Avatar image for echostarlord117
#1 Edited by echostarlord117 (5617 posts) - - Show Bio
Gallery image 1Gallery image 2

Pre-Mending Nicol Bolas and Crisis on Infinite Earths Anti-Monitor begin in our universe and are singularly focused on destroying one another.

If Anti-Monitor stomps this, Bolas gets pre-Mending Ugin on his team.

#2 Edited by WollfMyth209 (16797 posts) - - Show Bio

What are Emrakul's best feats?

Also, which version of Anti-Monitor?

#3 Posted by noah_ouellette (3719 posts) - - Show Bio

@wollfmyth209: Antimonitor stomps.

Bonus round: Bolas takes it hard.

#4 Posted by echostarlord117 (5617 posts) - - Show Bio

What are Emrakul's best feats?

Also, which version of Anti-Monitor?

I made a mistake pitting Emrakul vs. Anti-Monitor. Her best feat is corrupting entire planes in MtG, but she's not nearly powerful enough to contend with a being that can devour entire universes whole. She can't even affect non-organic matter. I'm going to change the battle.

Also, I'm using the Crisis on Infinite Earths version.

Bonus round: Bolas takes it hard.

Really? Alone? How powerful is pre-Mending Bolas? Who in DC/Marvel would be a good match if not even the Anti-Monitor can take him?

#5 Posted by WollfMyth209 (16797 posts) - - Show Bio
Avatar image for diarrhearegatta
#6 Posted by DiarrheaRegatta (5179 posts) - - Show Bio

Anti-Monitor.

#7 Edited by echostarlord117 (5617 posts) - - Show Bio

@wollfmyth209: I’m not the best person to ask. I’m just getting into MtG lore. I made this thread particularly to learn more about it.

I do know that he is capable of passively destroying entire planes, i.e. his mere presence will destroy planes lacking in certain mana departments. Many say that MtG planes are akin to universes, but most planes seem to be like solar systems to me so take that as you will. Either way, their destruction takes little to no effort on Bolas’ part. He also has insanely broken TP which AFAIK not a single being in the MtG universe is truly resistant to. The slightest touch of his body will shatter anyone’s mind. It’s versatile, too, allowing him to do things like implant personalities into other being’s minds. He’s got crazy hax, such as seemingly limitless time manipulation and reality warping (this might be why many people consider him nigh-omnipotent). And of course he’s got a whole host of “typical” magical abilities such as necromancy of all forms (soul manipulation, instakilling life, etc.), defensive magic (both capable of countering/tanking physical, energy based, and magical attacks), and offensive magic (far beyond what even a pantheon of gods can handle).

In my opinion, the outcome of this battle depends on whether or not planes in MtG are on the same scale as DC universes. If they are, I believe Bolas has the advantage due to his sheer versatility. If they’re not, well...

#8 Posted by PhoenixTitan (899 posts) - - Show Bio

This is too much for Nicol Bolas. Maybe if he had Jace's help?

#9 Posted by echostarlord117 (5617 posts) - - Show Bio

@phoenixtitan: In the OP, I say he gets pre-Mending Ugin if Anti-Monitor is too much.