5. Battle takes place in a city
No Caption Provided

Pierpat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Deep sea king shouts "plus ultra" and sends Noumu in the next country....but that does not suffice given the OP
I'm not up to date with the manga, has anyone actually hurt noumu with blunt force?

TrueAustralian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Noumu has very good blunt durability, and that is about all Deep Sea King can do. Noumu is likely much slower than DSK as well as being much less intelligent. Noumu has a much better healing factor, but DSK is no slouch either. I'm thinking with DSK's speed and intelligence advantage, couple with his acid spit could take down a Noumu 10/10 times.

Avatar image for redbird3rdboywonder
redbird3rdboywonder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Probably DSK for reasons the poster above said

emperorthanos-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 emperorthanos-  Moderator

bump

siegeeeman2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By siegeeeman2000

DSK blitzes

edit 9/30/16

well SK is put at hypersonic for being able to keep up with Genos (barely), but if you equalize speed this might be a really close match. IIRC, Noumu had no visible damage from his exchange with All Might (IMO, he only lost because he was BFR'd), and SK had only taken a little damage after Geno's incinerator cannon. they have the durability to trade punches for at least a minute or two. i'd still give it to SK though for acid spit and the eel in his mouth, since i believe Shigaraki (person with a hand on his face) said piercing Noumu's flesh is more effective.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f07824e0850d
deactivated-5f07824e0850d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump

AGrape

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By AGrape

DSK spits on his brain. GG

Shinne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Deep Sea King.

rizaadxn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nomu, it's out of character for DSK to use acid spit on an enemy that he's fighting.

lichvanastrea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Deep Sea King.

Juicers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Juicers

Hydrated DSK wins, he has speed, intelligence and weapon advantage; acid spit that can carbonize Nomu's cells. I even doubt Nomu would able to touch Hydrated DSK since there's a severe speed gap.

Dehydrated DSK can give a closer fight since he handled PPP pretty easy and was able to match Genos' speed inside the dome, he also regen instantly from Genos' multi city block blast right in his face.

floridaman29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DSK wins.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nomu.

AlphaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

How can Nomu counter the acid spit?

yamatama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By yamatama

In a physical fight, Nomu is no doubt superior, but the difference in speed is way to big. As for Acid spit, DSK will most likely use it once he sees his physical attacks aren't doing much.

Killmonger101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DSK

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@alphaq said:

How can Nomu counter the acid spit?

He can just regenerate. Also as for battle forum rules they begin close so this is going to turn into a slug-fest instantly. Nomu has the advantage under those conditions due to his healing, shock absorption, and being seemingly unresponsive to pain.

I also think its fair to say Nomu is stronger than The Deep Sea King since he scales to All Might. Also even though the OP says Deep Sea King is hydrated it doesn't look like its raining in that setting. So the longer the fight drags out the more likely Deep Sea King is to dehydrate.

@yamatama said:

In a physical fight, Nomu is no doubt superior, but the difference in speed is way to big. As for Acid spit, DSK will most likely use it once he sees his physical attacks aren't doing much.

He never used it on Saitama when he literally no sold Deep Sea King's punches. Deep Sea King isn't a smart fighter. He's pretty arrogant I would argue.

AlphaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By AlphaQ

@jashro44: Would he be able to just regenerate? Wasn’t it said by Endevour that carbonized cells can’t regenerate... I’m not sure how consistent that is because High-End’s regen gave him trouble but I’m not sure if he used an attack specifically designed to alter the chemical structure of the Nomu, like an acid attack would.

Nomu’s durability is kinda questionable in that he uses shock absorption to tank hits, so it’s not like he’s made out of some innately resistant material like Genos, whose metal is extremely durable and inert. Considering it burned roughly half of Genos’s body away I could honestly see it burning all of Nomu away, he should be far less resistant to that form of attack.

You’re right in that it should become a close range fight very soon but Hydrated Sea King has claws and teeth that he can use, considering Nomu is slower and just generally dumber/a beat behind a sentient fighter he should get the chance to use them once blunt force fails. I can see DSK trying to tank hits from Nomu, which wouldn’t be good, but he was smart enough to dodge hits from Genos when it was appropriate. DSK isn’t a stupid fighter when he actually gets going, he did give PPP a lesson after all - it’s just he’s so prideful and dismissive he doesn’t protect himself like he should.

Avatar image for deactivated-5faf743db9a3e
deactivated-5faf743db9a3e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Looks like a perfect match-up for the Nomu. One could possibly argue that a continuous series/combo attack like the one against Puri-Puri eventually could fill up the shock absorption, but considering the amount of All Might's punches he took, its VERY unlikely.

The Nomu would also just regen unless his head/core gets completely destroyed, which again is highly unlikely.

Nomu wins.

yamatama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44: I mean we never got to see how Dsk would respond in a situation where physical attacks wouldn't work, bc he got one shot right off the bat after one hit. He doesn't need to be a smart fighter to resort to his acid spit.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@alphaq:

Would be be able to just regenerate? Wasn’t it said by Endevour that carbonized cells can’t regenerate... I’m not sure how consistent that is because High-End’s regen gave him trouble but I’m not sure if he used an attack specifically designed to alter the chemical structure of the Nomu, like an acid attack would.

As you said High-End was regenerating from Endeavor. Even taking what Endeavor said at face value Deep Sea King's acid isn't carbonizing Nomu's cells. As far as I know acid doesn't do that. The way I interpret Endeavor's dialogue in the anime is he burned the Nomu so intensely that the cells were just killed and there wasn't anything to regenerate from (I guess brain cells).

Also I think rizaadxn brought up a good point but the acid was never intentionally used on anyone he was fighting. Deep Sea King used it once on a spectator because she was annoying him, Genos just got in the way. So its pretty debatable if Deep Sea King would even try to use it on Nomu. I can't imagine him spitting more than one logie. If he hits his torso or arm Nomu will be fine.

I don't think the spit is that reliable.

Nomu’s durability is kinda questionable in that he uses shock absorption to tank hits, so it’s not like he’s made out of some innately resistant material like Genos, whose metal is extremely durable and inert. Considering it burned roughly half of Genos’s body away I could honestly see it burning all of Nomu away, he should be far less resistant to that form of attack.

I don't think the spit is going to cover Nomu's entire body and we've already seen Nomu regrow limbs. Unless it completely melts his head off I don't see it killing Nomu.

You’re right in that it should become a close range fight very soon but Hydrated Sea King has claws and teeth that he can use, considering Nomu is slower and just generally dumber/a beat behind a sentient fighter he should get the chance to use them once blunt force fails. I can see DSK trying to tank hits from Nomu, which wouldn’t be good, but he was smart enough to dodge hits from Genos when it was appropriate.

Nomu also has claws. Nomu isn't smart but neither is The Deep Sea King. He never once used tactics or thought strategically in any of his fights. The acid spit thing was a fluke. He spat at the little girl because she was annoying him and even said he never considered Genos would shield her. Deep Sea King's sentience isn't an advantage, I would even go so far as to argue its a disadvantage because he is arrogant and is likely to underestimate Nomu. Nomu has no intelligence but assuming he has been ordered to kill Deep Sea King he will just do it and wont hold back or make the same mistake. Nomu will just kill Deep Sea King. Deep Sea King might start the fight by toying with Nomu thinking he is some fodder.

Deep Sea King is probably faster while hydrated but Nomu isn't slow.

Its also not like Deep Sea King makes great use of speed either. I'll have to review his fight with Genos because I don't remember him doing much dodging. I recall him going blow for blow with Genos and Puri-Puri Prisoner, and also allowing Lightning Max to hit him. He might be able to blitz Nomu but Nomu can just fight through the punches and his hits are greater IMO. I don't see Nomu having a hard time tagging Deep Sea King even if Sea King is faster.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@yamatama said:

@jashro44: I mean we never got to see how Dsk would respond in a situation where physical attacks wouldn't work, bc he got one shot right off the bat after one hit. He doesn't need to be a smart fighter to resort to his acid spit.

Well we kind of did when he fought Saitama. He couldn't pick up on the fact Saitama no sold his punch or chose not to believe it. He tried punching Saitama again who killed him. With Nomu its less obvious than it was for Saitama because Nomu wont straight up no sell his punch like that, he just wont be responsive to the damage and will recover quickly.

Loading Video...

He doesn't need to be a smart fighter but I am arguing Deep Sea King is actually a dumb fighter. I think he is blinded by arrogance and will try to slug it out with Nomu like he did with everyone else because he seems to believe he is better than everyone else.

yamatama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44: Arrogant sure but I wouldn't call him a dumb fighter because of that...it's not far fetched to assume he would use acid spit as a last resort if he starts losing.

Necromancer76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Leaning DSK

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@yamatama said:

@jashro44: Arrogant sure but I wouldn't call him a dumb fighter because of that...it's not far fetched to assume he would use acid spit as a last resort if he starts losing.

I mean he is dumb because he fights dumb. He doesn't dodge even when fighting people he is faster than. He never even considered a hero like Genos would want to protect civilians and only got him off of a fluke. I would characterize the deep sea king as dumb because he doesn't seem strategic, brute forced his way through every fight, and acts arrogant. He has no showings of intelligence and only has showings proving he's not all that bright.

An advantage is only as useful as you make it. Deep Sea King doesn't make good use of his speed or intellect so I don't see those as useful advantages in this fight.

yamatama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44: Why dodge against people who can't properly hurt you & you have regen? Against Genos he showed he was smart enough to do anything to get an advantage if he's on the losing end too. Brute forcing through his problems doesn't make him a dumb fighter...

He used good use of his speed when blitzing PPP with a barrage of punches.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@yamatama said:

@jashro44: Why dodge against people who can't properly hurt you & you have regen? Against Genos he showed he was smart enough to do anything to get an advantage if he's on the losing end too. Brute forcing through his problems doesn't make him a dumb fighter...

He used good use of his speed when blitzing PPP with a barrage of punches.

No he didn't. He attacked Genos when Genos lowered his guard. But that's not because Deep Sea King is smart, its because Genos would constantly lower his guard in a fight and leave himself exposed. It was his biggest weakness before the Garou fight. Genos even said he never learned from all his other mistakes in other fights after the deep sea king did that:

No Caption Provided

This isn't deep sea king being smart this is Genos making a rookie mistake.

He spat at the girl because she was annoying him not because he was thinking of a way to hit Genos. He took the advantage on Genos because:

1. Genos overestimated his power and underestimated the deep sea king. He thought he killed him with his first attack.
  2. Genos decided to protect the little girl.

Now you bring up why dodge attacks against people who can't hurt him but both Puri-puri prisoner and Genos had the ability to hurt him and he never avoided there attacks. Yea he punched Puri-Puri Prisoner a lot but Nomu can just punch back like he did against All Might. They traded over 300 punches before Nomu got overwhelmed. Deep Sea King isn't as strong or as tough All Might.

I also never said brute forcing his way through fights makes deep sea king a dumb fighter. I said him tanking blows, not considering his enemies mind sets, and having no showings of tactical thinking in a fight makes him a dumb fighter. Intellect isn't an advantage for Deep Sea King because even though he obviously has sentience unlike Nomu, he still has not proven to be a smart fighter. If he doesn't use his intelligence in battle its not an advantage.

yamatama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44: And he took advantage of Genos lowering his guard. Never mentioned the girl.

He barely took damage considering he had regen. Never said Dsk was comparable to All might in physicals. Just a lot faster by feats.

Again none of that stops him from using his spit.

Nashiruu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DSK stomps. Acid spit + Massively faster + Smarter is GG. If he's dehydrated it's a bit closer

AlphaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By AlphaQ

@jashro44:

As you said High-End was regenerating from Endeavor.

I'm gonna be straight with you, I didn't actually watch the High-End fight, haha. I don't want to until I have time to properly read the mange or watch the anime - my brother told me the basics but that's really it. As I understand it, though, Endevour was trying to take him alive and he never increased the potency of his flames to that of blue flames in an attempt to carbonize High-End's cells, so it's not exactly like-to-like.

Even taking what Endeavor said at face value Deep Sea King's acid isn't carbonizing Nomu's cells. As far as I know acid doesn't do that. The way I interpret Endeavor's dialogue in the anime is he burned the Nomu so intensely that the cells were just killed and there wasn't anything to regenerate from (I guess brain cells).

I took it another way, if it had only been about destroying the brain I imagine regular flames would've done. I took it to mean that carbonizing the cells was about altering the chemical structure - just like acid. I only made the connection because of another book series I'm reading where re-generators need acid or fire to be hurt.

I actually thought that Endevour was repeating a phrase or strategy he had heard or utilized before to himself.

Also I think rizaadxn brought up a good point but the acid was never intentionally used on anyone he was fighting. Deep Sea King used it once on a spectator because she was annoying him, Genos just got in the way. So its pretty debatable if Deep Sea King would even try to use it on Nomu. I can't imagine him spitting more than one logie. If he hits his torso or arm Nomu will be fine.

I don't think the spit is that reliable.

Yes, but in all his fights he was either fighting someone too fast for the acid (Sonic and Genos) or people he wanted to humiliate or patronize (PPP and the lesser Heroes).

I don't think the spit is going to cover Nomu's entire body and we've already seen Nomu regrow limbs. Unless it completely melts his head off I don't see it killing Nomu.

Maybe not initially, just because Nomu is so big, but as he gets disintegrated his volume will decrease, so the acid will start to cover a larger percentage of his surface area. If I got a cup of Alien blood acid poured on my head chances are it would dissolve my entire body, legs and head just because it would continually dissolve me as my body disintegrated.

Nomu also has claws.

Yeah but he doesn't even use them much when he brawls - he threw hundreds of blows against All Might and never thought to use them. Also, DSK resisted Sonic's air blade kicks so he has piercing resistance, whereas Nomu never showed any that I can remember.

Nomu isn't smart but neither is The Deep Sea King. He never once used tactics or thought strategically in any of his fights. The acid spit thing was a fluke. He spat at the little girl because she was annoying him and even said he never considered Genos would shield her. Deep Sea King's sentience isn't an advantage, I would even go so far as to argue its a disadvantage because he is arrogant and is likely to underestimate Nomu. Nomu has no intelligence but assuming he has been ordered to kill Deep Sea King he will just do it and wont hold back or make the same mistake. Nomu will just kill Deep Sea King. Deep Sea King might start the fight by toying with Nomu thinking he is some fodder.

Deep Sea King is probably faster while hydrated but Nomu isn't slow.

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2Gallery image 3Gallery image 4

Its also not like Deep Sea King makes great use of speed either. I'll have to review his fight with Genos because I don't remember him doing much dodging. I recall him going blow for blow with Genos and Puri-Puri Prisoner, and also allowing Lightning Max to hit him. He might be able to blitz Nomu but Nomu can just fight through the punches and his hits are greater IMO. I don't see Nomu having a hard time tagging Deep Sea King even if Sea King is faster.

There's two points here; Speed and Intelligence.

On Speed, I will say that I just think DSK is much faster. Hydrated DSK was basically equal to Sonic, and could at least pressure him, and I place him above All Might by a significant degree. I could never see All Might replicating that feat in the forest against Saitama where he appeared everywhere at once - now granted I could say the same about DSK but he has direct comparisons with Sonic that are favorable. DSK didn't visibly do any dodging because he was fighting Genos FTE but we see that when he gets tagged he gets staggered, so we can deduce he was blocking or dodging blows before then.

On Intelligence, I will say this. DSK isn't a smart guy and in all his fights he was arrogant and dismissive, enjoying flaunting his power and humiliating his opponents. But I think the context is that Deep Sea King has contempt for humans specifically, the guys looks down on them as if he were their king. When he wants to humiliate PPP, Lightning Max and to a lesser extent Genos he does so with genuine sadism, entitlement and contempt due to their different civilization, evolutionary history and personal strength - something which is important in his warped mind. I think if DSK came up against Nomu, something he would believe to be human weapon or competing predator, he wouldn't waste time trying to demonstrate some natural hierarchy like he would when fighting another sentient - he would go full shark mode and kill him in the most efficient way possible. His fighting style, as described by him to PPP, is one of assessing weakness and exploiting it in the most efficient way possible, just like his philosophy focuses on the weakness of other life forms. I see his combat style being put on hold due to his sadism against humans until he decides to fight seriously, I don't see him as being innately arrogant in a fight. If anything, he takes even more pride in being efficient and merciless. "In the wild", in the dark, away from other sentients, I picture him as being a dispassionate but efficient killer

Basically the way I see the fight going is this; DSK has the initiative because Nomu is less quick on the up-take and slower generally. He tries to use blunt force on Nomu - when that fails he uses his teeth, claws or acid to bypass his shock absorption.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@yamatama:

And he took advantage of Genos lowering his guard. Never mentioned the girl.

Not intentionally. He was just mad Genos blasted him through buildings and than took Genos by surprise when Genos lowered his guard. This isn't a showing of intellect.

He barely took damage considering he had regen. Never said Dsk was comparable to All might in physicals. Just a lot faster by feats.

I mean he pretty much has to be comparable to all Might if he has any hope of contending in a slug fest. Which is how Deep Sea King fights.

Again none of that stops him from using his spit.

Again he doesn't use it in character and Nomu can just regenerate.

@nashiruu said:

DSK stomps. Acid spit + Massively faster + Smarter is GG. If he's dehydrated it's a bit closer

Your going to need to post examples of Deep Sea King using his acid spit in a fight or examples of Deep Sea King using strategy.

Nashiruu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Nashiruu

@jashro44 Unless you're telling me that Noumu is smarter then DSK I don't think that that needs any explaining.

As for acid spit:

yamatama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44: @jashro44: If he was dumb he wouldn’t of taken advantage of such a moment...

The speed gap should help with that imo

He used it when he got pissed at the little girl. Why wouldn’t he use it if he starts losing ?

TheWatcherKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Noumu stomps

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By jashro44

@alphaq:

I'm gonna be straight with you, I didn't actually watch the High-End fight, haha. I don't want to until I have time to properly read the mange or watch the anime - my brother told me the basics but that's really it. As I understand it, though, Endevour was trying to take him alive and he never increased the potency of his flames to that of blue flames in an attempt to carbonize High-End's cells, so it's not exactly like-to-like.

Fair enough. Regarding the High-End fight Endeavor only held back at first. Towards the end he decided to go for the kill because he was getting his ass kicked. Towards the end of the fight Endeavor was roasting him from inside his mouth but High-End's regeneration was still keeping up.

No Caption Provided

Endeavor had to use a level of output that he wouldn't use in a city and needed Hawks to lift him higher into the air.

I took it another way, if it had only been about destroying the brain I imagine regular flames would've done. I took it to mean that carbonizing the cells was about altering the chemical structure - just like acid. I only made the connection because of another book series I'm reading where re-generators need acid or fire to be hurt.

I actually thought that Endevour was repeating a phrase or strategy he had heard or utilized before to himself.

Well who knows really. Out of curiosity how does acid alter the chemical structure of cells?

EDIT: Also about destroying his brain the reason I think that is a thing is because Hood (the High-end Endeavor fought) was protecting his head from being burned and destroyed. There is one scene earlier where Endeavor melts his body but Hood rips his head off and throws it elsewhere so Endeavor doesn't burn it.

You could argue Nomu and High-End are different because High-End are suppose to be better Nomu. But I think we can assume there super regeneration is similar.

Yes, but in all his fights he was either fighting someone too fast for the acid (Sonic and Genos) or people he wanted to humiliate or patronize (PPP and the lesser Heroes).

Well the acid itself isn't fast. He spits and it kind of just falls to the ground. I don't think he can make it go faster.

Maybe not initially, just because Nomu is so big, but as he gets disintegrated his volume will decrease, so the acid will start to cover a larger percentage of his surface area. If I got a cup of Alien blood acid poured on my head chances are it would dissolve my entire body, legs and head just because it would continually dissolve me as my body disintegrated.

Well Nomu would probably be regenerating while the acid is eating away at his skin. So its not nessasarily going to decrease his volume (or I guess there is going to be an increase and decrease at the same time?). And Nomu seems pretty oblivious to pain as we saw when he broke his body after having it frozen. So I don't think this would stop him.

Yeah but he doesn't even use them much when he brawls - he threw hundreds of blows against All Might and never thought to use them. Also, DSK resisted Sonic's air blade kicks so he has piercing resistance, whereas Nomu never showed any that I can remember.

This is true that Nomu doesn't use his claws much but he did use them against All Might. As for Deep Sea King's piercing resistance I'm not sure it will help him since Nomu will be stabbing him with greater force. I would argue Nomu is stronger than the Sea King.

There's two points here; Speed and Intelligence.

On Speed, I will say that I just think DSK is much faster. Hydrated DSK was basically equal to Sonic, and could at least pressure him, and I place him above All Might by a significant degree. I could never see All Might replicating that feat in the forest against Saitama where he appeared everywhere at once - now granted I could say the same about DSK but he has direct comparisons with Sonic that are favorable.

I agree with you on sonic being faster than All Might but I don't think the Sea King is equal to Sonic in speed. While he did eventually catch him at the same time Sonic ghosted him and got out of his clothing so fast the Deep Sea King didn't even notice. He than vanished in front of him.

DSK didn't visibly do any dodging because he was fighting Genos FTE but we see that when he gets tagged he gets staggered, so we can deduce he was blocking or dodging blows before then.

I don't agree. Just because Genos' final punch did more visible damage than his other punches it doesn't mean Deep Sea King wasn't taking damage at all. I will say looking at the manga it is hard to tell what is happening exactly. In the anime it looks like both the sea king and genos were just trading punches:

Loading Video...

I know the manga is a more primary source but I feel the anime gives us a more clear picture of what is happening. In the manga it looks like a bunch of punches are exchanged. Its unclear if Deep Sea King is dodging or blocking:

No Caption Provided

In the manga there are some strikes that could be interpreted as blocking.

On Intelligence, I will say this. DSK isn't a smart guy and in all his fights he was arrogant and dismissive, enjoying flaunting his power and humiliating his opponents. But I think the context is that Deep Sea King has contempt for humans specifically, the guys looks down on them as if he were their king. When he wants to humiliate PPP, Lightning Max and to a lesser extent Genos he does so with genuine sadism, entitlement and contempt due to their different civilization, evolutionary history and personal strength - something which is important in his warped mind. I think if DSK came up against Nomu, something he would believe to be human weapon or competing predator, he wouldn't waste time trying to demonstrate some natural hierarchy like he would when fighting another sentient - he would go full shark mode and kill him in the most efficient way possible.

I don't think so. Deep Sea King seemed dismissive of all land animals, because he believed that as ruler of the sea he ruled over all things by extension since life came from the ocean. I don't think he would just turn into an effcient killer and choose the most tactically optimum route.

His fighting style, as described by him to PPP, is one of assessing weakness and exploiting it in the most efficient way possible, just like his philosophy focuses on the weakness of other life forms. I see his combat style being put on hold due to his sadism against humans until he decides to fight seriously, I don't see him as being innately arrogant in a fight. If anything, he takes even more pride in being efficient and merciless. "In the wild", in the dark, away from other sentients, I picture him as being a dispassionate but efficient killer

The point about him criticizing prisoners use of consecutive punches is a good point for his intellect. However I'm not sure how that strategy would effect Nomu. I know your not suggesting he will do exactly that but I will address what your suggesting he will do below.

Basically the way I see the fight going is this; DSK has the initiative because Nomu is less quick on the up-take and slower generally. He tries to use blunt force on Nomu - when that fails he uses his teeth, claws or acid to bypass his shock absorption.

I don't think Deep Sea King's claws are long enough to take off Nomu's limbs. He could dig them into his skin but he would be fine. Same with teeth and those can shatter if the fight drags on. The acid seems like the best bet but Nomu will be regenerating while he is being burned and I don't think Deep Sea King will like run away and keep his distance and just spit acid.

I don't think Deep Sea King wont use his acid, claws or teeth at all but I think he is more likely to try and rely on punches. In the case of his claws and teeth I don't think it will do much due to the healing factor. The acid could be more troubling but a majority of the time I think Nomu will be fine because he will be regenerating while being burned. Deep Sea King is faster but Nomu is stronger. And because of the way Deep Sea King fights I think Nomu's strength is more valuable.

If Deep Sea King were to utilize hit and run strategies with his acid spit I could see him winning. But that would be really out of character for him IMO. He seems to proud to do something like that.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nashiruu:

@nashiruu said:

@jashro44 Unless you're telling me that Noumu is smarter then DSK I don't think that that needs any explaining.

As for acid spit:

Its not about whether or not deep sea king is smarter than Nomu. Its about whether or not his intelligence matters. Nomu obviously isn't smart but if Deep Sea King doesn't use strategy when he fights than its basically a wash.

Yea you posted the example I've been referencing throughout this thread....What you showed is Deep Sea King using his acid spit on a bystander that was annoying him and Genos getting in the way. He did not use it on any of the enemies he was actively battling.

@yamatama said:

@jashro44: @jashro44: If he was dumb he wouldn’t of taken advantage of such a moment...

The speed gap should help with that imo

He used it when he got pissed at the little girl. Why wouldn’t he use it if he starts losing ?

It doesn't take any level of intelligence to take advantage of catching someone off guard. Deep Sea King didn't even nessasarily intend to take Genos off guard it just occurred by happenstance.

Because Deep Sea King is to proud to do that. He believes the superiority of his strength over land creatures.

yamatama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44: I’ll have to disagree with that one.

Yet he spit at the girl bc he was pissed. I’d imagine he would resort to acid if his life’s on the line.

AGrape

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By AGrape

I don't understand what this intelligence debate is about. You don't need a high IQ to realize your punches aren't working after 5 minutes.

Gnomishness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Gnomishness

This is definitely a very close fight, and I think it's a pretty good one as well, but something that hasn't been talked about yet is the durability of the Deep Sea King's innards. The Deep Sea King could survive an energy attack which did this from Genos straight to the cheek, and recover fully within minutes and continue fighting almost immediately with seemingly no drop in battle power (other than drying him off):

No Caption Provided

Honestly, I kind of doubt that Nomu could replicate this feat or anything sufficiently close, let alone outmatch it to the point of causing permanent damage.

The Deep Sea King's extraneous abilities might be the true only harm either of these two can do to each other in this battle.

rizaadxn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By rizaadxn
jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@agrape said:

I don't understand what this intelligence debate is about. You don't need a high IQ to realize your punches aren't working after 5 minutes.

Whether or not Deep Sea king would opt to change tactics due to his pride or not. Considering he never did against Saitama....

AGrape

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44: You're acting like DSK vs Saitama was even a fight. He died after landing one punch on Saitama

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@agrape said:

@jashro44: You're acting like DSK vs Saitama was even a fight. He died after landing one punch on Saitama

No. My whole point is even after Saitama no sold his punch Deep Sea King didn't decide to switch tactics. He basically chose not to accept Saitama could no sell his punch. His response was "impressive your still standing after one of my punches".

No Caption Provided

He is literally blinded by proud.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Basically the argument in a nut shell is about whether or not the Sea King has the ability to reassess the situation and change tactics.

Gnomishness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44:

Basically the argument in a nut shell is about whether or not the Sea King has the ability to reassess the situation and change tactics.

To be fair, the Sea King only tried one relatively casual punch on Saitama, and wasn't really taking the humans seriously by this point based on how terrified the crowd (who should know the strength of their heroes) was acting, down to glorifying a weakling like Licenseless Rider and not even giving that benefit of the doubt to Saitama. He was bored, and across the broader spectrum of his fights that day, raw physical might seemed most effective anyway. So yeah, any intelligent character would continue doing as they do and not abandon proven tactics after just such a minor failure that even those around him were already writing off as a fluke, and in what seemed to be such a low-stakes fight.

Avatar image for essentiallyheroes
EssentiallyHeroes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sea King Thrashes

Dmnb2wavy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Dmnb2wavy

@jashro44: why would noumu have regen on high end lvl? Or even around that lvl?

Ot: Not sure how this is a debate. Genos is a mountain buster and dsk tanked blows from him and hurt him as well.

MarMarMar203

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Could go either way