TheOneWhoKnows

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By TheOneWhoKnows

FIRST ROUND: Their kid hero id's, Robin vs. Bucky

ROUND TWO: Nightwing vs. Winter Soldier, NO GEAR (Strictly Hand to Hand)

ROUND THREE: As their mentor's id's (Batman vs. Captain America)

ROUND FOUR: Nightwing vs. Winter Soldier, EVERTHING GOES

Pre AND N52 feats for Nightwing are allowed. All rounds are random encounters. First three rounds, Morals On-I want a nice, clean (as possible) fight; Last round, morals OFF. Ready? BEGIN!

darkbeam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bucky all round's.

TheOneWhoKnows

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darkbeam, you have GOT to be kidding!!! ALL rounds??!! Uh, NO!

darkbeam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By darkbeam
TheOneWhoKnows

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ummm---that was somewhat amusing (uh, no it wasn't-actually non-sensical). @darkbeam, you have GOT to be intentionally trolling, or simply have no idea of Grayson's feats; just go with that.

Ultragreenboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dick

Dick

Dick

Unsure

darkbeam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theonewhoknows: Or maybe you don't know Buckys feats let me ask you something have you ever read a comic with Winter Soldier in it please be honest because im not trolling and how about you tell me how each round turns out in your opinion.

Comicdude360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@ultragreenboy: round four is probaly Bucky he'd use his equipment more ruthlessly unlike dick who prefers to use his acrobatics in combat.

Ultragreenboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@comicdude360: I agree.

I haven't seen much fights with a morals off Nightwing.

Comicdude360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TheOneWhoKnows

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darkbeam, I have INDEED read Winter Soldier comics, dating back to when he was Bucky (when I first became a fan) to his return as the Winter Soldier, to his adventures in the Avengers; . I like him a lot, always have. But I know Grayson' s feats as well---and that's why I know there is NO WAY ol' Bucky can wipe out Nightwing in a four round SWEEP!! I'm willing to be convinced, however; why and/or what feats has Barnes performed that makes you think he can just WALK ALL OVER Grayson?

darkbeam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By darkbeam

@darkbeam, I have INDEED read Winter Soldier comics, dating back to when he was Bucky (when I first became a fan) to his return as the Winter Soldier, to his adventures in the Avengers; . I like him a lot, always have. But I know Grayson' s feats as well---and that's why I know there is NO WAY ol' Bucky can wipe out Nightwing in a four round SWEEP!! I'm willing to be convinced, however; why and/or what feats has Barnes performed that makes you think he can just WALK ALL OVER Grayson?

Cool but I never said he walks all over him I just said he wins all round's.But do you really think Dick can take on some of the people Bucky has? that includes Wolverine,Steve Rogers,Iron Man,Daredevil,Punisher,and Clint Barton and like I said earlier how do you think each round goes?

Avatar image for omniawesomeness
OmniAwesomeness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Squirrel girl

TheOneWhoKnows

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By TheOneWhoKnows

@darkbeam, yes I DO think Nightwing can take on some of the people Bucky has, since he: as a CHILD in the graphic novel mini-series Robin: Year One, defeated the first Blockbuster; in New Teen Titans issue 4, defeated Hal Jordan Green Lantern (wrapped his yellow cape around the ring, neutralizing it, then knocked Hal the %&!* out with a vicious savate kick; in a flashback in Nightwing issue 101, first series, defeated Clayface-a villian who has stalemated a whole TEAM of Outsiders that included Geo-force and Black Lightning, and battled Super-girl toe to toe (and notice, I haven't even gotten to his ADULT feats yet!) To skip ahead, 'cause going through even his TEEN-AGE feats would take a long time-stalemated Cassie Cain until Alfred broke up the fight in Outsiders issue 8, second series; in Battle for the Cowl issue 3, defeated the Red Hood (who I think is more than a match for the Punisher, and may be a bit more diabolical) despite Todd having prep, despite being doused with Scarecrow's fear toxin, electrocuted, and taking bat tranquillizers TO THE FACE; and in a long, bloody, brutal fight that left the Bat cave in SHAMBLES, fought Batman to an absolute draw in Nightwing issue 30, second series. There's more, but I think that makes the point for now. As for the rounds-Robin, 6/10 (if Bucky got to his military weapons, things could get sticky, but then again Robin had been facing people with guns since his FIRST ADVENTURES, so...in round 2, gotta give the edge to Grayson; if Barnes had the super soldier enhancement like his mentor, it might be a different story; round 3, complete toss-up, I honestly can't make a decision; round 4, I think Grayson's CONTINUOUS battle experience (Bucky, between missions, was always put back into the deep freeze; it's only in MODERN times that he has been continuously fighting) gives him a narrow victory. That's basically my take.

Ultragreenboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Night4345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#16  Edited By Night4345

Bucky all rounds except maybe round 1 (haven't read much of Bucky's adventures as a kid).

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#17 god_spawn  Moderator

Bucky sweeps.

TheOneWhoKnows

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@night4345, @god_spawn---until and/or unless you give specific reasons or feats as to why Bucky would win 3 out of 4 (or worse, SWEEP?!?!) that many rounds, I'm going to be generous and just figure you are not fully aware of Grayson's feats through the years.

Bat_Girl_CC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

Round 1: Bucky

Round 2: Nightwing

Round 3: Nightwing/Batman

Round 4: could go either way...probably Bucky.

TheOneWhoKnows

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A split decision, @bat_girl_cc That's fair---although, because of his edge in CONTINUOUS, uninterrupted fighting, I would always give the nod to Nightwing.

Bat_Girl_CC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

A split decision, @bat_girl_cc That's fair---although, because of his edge in CONTINUOUS, uninterrupted fighting, I would always give the nod to Nightwing.

Yeah, but Bucky's gear, might give him the win, on Round 4

TheOneWhoKnows

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batgirl_, that's true. It's just that I've seen Nightwing handle so many people with lots of gear, including KGBeast, Shrike (who, a WEAKENED Grayson had to rescue the formidable Black Canary from), the Red Hood (who Nightwing managed to defeat despite Jason having prep when Nightwing didn't, and by Jason being electrocuted, gassed by Scarecrow's fear toxin and taking Bat tranquilizers to the face) and---but then again, you made it clear that it could go either way, and Winter Soldier is highly skilled so---I guess your assessment is fair.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#24 god_spawn  Moderator

@theonewhoknows: Why claim me ignorant even though I didn't post any reasons? The only thing Bucky doesn't have on Nightwing would be agility and some versatility, but that doesn't mean it gives him a major edge given Bucky's own assortment of weaponry. I never said Bucky would stomp him, but he sweeps as he clears all rounds. I think Bucky has a better track record against higher skilled opponents in Marvel than Grayson has in DC. He is stronger in his left arm, and I'd say it would be faster, and his own suit provides protection.

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Nightwing, cuz pressure points.

Z___

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nightwing, cuz pressure points.

Bucky is trained in dem pressure points too I believe.

Z'

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@z___: I've never seen his feats for that. Scans? Or Gtfo! :)

patrat18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

^lol

patrat18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Round 2 goes to Dick.

Z___

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Z___

@z___: I've never seen his feats for that. Scans? Or Gtfo! :)

He doesn't have very many feats for them, but he has knowledge on them. And Bucky's suit is impact resistant and he has a metal arm NW is not aware of.

A scan from SlimJD78 from another thread:

I know we're trying to forget the pressure point thing, but I just wanted to throw this in there as a cool fact. Here it's revealed that Bucky knows Russian Systema, a martial art built off of joint manipulation and guess what, pressure points. This whole martial art is built off of pressure points. You can go and read up on it and or watch videos.

No Caption Provided

Z'

TheOneWhoKnows

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Blasted real life interfering in my comic battles debating time! @god_spawn, I think the level of competition that Grayson has stalemated or defeated-skilled (Cheshire, Ra's Al Ghul, Azrael, Cassandra Cain, Shrike, KGBeast, Matatoa, Batman) super-strong (Gorilla Grodd, both Blockbusters, Hawk, Man-bat) and super powered (Green Lantern Hal Jordan, Dr. Light, the Gargoyle, Dr. Phosphorous, Clayface) more than matches up to opponents Barnes has faced. @z___, Bucky's metal arm won't do any good if Nightwing is too fast, acrobatic and agile to be hit by it.

TheOneWhoKnows

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ultragreenboy, @comicdude360, I know of at least two instances of Nightwing fighting bloodlusted: as a teen Robin, blowing by tough, super strong Branx warriors (that even his Titan teamate Cyborg had to strain to knock out, even though he was sucker punching them) and alien Gordanian Slavers during the "Starfire vs. Blackfire Saga" in New Teen Titans issues 20-25 and New Teen Titans annual 1. Grayson was enraged by the condition his soon to be girlfriend Starfire was in, and used his speed, agility, and fighting prowess to dis-arm them and take them out with their own weapons; and in Nightwing issue 91, first series, defeated Shrike (a villian skilled enough to defeat and capture Black Canary, who a weakend Nightwing managed to save from Shrike and defeat him in Nighttwing issue 58, first series). Grayson beat him bad and left him as a warning to Blockbuster.

Ultragreenboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ultragreenboy, @comicdude360, I know of at least two instances of Nightwing fighting bloodlusted: as a teen Robin, blowing by tough, super strong Branx warriors (that even his Titan teamate Cyborg had to strain to knock out, even though he was sucker punching them) and alien Gordanian Slavers during the "Starfire vs. Blackfire Saga" in New Teen Titans issues 20-25 and New Teen Titans annual 1. Grayson was enraged by the condition his soon to be girlfriend Starfire was in, and used his speed, agility, and fighting prowess to dis-arm them and take them out with their own weapons; and in Nightwing issue 91, first series, defeated Shrike (a villian skilled enough to defeat and capture Black Canary, who a weakend Nightwing managed to save from Shrike and defeat him in Nighttwing issue 58, first series). Grayson beat him bad and left him as a warning to Blockbuster.

I remember him stomping shrike in another fight

Jacthripper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bucky ftw

Avatar image for deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e
deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bucky stomps every round

Drew_Tan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

1. Dick

2. Bucky

3. Dick

4. Depends on the environment and the gear they are sporting. Could go either way i feel.

Avatar image for captain_batman_ftw
captain_batman_FTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Round 1: Nightwing

Round 2: Nightwing, he has superior H2H combat in my opinion, he stalemated batman in nightwing #30.

Round 3: probably Bucky from what I have heard.

Round 4: Nightwing, his agility and superior H2H should give him the win. Again, Bucky can try and shoot Nightwing all he wants, but Nightwing would keep dodging them.

Avatar image for captain_batman_ftw
captain_batman_FTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darkbeam: Nightwing would defeat Hawkeye and Punisher. He would lose to Wolverine and Daredevil after a good fight, but Iron Man would win instantly.

The feat where Bucky goes toe-to-toe with Iron Man is bad writing knowing that Tony could just blast him into oblivion.

Avatar image for theamazingimmortalman
TheAmazingImmortalMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

1. Robin
  2. Nightwing
  3. Captain America
  4. Winter Soldier
DarthManhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By DarthManhunter

Nightwing, Bucky, Bucky, Tough one could go either way.

TheOneWhoKnows

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By TheOneWhoKnows

@i_like_swords you must also like being WRONG---there is NO WAY Bucky "stomps" Nightwing. @captain_batman_ftw I generally agree with your assessment of the Nightwing/Winter Soldier battles, with a couple of notable exceptions. In responding to @darkbeam, you mentioned that Nightwing would "lose to Wolverine and DD in a tough fight". Actually, Nightwing would DEFEAT Murdock. He trumps him in agility/acrobatics (DC's acknowledged NON-SUPER POWERED master in this category) gear (his modified batarangs ALONE stalemates DD's billy club, his FULL arsenal is curb stomping) and AT LEAST matches Murdock in fighting skills-has defeated or stalemated Cheshire (Electra's equal) Ra's Al Ghul, Azrael, Cassandra Cain, Shrike, KGBeast, Matatoa and Batman (in a long, brutal, bloody battle that left the Batcave in shambles, fought his mentor to an absolute draw)-and level of competition (Grayson has DEFEATED super-powered opponents ranging from Hal Jordan Green Lantern, Gorilla Grodd, both Blockbusters, the Gargoyle, Dr Phosphorous, Man-bat, Clayface, and many, many more-many of them well before he reached his 18th birthday). When you consider the fact that Grayson was a battle-worn VETERAN while Matt was still in law school-well before he even put on his costume-and I have no problem WHATSOVER saying Nightwing could beat him!

As for Wolverine, in a random encounter, it's true, Logan defeats Grayson. But if Grayson has prep, I believe his odds improve to 50/50. Among his many feats in this area: With limited prep time, defeated the super strong, mystical Gargoyle-a creature that had enthralled Grayson's SUPER-POWERED teammates-in the Gargoyle's own realm of Limbo in Teen Titans issue 14, first series; in Outsiders-Five Of A Kind, defeated the superspeedster/boomerang expert Captain Boomerang Jr.; and actually OVERRULED (that prep master himself) Batman's plan to take down the Fearsome Five-in particular Psimon-with one of his own and, directing both the Titans AND Outsiders, said plan worked to perfection in Outsiders issue 5, first series; this prep feat convinced Batman he was now his own man. If Grayson-while still a TEENAGER-can come up with a plan that defeats a TEAM consisting of a powerful Telepath, a super strong, nigh-invulnerable behometh, a matter manipulator, a light forms controller, and a tech master who's-well, GIZMOS-rival anything Batman has come up with, I'm comfortable saying as an ADULT, he can come up with something to stop ONE MAN, even one as formidable as Wolverine. I know this was long, but I wanted to point out Nightwing's attributes; I think all to often, he is lowballed by far too many people.

Flash_PHOBIA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nightwing all rounds, he is way better trained than Winter Soldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theonewhoknows: Nightwing isn't dodging bullets lol he's only human. Bucky shoots him and stomps

xDOOMGUYx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By xDOOMGUYx

Round 1: I'd say Night wing AKA robin just because even if they were equal in fighting Robin has an advantage with gadgets.

Round 2: Gotta go with Winter Soldier. From what I've seen his h2h skills are impressive and even if Nightwing is slightly more skilled I'm sure Bucky could make up for this with his bionic arm

Round 3: Not sure but leaning towards Bucky Cap

Round 4: Winter soldier. He'll be aiming to kill and has h2h skills very comparable to Nightwing plus (again) the bionic arm advantage.

Nice battle by the way

slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By slimj87d

Dick has more feats as Robin than Bucky as Bucky. Ionno, Bucky kills though. Has less morals.

Bucky takes the rest of the rounds. The guy can catch and throw Hawkeyes arrows shot from behind him. He's shot our Hawkeye and DD projectiles in mid air. He's cut Hawkeye arrow out in midair. There's nothing Dick can really throw at Bucky that Bucky doesn't have the means to deal with it. Hell catch, block, throw back or shoot whatever dick throws at him in midair.

H2h,Bucky has the advantage again. Willing to stab and harm dick, dick has no answer to the metal arm. Bucky's suits are bullets proof and impact resistant, dicks isn't metal arm resistant meaning it won't protect him from a arm that can rip Ironman face mask off.

This thread sums it up.

http://www.comicvine.com/forums/battles-7/cav-winter-soldier-veshark-vs-nightwing-comicstoog-1511324/

Avatar image for transformers1024
Transformers1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Dick slaps in hand to hand.

random_nerd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darkbeam: that meme was amazing but no not even close.

TheOneWhoKnows

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@i_like_swords, I think you're confusing me with @captain_batman_ftw I didn't say anything about dodging bullets; but (a)in many of the rounds, as per OP, Bucky doesn't get access to guns so him shooting anyone is moot; (b) Grayson has been facing people with guns going back to his childhood-Boss Zucco and goons, the guy(s) responsible for taking out Grayson's parents-to professional gun toting criminals and assassins ranging from Stallion to Red Hood (who I think is a bit more diabolical than Barnes) to KGBeast to Lady Vic to Vigilante to Deathstroke---and Grayson's STILL HERE. If you think someone who's faced MULTIPLE killers with guns and survived is just going to be run over by Barnes (what, do you think Winter Soldier's guns are somehow more "special" than the others???) than you are in WILLFULLY BLIND fan boy mode, and worthy of being dis missed if you continue to use that as the end-all, be-all of why you claim Barnes would defeat Grayson. (The very fact that you think Bucky could "stomp" Grayson is reason enough why your opinion should be summarily dismissed). Oh, and Captain_Batman_FTW, one more thing about Nightwing possibly beating Wolverine (hope you read my earlier comments concerning this matter) in Nightwing issue 8 first series, Nightwing took down Talon, a highly trained super human assassin with a healing factor; in a down and dirty melee combat, Nightwing finally beat him by impaling his escrima stick inside Talon's brain, disabling the healing factor.

Oh, and @xdoomguyx (thanks for the compliment on this battle) and @slimj87d ---Nightwing has faced people with weapons for arms (KGBeast), THE most powerful weapon on the person's finger (Hal Jordan Green Lantern) and people who's WHOLE BODIES are weapons (Clayface and the lethaly radioactive Dr. Phosphorous), not to mention some of the most deranged and vicious killers ever (Gorilla Grodd, the Joker, Red Hood, etc., etc.)---AND BEAT THEM ALL!!! You all REALLY have to stop low-balling Grayson so OUTRAGEOUSLY!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theonewhoknows: All you've done in other rounds is make it easier for Bucky to win. A metal arm which can destroy concrete and deflect bullets, and an indestructible shield? Grayson either gets shot by an incredible marksman, or gets his torso opened wide. I don't even like Winter Soldier, if anyone is going raging fanboy mode it's the guy painting the threads with walls of text and caps.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Bucky every round besides 1.