#4 Posted by liqmidiq (335 posts) - - Show Bio

Dick wins.

#5 Edited by Wewlad80 (3411 posts) - - Show Bio

Nightwing because hes a comic character and he was trained by Batgod

Bucky Curbstomps

#6 Posted by StormShadow_X (16373 posts) - - Show Bio

Dick

#7 Posted by RisingBean (9797 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't engage in movie/comics crossovers.

Avatar image for the_real_seaman
#8 Posted by the_real_seamAn (2116 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm gonna say that Dick should take this one

Avatar image for ready_4_madness
#9 Posted by Ready_4_Madness (15445 posts) - - Show Bio

@wewlad80: Nightwing feats from his sparring match with Batman is better than Bucky's best feats.

Avatar image for indomitableregal
#10 Posted by IndomitableRegal (15692 posts) - - Show Bio

Nightwing comfortably. Really don't see Bucky doing much against him.

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
#11 Posted by AllStarSuperman (43020 posts) - - Show Bio

ightwing wins by feats

Avatar image for deactivated-5a89ca5697052
#13 Posted by deactivated-5a89ca5697052 (8063 posts) - - Show Bio

Bucky can win, but Nightwing should take a solid majority.

#14 Posted by Ouroborik (3377 posts) - - Show Bio

Yup, it's another one of those threads

"Comic book characters always win"

I vote for Bucky because I'm tired of that generalization

#15 Posted by the_wspanialy (3915 posts) - - Show Bio

Animated N52 Nightwing would be a better choice for this battle.

As it is, Dick takes this. It's not a stomp, but it's not exactly close either.

#16 Posted by Cosmic_Templar (2571 posts) - - Show Bio

Nightwing easily.

#17 Posted by Chimeroid (9236 posts) - - Show Bio

There is already a thread with Animated N52 Nightwing. And it was a good fight prior to Judas Contract. Now Animated Nightwing stomps as well.

#18 Posted by Arcus1 (27678 posts) - - Show Bio

Nightwing should win, can provide reasons later

#19 Edited by the_wspanialy (3915 posts) - - Show Bio

@chimeroid said:
@the_wspanialy said:

There is already a thread with Animated N52 Nightwing.

Yeah, I totaly forgot, we were even disscusing this, my bad.

And it was a good fight prior to Judas Contract. Now Animated Nightwing stomps as well.

What makes you say that? I was watching Judas Contract at work so I propably missed something.

#20 Edited by Chimeroid (9236 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_wspanialy: The beginning of the movie, where the vortex was sucking in everyone Dick (while still a Robin) managed to hold himself down with only one arm. The same vortex was seen lifting an elephant.

He also took that huge fall without any injuries and took a lot of punches from a finally amped Deathstroke who was easily capable of shattering really thick concrete. Also dodging gunfire rather casually. LIke, "slightly tilt your head to dodge" casually.

So basically, good strength, durability that was well established before as being INSANE. And just about enough reflexes to be slightly faster than Bucky.

#21 Posted by Stefano (2521 posts) - - Show Bio

Nightwing

Avatar image for blackpantherisb
#22 Posted by blackpantherisb (6994 posts) - - Show Bio

Nightwing handily

#23 Posted by buildhare (8619 posts) - - Show Bio

Bucky should win.

#24 Posted by Arcus1 (27678 posts) - - Show Bio

@wewlad80 said:

Bucky Curbstomps

Why do you think Bucky curbstomps?

#25 Posted by Wewlad80 (3411 posts) - - Show Bio

@arcus1 said:
@wewlad80 said:

Bucky Curbstomps

Better stats, More experienced.

#26 Edited by AcroKat (7384 posts) - - Show Bio

Bucky gets stomped. Nowhere near as skilled, fast, or agile. Nightwing also beat stronger foes before, and that's the only thing he brings to the table...

#27 Posted by ganon15 (7076 posts) - - Show Bio

@acrokat said:

Bucky gets stomped. Nowhere near as skilled, fast, or agile. Nightwing also beat stronger foes before, and that's the only thing he brings to the table...

#28 Posted by buildhare (8619 posts) - - Show Bio

@acrokat said:

I've only read just past his encounter with Cobb, spoil this for me?

#29 Posted by AcroKat (7384 posts) - - Show Bio

@buildhare: Just an example. He tanked 2 direct hits and was grabbed by a giant demon that made a big shockwave with a punch and tore through solid concrete like paper. Nightwing was beating it down with his own hits and defeated him by sending him back to Hell via BFR.

And he didn't exactly beat him but he put Tempest, the Atlantean in a submission hold and stunned him with a kick.

#30 Posted by Arcus1 (27678 posts) - - Show Bio

@wewlad80 said:
@arcus1 said:
@wewlad80 said:

Bucky Curbstomps

In terms of experience, Nightwing's got experiences MCU Bucky doesn't even come close to, he's gone up against a significantly greater variety of opponents, and runs with people way more powerful than anyone Bucky's encountered. Plus, just being alive longer than Nightiwng doesn't really mean much, especially since this is fiction

The only area I could see Bucky having superior stats would be in raw strength, mainly via his arm. I don't think it's anything Nightwing couldn't handle

As some examples from his fight with Bruce that wrecked the Batcave

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2Gallery image 3Gallery image 4

In terms of skill, Dick's got a solid edge on Bucky. He's gone up against way more established fighters and held his own or beaten them. Guys like David Cain come to mind. He modified his fighting style to surprise Midnighter beat Grifter despite the latter's telepathy, as some examples

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2Gallery image 3Gallery image 4Gallery image 5

I don't see any reason to think Bucky curbstomps once you actually look at Nightwing's feats

#31 Posted by Wewlad80 (3411 posts) - - Show Bio

@arcus1 said:
@wewlad80 said:
@arcus1 said:
@wewlad80 said:

Bucky Curbstomps

In terms of experience, Nightwing's got experiences MCU Bucky doesn't even come close to, he's gone up against a significantly greater variety of opponents, and runs with people way more powerful than anyone Bucky's encountered. Plus, just being alive longer than Nightiwng doesn't really mean much, especially since this is fiction

The only area I could see Bucky having superior stats would be in raw strength, mainly via his arm. I don't think it's anything Nightwing couldn't handle

In terms of skill, Dick's got a solid edge on Bucky. He's gone up against way more established fighters and held his own or beaten them. Guys like David Cain come to mind. He modified his fighting style to surprise Midnighter beat Grifter despite the latter's telepathy, as some examples

I don't see any reason to think Bucky curbstomps once you actually look at Nightwing's feats

Yeah none of those feats arent anything Bucky couldnt do with his hands tied behind his back.

#32 Posted by buildhare (8619 posts) - - Show Bio

@acrokat:

Just an example. He tanked 2 direct hits

He didn't tank hits from that demon at all, both times he was hit he was hurt pretty bad.

First Hit;

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2

Left scan first. Nightwing is incapacitated long enough for the demon to escape, it's unclear if he was knocked out.

Second hit;

No Caption Provided

A backhand clearly hurts him a great deal.

and was grabbed by a giant demon that made a big shockwave with a punch

When did it make shock waves?

Nightwing was beating it down with his own hits and defeated him by sending him back to Hell via BFR.

Nightwing landed two hits in their encounter, the first was a hit with a chair from behind which the demon didn't notice. The second was a surprise leap onto his face;

No Caption Provided

Dick pushed him back momentarily because the demon wasn't expecting him, not because he could actually hurt it. The fact it no sold a hit from him earlier and that all he did was dodge support that.

So this statement;

Nightwing also beat stronger foes before

Isn't correct based on those two examples. You said he didn't beat the Atlantean and he had to use scenario specific BFR to beat the Demon. Neither of those are good examples for proving Bucky's strength is going to be something Dick can handle.

#33 Edited by buildhare (8619 posts) - - Show Bio

@arcus1:

The only area I could see Bucky having superior stats would be in raw strength, mainly via his arm.

He doesn't need the arm to have an advantage there, he's definitely stronger than Dick with his organic limbs. What about durability? Striking power?

#34 Posted by AcroKat (7384 posts) - - Show Bio

@buildhare: The first time he got hit directly in the face with a full on punch. He wasn't k.o.ed, but he had to get his armor and cycle, and the acrobats were still performing when we cut back to Grayson after the demon walks off. But he was hurt, I never said he was unharmed but...

Second time he was hit, all it did was make him say "oof", how exactly is that "hurt a great deal"? In that case I guess he hurt Tempest a great deal too. He literally gets right back up immediately too.

The chair strike did nothing yes, but the "surprise" kick happened after he announced his presence, and it's still a hard hit. He also later kicks the demon in it's face and it makes him jerk his head back.

I see your point but there's also more examples of him beating stronger and tougher people.

#35 Posted by AcroKat (7384 posts) - - Show Bio
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

@buildhare: Also restraining Tempest even for a brief moment is more than enough to show that Bucky's raw strength advantage isn't going to help.

#36 Posted by Arcus1 (27678 posts) - - Show Bio

@arcus1:

The only area I could see Bucky having superior stats would be in raw strength, mainly via his arm.

He doesn't need the arm to have an advantage there, he's definitely stronger than Dick with his organic limbs. What about durability? Striking power?

Maybe a bit stronger, I wouldn't say he's definitely stronger

Look at Dick's fight with Batman in the Batcave, I'd say that alone showcases the striking power and durability to keep up with Bucky just fine

@wewlad80 said:
@arcus1 said:
@wewlad80 said:
@arcus1 said:
@wewlad80 said:

Bucky Curbstomps

Yeah none of those feats arent anything Bucky couldnt do with his hands tied behind his back.

Prove it. Prove he's got the skill to gain an upper hand against someone of Midnighter's caliber

No Caption Provided

Prove he's skilled enough to beat a telepath who can predict all his moves

Prove he can go toe to toe with someone like Batman, a guy who solo'ed a squad of dozens of soldiers, took down Solomon Grundy, and more.

Heck, when has Bucky actually beaten anyone on his level of stats (who wasn't holding back/surprised like Cap was when he found Bucky brainwashed) who also had actual martial arts skill?

#37 Edited by Wewlad80 (3411 posts) - - Show Bio

@arcus1 said:
@buildhare said:

@arcus1:

Look at Dick's fight with Batman in the Batcave, I'd say that alone showcases the striking power and durability to keep up with Bucky just fine

@wewlad80 said:
@arcus1 said:
@wewlad80 said:
@arcus1 said:
@wewlad80 said:

Bucky Curbstomps

Prove it. Prove he's got the skill to gain an upper hand against someone of Midnighter's caliber

No Caption Provided

Prove he can go toe to toe with someone like Batman, a guy who solo'ed a squad of dozens of soldiers, took down Solomon Grundy, and more.

Heck, when has Bucky actually beaten anyone on his level of stats (who wasn't holding back/surprised like Cap was when he found Bucky brainwashed) who also had actual martial arts skill?

Why though ? Its Like asking if Thanos can Beat Batgirl in H2H, Do I really need to show him beating people identical to the Bat Rogue Gallery ? Bucky fought Ironman, Dick Gets his Crushed here.

And Bringing Up that Horrible PIS Midnighter "Fight" *Cough* Mid-tier character Jobs so Grayson can Live *Cough* Makes this even worse.

Avatar image for johnpeterbanana
#38 Posted by JohnPeterBanana (1149 posts) - - Show Bio

Nightwing stomps, he would even (arguably... no h8 please) win against comic WS.

#39 Posted by Wewlad80 (3411 posts) - - Show Bio

Nightwing stomps, he would even (arguably... no h8 please) win against comic WS.

Comic Bucky is Inferior. Shows how much you know about WS.

#40 Posted by buildhare (8619 posts) - - Show Bio

@acrokat:

The first time he got hit directly in the face with a full on punch. He wasn't k.o.ed, but he had to get his armor and cycle, and the acrobats were still performing when we cut back to Grayson after the demon walks off. But he was hurt, I never said he was unharmed but...

We have different definitions of tanking a hit then.

Second time he was hit, all it did was make him say "oof", how exactly is that "hurt a great deal"?

Fair point, clearly hurt though.

The chair strike did nothing yes, but the "surprise" kick happened after he announced his presence,

It was definitely a surprise, "announcing his presence" was just him chucking his stick. He'd jumped and kicked the demon before he'd finished his first sentence.

and it's still a hard hit. He also later kicks the demon in it's face and it makes him jerk his head back.

Did he? That panel has him escaping it's grasp and it recoiling but it doesn't actually show a kick. Seems unlikely he did when you consider that he'd first have to overpower the demons grasp to actually kick it, and we know he's nowhere near as strong as it. Maybe a shock?

I see your point but there's also more examples of him beating stronger and tougher people.

Want to spoil them as well? I don't mind.

#41 Posted by buildhare (8619 posts) - - Show Bio

@arcus1:

I'd say being basically dead equal with Cap (who has superior strength feats to Bruce) means he's definitively stronger without the arm.

Scans/Issue?

#42 Posted by Arcus1 (27678 posts) - - Show Bio

@wewlad80 said:
@arcus1 said:
@buildhare said:

@arcus1:

@wewlad80 said:
@arcus1 said:
@wewlad80 said:
@arcus1 said:
@wewlad80 said:

Bucky Curbstomps

No Caption Provided

Why though ? Its Like asking if Thanos can Beat Batgirl in H2H, Do I really need to show him beating people identical to the Bat Rogue Gallery ? Bucky fought Ironman, Dick Gets his Crushed here.

And Bringing Up that Garbage PIS Midnighter "Fight" *Cough* MidNighter Jobs so Grayson can Live *Cough* Makes this even worse.

....You think Thanos and Batgirl is a valid comparison to this? Lol, ok

If Bucky's actually way stronger than Nightwing, then all his showings should indicate this. If the only evidence you have is his fight with Iron Man (it's not like he could actually take Iron Man solo), then maybe you're overestimating the strength necessary to fight Iron Man

I'm not saying Dick's stronger than Bucky, but the gap isn't as wide as you're suggesting, and Dick's more than fast and skilled enough to make up for any strength gap

And lol again at comparing this to Thanos vs Batgirl

#43 Posted by JohnPeterBanana (1149 posts) - - Show Bio

@wewlad80 said:

@johnpeterbanana said:

I really doubt that. Comic Bucky is better in every category, unless I'm missing something really important here.

#44 Posted by Arcus1 (27678 posts) - - Show Bio

@arcus1:

I'd say being basically dead equal with Cap (who has superior strength feats to Bruce) means he's definitively stronger without the arm.

Scans/Issue?

Posted some scans above, it's from Nightwing (2011) issue 30. They basically wrecked the entire Batcave in their fight, crushed the Batmobile, Bruce kicked Dick through a motorcycle (he was fine), sent each other flying with blows, all that jazz

#45 Posted by Wewlad80 (3411 posts) - - Show Bio

@wewlad80 said:

@johnpeterbanana said:

I really doubt that. Comic Bucky is better in every category, unless I'm missing something really important here.

Yeah you are missing something, That hes NOT better in every category.

#46 Posted by JohnPeterBanana (1149 posts) - - Show Bio

@wewlad80 said:

Example and proof?

#47 Posted by Wewlad80 (3411 posts) - - Show Bio

@arcus1 said:
@wewlad80 said:
@arcus1 said:
@buildhare said:

@arcus1:

@wewlad80 said:
@arcus1 said:
@wewlad80 said:
@arcus1 said:
@wewlad80 said:

Bucky Curbstomps

No Caption Provided

And Bringing Up that Garbage PIS Midnighter "Fight" *Cough* MidNighter Jobs so Grayson can Live *Cough* Makes this even worse.

....You think Thanos and Batgirl is a valid comparison to this? Lol, ok

If Bucky's actually way stronger than Nightwing, then all his showings should indicate this. If the only evidence you have is his fight with Iron Man (it's not like he could actually take Iron Man solo), then maybe you're overestimating the strength necessary to fight Iron Man

I'm not saying Dick's stronger than Bucky, but the gap isn't as wide as you're suggesting, and Dick's more than fast and skilled enough to make up for any strength gap

And lol again at comparing this to Thanos vs Batgirl

Yes because Dick is in big trouble here.

He Traded Blows with a Bloodlusted ironman and Tagged him Multiple Times, The same ironman that can Dodge Tank shells after they are fired Casually in an Older Suit.

No Caption Provided

No hes not, Bucky is actually Faster than him as he dodged Falcons guns when he shot at him aswell as smacking away gunfire with his arm. Also Bucky can move as fast as Cars.

#48 Posted by buildhare (8619 posts) - - Show Bio

@arcus1 said:
@buildhare said:

@arcus1:

Scans/Issue?

Posted some scans above, it's from Nightwing (2011) issue 30. They basically wrecked the entire Batcave in their fight, crushed the Batmobile, Bruce kicked Dick through a motorcycle (he was fine), sent each other flying with blows, all that jazz

Sending people the distance they did isn't really SSS level, I don't think any hit in that fight was on par with what Bucky can dish out. Batman got most of the good durability feats as well (mainly the Batmobile crush).

How do you quantify Dick taking the bike kick? It was kicked with enough force to break the bike but compare that to how people on Bucky's tier in the MCU have interacted with similar weighted objects (i.e Cap's bike throw, truck kick, Ultron throw) and I think it's pretty clear they could surpass that hit if they were in Batman's place.

#49 Posted by Wewlad80 (3411 posts) - - Show Bio

@wewlad80 said:

Example and proof?

The Burden of proof is on you since you first Implied such.

Show me scans of Comic Bucky being Better than his MCU Counterpart. Comic Bucky doesnt even Have the Serum and has inferior stats from the start.

#50 Edited by AcroKat (7384 posts) - - Show Bio

@buildhare: "Withstood" might be better but I don't think it matters. Bucky can't hit Grayson anyway.

When he threw the stick he also started an entire conversation with the demon and witch lady lol. It is not a surprise at that point.

No Caption Provided

Yeah, he kicked and hurt him. You can see where he goes "EHNN!"

Like his fight with Batman in Nightwing 30 (stronger as in striking power). Bruce kicked him so hard it split a motorcycle in half. Nightwing came out on top in the fight. His fight with Midnighter in Grayson, the first one he's fighting evenly, the second one he gains the upper hand (And wins but that win was due to context, other than that the fight was initially stacked against Grayson). He also easily physically restrained a Talon with one leg, and they are enhanced to superhuman.

No Caption Provided

And again, this is more than enough. Garth is tougher, stronger, faster, and possibly, due to being an atlantean warrior and part of the team to take down the king at one point, similarly skilled as Bucky.