Nicolas Le Banner vs Naidan Mönkhbat (Kengan Omega)

KingCrimson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

The Grim Reaper of Paris vs The Hawk of Ordos

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Setup

• Kengan Match rules
  • In character
  • No knowledge

KingCrimson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Rac95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Rac95

Without Naidan knowing about Nicolas nerve strikes, Nicolas has a good advantage. His reflexes are objectively speaking among the fastest in the verse, his reach is good and each hit would cause problems. Considering that he also had an exchange of blows and could block a hit from Akoya, he can definitely take a few hits.

There are only a few problems I see here. The first is that we have seen no permanent way of Nicolas putting down someone. Sure he put Akoya on his knees multiple times, but even he was surprised how fast he recovered from his diaphragm strike for example, something that someone with Naidans build could possibly replicate.

The second is, that we have no real strength feats from Nicolas, aside from bloodying Akoya a few times. So saying he could put down his opponent with physical hits is hard to argue

The third is his stamina. We see that he is alredy getting exhausted. It is most likely accelerated by the fact that he has a constant offence-defence battle with an enemy faster than him, but even then it looks like a few hits can bring him off balance when they interrupt his attacking flow, like Akoyas shoulder tackle and follow-up kick. He recovered pretty fast, but is winded after it, so he wouldn't tank all hits.

And last but not least their combat styles. If Naidan manages to get a hold of Nicolas it is basically game over for him, since has no real counter for that, save a hit he maybe landed shortly before it

bsquaredz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don’t think Nicolas has the power to hurt naidan since he’s a middleweight but him attacking the nerves is a problem but at the danger time naidan should know about the nerves since he was in purgatory so think it would come due to speed where Nicolas could have an advantage since he has one of the fastest reactions of the verse but with naidan big build and style he could turn it over I say it’s a win fir naidan since naidan is a heavyweight and Nicolas is having trouble with justice boy that Nicolas himself counters

Rac95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bsquaredz: To be fair though Naidan has no knowledge in this scenario and Akoya is even faster than Nicolas

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Sy8000  Online

Tough. Pressure points hard counter muscles but Eye of the Hawk should be a significant asset for Naidan in grabbing ahold of Nicholas. I think Naidan would have to be ready to take some punishment to give him an opportunity to grab Nicholas. The problem with that is Nicholas keeps good distance with his fencing form.

I'll give Nicholas the edge.

Xebec

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Naidan should already know how Nicolas fights (considering he's been in Purgatory for 2 years), and Nic's style is pretty linear for the most part. Eye in the Sky kinda counters.

Not to mention Nicolas is only as effective as he is against akoya cause of Akoya's defensive style. Naidan is way more aggressive, and his power dispersal could throw nicolas off balance big time. Honestly, a throw or 2 from naidan with winningintent (highlighted winning intent since he didn't fight like that during his Gaoh match) should put Nic down.

my opinion = fax

ur opinion = creditless

Rac95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why do most people ignore the "No knowledge "-part?

pachya69420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No knowledge really hurts Naidan

Naidan is stronger than Akoya so he should shake off the nerve strikes faster but Nicolas can just spam nerve strikes but i guess in character he wouldn't do that.

The Nicolas statement about middleweights being strong enough to kill makes me fell like eventually Nicolas could kill Naidan who was taking some heavy damage from Ryuki

Nicolas is implied to have some not so great durability so if Naidan lands a slam like he did against his master its probably it for nicolas

Nicolas should be faster but not by a huge amount due to Naidan keeping up with Ryuki, Naidan's eye of the sky should help a fair bit after Naidan gets Nicolas' patterns down which shouldn't be too hard due to Nicolas' style being a form of 3 public martial arts (i assume Nicolas still has his karate even though he learned karate when he knew Naidan)

The only fight we saw of Naidan where he wasn't trying to die was against his master which lasted like a page but we should assume Naidan immediately goes for the throw like .Jurota.

Both should be stronger here than they were in their matches Nicolas doesn't have to wait for Naidan to recover after a diaphragm shot and could start beating him while he is down,

I'd give Naidan a slim majority if he slams nicolas before a diaphragm shot