FinalStar86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#151  Edited By FinalStar86
@spidey 15 said:
" @ThaMessenger07: IMO, DD is slight more agile and he is actually better fighter. =] "
I would say Daredevil is more agile since he has a greater sense of equilibrium, although I would consider Grayson a better acrobat since he's been doing it since he was a child.
spidey 15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#152  Edited By spidey 15
@FinalStar86: Maybe. 
=]
FinalStar86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#153  Edited By FinalStar86
@thegentlemanrogue said:
" @FinalStar86 said:
" @velle37: He isn't, Gentlemenrogue also thinks that Daredevil is more skilled then Black Panther and that Captain America is more skilled then Lady Shiva and Richard Dragon, basically he simply believes what he wants to believe vs what's exactly true and in continuity "
Actually I think Iron Fist and Shang Chi are more skilled than Shiva and Dragon, and acknowledge that Cap has been stated on panel as being better than one of those two, and strongly suggest he was better than other by his own rogue gallery.  DD is more skilled than Panther though, so you got that right. "
Actually you would be wrong about that, and who exactly acknowledge Cap being better? 
Uh no, he really isn't, Daredevil isn't more skilled then Panther is, strip them of their gear and equalized their stats and Panther would beat Matt on skill alone.
k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#154  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator
@FinalStar86 said:
"Oh I'm not in anyway saying that Grayson wins, although he would give Daredevil a hard fight pre Shadow Land I see Matt taking it in the end.  "

Second.
Avatar image for thegentlemanrogue
thegentlemanrogue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@FinalStar86 said:
" @thegentlemanrogue said:
" @FinalStar86 said:
" @velle37: He isn't, Gentlemenrogue also thinks that Daredevil is more skilled then Black Panther and that Captain America is more skilled then Lady Shiva and Richard Dragon, basically he simply believes what he wants to believe vs what's exactly true and in continuity "
Actually I think Iron Fist and Shang Chi are more skilled than Shiva and Dragon, and acknowledge that Cap has been stated on panel as being better than one of those two, and strongly suggest he was better than other by his own rogue gallery.  DD is more skilled than Panther though, so you got that right. "
Actually you would be wrong about that, and who exactly acknowledge Cap being better?  Uh no, he really isn't, Daredevil isn't more skilled then Panther is, strip them of their gear and equalized their stats and Panther would beat Matt on skill alone. "
Cap said he was a better fighter straight to Iron Fists face, and I tend to take Cap's word at face value. 

Based on what exactly? Black Panther and DD have stalemated twice, and considering BP is pushing Captain America attributes he couldn't possibly be on par with Matt's skill or he would roll DD. Panther is stronger, faster and more durable than Matt. but Matt is more skilled. They have even been stated as being perfectly equal on the pages of the Avengers before.
FinalStar86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#156  Edited By FinalStar86
@thegentlemanrogue said:
" @FinalStar86 said:
" @FinalStar86 said:
Actually you would be wrong about that, and who exactly acknowledge Cap being better?  Uh no, he really isn't, Daredevil isn't more skilled then Panther is, strip them of their gear and equalized their stats and Panther would beat Matt on skill alone. "
Cap said he was a better fighter straight to Iron Fists face, and I tend to take Cap's word at face value.   Based on what exactly? Black Panther and DD have stalemated twice, and considering BP is pushing Captain America attributes he couldn't possibly be on par with Matt's skill or he would roll DD. Panther is stronger, faster and more durable than Matt. but Matt is more skilled. They have even been stated as being perfectly equal on the pages of the Avengers before. "
The only time that Panther and DD have stalemated was when Panther was under MC, every other time Panther held back on him. Panther is faster stronger more durable AND more skilled then Daredevil is.  He would generally beat Daredevil by outclassing him in every aspect just like Cap has.
ThaMessenger07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#157  Edited By ThaMessenger07
@FinalStar86:@spidey 15: 
I think DD is superior because of Equilibrium so agreed but I wouldn't say he is more Agile or at least not much more agile. 

@thegentlemanrogue: 
I have those Feats lol Usually I would fight Daredevil is better but I would have to say he isn't a better fighter because I don't think he brings enough Diversity to a fight against other Scrappers. Batman and Nightwing have Ninja Training, son nothing new there, they also have Boxing in fact boxing is the Default for most Scrappers so he brings nothing new to any of them in battle. If it wasn't for his agilities and senses I would put him on par as a fighter. Don't get me wrong he is but it is due to his unique abilities combined with his skills. If he could See I would say he would have to quit lol sorry my opinion. And I love DD. Still think he will win..
thegentlemanrogue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@FinalStar86 said:
" @FinalStar86 said:
" @FinalStar86 said:
Cap said he was a better fighter straight to Iron Fists face, and I tend to take Cap's word at face value.   Based on what exactly? Black Panther and DD have stalemated twice, and considering BP is pushing Captain America attributes he couldn't possibly be on par with Matt's skill or he would roll DD. Panther is stronger, faster and more durable than Matt. but Matt is more skilled. They have even been stated as being perfectly equal on the pages of the Avengers before. "
The only time that Panther and DD have stalemated was when Panther was under MC, every other time Panther held back on him. Panther is faster stronger more durable AND more skilled then Daredevil is.  He would generally beat Daredevil by outclassing him in every aspect just like Cap has. "
When Panther was MC, DD stated he had to hold back as well because the more he hurt T'Challa the more the MC tightened. As to who had the larger handicap, a MC Black Panther, or a restrained DD... well that is purely guess work. In DD 245 Daredevil and the advantage over Panther when the fight stopped, he dropped him with an axe-handle smash and went to pull the burning armor off some guy, and there was no indication that either Panther or DD was holding back, and in fact Panther is the one is instigated the fight.
velle37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#159  Edited By velle37
@thegentlemanrogue said:
" @FinalStar86 said:
" @FinalStar86 said:

What were the circumstances of BP's stalemates....... He really should not be in the same league as DD...... 

@thegentlemanrogue
said:
" @velle37 said:

"Even pre-Shadow Land the simple reality of the situation is that Nightwing is significantly outclassed. For all intensive purposes Daredevil is essentially Batman and Nigthwing in one package, he has the speed and agility of Nightwing, along with the strength and skill of Batman... and then super senses on top of it. I recognize that Dick has been upgraded a lot in the passed decade, that - among other things - he thinks he can beat Cassandra Cain in a fight eventually, but it wasn't so long ago that Batman showed definitively that Dick couldn't even land a single hit on him that he didn't allow. Nigthwing just quite isn't on the same level as the top tier street level MAs, and he isn't going to pose much of a problem for Daredevil. "

How is DD on Batman's level of skill?  Strength too? "
How is he not? He as pretty much identical feats of skill, and his pressure point feats are arguable superior. As for strength Matt has flipped over a limo, used a 400lbs barbell as a bo-staff than tossed it clear a cross a room. He is pushing peak human "

if DD has the strenght feats you say, then he's upthere.... But Bats has kicked through foot-thick steel doors........ 

DD is nowhere near bats in skill... He has speed agility reflexes and radar which usually give him an edge.... But Bats has the knowledge of hundreds of Martial Arts....
FinalStar86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#160  Edited By FinalStar86
@velle37: Daredevil's strength feats are way out of context, he's classified as Olympic level in terms of physical stats.  He's not peak.
thegentlemanrogue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@velle37 said:

" @FinalStar86 said:

" @FinalStar86 said:

What were the circumstances of BP's stalemates....... He really should not be in the same league as DD...... 

@thegentlemanrogue
said:

" @velle37 said:

"Even pre-Shadow Land the simple reality of the situation is that Nightwing is significantly outclassed. For all intensive purposes Daredevil is essentially Batman and Nigthwing in one package, he has the speed and agility of Nightwing, along with the strength and skill of Batman... and then super senses on top of it. I recognize that Dick has been upgraded a lot in the passed decade, that - among other things - he thinks he can beat Cassandra Cain in a fight eventually, but it wasn't so long ago that Batman showed definitively that Dick couldn't even land a single hit on him that he didn't allow. Nigthwing just quite isn't on the same level as the top tier street level MAs, and he isn't going to pose much of a problem for Daredevil. "

How is he not? He as pretty much identical feats of skill, and his pressure point feats are arguable superior. As for strength Matt has flipped over a limo, used a 400lbs barbell as a bo-staff than tossed it clear a cross a room. He is pushing peak human "
if DD has the strenght feats you say, then he's upthere.... But Bats has kicked through foot-thick steel doors........  DD is nowhere near bats in skill... He has speed agility reflexes and radar which usually give him an edge.... But Bats has the knowledge of hundreds of Martial Arts.... "
The circumstances behind BP defeat were that Matt is a better fighter than he is.

Daredevil has kicked down thick steel doors as well, pretty every street level hero has... it's not even worth bring up really.

Marvel has always left it kinda off ambiguous as to how my styles DD actually knows. Off the top of my head he knows Eskrima, Judo, Aikito and Jujutsu, and obviously Ninjutsu and boxing... but it has been pretty vague on just what Stick and the Chaste taught him. We know that Punisher is a master of dozens of different martial arts, and Daredevil as literally steam rolled Frank on different occasions. With that all said, knowing a large number of styles doesn't necessarily translate into being better than someone who has spent their life mastering one. 
thegentlemanrogue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@FinalStar86 said:

" @velle37: Daredevil's strength feats are way out of context, he's classified as Olympic level in terms of physical stats.  He's not peak. "

Handbooks are secondary canon companion pieces, they don't over rule primary canon source material.
ThaMessenger07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#163  Edited By ThaMessenger07
@velle37: 

"if DD has the strenght feats you say, then he's upthere.... But Bats has kicked through foot-thick steel doors........  DD is nowhere near bats in skill... He has speed agility reflexes and radar which usually give him an edge.... But Bats has the knowledge of hundreds of Martial Arts.... "
Agreed! Here are those Feats tho. DD is quite Strong. 

FinalStar86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#164  Edited By FinalStar86
@thegentlemanrogue: Handbooks are written by Marvel and they state what a character should be,  Most of Daredevils strength feats are massive PIS especially the limo flipping. 
thegentlemanrogue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@FinalStar86 said:
" @thegentlemanrogue: Handbooks are written by Marvel and they state what a character should be,  Most of Daredevils strength feats are massive PIS especially the limo flipping.  "
Like I said, they are secondary companion pieces to the primary canon source material, if there is a discrepancy then the comics overrule whatever is in the Handbooks easily. Not to mention the Hanbooks are full of mistakes, they are the reason we still have people who think Captain America's shield is an Adamantium / Vibranium hybrid. Citing a Handbook is only slightly more valid than citing a wiki entry or a fan fiction.
ThaMessenger07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#166  Edited By ThaMessenger07
@FinalStar86: 
I Disagree they tend to go against the constant feats of other characters. They created this base guideline in the 70's and never updated it accordingly. That why you have 100 tons as the benchmark though most characters that are classified 100 are lifting in the 1,000 ton up range.
thegentlemanrogue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ThaMessenger07 said:
" @FinalStar86:  I Disagree they tend to go against the constant feats of other characters. They created this base guideline in the 70's and never updated it accordingly. That why you have 100 tons as the benchmark though most characters that are classified 100 are lifting in the 1,000 ton up range. "
Yeah seriously, the Hulk was freaking holding tectonic plates together which a billion ton feat. The Handbooks are so out of date and inaccurate it would be funny if it wasn't sad.
FinalStar86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#168  Edited By FinalStar86
@ThaMessenger07: The 100 ton bench mark is where they stop counting because they don't want to put a strenght cap on certain characters.
Class 6 up to 100 tons
Class 7 100 tons minimum, there is no cap on it.
  I can understand your lack of faith in the handbook, that's fine but as far as DD goes his strenght feats are waaay out of proportion with what he should be.  The only thing above olympic level that Daredevil has are his senses and maybe his agility, his physical strenght and speed are olympic level at the very best.
thegentlemanrogue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@FinalStar86 said:
" @ThaMessenger07: The 100 ton bench mark is where they stop counting because they don't want to put a strenght cap on certain characters.  I can understand your lack of faith in the handbook, that's fine but as far as DD goes his strenght feats are waaay out of proportion with what he should be.  The only thing above olympic level that Daredevil has are his senses and maybe his agility, his physical strenght and speed are olympic level at the very best. "
You realize of course that your stance is that comic books are meaningless and that one could simple read a Handbook entry and have enough information to make an informed decision on what a character is a capable of...
FinalStar86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#170  Edited By FinalStar86
@thegentlemanrogue said:

" @FinalStar86 said:

" @ThaMessenger07: The 100 ton bench mark is where they stop counting because they don't want to put a strenght cap on certain characters.  I can understand your lack of faith in the handbook, that's fine but as far as DD goes his strenght feats are waaay out of proportion with what he should be.  The only thing above olympic level that Daredevil has are his senses and maybe his agility, his physical strenght and speed are olympic level at the very best. "
You realize of course that your stance is that comic books are meaningless and that one could simple read a Handbook entry and have enough information to make an informed decision on what a character is a capable of... "
I guess you didn't read my previous post, I already stated that I understand why people disregard the handbook.  My argument is that Daredevil's strength feats are not consistent and are massive PIS especially the instances with the limo. 
thegentlemanrogue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@FinalStar86 said:

" @FinalStar86 said:

You realize of course that your stance is that comic books are meaningless and that one could simple read a Handbook entry and have enough information to make an informed decision on what a character is a capable of... "
I guess you didn't read my previous post, I already stated that I understand why people disregard the handbook.  My argument is that Daredevil's strength feats are not consistent and are massive PIS especially the instances with the limo.  "
Says the man who references Batman kicking someone through a blast door....
FinalStar86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#172  Edited By FinalStar86
@thegentlemanrogue said:
" @FinalStar86 said:

" @FinalStar86 said:

I guess you didn't read my previous post, I already stated that I understand why people disregard the handbook.  My argument is that Daredevil's strength feats are not consistent and are massive PIS especially the instances with the limo.  "
Says the man who references Batman kicking someone through a blast door.... "
At least Batman's strength feats are consistent, you seem to have trouble grasping this concept
ThaMessenger07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#173  Edited By ThaMessenger07
@FinalStar86: 
Applying logic based on size and weight is bad if thats what your doing. Nightwing has punched fist sized craters into concrete and steel walls like nothing as well as supporting a rooftop or a wall(he struggled but still did it). He is 5'10 and weighs 175. if He can do that then I can grasp DD fliping a Limo which isn't out of a 6'0 200lbs olympic lifters range. They say he can lift up to 450 lbs over head according to the handbooks. If we use those as reference then it means he can lift probably well over. Peak Human is said to be at 800lbs over head. That is insane and the fact that it is the starting point for Peak human means DD's feats with the Bar and the Limo are completely comparable.
thegentlemanrogue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@FinalStar86 said:
" @FinalStar86 said:

" @FinalStar86 said:

At least Batman's strength feats are consistent, you seem to have trouble grasping this concept "
lol

Kicking someone through a blast door is soooooooooooooo far from anything close to constant with the rest Batman's strength feats that isn't on the same planet.
FinalStar86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#175  Edited By FinalStar86
@ThaMessenger07 said:
" @FinalStar86:  Applying logic based on size and weight is bad if thats what your doing. Nightwing has punched fist sized craters into concrete and steel walls like nothing as well as supporting a rooftop or a wall(he struggled but still did it). He is 5'10 and weighs 175. if He can do that then I can grasp DD fliping a Limo which isn't out of a 6'0 200lbs olympic lifters range. They say he can lift up to 450 lbs over head according to the handbooks. If we use those as reference then it means he can lift probably well over. Peak Human is said to be at 800lbs over head. That is insane and the fact that it is the starting point for Peak human means DD's feats with the Bar and the Limo are completely comparable. "
Applying strength based on a characters height and weight is bad too.  These two Nightwing feats can't even be calculated properly and Nightwing holding up part of a building is ridiculous as well.  I'm not implying that Grayson is stronger then Daredevil is physically.  As far as I'm concerned both feats are a case of PIS.  Both feats are out of context and inconsistent. 
FinalStar86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#176  Edited By FinalStar86
@thegentlemanrogue said:
" @FinalStar86 said:
" @FinalStar86 said:

" @FinalStar86 said:

At least Batman's strength feats are consistent, you seem to have trouble grasping this concept "
lol  Kicking someone through a blast door is soooooooooooooo far from anything close to constant with the rest Batman's strength feats that isn't on the same planet. "
lol I can already tell that you haven't read many Batman comics and have very little knowledge of the character.  Batman has numerous feats that are well above peak human.  It's understandable to call that feat PIS if you want.  He has plenty of others feats that are consistent.
spiderguylll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#177  Edited By spiderguylll
ThaMessenger07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#178  Edited By ThaMessenger07
@FinalStar86: 
I think based on consistent Feats of throwing around 400lbs men like they were toys is enough to say that these guys even when said to be Olympic, are Greater in Scale then any Human that exist. And I just used Height and weight as a reference to how you were determining there strength. I know it does not apply.
FinalStar86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#179  Edited By FinalStar86
@ThaMessenger07 said:
" @FinalStar86:  I think based on consistent Feats of throwing around 400lbs men like they were toys is enough to say that these guys even when said to be Olympic, are Greater in Scale then any Human that exist. And I just used Height and weight as a reference to how you were determining there strength. I know it does not apply. "
Not a consistent feat.  I've been reading a lot of Daredevil from his current and previous series and the strength feats shown on this  thread are not consistent and are massive PIS. 
Black Canary can throw around men that weigh a lot also, throwing is more about using momentum and force vs physical strength.  One instance I can recall is when Daredevil carried some guy that was shot to the hospital, the guy weighed in at 250 lbs and Daredevil looked pretty fatigued when they arrived. 
thegentlemanrogue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@FinalStar86 said:

" @FinalStar86 said:
" @FinalStar86 said:

" @FinalStar86 said:

lol  Kicking someone through a blast door is soooooooooooooo far from anything close to constant with the rest Batman's strength feats that isn't on the same planet. "
lol I can already tell that you haven't read many Batman comics and have very little knowledge of the character.  Batman has numerous feats that are well above peak human.  It's understandable to call that feat PIS if you want.  He has plenty of others feats that are consistent. "
Do you understand what the word consistent even means? Kicking someone through a blast door isn't remotely comparable to breaking missle proof class or supporting a 1000 bound ceiling or lifting a totem pole. You must operate in very brood definitions.... 
ThaMessenger07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#181  Edited By ThaMessenger07
@FinalStar86: 
Which in my opinion is closer to PIS then him flipping the Limo. When I mean he tosses 400lbs men I mean He Stands there Picks them up Over head and Tosses them. He has Been Able to this to King Pin. Like He was a Pro Wrestler Military Pressing Fools lol. If you can not see his strength for what it is I suggest you go further back and see what he can really do. In Most arcs except for the Millar written stuff(which is still brilliant) he is doing some heavy Lifting.
FinalStar86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#182  Edited By FinalStar86
@ThaMessenger07 said:
" @FinalStar86:  Which in my opinion is closer to PIS then him flipping the Limo. When I mean he tosses 400lbs men I mean He Stands there Picks them up Over head and Tosses them. He has Been Able to this to King Pin. Like He was a Pro Wrestler Military Pressing Fools lol. If you can not see his strength for what it is I suggest you go further back and see what he can really do. In Most arcs except for the Millar written stuff(which is still brilliant) he is doing some heavy Lifting. "
I really don't think either is closer to PIS then the other, both are flat out PIS. As far the Kingpin goes he weighs 450lbs according to a more recent handbook entry and while I understand that handbook's may not be valid when it comes to measuring a characters capabilities, a characters height and weight aren't really debatable.  I am reading through Miller's work on Daredevil, he has impressive strength feats but nothing to put him at peak human.
ThaMessenger07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#183  Edited By ThaMessenger07
@FinalStar86: 
No I Meant Disregarding Millar's work. He is the one that Made Daredevil more human and brought back down to earth. He is also the one that dumbed down his senses. Any writer besides him has always put DD's Senses to another level while he kept them in the range of Master martial Artist trained to function blind with greater senses.
FinalStar86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#184  Edited By FinalStar86
@ThaMessenger07 said:
" @FinalStar86:  No I Meant Disregarding Millar's work. He is the one that Made Daredevil more human and brought back down to earth. He is also the one that dumbed down his senses. Any writer besides him has always put DD's Senses to another level while he kept them in the range of Master martial Artist trained to function blind with greater senses. "
Yeah but to be fair Miller turned him into more of a ninja type character where before he used boxing and acrobatics to fight.  That kind of makes up for toning his senses down.
thegentlemanrogue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Has Daredevil ever tried to lift anything and failed? I remember he tried to lift one of Things barbells that was anchored to the ground once and failed... but that isn't surprising, that would be like a class 70 feat of strength. Other than that the limo flip and barbell toss fall pretty well inline with the majority of his strength feats.

ThaMessenger07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#186  Edited By ThaMessenger07
@FinalStar86:   
Yeah it did and Millar's run is the reason I became a fan.
vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#187  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
@FinalStar86 said:
I really don't think either is closer to PIS then the other, both are flat out PIS. As far the Kingpin goes he weighs 450lbs according to a more recent handbook entry and while I understand that handbook's may not be valid when it comes to measuring a characters capabilities, a characters height and weight aren't really debatable.  I am reading through Miller's work on Daredevil, he has impressive strength feats but nothing to put him at peak human. "
Daredevil doesn't have to be peak human to flip a limo.He barely got it up If you look at the entirety of the scans he's straining.You think Cap or Batman would be straining to flip a limo? Don't see how you're calling any of Daredevil's strength feats PIS because he's never shown signs he couldn't lift or move anything he has.Daredevil barely every lifts anything or uses his strength so if you've never seen anything to put him at peak human...well it's obvious why you haven't.DD isn't anything like Wolverine or Cap or any of the other street levelers with a good level of lifting feats.He's a finesse character.Lifitng is almost never a priority.
FinalStar86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#188  Edited By FinalStar86
@Vance Astro said:
" @FinalStar86 said:
I really don't think either is closer to PIS then the other, both are flat out PIS. As far the Kingpin goes he weighs 450lbs according to a more recent handbook entry and while I understand that handbook's may not be valid when it comes to measuring a characters capabilities, a characters height and weight aren't really debatable.  I am reading through Miller's work on Daredevil, he has impressive strength feats but nothing to put him at peak human. "
Daredevil doesn't have to be peak human to flip a limo.He barely got it up If you look at the entirety of the scans he's straining.You think Cap or Batman would be straining to flip a limo? Don't see how you're calling any of Daredevil's strength feats PIS because he's never shown signs he couldn't lift or move anything he has.Daredevil barely every lifts anything or uses his strength so if you've never seen anything to put him at peak human...well it's obvious why you haven't.DD isn't anything like Wolverine or Cap or any of the other street levelers with a good level of lifting feats.He's a finesse character.Lifitng is almost never a priority. "
I get the part of Daredevil lacking lifting feats compared to other characters, fine.  But I really don't see Cap or Bats being able to flip a limo either if they stayed in their range of physical strength.
thegentlemanrogue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@FinalStar86 said:
" @Vance Astro said:
" @FinalStar86 said:
Daredevil doesn't have to be peak human to flip a limo.He barely got it up If you look at the entirety of the scans he's straining.You think Cap or Batman would be straining to flip a limo? Don't see how you're calling any of Daredevil's strength feats PIS because he's never shown signs he couldn't lift or move anything he has.Daredevil barely every lifts anything or uses his strength so if you've never seen anything to put him at peak human...well it's obvious why you haven't.DD isn't anything like Wolverine or Cap or any of the other street levelers with a good level of lifting feats.He's a finesse character.Lifitng is almost never a priority. "
I get the part of Daredevil lacking lifting feats compared to other characters, fine.  But I really don't see Cap or Bats being able to flip a limo either if they stayed in their range of physical strength. "
You think it is feasible that Batman could punch someone through a blast door, but you don't think he could flip a limo? So is it your estimation that punching someone through a blast door would require less strength than flipping a limo onto its side?
Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#190  Edited By Static Shock

Never really understood the limo feat. But, if it's valid, it puts a lot of street levelers with enhanced physical abilities to shame.

FinalStar86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#191  Edited By FinalStar86
@thegentlemanrogue said:
" @FinalStar86 said:
" @Vance Astro said:
" @FinalStar86 said:
I get the part of Daredevil lacking lifting feats compared to other characters, fine.  But I really don't see Cap or Bats being able to flip a limo either if they stayed in their range of physical strength. "
You think it is feasible that Batman could punch someone through a blast door, but you don't think he could flip a limo? So is it your estimation that punching someone through a blast door would require less strength than flipping a limo onto its side? "
Batman slamming a guy through a blast door is out of his strength range,   I'm saying that I don't think any street level character should be able to flip a limo if they stayed in their strength range.
vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#192  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
@FinalStar86 said:
I think you are applying the actual weight of a limo to what a peak human should be able to lift or move rather than considering what these characters have shown.Both Bats and Cap have better strength feats than flipping a limo.
vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#193  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
@Static Shock said:
" Never really understood the limo feat. But, if it's valid, it puts a lot of street levelers with enhanced physical abilities to shame. "
Like who?
velle37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#194  Edited By velle37
@thegentlemanrogue said:
" @velle37 said:

" @FinalStar86 said:

" @FinalStar86 said:

@thegentlemanrogue
said:

" @velle37 said:

if DD has the strenght feats you say, then he's upthere.... But Bats has kicked through foot-thick steel doors........  DD is nowhere near bats in skill... He has speed agility reflexes and radar which usually give him an edge.... But Bats has the knowledge of hundreds of Martial Arts.... "
The circumstances behind BP defeat were that Matt is a better fighter than he is.  Daredevil has kicked down thick steel doors as well, pretty every street level hero has... it's not even worth bring up really.  Marvel has always left it kinda off ambiguous as to how my styles DD actually knows. Off the top of my head he knows Eskrima, Judo, Aikito and Jujutsu, and obviously Ninjutsu and boxing... but it has been pretty vague on just what Stick and the Chaste taught him. We know that Punisher is a master of dozens of different martial arts, and Daredevil as literally steam rolled Frank on different occasions. With that all said, knowing a large number of styles doesn't necessarily translate into being better than someone who has spent their life mastering one.  "

DD needs to be explained better by writers... Just a dude with radar and agility and a few MA skills shouldn't beat or even stalemate BP, or Bats, or NW...... 

But eh.......
thegentlemanrogue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@velle37 said:

" @velle37 said:

" @FinalStar86 said:

" @FinalStar86 said:

@thegentlemanrogue
said:

" @velle37 said:

The circumstances behind BP defeat were that Matt is a better fighter than he is.  Daredevil has kicked down thick steel doors as well, pretty every street level hero has... it's not even worth bring up really.  Marvel has always left it kinda off ambiguous as to how my styles DD actually knows. Off the top of my head he knows Eskrima, Judo, Aikito and Jujutsu, and obviously Ninjutsu and boxing... but it has been pretty vague on just what Stick and the Chaste taught him. We know that Punisher is a master of dozens of different martial arts, and Daredevil as literally steam rolled Frank on different occasions. With that all said, knowing a large number of styles doesn't necessarily translate into being better than someone who has spent their life mastering one.  "
DD needs to be explained better by writers... Just a dude with radar and agility and a few MA skills shouldn't beat or even stalemate BP, or Bats, or NW......   But eh....... "
If you say it like that it works for anyone

Batman needs to be explained better by writers... Just a dude with a cape, some gadgets and a few MA skills shouldn't beat or even stalemate...

Captain American needs to be explained better by writers... Just a dude with an American Flag suit, steroids and a few MA skills shouldn't be beat or even stalemate...

Daredevil has years of character development, he has received trained by one of the best fighters on Marvel Earth, namely Stick. He has 30+ years and a thousand appearances... why is it a shock that he is a top tier fighter?  
vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#196  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
@velle37 said:

DD needs to be explained better by writers... Just a dude with radar and agility and a few MA skills shouldn't beat or even stalemate BP, or Bats, or NW......   But eh....... "

DD's abilities have been explained.Maybe read the comics first.
velle37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#197  Edited By velle37
@Vance Astro said:
"@velle37 said:

DD's abilities have been explained.Maybe read the comics first. "

Your comment was not needed. Thank you. If you have something constructive to add, you may respond.

@thegentlemanrogue
said:
" @velle37 said:

" @velle37 said:

" @FinalStar86 said:

" @FinalStar86 said:

@thegentlemanrogue
said:

" @velle37 said:

If you say it like that it works for anyone  Batman needs to be explained better by writers... Just a dude with a cape, some gadgets and a few MA skills shouldn't beat or even stalemate...  Captain American needs to be explained better by writers... Just a dude with an American Flag suit, steroids and a few MA skills shouldn't be beat or even stalemate...  Daredevil has years of character development, he has received trained by one of the best fighters on Marvel Earth, namely Stick. He has 30+ years and a thousand appearances... why is it a shock that he is a top tier fighter?   "

Because DD hasn't been characterized as such. You yourself said DD's MA history is vague, but I'm wrong for asking for clarification? huh?.....

Every other comic says something about Batman mastering all styles oof combat in the world and being the greatest detective, how BP is the 8th smartest person in the world, with world class MA skills, magic enhancements, resources, and a contingency for everything, NW is the best human acrobat in the entire DCU, and an avid learner under Bruce, incredibly intelligent, with an impressively proficient tactical mind... That's reiterated in just about all of their comics..... DD's incredible skills are not...... He has feats with no clear backstory as to how he can acomplish these feats.....

DD hasn't impressed me with anything to the point that i would think he's top tier or even "deserves" to be top tier........ 

That's simply the situation.
vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#198  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
@velle37 said:

Your comment was not needed. Thank you. If you have something constructive to add, you may respond.

When the word moderator appears under your name you can talk to me like that.Otherwise,don't tell me what I may and may not do.Your lack of knowledge on Daredevil is obvious.Thus you might want to know what you are talking about before you appear to not know the basics about a character that has been around for 20+ years.

@velle37 said:

Because DD hasn't been characterized as such. You yourself said DD's MA history is vague, but I'm wrong for asking for clarification? huh?..... Every other comic says something about Batman mastering all styles oof combat in the world and being the greatest detective, how BP is the 8th smartest person in the world, with world class MA skills, magic enhancements, resources, and a contingency for everything, NW is the best human acrobat in the entire DCU, and an avid learner under Bruce, incredibly intelligent, with an impressively proficient tactical mind... That's reiterated in just about all of their comics..... DD's incredible skills are not...... He has feats with no clear backstory as to how he can acomplish these feats.....  DD hasn't impressed me with anything to the point that i would think he's top tier or even "deserves" to be top tier........  That's simply the situation. "

Daredevil's martial arts history actually isn't vague.Don't go by what people say.Actually read the comics.Or at the very least read a bio or two.DD's incredible skills are skills he learned from various Ninja Masters of the Chaste.DD may not be top tier to you but he doesn't need to be top tier because Nightwing isnt' either.
FinalStar86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#199  Edited By FinalStar86
@Vance Astro: What do you consider top tier?
vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#200  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
@FinalStar86 said:

" @Vance Astro: What do you consider top tier? "

If I can name more than 10 characters that are more skilled than that character..they aren't top tier.