Nightwing and Tigress (Young Justice) vs Ty Lee and Suki (ATLA)

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Nightwing and Tigress:

No Caption Provided

VS

Suki and Ty Lee:

No Caption Provided

When these martial arts masters do battle, who will win?

Young Justice versions of Tigress and Nightwing. Suki and Ty Lee are from Avatar (if that wasn't clear already)

Fight takes place in a forest. Time is twilight. Starting distance is 50 feet

Current, standard gear for all (I'm open to reducing the YJ team's gear if that seems helpful)

All are in character. Victory by ko

Who wins?

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump

The_Justiciar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 anthp2000  Moderator

Ty Lee and Suki.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The_Justiciar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus1: Just on a first glance, I'd say Ty Lee and Suki.

High-end hand to hand skill showings aren't really a focus of YJ. Someone like Dick seems to be a good martial artist, but we don't really have that much to go on for him. Tigress is also skilled, but YJ is very realistic in a sense; peak humans can't just leap around, dodge everything, and oneshot-KO everyone like in other comic book media. We see in S3 that even Tigress can have prolonged & lengthy bouts with physically imposing fodder (and they get back up, they're not just taken out immediately); it's a bit more grounded than one might expect.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus1: Just on a first glance, I'd say Ty Lee and Suki.

High-end hand to hand skill showings aren't really a focus of YJ. Someone like Dick seems to be a good martial artist, but we don't really have that much to go on for him. Tigress is also skilled, but YJ is very realistic in a sense; peak humans can't just leap around, dodge everything, and oneshot-KO everyone like in other comic book media. We see in S3 that even Tigress can have prolonged & lengthy bouts with physically imposing fodder (and they get back up, they're not just taken out immediately); it's a bit more grounded than one might expect.

I do kinda see what you're saying, but I'm not sure I'd describe YJ as grounded persay (someone like Nightwing can kick a ninja through a substantial rock column, Cheshire can match superhuman Aqualad, Sportsmaster casually dodges lasers and smashes through metal with his ball and chain, etc.)

I am hoping to see more of Tigress/Nightwing in action (I expect that fight scene with Sensei and his ninjas that was shown in the trailers to be good)

In pure h2h, Tigress is probably the weakest link here (so far, at least). She is supposed to be a sharpshooter first and foremost, so I think she's still more than capable of holding her own. It's not like she had any real trouble with the guys she fought most recently, and even back in S1 teenage Artemis was pretty capable

No Caption Provided

But I do think the inclusion of gear is gonna be helpful for the YJ team, at least for now (since they're gonna be getting more feats while the Avatar characters aren't, that could change)

The_Justiciar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus1: Don't get me wrong, YJ definitely has unrealistic moments. But on an aggregate, the peak humans aren't really that far out of the realm of realism as one might expect. Dick's rock busting feat is definitely a great one, though I was referring more to general efficiency in hand to hand than individual physical feats.

Sportsmaster is a beast, not gonna deny that. Cheshire is also one of the better combatants on the show. Maybe Season 3 is different tonally, they might be going for the idea that hand to hand fights aren't as easy as they're shown to be in other media. I'm really not sure.

I just noticed that this is standard gear battle though. In which case, I'd back Dick and Artemis. IMO they're much better trained for this type of thing and better suited for it.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus1: Don't get me wrong, YJ definitely has unrealistic moments. But on an aggregate, the peak humans aren't really that far out of the realm of realism as one might expect. Dick's rock busting feat is definitely a great one, though I was referring more to general efficiency in hand to hand than individual physical feats.

Sportsmaster is a beast, not gonna deny that. Cheshire is also one of the better combatants on the show. Maybe Season 3 is different tonally, they might be going for the idea that hand to hand fights aren't as easy as they're shown to be in other media. I'm really not sure.

I just noticed that this is standard gear battle though. In which case, I'd back Dick and Artemis. IMO they're much better trained for this type of thing and better suited for it.

I'm still in awe of how they managed to turn a character as lame as Sportsmaster into someone so awesome

I think we're still pretty early in S3 to say it's a different tone, sometimes it just looks cooler to take a bit longer to put down a fodder (using cooler looking moves instead of just one punch and done)

Do you think it's a good fight with the gear?

The_Justiciar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus1: It's a good fight (mainly due to the evasive abilities of Ty Lee and Suki), but I think the YJ team edge it out.

Avatar image for justicethorpsylocke
justicethorpsylocke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Nightwing and Tigress. Their physicals are pretty good and Suki is a bit of a weak link compared to Ty Lee.

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 anthp2000  Moderator

@arcus1:

H2h is an inevitable situation here given Suki and Ty Lee's vastly superior speed and agility, and they'll win there.

InvadedTBD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By InvadedTBD

I saw Ty Lee and thought the OP was TyLeeTitan, glad it’s not.

OT: I would back the YJ duo because of gear, don’t think Ty Lee(the big threat on the Avatar team) can hit pressure points properly thru it imo.

TheVivas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

YJ team, though I haven’t watched Season 3 yet.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump

Avatar image for crimson-feather
Crimson-Feather

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ty Lee and Suki are significantly superior fighters from what i have seen, they should win.

Hope_w

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Honestly...ty Lee solos

King-Ragnar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Never seen anything from Artemis or Dick suggesting that they can win here. I'm inclined to say Ty Lee solos.

katrurius17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By katrurius17

Never seen anything from Artemis or Dick suggesting that they can win here. I'm inclined to say Ty Lee solos.

The_Justiciar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus1: Yeah, I think YJ is going for something much more grounded than what we see in ATLA. Cheshire being shot from behind by a security guard is like... something I'd expect to see in a realistic crime drama.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus1: Yeah, I think YJ is going for something much more grounded than what we see in ATLA. Cheshire being shot from behind by a security guard is like... something I'd expect to see in a realistic crime drama.

She literally got shot in the back, I don't think that's a reason to say YJ's street levelers are particularly grounded

This episode even suggests that Cheshire hasn't been in the right state of mind (she was clearly going through some emotional stuff even before too)

I mean, in this past episode (as one example)

We've got Nightwing going toe to toe with a Superboy+ level meta

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Tigress was apparently doing similarly against the other Terror twin, we just didn't get to see it

Street levelers are always gonna be somewhat grounded (hence the street level part), but I don't see how YJ street levelers are on some sort of different tier

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump