to truly kill him is by destroying the ring. Tearing him in half would achieve nothing.

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cadencev2 said:

There's actually quite a range of Skyfathers. Low-mid end is guys like Darkseid and High father, while High End is Odin and such.

Yes, but that is not the point. The point is you said...

out of his league against skyfather level entities

When actuality neither one is near Sky Fathers as far the term is coin around here.

Guardian_of_Gravity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tparks said:

@guardian_of_gravity:

Have you read the books? The name of the ancient language can be used to detect and remove curses.

He doesn't necessarily have more power, but he can make their power useless with a phrase in the ancient language, and with the reserves Galbatorix has, it won't kill him in the process. Knowing the name of the ancient language makes pretty much anything possible.

That's kind of a no-limits fallacy if I ever saw one. A curse placed by a multiversal abstract is beyond the scope of anything in Eragon. It'd be like Harry Potter trying to square off against the Chaos King.

And what's to stop the Cosmic cube "lolnoping" his ancient language or outright erasing it? Or how about the infinity gauntlet?

And Thanos has beaten the Living tribunal, albeit with the biggest MacGuffin to have ever MacGuffin'd.

tparks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tparks said:

@guardian_of_gravity:

Have you read the books? The name of the ancient language can be used to detect and remove curses.

That's kind of a no-limits fallacy if I ever saw one. A curse placed by a multiversal abstract is beyond the scope of anything in Eragon. It'd be like Harry Potter trying to square off against the Chaos King.

And what's to stop the Cosmic cube "lolnoping" his ancient language or outright erasing it? Or how about the infinity gauntlet?

And Thanos has beaten the Living tribunal, albeit with the biggest MacGuffin to have ever MacGuffin'd.

I don't see why that would be out of the limits in Eragon universe. There is no limit on the power of magic in Eragon's universe as long as the magic user has the reserves to pull it off. You're Harry Potter reference is completely out of place here. The magic system in Eragon is much more unlimited in power and versatility then anything from Harry Potter.

Infinity Gauntlet is a whole other field of cosmic powers and would stomp the Eragon Universe, but we weren't talking about that. What makes you think the Ancient Language can be erased or that a spell can be prevented in the Ancient Language. Anything spoken in the ancient language has to happen or kill the one who said it because only truth can come from the ancient language.

You're ABC logic with LT is completely out of place in this argument. Thanos with the Heart of the Universe is on a whole other level and would stomp the Eragon Universe, but we were not talking about that.

The_Imperator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By The_Imperator

That's still a no limits fallacy. What is the strongest thing killed by the ancient language? Because Thanos can't be killed (at least as of Thanos Imperative), and I believe Darkseid is still a god in nu52 which means he isn't going to simply die.

tparks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By tparks

@the_imperator: I think we'll have to agree to disagree. The limits of magic in Eragon universe is determined wholly by the amount of energy the magic user has in their body and the words used in the ancient language, and any artifcats, and eldunari. There is a limit, but it's very high with Galbatorix with his reserves and name of the ancient language.

Vaeternus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Agreed also, especially on Voldemort being irrelevant and Sauron depends on the version...book version was vastly different from the movie versions.

Guardian_of_Gravity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vaeternus said:

@rick_grayson said:

Agreed also, especially on Voldemort being irrelevant and Sauron depends on the version...book version was vastly different from the movie versions.

And the Book version lost to three men and two elves whom Thanos or Darkseid would have all killed with a single slap. Sauron shows up, only for Darkseid to zap him with the Omega beams and turn him into a chihuahua and keep him as a chihuahua. And then he kicks him.

Vaeternus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Vaeternus

@guardian_of_gravity:

The book version was far more powerful then the movie versions, besides you can't kill Sauron's fully or permanently without destroying the ring in mount doom. so DS, Thanos can zap him a million times won't rid Sauron for good unless you destroy the ring of power in Mount Doom. Besides, the second anyone puts on Sauron's ring, they become his B%$%* as nobody can resist it, nobody especially if you have a lust for power which that DS and Thanos definitely have...Novel versions of Sauron and Palpatine would give DS and Thanos issues also compared to movie versions.

JuliusTakalua

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@guardian_of_gravity: DS and HF are pretty impressive in terms of power. But compared to Odin's combat abilities, they are not as impressive. Although HF's "omnipotence" in the Fourth Wall was never destructive and stuff I would not say he is low-mid skyfather level.... DS, I read all the Kriby series and stuff but I've never read ALL of DS' stuff so I can't really say but he did show some impressive intelligence and raw power. DotNG showcases some cool stuff (been a while since I read that ) but he fought THe Source or sth like that. Theoretically speaking, NewGods are galaxy busters (They're size and relative power from the Fourth World but it's debatable) but I think that's too much of a stretch for this battle... Never seen a New God destroying galaxies alhtough DS in Turpin's body was destroying Reality itself (but it was not his New God body avatar instead it was amortal body so Supes easily beat him in FC).