New Sentry (Marvel) vs Supreme (Liefeld Version)

SaiHuter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll New Sentry (Marvel) vs Supreme (Liefeld Version) (13 votes)

New Sentry 54%
Supreme 46%

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Rules

• Win by fatality
  • No prior knowledge
  • No BFR
  • Bloodlust
  • Located on Xandar
 • 
destinyman75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hard to say but leaning Supreme he's more likely to go all out from the start but could see Sentry as well

GoodKarma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

GoodKarma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

also am I missing something why are the polls saying that Supreme wins this...?

Unless Supreme has some god-tier feats that I've never heard of, he's getting bullied.

Avatar image for professorrespect
ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

New/Merged Sentry got no feats and was swiftly forgotten about when King of Black started.

also am I missing something why are the polls saying that Supreme wins this...?

Unless Supreme has some god-tier feats that I've never heard of, he's getting bullied.

Because Supreme has feats

GoodKarma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@professorrespect: Merged Sentry is literally just the void and Sentry combined.

Now as I said in my last message, unless Supreme has some god-tier feats he's getting bullied.

ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@professorrespect: Merged Sentry is literally just the void and Sentry combined.

Now as I said in my last message, unless Supreme has some god-tier feats he's getting bullied.

It's a new persona IIRC, not necessarily just the two combined. It doesn't have any feats either

Properthe1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@professorrespect: I’m pretty sure Reed sent him into the the negative zone and he took it over and destroyed the canververse iirc

Alphamon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pretty sure sentry took on all of the avengers like twice. And did pretty decent against them

GoodKarma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@goodkarma said:

It's a new persona IIRC, not necessarily just the two combined. It doesn't have any feats either

Nah it's not a new persona. The Sentry is a persona, the void is basically a manifestation of Bob's schizophrenia.

When they joined together in Sentry #4 it was shown like this:

No Caption Provided

Notice how he calls the Void his "other half"? This new version of Sentry is basically a Sentry without a fractured psyche and schizophrenia, the Sentry himself explains it best:

No Caption Provided

ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By ProfessorRespect
@goodkarma said:
@professorrespect said:
@goodkarma said:

Nah it's not a new persona. The Sentry is a persona, the void is basically a manifestation of Bob's schizophrenia.

Notice how he calls the Void his "other half"? This new version of Sentry is basically a Sentry without a fractured psyche and schizophrenia, the Sentry himself explains it best:

Yeah it's a new persona etc, the two of them melded together into a singular persona

The fact that they still had issues after merging suggests that said fractured psyche wasn't fixed at all, in fact when they show up in King of Black the dynamics are the same as before despite the merge taking place

GoodKarma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By GoodKarma
@professorrespect said:
@goodkarma said:
@professorrespect said:
@goodkarma said:

Yeah it's a new persona etc, the two of them melded together into a singular persona

So because you think it's a "new persona" that cancels out the feats of both Sentry & The Void? even though the comic itself shows them joining together i.e. combining powers, hell even at face value this new version of Sentry bullies Supreme, I'm still waiting for feats for him by the way.

ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@professorrespect said:
@goodkarma said:
@professorrespect said:
@goodkarma said:

So because you think it's a "new persona" that cancels out the feats of both Sentry & The Void? even though the comic itself shows them joining together i.e. combining powers

Them joining together doesn't mean they have composite powers, in fact Merged Sentry has barely any feats worth mentioning

hell even at face value this new version of Sentry bullies Supreme

The new version doesn't have any mentionable feats etc, he was separated by Surfer

GoodKarma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By GoodKarma

@professorrespect:

Them joining together doesn't mean they have composite powers, in fact Merged Sentry has barely any feats worth mentioning

Dude...you're missing my point both the Void and the Sentry are Bob Reynolds.

"The Sentry" is the persona that Bob Reynolds portrays.

He is what Spider-Man is to Peter Parker.

"The Void" is a physical manifestation of Bob Reynolds' schizophrenia.

No Caption Provided

Both of their feats are applicable Irregardless of whether you like it or not.

The new version doesn't have any mentionable feats etc, he was separated by Surfer

Except he does, as shown above. This "All-New Sentry" is Bob Reynolds with a repaired psyche, his feats as the Sentry are still applicable because the Sentry is nothing more than a superhero name and the Void's feats are applicable because they are just a result of a fracture psyche lashing out, with a completely healed psyche he's capable of all of that and so much more.

ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@professorrespect:

Dude...you're missing my point both the Void and the Sentry are Bob Reynolds

Ye

"The Sentry" is the persona that Bob Reynolds portrays

Sure

He is what Spider-Man is to Peter Parker.

"The Void" is a physical manifestation of Bob Reynolds' schizophrenia

Cool

Both of their feats are applicable Irregardless of whether you like it or not

You lose the point here given Merged Sentry is not Sentry nor Void, he is a new persona

Except he does, as shown above

No feats were mentioned or shown

This "All-New Sentry" is Bob Reynolds with a repaired psyche

Is not repaired as King of Black showed

with a completely healed psyche he's capable of all of that and so much more

Is fan-canon given Merged showed up in one story (ignoring the one panel debut) and did nothing of notice

GoodKarma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@professorrespect:

You lose the point here given Merged Sentry is not Sentry nor Void, he is a new persona

Which is still Bob Reynolds, the same guy who performed all of the feats before...

All feats shown by the Void and the Sentry are applicable

Scans?

Is fan-canon given Merged showed up in one story (ignoring the one panel debut) and did nothing of notice

No mate it's using common sense..?

ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By ProfessorRespect
@goodkarma said:

@professorrespect:

Which is still Bob Reynolds, the same guy who performed all of the feats before

By that logic shall I say that Sentry can do what Void can do? No, because that's silly. The same person does not equate to the same persona, Merged Sentry is his own thing and didn't fix or resolve Bob's mental problems, so it wasn't a composite, it was just another persona.

You didn't show anything, so no.

Scans

King of Black has him in his regular Sentry costume and then Knull ripping him apart using the Void to separate his body and mentality: clearly no merge has occurred if both are still different and separate etc

No mate it's using common sense

"common sense" is not "x character has no feats and is itself a unique persona but he gets all feats from before because uhhh same person" because your line of thinking literally falls apart with his first appearance in Agents of Wakanda, he still has no idea wtf to do with himself despite the so-called "merge" making him stable lol, then goes on to be separated again because he couldn't handle the Void. The new persona was EVEN WORSE than Stable Sentry at keeping it at bay.

RENEGADISM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

How "new" is New Sentry? Did this iteration appear in a recent/ongoing issue?

GoodKarma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By GoodKarma
@professorrespect said:
@goodkarma said:

@professorrespect:

By that logic shall I say that Sentry can do what Void can do? No, because that's silly. The same person does not equate to the same persona, Merged Sentry is his own thing and didn't fix or resolve Bob's mental problems, so it wasn't a composite, it was just another persona.

Scans

King of Black has him in his regular Sentry costume and then Knull ripping him apart using the Void to separate his body and mentality: clearly no merge has occurred if both are still different and separate etc

"common sense" is not "x character has no feats and is itself a unique persona but he gets all feats from before because uhhh same person".

Yes...?

You want feats for Void and Sentry? Bro I'm still waiting for you to produce scans for Supreme or are you incapable of doing that?

I'm noticing a distinct lack of scans here

"common sense" is not "x character has no feats and is itself a unique persona but he gets all feats from before because uhhh same person".

Yes it is...because it still the same body that ingested the serum that gave him his powers in the first place... or do you think changing costume changes your genetic make-up?

GoodKarma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@renegadism: I think his last appearance was in King In Black: Return of the Valkyries #3 I could be wrong though

ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@professorrespect said:
@goodkarma said:

@professorrespect:

Scans

Yes

No, because Sentry and Void are separate personas: they do not act on the same primary functions (I.E. Sentry becomes weaker with instability, Void does not, Void uses reality warping more than Sentry, etc)

You want feats for Void and Sentry

No, I want feats showing Merged can do Void and Sentry feats apparently.

Bro I'm still waiting for you to produce scans for Supreme

I'm not arguing for Supreme etc, that's not the issue.

I'm noticing a distinct lack of scans here

I can cite you the issue given I already read it, I can't link it due to CV's policy on piracy. King of Black #1 etc, I show it in the Knull RT.

Yes it is...because it still the same body that ingested the serum that gave him his powers in the first place

This is, again, a very poor argument: the "same body" is rapidly different between Bob's different personas, be it Void, Sentry, Merged, himself, etc. He literally warped his own body into convincing himself that he was powerless in his original run, that's how his mind works etc.

Also, as I added on to the last post:

"because your line of thinking literally falls apart with his first appearance in Agents of Wakanda, he still has no idea wtf to do with himself despite the so-called "merge" making him stable lol, then goes on to be separated again because he couldn't handle the Void. The new persona was EVEN WORSE than Stable Sentry at keeping it at bay."

This is a completely new persona that was delusional and thought it had control of the Void when it didn't at all, in fact Bob begged Reed Richards to separate the two because of how bad it got. I get you haven't read any of his new stuff but this is pretty bad for a response given it's just randomly asserting otherwise.

GoodKarma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@professorrespect: I respect your opinion but it looks like we're not going to agree on the matter.

ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By ProfessorRespect
@renegadism said:

Merged Sentry appeared in Agents of Wakanda where he accidently was reality warping a town until Fat Cobra defeated him. He disappears after that as Reed separates Bob from the Void (Bob is stuck in the Negative Zone powerless while Void goes off elsewhere to make a new Annihilation arc thus marking the end of Merged/"new" Sentry.

ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@professorrespect: I respect your opinion but it looks like we're not going to agree on the matter.

I don't think it's a matter of agreeing, Merged Sentry shows up once and does nothing by himself, he is ultimately featless from a intent standpoint lol. Unless we disagree with how it applies to battles then sure.

GoodKarma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By GoodKarma
@professorrespect said:
@goodkarma said:

I don't think it's a matter of agreeing, Merged Sentry shows up once and does nothing by himself, he is ultimately featless from a intent standpoint lol. Unless we disagree with how it applies to battles then sure.

No I was referring to the interpretation on what happened in panel and how the dynamics between Bob/Sentry/Void works.

ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@professorrespect said:
@goodkarma said:

No I was referring to the interpretation on what happened in panel and how the dynamics between Bob/Sentry/Void works.

Well yeah fair enough about that etc

cancerverse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Sentry