• 92 results
#1 Edited by Arcus1 (27546 posts) - - Show Bio

Nightwing:

No Caption Provided

VS

Elektra:

No Caption Provided

I know there's some older versions of this battle, but my set up will be different? So when Batman's protege takes on the Hand's assassin, who will win?

Composite pre/post Flashpoint feats for Nightwing are valid.

Assume Elektra's depowered (I believe she almost never uses her powers anyway)

Round 1:

EDIT: Nightwing has standard gear. Elektra is unarmed.

Fight takes place in a warehouse with limited lighting. Starting distance is 10 feet

Victory by ko

Round 2:

Standard gear for both

Fight takes place in an urban environment at night. Starting distance is 50 feet

Victory by ko or death

Round 3:

Both are dropped in a random city (unfamiliar to both). Each is aware that the other is in the city, but unaware of the exact location. They each have a basic description of each other, but no information beyond that.

Whoever manages to locate and defeat the other first wins.

To make things more interesting, Elektra can have assistance from Hand ninjas (not an army or anything, but they can act as scouts/backup). Dick has assistance from Barbara Gordon (who can act as Oracle or Batgirl)

The idea of this round was to test Elektra's assassination abilities against Dick's detective/prep skills, not sure if it works so I'm open to changing it (initially didn't have ninjas and Barbara involved, but I wanted to make it different)

Who wins?

#2 Posted by ANTHP2000 (24069 posts) - - Show Bio
  1. I'll give an an edge to Elektra due to her borderline superhuman striking.
  2. Dick in an excellent fight. Not only is he about as good as her in melee, stat and skill wise, he has much better equipment.
  3. Could go either way, there's many variables. On the one hand, Oracle is much better assistance than any amount of Hand Ninjas in a search and destroy scenario, but on the other, Dick's not taking on Elektra with assistance, and I feel like it could quickly get in a straight up fight, since both of them are on a similar level of stealth.
#3 Posted by Arcus1 (27546 posts) - - Show Bio

@anthp2000: what would you think if the last round was just Dick and Elektra with no assistance? That would remove some variables, but I wasn't sure if that would simply result in them not ever really being able to track and pin each other down

#4 Posted by ANTHP2000 (24069 posts) - - Show Bio
@arcus1 said:

@anthp2000: what would you think if the last round was just Dick and Elektra with no assistance? That would remove some variables, but I wasn't sure if that would simply result in them not ever really being able to track and pin each other down

Stealth should be equal, they've both sneaked up on the likes of Batman and Daredevil, as well as detected them, in the past. There are more skills in the art of assassination though, and Elektra's more well trained there (Dick's not really a trained killer to the same degree). However, I'd argue for him being more tactical, and he definitely has better tech. Again, I feel like it could go either way, with no real way to say. If you put a gun in my mouth, I'll say that Dick's advantages marginally outweight Elektra's.

Great matchup either way.

#5 Posted by King-Ragnar (3284 posts) - - Show Bio

Elektra first two rounds, Grayson takes the third due superior assistance.

#6 Posted by ANTHP2000 (24069 posts) - - Show Bio
Avatar image for blackpantherisb
#7 Posted by blackpantherisb (6642 posts) - - Show Bio

Elektra in both rounds.

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
#8 Posted by AllStarSuperman (42655 posts) - - Show Bio

Daredevil is above Elektra and Death Battle proved that’s Nightwing beats Matt.

#9 Posted by Warlockmage (8505 posts) - - Show Bio

Daredevil is above Elektra and Death Battle proved that’s Nightwing beats Matt.

Death Battle also said Rogue beats Wonder Woman... and by proxy Captain Marvel beats Wonder Woman...

am i a good debater yet

#10 Posted by Nathaniel_Adam (3703 posts) - - Show Bio

Nightwing all rounds

Bullets deflections doesn't mean much when you're fighting a stick fighter.

Avatar image for supremegeneration
#11 Posted by SupremeGeneration (10660 posts) - - Show Bio

Elektra steamrolls the first two in borderline one-sided fights. Toss up R3.

#12 Posted by Hiddenstorm (240 posts) - - Show Bio

Round one: Elektra

Round Two: Dick

Round Three: Elektra

#13 Posted by ANTHP2000 (24069 posts) - - Show Bio

I always felt like Dick was underrated. He does have some inconsistencies, esspecially considering he's in 2-3 reboots, but so does Elektra and most 616 street levellers.

#14 Posted by JOVIOLMA (4926 posts) - - Show Bio

Elektra seems more impressive IMO.

Avatar image for _kingoflatveria
#15 Posted by _KingofLatveria (18365 posts) - - Show Bio

#16 Posted by Nefarious (35643 posts) - - Show Bio

Round 1: Elektra doesn't have many unarmed combat feats but she should be better than Richard.

Round 2: Elektra has better armed combat feats overall than Grayson.

Round 3: In this scenario, Oracle will be a big asset to Richard. She will provide him with feedback/information about the threats in the random city.

#17 Posted by comic_book_fan (10821 posts) - - Show Bio

my money is on elektra but it's interesting

#18 Posted by Arcus1 (27546 posts) - - Show Bio

@supremegeneration said:

Why do you think they're one-sided?

Round 1: Elektra doesn't have many unarmed combat feats but she should be better than Richard.

Round 2: Elektra has better armed combat feats overall than Grayson.

Round 3: In this scenario, Oracle will be a big asset to Richard. She will provide him with feedback/information about the threats in the random city.

What would you think of unarmred Elektra vs armed Grayson?

#19 Posted by Batvibe12 (5390 posts) - - Show Bio
  1. Elektra
  2. Elektra
  3. Nightwing
#20 Posted by geekryan (3473 posts) - - Show Bio

1. I'll give an an edge to Elektra due to her borderline superhuman striking.
  2. Dick in an excellent fight. Not only is he about as good as her in melee, stat and skill wise, he has much better equipment.
  3. Could go either way, there's many variables. On the one hand, Oracle is much better assistance than any amount of Hand Ninjas in a search and destroy scenario, but on the other, Dick's not taking on Elektra with assistance, and I feel like it could quickly get in a straight up fight, since both of them are on a similar level of stealth.

Pretty much this.

Avatar image for originalcaptain
#21 Posted by OriginalCaptain (4633 posts) - - Show Bio

Elektra all rounds. Not really close.

#22 Posted by Arcus1 (27546 posts) - - Show Bio
Avatar image for hurricanefunnel
#23 Posted by hurricanefunnel (2117 posts) - - Show Bio
#24 Posted by TitanConsumed (352 posts) - - Show Bio

^^

#25 Posted by Arcus1 (27546 posts) - - Show Bio

Edited the OP so that the first round is now Grayson with gear vs an unarmed Elektra, since so many people were saying Elektra wins or even stomps

#26 Edited by Nathaniel_Adam (3703 posts) - - Show Bio

@arcus1 said:

Edited the OP so that the first round is now Grayson with gear vs an unarmed Elektra, since so many people were saying Elektra wins or even stomps

Because have of those people talk non-sense, WADR. That's in every way not true. Just lack of knowledge on him.

#27 Posted by KrleAvenger (26122 posts) - - Show Bio

@anthp2000: Like most people said, I think Elektra wins first two rounds, but loses the third one.

#28 Edited by Nefarious (35643 posts) - - Show Bio

@arcus1: Elektra will disarm Grayson via breaking his wrists if she gets the chance.

#29 Posted by Gracetrack (4608 posts) - - Show Bio

Nightwing all rounds.

#30 Posted by Chimeroid (9178 posts) - - Show Bio

Round 1:

EDIT: Nightwing has standard gear. Elektra is unarmed.

Fight takes place in a warehouse with limited lighting. Starting distance is 10 feet

Victory by ko

Nightwing beats her with relative ease.

Round 2:

Standard gear for both

Fight takes place in an urban environment at night. Starting distance is 50 feet

Victory by ko or death

Good fight that can go either way. Nightwings gear advantage can and will give him a majority. He has to work hard for it tho.

Round 3:

Both are dropped in a random city (unfamiliar to both). Each is aware that the other is in the city, but unaware of the exact location. They each have a basic description of each other, but no information beyond that.

To make things more interesting, Elektra can have assistance from Hand ninjas (not an army or anything, but they can act as scouts/backup). Dick has assistance from Barbara Gordon (who can act as Oracle or Batgirl)

Oracle finds Electra in about 5 minutes flat. Then, it's the repeat of the second round.

#31 Posted by Arcus1 (27546 posts) - - Show Bio

@arcus1: Elektra will disarm Grayson via breaking his wrists if she gets the chance.

Think she'll get that chance?

Nightwing all rounds.

Any reasons?

#32 Posted by Nefarious (35643 posts) - - Show Bio

Most likely. If Grayson does not take her seriously, she will.

@arcus1 said:
@nefarious said:

Think she'll get that chance?

@gracetrack said:

Nightwing all rounds.

Any reasons?

#33 Posted by Michaelbn (1930 posts) - - Show Bio

@allstarsuperman: yeah and by saying he's a satellite and originate microwave signals, GENIUS.

Nightwing all rounds with some difficulty however.

#34 Posted by dami24434 (4261 posts) - - Show Bio

elektra all rounds ,better striking power,skill ,speed etc

Avatar image for originalcaptain
#35 Edited by OriginalCaptain (4633 posts) - - Show Bio

@arcus1:

Stronger, faster, more skilled &has two potential one shot weapons in her hands.

Dick has better gear and that’s about it.

#36 Posted by jay_z94 (7819 posts) - - Show Bio

@chimeroid: @nathaniel_adam: How is Nightwing winning the first two rounds when Elektra has beaten Taskmaster and has gotten the upper hand against Iron Fist and Wolverine? Dick is out-classed here.

OT: Elektra wins the first 2 rounds, the 3rd round can go either way but I'm leaning towards Nightwing due to him having better assistance.

#37 Posted by Chimeroid (9178 posts) - - Show Bio

@jay_z94:

First round - She is unarmed and he is wearing armor and a lot of weapons

Second Round - Explaining this will explain the first round too. Nightwing packs a lot of very useful gear. Heck, i am not even sure what she can do about his huge aoe electricity attack

No Caption Provided

#38 Edited by Gracetrack (4608 posts) - - Show Bio

@nefarious said:

@arcus1 said:
@gracetrack said:

Nightwing all rounds.

Any reasons?

Truth be told, I think this is a match that could go either way (all rounds). Was hoping my comment would spark some interest and maybe encourage Nightwing supporters to bring some heat, because I don't at all think it's a stomp for either character.

Nightwing totally has the tools, skills, and stats to edge out a win in each round.

#39 Posted by ANTHP2000 (24069 posts) - - Show Bio

@jay_z94:

when Elektra has beaten Taskmaster

when?

#40 Posted by KrleAvenger (26122 posts) - - Show Bio

@jay_z94:

when?

In Elektra Vol. 1 #7, where Taskmaster stomped her by adapting to Daredevil's fighting style. The only reason why she defeated him was because during their second fight in the same issue, Tony decided to literally do the exact same thing, and Elektra, being a skilled figher she is, didn't fall for the same trick the second time.

#41 Posted by ANTHP2000 (24069 posts) - - Show Bio

@anthp2000 said:

@jay_z94:

when?

In Elektra Vol. 1 #7, where Taskmaster stomped her by adapting to Daredevil's fighting style. The only reason why she defeated him was because during their second fight in the same issue, Tony decided to literally do the exact same thing, and Elektra, being a skilled figher she is, didn't fall for the same trick the second time.

That makes sense, I don't think it's something that would give her a definite win over Dick.

#42 Posted by dami24434 (4261 posts) - - Show Bio

@Chemeroid: elektra have electricity attacks too via her sais.

#43 Posted by King-Ragnar (3284 posts) - - Show Bio

@jay_z94:

How is Nightwing winning the first two rounds when Elektra has beaten Taskmaster

I'm pretty sure Elektra beating Tony is a massive outlier.

#44 Posted by TitanConsumed (352 posts) - - Show Bio

I was impressed by elektra's showing against bullseye,but I think night wing wins imo

Avatar image for ancient_0f_days
#45 Posted by Ancient_0f_Days (17141 posts) - - Show Bio

Electra is in no way more skilled or stronger than Nightwing, who has stalemated both Batman and Deathstroke.

#46 Posted by jay_z94 (7819 posts) - - Show Bio

@krleavenger said:
@anthp2000 said:

@jay_z94:

when?

That makes sense, I don't think it's something that would give her a definite win over Dick.

The fact that she adapted to Tony/Daredevil's style is pretty impressive by itself. Couple this with her ridiculous striking, speed and skill showings like getting the better of both Danny and Logan and beating Silver Samurai: I don't see her losing to Nightwing.

Avatar image for deutschkurzhaar
#47 Posted by DeutschKurzhaar (1170 posts) - - Show Bio

This has been done plenty of times with Matt vs night wing, matt wins every time. Elektra is no different, yeah maybe I little under matt, still better than nightwing

#48 Posted by jay_z94 (7819 posts) - - Show Bio

@jay_z94:

How is Nightwing winning the first two rounds when Elektra has beaten Taskmaster

I'm pretty sure Elektra beating Tony is a massive outlier.

It's not really an outlier, there's just some context behind it

#49 Edited by jay_z94 (7819 posts) - - Show Bio

@ancient_0f_days said:

Electra is in no way more skilled or stronger than Nightwing, who has stalemated both Batman and Deathstroke.

Batman holds back against Dick and getting the better of both Danny, Logan and beating Taskmaster who is using Daredevil's fighting style is better than stalemating Deathstroke. Not to mention that Elektra is faster than Dick.