#101 Edited by deactivated-5a89ca5697052 (8063 posts) - - Show Bio

@black_arrow said:

Ok Nightwing just got an amazing strength feat:

No Caption Provided

While having a broken ankle.

No Caption Provided

One more image to show how big it is.

Damn ... lol what.

This feat should put him above Batman in strength.

This should weight around 1-3 tons.

#102 Posted by Stormdriven (17850 posts) - - Show Bio

Dick

Avatar image for blackpantherisb
#103 Edited by blackpantherisb (7102 posts) - - Show Bio

@black_arrow said:

Ok Nightwing just got an amazing strength feat:

No Caption Provided

While having a broken ankle.

No Caption Provided

One more image to show how big it is.

Damn ... lol what.

This feat should put him above Batman in strength.

This should weight around 1-3 tons.

Actually if that was raw stone prolly more like 10 tons.

#104 Edited by AcroKat (7384 posts) - - Show Bio

@blackpantherisb: Well he's only holding up part of the statue, not the whole thing.

#105 Posted by Mee09 (5706 posts) - - Show Bio

Nightwing likely wins but this fight is a lot closer than you might think. If this was MCU Cap Nightwing would probably lose

#106 Edited by Black_Arrow (10258 posts) - - Show Bio

Also Nightwing took several punches from Orca, a woman whale that was able to throw a forklift with one hand (forklifts can weight between 5 or 3 tons) without being moved thanks to his strength and his defensive stance:

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2

Posting this feats so people get to know more of Nightwing's recent feats.

#107 Posted by RabumAlal (4956 posts) - - Show Bio

Don't really see the point of this thread.

#108 Posted by lubub55 (12895 posts) - - Show Bio

Don't really see the point of this thread.

It's to find out who would win in a fight between New 52 Nightwing, and the Winter Soldier from the Marvel Cinematic Universe.

#109 Posted by lubub55 (12895 posts) - - Show Bio

Bump.

Avatar image for supremegeneration
#110 Posted by SupremeGeneration (11681 posts) - - Show Bio

Nightwing should wreck.

#111 Posted by TheDeathstroke (2925 posts) - - Show Bio

Bucky

#112 Posted by BabyDarkseid (1907 posts) - - Show Bio

NW

#113 Edited by The_Magister (13861 posts) - - Show Bio

Very close either way.

Avatar image for masterskywalker
#114 Posted by MasterSkywalker (3609 posts) - - Show Bio

Nightwing is better than Bucky.

#115 Posted by Revan- (7959 posts) - - Show Bio

Dick stomps.

#116 Edited by Amendment50 (15425 posts) - - Show Bio

It's not close. Nightwing humiliates him. If you are inclined to vote Bucky because you're tired of comics beating live action then stop going in these threads to begin with.

For all the talk there is of bias in favor of comics over live action it seems pretty apparent to me that the opposite has been true lately. People side with patently worse characters just to be contrarians.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a89ca5697052
#117 Posted by deactivated-5a89ca5697052 (8063 posts) - - Show Bio

It's not close. Nightwing humiliates him. If you are inclined to vote Bucky because you're tired of comics beating live action then stop going in these threads to begin with.

For all the talk there is of bias in favor of comics over live action it seems pretty apparent to me that the opposite has been true lately. People side with patently worse characters just to be contrarians.

This.

#118 Posted by pansito (1220 posts) - - Show Bio

night wing stomps

#119 Posted by DeathandGrim (4827 posts) - - Show Bio

What did I miss that makes Movie Bucky even remotely stack up to a comic version of the Bat family?

#120 Posted by bflynn316 (2665 posts) - - Show Bio

What did I miss that makes Movie Bucky even remotely stack up to a comic version of the Bat family?

Nothing, Comic Vine just likes to wank MCU Bucky. Nightwing stomps, but of course everyone with even an ounce of common sense already knows that.

Honestly this thread should be locked. Nightwing is stronger, faster, and more skilled.

#121 Posted by rem (2645 posts) - - Show Bio

Bucky isn’t fast enough to fight him.

Avatar image for supremegeneration
#122 Posted by SupremeGeneration (11681 posts) - - Show Bio

Didn’t need to be bumped. Nightwing still stomps.

Avatar image for stalin-is-steel
#123 Posted by Stalin-Is-Steel (3586 posts) - - Show Bio

Christ, the Bucky wank was strong back then

#124 Posted by King-Ragnar (3836 posts) - - Show Bio
#125 Posted by ANTHP2000 (26769 posts) - - Show Bio

No.

#126 Posted by GodxDarkxOpal (525 posts) - - Show Bio
#127 Posted by ANTHP2000 (26769 posts) - - Show Bio
Avatar image for deactivated-5bb6a6f86dc65
#128 Posted by deactivated-5bb6a6f86dc65 (4972 posts) - - Show Bio

This is an unmarred relic, it should be locked up in CV Battles history.

#129 Posted by Chimeroid (9241 posts) - - Show Bio

Seriously, should be locked Bucky doesn't have a single advantage in this fight. Nightwing's suit is bulletproof and he would easily taze Bucky into submission.

#130 Posted by ANTHP2000 (26769 posts) - - Show Bio

Seriously, it was so expected who was going to debate for Bucky lol

#131 Posted by RBT (27731 posts) - - Show Bio

I hope the people who are saying Dick is stronger mean striking and not actual strength.

Avatar image for stalin-is-steel
#132 Posted by Stalin-Is-Steel (3586 posts) - - Show Bio

@anthp2000: Some dude said Bucky was more experienced than Dick lol

Avatar image for deactivated-5c8fd6cb3e4f4
#133 Posted by deactivated-5c8fd6cb3e4f4 (18365 posts) - - Show Bio

Grayson stomps...it's not close either

#134 Posted by buildhare (8649 posts) - - Show Bio

Bucky a year ago and Bucky now.

#135 Posted by Sazzmi (642 posts) - - Show Bio

Seriously, should be locked Bucky doesn't have a single advantage in this fight. Nightwing's suit is bulletproof and he would easily taze Bucky into submission.

#136 Posted by Chimeroid (9241 posts) - - Show Bio

How exactly? He is weaker, slower, less durable, and comparably undergeared.

#137 Posted by TheWatcherKing (18313 posts) - - Show Bio

#138 Posted by buildhare (8649 posts) - - Show Bio

@buildhare said:

Covered it extensively in the first two pages.

He is stronger and more durable, Nightwing has a wider variety of gear but Buck's is considerably more lethal, saying he's under-geared when he's carrying (depending on what loadout standard gear is at this point);

• Assault rifle w/launcher, SMG, pistols, grenades semtex, knives
  • or an LMG, knives and grenades

....against a guy with electric batons seems pretty laughable.

#139 Posted by Chimeroid (9241 posts) - - Show Bio

@chimeroid said:
@buildhare said:

Covered it extensively in the first two pages.

He is stronger and more durable, Nightwing has a wider variety of gear but Buck's is considerably more lethal, saying he's under-geared when he's carrying (depending on what loadout standard gear is at this point);

• Assault rifle w/launcher, SMG, pistols, grenades semtex, knives
  • or an LMG, knives and grenades

Comparing best feats, Nightwing is far superior,

No Caption Provided

He basically catches a bike that was flying at an incredible speed (required to make that jump) and redirects the weight of the bike, himself, and the Judge, manages to extend the bike jump for over 50 feet. This is faaaar more impressive than anything Bucky has done.

Then, Consider this feat

It was already mentioned in the thread, but, again, it far outclasses bucky.

Wanna talk durability?

Nightwing 15 when he tanked 3 consecutive, HUGE explosions before he went on to beat the snot out of the Joker

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2Gallery image 3

He fought a magical clone of Garth Kadabra created and then amped.

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2Gallery image 3Gallery image 4
Tanked multiple shots from an amped Garth-clone. Note: Donna lost

He also got hit by this multi-ton piece of concrete that was being wielded by Troia, the future version of Donna Troy.

If you really believe all Nightwing has is a pair of electric batons, you really shouldn't be posting in threads that include him. Shows how little you know about things you are willing to "debate"...

Nighwing packs bombs, sonic weapons, tazers, grappling hooks, and many, many more gadgets in his arsenal.

Not to mention that he has feats against the gear Bucky packs, his suit is bullet proof and he has tanked explosions faaaar more impressive than Bucky has created.

#140 Edited by Simppa (631 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm gonna go with Dick. He's more agile, faster and the better fighter if you ask me I'll give Bucky that he's stronger but still Dick wins this.

#141 Posted by ANTHP2000 (26769 posts) - - Show Bio

God, I support plenty minority arguments, because we need to be open-minded, but at least I'm not acting like a deranged smartass.

Dick stomps, on a serious note, he litteraly wins in less than 10 seconds if he's willing to.

#142 Posted by The_Magister (13861 posts) - - Show Bio

@anthp2000: Matt Murdock and Grant Ward solo Dick Grayson via on-paper logic because the entire Vine should think like me instead of "muh featz," thus MCU Cap is multiversal with lowballing and MCU Bucky scales off of him (should be atleast solar system tier), this is spite in favor of the Winter Soldier!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#143 Posted by TonyMartial (9187 posts) - - Show Bio
#144 Posted by Helloman (29573 posts) - - Show Bio

NW wins.

#145 Edited by buildhare (8649 posts) - - Show Bio

@chimeroid:

He basically catches a bike that was flying at an incredible speed (required to make that jump) and redirects the weight of the bike, himself, and the Judge, manages to extend the bike jump for over 50 feet.

He supports the weight of a falling bike for a bit before redirecting it's momentum, this is impressive, but this;

This is faaaar more impressive than anything Bucky has done.

...is silly. Unless you fundamentally don't understand how heavy a bike is I don't think you actually believe that.

Then, Consider this feat

He supported part of a statue for an instant (which in that period seemingly broke his ankle) and immediately dropped it. At least that's what I'm getting from the scan, post the page before it if it isn't. Cap dead-lifted more for a longer period, while critically injured in TWS, and just Barnes's bionic arm alone can overpower him;

No Caption Provided

I could believe you somehow misinterpreting feats to the extent you think Dick is a speedster compared to Bucky, but on strength it's beyond stupid.

Nightwing 15 when he tanked 3 consecutive, HUGE explosions

He's on the edge of the first and clearly hurts him. You don't even see him in the second. I don't doubt his suit will protect him from a grenade but if it comes to that point and he's a hurt as he was after those he's already lost.

He fought a magical clone of Garth Kadabra created and then amped.

1. Dick avoids Garth for one panel
  2. Dick gets near one shot
  3. Gets hit again and has to be rescued

Using this would be like me using Bucky "fighting" Thanos. Nightwing got his ass kicked.

He also got hit by this multi-ton piece of concrete that was being wielded by Troia, the future version of Donna Troy.

That's pretty good, although I'd be interested to see how he pulled up after that.

If you really believe all Nightwing has is a pair of electric batons, you really shouldn't be posting in threads that include him. Shows how little you know about things you are willing to "debate"...

I've read his solo series, Court of Owl's, any interaction with Bat's and a bit of Grayson. The barrier for entry on debating a B/C-list character that featured in a very short continuity isn't reading a thousand comic books. Drop the gate-keepy BS.

Nighwing packs bombs, sonic weapons,

That he rarely if ever uses, at least as Nightwing.

tazers,

I mentioned his shock batons, why would tasers be worthy of note in any sense?

grappling hooks, and many, many more gadgets in his arsenal.

A grappling hook isn't relevant and "many many more" means stuff he used once and was instantly forgotten about for the next thirty issues.

Not to mention that he has feats against the gear Bucky packs, his suit is bullet proof

This is where you post him tanking bullets above and beyond small arms fire. I'll wait.

and he has tanked explosions faaaar more impressive than Bucky has created.

His suit has, although it still clearly hurt him. He isn't remotely near a level where he can no sell grenades so I don't see why you insist on this point of argument.

#146 Posted by Chimeroid (9241 posts) - - Show Bio

@buildhare:

He supports the weight of a falling bike for a bit before redirecting it's momentum, this is impressive, but this;

...is silly. Unless you fundamentally don't understand how heavy a bike is I don't think you actually believe that.

He caught a bike that was flying at great speeds. He wasn't falling. I think you fundamentally don't understand how physics work. He caught and redirected a bike that was making a hundred-feet jump while carrying another person.

He supported part of a statue for an instant (which in that period seemingly broke his ankle) and immediately dropped it. At least that's what I'm getting from the scan, post the page before it if it isn't.

He hurt his ankle earlier, by kicking over another huge statue that was filled with molten steel. That actually makes the supporting of the statue feat even better, as he was doing it while injured. And this is the picture after Dick put it down. This is the page before.

Cap dead-lifted more for a longer period, while critically injured in TWS, and just Barnes's bionic arm alone can overpower him;

Actually, Nightwing's feat involved more weight. But, even then, Deadlift>Press. Your deadlift should always be much stronger than your overhead.

I could believe you somehow misinterpreting feats to the extent you think Dick is a speedster compared to Bucky,

Not a speedster, but he is definitely faster. He simply has better feats.

but on strength it's beyond stupid.

Or, it's just called "using feats" as opposed to you being clearly biased.

He's on the edge of the first and clearly hurts him. You don't even see him in the second. I don't doubt his suit will protect him from a grenade but if it comes to that point and he's a hurt as he was after those he's already lost.

You can clearly see him in the first two explosions, you can't see him in the third. But, that is only because the explosion is huge. He was hurt, but by explosions that are vastly superior to what Bucky can accomplish.

1. Dick gets near one shot
  2. Gets hit again and has to be rescued

Using this would be like me using Bucky "fighting" Thanos.

Yes, he got near one shot. He is fighting an Atlantean ffs. But, he clearly got up every time. And, sure, if Bucky fought Thanos, do show the feats.

That's pretty good, although I'd be interested to see how he pulled up after that.

He got up, with difficulty.

. The barrier for entry on debating a B/C-list character that featured in a very short continuity isn't reading a thousand comic books. Drop the gate-keepy BS.

The barrier should be there if you plan to make definitive claims like "Nightwing only has electrified sticks". If you are not knowledgable on a character, you should refrain from making definitive claims and be more open to receiving information.

That he rarely if ever uses, at least as Nightwing.

Again, another definitive claim coming from the lack of knowledge. He uses his gadgets in over 50% of his fights in the New 52. I actually made a full list earlier because i had other Viners who don't read his run make the same claim. Nightwing does use his gadgets.

I mentioned his shock batons, why would tasers be worthy of note in any sense?

I should correct myself, it was tasers in the form of wingdings, giving him extended range on his electric attacks.

A grappling hook isn't relevant and "many many more" means stuff he used once and was instantly forgotten about for the next thirty issues.

A grappling hook is relevant when it comes to fighting in a city environment. Nightwing tends to utilize his superior mobility in fights.

This is where you post him tanking bullets above and beyond small arms fire. I'll wait.

Thankfully, you won't have to wait for long

No Caption Provided

The suit is also fireproof (which really helps protect from explosions.)

His suit has, although it still clearly hurt him. He isn't remotely near a level where he can no sell grenades so I don't see why you insist on this point of argument.

He would have his suit, so, making the distinction here is useless. That would be like saying Iron Man has no durability, his suit does. I mean, it's true, but irrelevant.

He is mobile enough to dodge grenades and cover ground, thus, only potentially being "tagged" by the shockwaves. The feats prove that he would, indeed, no sell what Bucky can do. But, not by staying in one place and taking it, instead, through the combination of mobility and his armored suit.

#147 Posted by ANTHP2000 (26769 posts) - - Show Bio
  • H2H: Holding his own against Batman
  • Speed: Dancing around Catwoman
  • Gear: Litteraly retardant to most of Bucky's equipment + higher reach and semi-one shot weapons

Yeah Bucky stomps this amirite