Baron von Strucker

No Caption Provided

Battle Location

No Caption Provided

Rules

• Random Encounter; Fight starts 75 feet apart
  • Both sides in character
  • Nightwing is Pre 52/New 52 and has standard gear
  • Baron (616) has Satan's Claw, a pistol, and 2 daggers.
  • Victory by any means

Nathaniel_Adam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

how good is Baron? some showings would be good.

NimaMindTricks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

how good is Baron? some showings would be good.

Ok here's some stuff I got. A lot of his feats are in the classic days and he's usually a tactician/behind the scenes, so his combat feats aren't too plentiful.

His patented weapon is Satan's Claw. In the classic days, it would emit electrical shocks. It was ultimately destroyed but later upgraded to emit and create extremely intense heat.

How hot? Hot enough to melt through a steel beam with ease:

No Caption Provided

Skill:

In his fight with Nicky Fury using his old Satan Claw, he beat down Nick pretty easily. Sure the Claw helped but keep in mind if it had been in latter Claw on hand, Nick would have probably been burnt to a crisp:

He fights off a group of ninjas who are ordered not to hold back:

• Gets stabbed through the back by a ninjas katana. This only aggravates him. He walks away from this supposed fatal injury fine (Pain tolerance/healing)
  • He punches that ninja with his Satan Claw and completely obliterates him.

A fight with Cap (I don't have any more scans, but maybe @jashro44 does). But he takes a solid left hook from Cap no problem:

No Caption Provided

versus Skrulls:

• Blocks some laser gun fire from Skrulls, then uses his Satan Claw as a range attack and kills 2 of them. Based on the blast landing, it appears it vaporized their bodies. (This was an ambush attack)
  • Grabs a Skrull by his neck and crushes him.

That's all I got. I read that he's made several appearances in Daredevil so maybe @ghostravage can enlighten us whether or not they fought, and if so, how well Strucker did.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@nimamindtricks: If you give me issue numbers I can dig scans up. I don't know much about von strucker though.

Avatar image for ninjawarrior268
NinjaWarrior268

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#5  Edited By NinjaWarrior268

Nightwing ownz

GhostRavage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

@nimamindtricks: You mean Satan's Claw or Wolfgang Von Strucker? Because if my memory serves right, he never appeared in Daredevil's issues. Maybe encountered him in some Avengers or some other team-based issue, but as far as appearing in his volumes, he didn't.

NimaMindTricks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44 said:

@nimamindtricks: If you give me issue numbers I can dig scans up. I don't know much about von strucker though.

Captain America #247

NimaMindTricks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nimamindtricks: You mean Satan's Claw or Wolfgang Von Strucker? Because if my memory serves right, he never appeared in Daredevil's issues. Maybe encountered him in some Avengers or some other team-based issue, but as far as appearing in his volumes, he didn't.

I was referring to Strucker but I guess it could just be Satan's Claw. I did read other's have had it their hands on it when he lost it.

GhostRavage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

GhostRavage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nimamindtricks: The claw has appeared in 7 issues, Daredevil #326-#332. I'll see under what context in a couple of minutes.

NimaMindTricks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

notaidiotidoit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nathaniel_Adam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Nathaniel_Adam

@nimamindtricks: Nightwing's suit has been stated multiple times to be fireproof, so the Gauntlet hurting Dick is mute. And besides that I don't think Nightwing needs to be a genius to find out quickly, that this is a weapon and not simply a Gauntlet. And given Nightwing's reactionary speed and acrobatic skills lead me to say that Strucker will have high difficulty hitting a combatant as fast as him who casually dodges objects/attacks other street-levelers can't do nor is there anything to suggest (from your feats, thank you for posting them) Strucker has the speed or accuracy to tag Nightwing. So if I may make a conclusion: Strucker's primary weapon; the Satan's Claw will be significantly less effective in this match than the previous ones given Nightwing's abillities and gear and since it seems that Baron von Strucker mostly relies on this weapon, without it he will probably at a disadvantage. For now I say Nightwing wins due to martial arts skills, speed, gear/suit.

I'm on my phone now so I couldn't write it in a better way

Helicoprion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

strucker

RisingBean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think Dick will take it in a decent fight.

@nathaniel_adam There is a feat where Strucker is melting a steel I beam. If you think dick's suit is taking that by virtue of it being "fireproof" you're fooling yourself.

Nathaniel_Adam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Nathaniel_Adam

@risingbean: well getting hit with a blast of that Satan's Claw while carrying a fireproof suit than carrying a suit that has no protection towards such attacks make difference and that wasn't even a blast

RisingBean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nathaniel_adam: Not so much. It's like expecting a bullet proof vest to protect you from a tank cannon.

Sure Nightwing's suit can assist with lesser heat and possibly a glancing blow from the claw, but if that claw is melting I beams in the time span of a punch, Dick is relying on outright avoidance and not his suit to survive this.

Nathaniel_Adam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Nathaniel_Adam

@risingbean: I was pointing out, that it wasn't a blast but a direct hit, a punch and just like you I agree that Richard won't tank it but try to avoid it.