• 71 results
azrael1973

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@omri said:

@stimul: lock the underworld guys are strong very strong and extramly fast but the van helsing guys ate in a different level then them their pure size and mass will overwhelm them they cannot be comper.

Underworld tries to be realistic, Van Helsing is almost like a comic. So powerwise Van Helsing >>>>> Underworld.

TheKing47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52  Edited By TheKing47

@zetsumoto said:
@theking47 said:

Yeah, it is reaching.

Well then, by that logic Dracula has a great degree of control over these Werewolves just as he did in the Van Helsing movie, Werewolves are his slaves after all. He just makes William do whatever he wants.

So the bites aren't the same because it doesn't have the same effect as a Werewolf bite?

You'd have to prove that Dracula can control a werewolf as ancient and powerful as these 3.

It does have the same effect. It has the same effect mixed with another effect which creates a hybrid. You claiming that a hybrid bite can't kill Dracula is like claiming that if someone can only be killed by anthrax they won't die if the anthrax is mixed with cyanide.

Van Helsing Werewolf is more powerful, and Michael isn't old or ancient.

But look who's reaching now, it's said that he has a massive degree of control over all Werewolves, not Werewolves that aren't ancient and powerful. Van Helsing was a special case, not an ordinary man, a man who was reborn and who had a history with Dracula and he's also the left hand of God so he had the will power to resist him.

I can use the same double standard and say prove that the bite from Werewolves not in the Van Helsing Universe, and not even full Werewolves works on Dracula.

But let's play your little game, if we're mixing the lore, then you should remember that if Van Helsing's Dracula dies then so do all Vampires. That means Marcus, Michael and Victor go down.

Stimul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@azrael1973: Marcus was easily 3-5 toner, on the basis of the majority of his feats. And Michael not far behind him in strength, at all.

eternityx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Whatever tonner the Underworld characters are, it looked like Van Helsing and both Draculas were more.

On top of that I don't think either Dracula can be killed.

Nomak's team wins.

Silverrings

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By Silverrings

The physical gap between the Van Helsing duo and the Underworld team is very noticeable, i've already said not in every single category, but in more than enough ways to win this. Look at that jump Helsing made over Castle Dracula's massive gates in pre-wolf human form, let alone wolf form. Look at how they both tank explosions and break metal and stone. Look at how fast Dracula moves in the opening scene; so fast that he appeared behind Frankenstein who was looking directly at him, only a few feet away.

Zetsu-San

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#56  Edited By Zetsu-San

@theking47 said:

Van Helsing Werewolf is more powerful, and Michael isn't old or ancient.

But look who's reaching now, it's said that he has a massive degree of control over all Werewolves, not Werewolves that aren't ancient and powerful. Van Helsing was a special case, not an ordinary man, a man who was reborn and who had a history with Dracula and he's also the left hand of God so he had the will power to resist him.

I can use the same double standard and say prove that the bite from Werewolves not in the Van Helsing Universe, and not even full Werewolves works on Dracula.

But let's play your little game, if we're mixing the lore, then you should remember that if Van Helsing's Dracula dies then so do all Vampires. That means Marcus, Michael and Victor go down.

1) Michael isn't old or ancient, but he's still massively powerful hybrid. You know who else could control werewolves? William and Lucian. We never got to see if Lucian had any hold over Michael, but William most DEFINITELY did not.

2) It was never established that he can control all werewolves, just that he could control the ones we have seen. In any case this is up to the OP to decide if it's a valid method of victory.

3) Yea, and Marcus, William, and Michael are all special cases as well. They aren't just normal men, they have the blood of Corvinus in them, and are the first in their respective bloodlines. William himself has demonstrated the ability to control the werewolves he turns.

4) Van Helsing is not the first story to introduce this concept, and the general consensus is that killing a head vampire will only effect his own descended line. Michael is an original just like Dracula is.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c6c6de088804
deactivated-5c6c6de088804

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I watched Van Hellsing like 3 times and never noticed those feats, geez. I need to watch it again for sure, blade too.

TheKing47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By TheKing47

@zetsumoto said:

1) Michael isn't old or ancient, but he's still massively powerful hybrid. You know who else could control werewolves? William and Lucian. We never got to see if Lucian had any hold over Michael, but William most DEFINITELY did not.

2) It was never established that he can control all werewolves, just that he could control the ones we have seen. In any case this is up to the OP to decide if it's a valid method of victory.

3) Yea, and Marcus, William, and Michael are all special cases as well. They aren't just normal men, they have the blood of Corvinus in them, and are the first in their respective bloodlines. William himself has demonstrated the ability to control the werewolves he turns.

4) Van Helsing is not the first story to introduce this concept, and the general consensus is that killing a head vampire will only effect his own descended line. Michael is an original just like Dracula is.

1. It was never stated that William or Lucian could control Werewolves. Dracula controlled them to such an extent that he had Velkan try and kill his own sister against his will.

2. It was stated multiple times that Werewolves were slaves of Dracula and Dracula was clearly giving orders to them.

3. William did not demonstrate that he has control over Werewolves, him not being attacked demonstrates nothing but that they are more likely to attack different species. Dracula outright told Werewolves to do his bidding and they did. And yes, William and Michael are ordinary men with slightly special blood lol. Van Helsing was the left hand of God and an Archangel, gigantic difference.

4. It isn't the consensus, when Marcus died his line didn't, plus it wasn't stated that his line would die, but that all Vampires would. It seems you are using lore from only one side. You seem to be happy to mix the lore where it suits the Underworld characters but you pretend like it doesn't exist when it doesn't haha.

5. You say Marcus, William and Michael don't have to answer to Dracula? And Marcus, Michael and Victor would survive his death? Then I refuse to accept that Hybrids and biological Werewolves can do any damage to Dracula, because they can't.

Edit: I forgot to mention that Velkan has similar blood to Corvinus, he is a descendant of Valerious the Elder, father of Dracula. And yes Valerious bloodline is also special, as they made a pact with God for salvation of their bloodlines. Yet Velkan was helpless in resisting Dracula's control.

Zetsu-San

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

1. It was never stated that William or Lucian could control Werewolves. Dracula controlled them to such an extent that he had Velkan try and kill his own sister against his will.

2. It was stated multiple times that Werewolves were slaves of Dracula and Dracula was clearly giving orders to them.

3. William did not demonstrate that he has control over Werewolves, him not being attacked demonstrates nothing but that they are more likely to attack different species. Dracula outright told Werewolves to do his bidding and they did. And yes, William and Michael are ordinary men with slightly special blood lol. Van Helsing was the left hand of God and an Archangel, gigantic difference.

4. It isn't the consensus, when Marcus died his line didn't, plus it wasn't stated that his line would die, but that all Vampires would. It seems you are using lore from only one side. You seem to be happy to mix the lore where it suits the Underworld characters but you pretend like it doesn't exist when it doesn't haha.

5. You say Marcus, William and Michael don't have to answer to Dracula? And Marcus, Michael and Victor would survive his death? Then I refuse to accept that Hybrids and biological Werewolves can do any damage to Dracula, because they can't.

1) Are you kidding me? Both of them were leading massive groups of werewolves. Lucian especially was able to use them as a disciplined army.

2) That doesn't mean he can do it to every single werewolf. He kept a cure around for a reason. For all we know plenty of werewolves escaped his control and he killed them.

3) William wasn't just "not attacked" by them, they were following him because he was the Alpha before Lucian took over. Yea "special blood" that gave them MASSIVE super powers. "Van Helsing was the left hand of God" he didn't really show much of that power up until the end of the movie.

4) It IS the consensus. Not every story has that rule but every time it is brought up, it's always been the rule; death of a head vampire only effects his own bloodline. Marcus's death didn't effect his bloodline because they wanted a sequel, the idea that killing the two Corvinuses would cause both species to go extinct was brought up at several points in the movie. In fact, it tied into the entire reason why William was kept a live when he was captured in the first place (Viktor wanted his werewolf slaves).

5) Those two things are completely unrelated.

TheKing47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zetsumoto:

Respond to my edit as well, then I'll give a full response

Zetsu-San

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By Zetsu-San

@theking47: Edit: I forgot to mention that Velkan has similar blood to Corvinus, he is a descendant of Valerious the Elder, father of Dracula. And yes Valerious bloodline is also special, as they made a pact with God for salvation of their bloodlines. Yet Velkan was helpless in resisting Dracula's control.

That's interesting. I think he might have some control over Michael (though being a hybrid means he doesn't have the same weaknesses as either of the two, but he does have their strengths). However, if we were to use Valerious the Elder as a Corvinus equivalent, that would put William and Marcus (also a hybrid) around the same level as Dracula.

Furthermore Marcus isn't just a hybrid now, he's also an original vampire. As I said, we are getting into a lot of speculation here, and it's really up to the OP what each character is allowed to do.

TheKing47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zetsumoto:

I'm going to leave the debate here, starting to fall behind on my essays lol.

But yeah, I think there is too much speculation on what each set of characters can and can't do because the characters are kind of simila. Not as easy to pit these sorts of characters against each other a since they have weaknesses that may or may not overlap.

But anyway, based off pure physicality I just prefer the Van Helsing characters, more specifically the Werewolf. Seemed very, very powerful to me, more so than any other character here.

Zetsu-San

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zetsumoto:

I'm going to leave the debate here, starting to fall behind on my essays lol.

It's 6:17 AM. I stayed up with the specific reason of working on essays. I didn't even start... -_-

Stimul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Somebody else?

the_wspanialy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 the_wspanialy  Online

I'm way too lazy to rewatch Van Helsing, Blade trilogy and Underworld saga do I'll take a wild guess and say team Nomak wins.

• Drake should be a clear MVP. Killing him required a plot device (virus) which neither memeber of team Corvinus has. Plus, he's a very skilled fighter and has monstrous physicals.
  • Nomak's plot armor might not be as strong as Drake's but he's still tough AF, very skilled fighter (he gained the upper hand against Blade in h2h) and he has potential to one-shot any member of team Corvinus with his parasitic bite.
  • William (and maybe Michael) would one-shot Dracula due to his alergie to lycantrophy but is he able to bite him in the first place? Dracula seems to be overall more physically powerful. Plus, too many users here treat Dracula as an idiot. The creation of anti-lycantrophy serum shows that Dracula is aware of his own limitations. What's stoping him from avoiding William and engaging someone else? With this kind of backup he can allow himself to be picky.
  • Victor is a weak link and ultimately drags his team down. He loses to enyone on team Nomak.

@king_crimson care to add something mate?

Jooosh1996

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Team 1

Stimul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think you're guys underrate viktor. He beat the living crap out of Michael (who went all out against him) and stomped a Lycan with one hand.

Also Selene stated that Viktor was the "strongest of us all" and since she most likely saw Marcus at one point for his potion of the ruling period, she must know how powerful he is.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e694730381df
deactivated-5e694730381df

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Replace Viktor with Selene and William with Quint. That’s a better fight

Jooosh1996

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Coronavirus....I mean Corvinus.

RaIdeN-007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Since the battle is taking place in the which is an open place, once the sun rises, it is an automatic game over for both victor and nomak. Unless if they're fighting during the evening/night time. Williams will be enough to beat Dracula, then join up with Michael to tear drake apart. And all of them will team up against Helsing

RaIdeN-007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Since the battle is taking place in the bush which is an open place, once the sun rises, it is an automatic game over for both victor and nomak. Unless if they're fighting during the evening/night time. Williams will be enough to beat Dracula, then join up with Michael to tear drake apart. And all of them will team up against Helsing