#451 Posted by Just_Banter (12356 posts) - - Show Bio

@primez0ne: "Ow." Ash steadied herself before coughing into her hand after the sudden upending of the truck, resulting in several small drops of blood landing on her palm. After quickly looking around to make sure none of the others in the truck were looking at him he squeezed his palm tightly, the blood having vanished as he opened his palm again. Looking out of the window, Ash saw the monster of a man approach the truck. "My, that doesn't look good." It was at this point that she was starting to wish that she didn't take that test, but at the very least she was thankful that the sudden jolt seemed to have dimmed her hangover a slight amount.

Ash turned to see if any of the other passengers were injured. The ones with the weird auras were grouped by the windows watching the monster-man with grim looks on their faces. Of the two normal-seeming ones, one of them was sitting up against the side of the truck without a scratch, gazing up at the ceiling with a zoned-out look on his face. Ash figured one of the two abnormals must have done something to soften the blow for him. The other one didn't get off so lucky. He didn't look like he was from New Advent, or Ashfall either for that matter. He was missing the smug demeanour New Advent residents usually had from the little Ash had observed from him, and he was similarly missing the dirty, torn clothes, and confrontational attitude Ashfall's residents usually had. Ash guessed that he would have been from Newgate. Ash felt a little sorry for him. This must have been a rough welcome to the Silo. Not that something like that mattered at this point. The man was lying on the floor with a small pool of blood slowly starting to bloom out from the back of his head.

"Shit." Ash pulled herself away from the window and the sight taking place outside and hurried to the man. After making sure he didn't have any spinal injuries she carefully flipped him onto his side to look at the wound. It didn't seem like it was too bad. There was a small fracture on the back of his skull. It would be a routine surgery of opening up a bit of his skull to ease the pressure on the brain and then ensuring he had enough blood before eventually sealing him back up. It's the type of treatment Ash would be able to leave to the younger staff. Thinking this, Ash grimaced. Routine if he was in a hospital, at least. "I didn't want to do this if I could help it, but..."

Ash gently placed her hand on the top of the man's skull, and, without a sound or any resistance from the skull, entered it. Ash worked her hand through the head of the man, found the wound, and sealed it in place from the inside before worming her hand back out of the man's head. Miraculously, where there should have been a giant, hand-sized hole in his skull, there wasn't even a scratch. It was as if the last several seconds hadn't happened at all, but the result of the bleeding having stopped was undeniable. Ash sighed a breath of relief. Partly because it worked, and partly because it seemed like nobody had seen what happened due to being too focused on the man outside who had nearly reached the truck.

Feat:

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2Gallery image 3Gallery image 4Gallery image 5Gallery image 6Gallery image 7Gallery image 8

Here Kirei takes Shirou's command seal through his body without actually affecting his physical body. Usually, the only way to remove command seals is through ripping them out along with everything they connect to, which is mainly muscle and nerves. It's not pretty, but the way Kirei does it is. Ash should be able to stop the dudes bleeding (especially since Kirei has experience with heavy blood loss related injuries, such as when he replaces the entirety of Shirou's arm with Archer's without him dying).

#452 Posted by Primez0ne (9811 posts) - - Show Bio

@jotun:@elijah_c_washington As Rollie went through her diatribe Alexis stared fixedly beyond both her and Thor She kept a hand on Tim's shoulder keeping him from touching the hammer while muttering something about it not being safe to touch. Once Rollie finished Alexis reached out and gently put an arm around her.

"Rollie, I think you need to calm down. You're not making any sense," She guided Rollie to a seat, "I would certainly get Des for you, but he left after we had a...er....talk. He said he needed to see a 'Junior' at some club."

She looked up at Thor, "You are definitely something else I'll say, but excuse me if I admit I don't believe in gods. Neither you nor the Guardian."

#453 Posted by Primez0ne (9811 posts) - - Show Bio

@mylittlefascist: As the duo made their way into the castle, they saw a distorted view of the inner chambers. Paintings sung and danced obnoxiously. Whispers of fleet-footed rumors spread among the statues and bustling servants went about destroying the paintings while applying fresh coats of paints over the mouths of the statues. The "stone" of the floor seemed to sink a bit beneath the weight of their feet. Jack could hear a brief almost imaginary sigh whenever he brought his foot up. Down some stairs leading into an alligator pit, through an archway of dark lights, past a garden of nicely grown blue cats. Eventually they reached a door. Four bronze cards situated themselves into the door. Having seen no one close by Ginger stepped forwards cautiously examining the door.

"This looks like where the king should be...although I don't know how we are going to-" the four cards fall off the door onto the door. Appendages unfold themselves from the cards' bodies with staffs pointed at Ginger.

(The card soldiers have the stats and weapons of Magna Guards from Star Wars)

Avatar image for elijah_c_washington
#454 Edited by Elijah_C_Washington (4618 posts) - - Show Bio

@primez0ne: @jotun:

Thor spoke out to Alexis 「 Mortals seldom do until they see one in combat. Heimdall is not in this realm, hence none else deserves the title of Guardian. You are wise in that one, child. 」

「 Alex, I assure you, I'm as calm as possible given the circumstances. 」Rollie nearly laughed, drawing Alexis back to her. She used the hand that'd been wrapped around her to pull her ally closer and away from Thor. 「 God or not, his power is most definitely real. Do not test him. 」she finished in an austere tone. Rollie stood back up and let Alexis go, innocuously brushing off the shoulder she had grabbed her by. 「 I really don't mean to bother either you or Tim. Thanks for the heads-up on Des, go ahead and tell him I was here if you see him. We'll leave now. 」

Thor picked his hammer off the floor and the two calmly walked outside together.

=====

「 Don't mind her disbelief, God. 」said Rollie, closing the door behind them.

「 I don't care. 」Thor brashly retorted.「 Lead. 」

[ Rollie and Thor proceed with Thor's quest ]

#455 Posted by Primez0ne (9811 posts) - - Show Bio

@oldkaiser: Akira had trouble corning the one constantly following him. Whenever he tried to turn around, he would disappear out of his aura sense. Eventually Akira had to escape into a nearby alleyway making the pursuer follow as well. At the end using a bit of his wits, Akira had the Eldritch cornered. The Eldritch looked nervous at first glancing between his surroundings and Akira as he realized he laid in another's trap. Straightening up and glaring at Akira as if nothing had gone wrong, the Eldritch spoke with a raspy voice.

"What is a human like you doing here disturbing my business. Shoo! I won't ask nicely a second time."

Avatar image for mylittlefascist
#456 Edited by MyLittleFascist (31464 posts) - - Show Bio

@primez0ne: Jack quickly steps in front of Ginger, "Relax, we are not here for a fight. We simply seek an audience with the king." he said.

If it comes to a fight:

Not sure what weapons Ginger brought, so I'll leave that angle up to you. If worse comes to worse, she can pick up one of the energy staves after I kill one.

Anyways, I don't know much about the Magna Guards, but they seem comparable to the various combat androids that exist in RWBY-verse. Blake has already proven that she has enough strength to dice them clean in half:

Loading Video...

That's without the adamantium aura that an esper is capable of generating.

I have not seen any major reaction feats from the Magna Guards when it comes to dealing with projectiles, so in all honesty; my character can probably wipe all 4 of them just by spamming aura infused daggers (with my stats, the knives should be able to penetrate even without the aura infusion):

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2Gallery image 3Gallery image 4
Re: Chapter 18

#457 Posted by OldKaiser (2945 posts) - - Show Bio

@primez0ne:

“Sorry to bother you.”

Akira turned invisible and went towards the other signature.

#458 Edited by Red_Ruby_Petal (8038 posts) - - Show Bio

@primez0ne: (I am just having my character remain vigilant especially since her first encounter.)

Joan tries to stay away from the bunny as to avoid any more dangers but if the bunny is persistent she may as well give in and try interacting with it.

#459 Posted by Warlockmage (9071 posts) - - Show Bio

@primez0ne:

Jim rubbed his eyes "shit man, its too early for this shit. You got any beer... er i mean coffee?" Jim joked. he thought it over... "we can check out the bathroom near the rail station if he's not there we can go to the next location. I was thinking over my plan last night and its not a bad one. Are there any guardsmen nearby we can requisition for this or no?"

#460 Posted by freshQ (52 posts) - - Show Bio

@primez0ne said:

@freshq: Ben felt a strong presence in the shadows. An Eldritch standing taller than 7 feet walked in and placed one hand on the woman's shoulder. She looked up at him with fear in her eyes.

"What's it to you? You don't look like you're from around here"

"Thats not something for your ears, filthy beast" Ben said, as he made an attempt to grab one of his swords.

#461 Edited by Primez0ne (9811 posts) - - Show Bio

@oldkaiserIt takes some time, but Akira eventually finds the same feeling of aura emanating from a certain woman he felt before. After another bit of travelling she eventually disappeared into a junk yard. Two Eldritch stood guard and let her in without a word.

#462 Posted by Primez0ne (9811 posts) - - Show Bio

@just_banter: The woman with dreads stared wide-eyed at what Ash had done. "How did you-" Her eyes grew wider and she swerved her head to the door. Ash felt it too. The metal-clad man's hand burst through the door and ripped it off its hinges in one smooth motion.

"The rest of you can leave. I only want that one" The man pointed at Ash. The hooded man walked out without any hesitation. His slight limp was barely noticeable and he disappeared from all senses within moments. The woman with dreads only hesitated for a few short moments before running out two and jumping onto a nearby rooftop.

With the two gone the man held his head down to get into the back of the vehicle. He reached forward and patted Ash on the head.

"It's good to see you again, old friend."

#463 Edited by Just_Banter (12356 posts) - - Show Bio

@primez0ne: Ash quickly stumbled several steps away from the man, resulting in her being pressed firmly against the back of the truck - or in other words, trapped. Ash placed a closed fist to his chest as his eyes darted around the cargo space and furiously searched for an exit strategy. After reaching her conclusion, she looked at the man, calmed herself down a little and chose her next words carefully.

"I'm sorry, but I've never seen you before in my life. I think you might be confusing me with someone else."

#464 Posted by Primez0ne (9811 posts) - - Show Bio

@mylittlefascist: The fight went by in a flash. Jack sent a knife flying into one of their heads just as another swiped at his head. He narrowly dodged which presented an opening for another to get in a hit in his abdomen. Jack's aura infused jacket took the brunt of the blow leaving him completely unharmed. With two flicks of the wrists the rest fell as well.

Once it ended, Ginger hesitantly walked to the door and gave it a push.

"We can't get through. Damn! I don't know any other way to reach deeply inside!"

Each card soldier had a number(1,2,3,4) and each suit represented among them. There were clear indents in the giant door where one could see they could be slotted into.

#465 Edited by Primez0ne (9811 posts) - - Show Bio

@red_ruby_petal: "Kay, Boss lady. We finished all them preparations you wanted. Just waiting on you to raid the Palace and all" He looked left, right, under, over, and across.

"Looks clear."

A spiral dark colored portal appeared in the wall.

"Operation: Steal the Gold Horse, Commenced!" He quietly yelled with enthusiasm.

(There is candy on the other side of the portal in case you need extra incentive.....)

#466 Posted by Primez0ne (9811 posts) - - Show Bio

@warlockmage: The surrounding buildings looked like any other in Theopolis, and the usual mill of people walked through. Crocas led Lily into the bathroom where they performed a thorough search of it. Inside one of the stalls, they found a big black device propped up on the toilet seat. With every passing second it made a ticking noise. Crocas cursed loudly and walked a short distance away shouting orders over his communicator. Lily could hear the words "bomb", "evacuate", and "cordon off".

#467 Posted by Primez0ne (9811 posts) - - Show Bio

@elijah_c_washington: @jotun Sebs, a tall wide bloke who worked nights at Juniors club, came running to Rollie.

"Rollie! Shit just went down at the club! Des sent me to get you. Some weird chick crashed the place and killed Junior! Des only just managed to fight her off, but she ducked out before we could get her. And er...who's the big guy?"

Despite Sebs great size, Thor towered over him.

#468 Posted by MyLittleFascist (31464 posts) - - Show Bio

@mylittlefascist: The fight went by in a flash. Jack sent a knife flying into one of their heads just as another swiped at his head. He narrowly dodged which presented an opening for another to get in a hit in his abdomen. Jack's aura infused jacket took the brunt of the blow leaving him completely unharmed. With two flicks of the wrists the rest fell as well.

Once it ended, Ginger hesitantly walked to the door and gave it a push.

"We can't get through. Damn! I don't know any other way to reach deeply inside!"

Each card soldier had a number(1,2,3,4) and each suit represented among them. There were clear indents in the giant door where one could see they could be slotted into.

Unless there are other clues you forgot to mention, I'll start by putting them into the slots in their number order.

#469 Posted by Jotun (199 posts) - - Show Bio

@primez0ne: Something seems to grab Thor’s attention in the distance. He says nothing and flies off in some direction.

#470 Edited by Elijah_C_Washington (4618 posts) - - Show Bio

@primez0ne:

No Caption Provided

「 Junior's... dead? 」Rollie paused.「 Don't worry about him. 」she replied without noticing Thor's departure. Fingers immediately left for the club, searching for Des.

#471 Posted by Primez0ne (9811 posts) - - Show Bio

@just_banter: "I am the first and last hero. The greatest one there has ever been. Gilgamesh."

The shining red eyes sparked with an erratic unstable glow for some brief seconds.

#472 Edited by Primez0ne (9811 posts) - - Show Bio

@mylittlefascist: (Just thought of something fun.)

The door creaked open and a crackling blade of energy thrust through the slight opening. Both Jack and Ginger dodged out of the qay at the last second. A giant looming entity in a suit of armor stepped heavily through the door opening it fully. Jack could not sense an aura from the thing, but saw an opulent hallway behind it with grandoise mirrors interspaced at set intervals. In the mirrors, Jack saw a different more ordinary world in place of the strange one he currently inhabited. In that world Jack and Ginger looked the same, but the knight looked quite different.

(Admantium armor and mirror shield, giant lightsaber , Cain's body/skillset. In case you don't know he stomped Luthor Strode, so he has at least that level of physicals. Included is some feats for Cain, but his best is scaling off of beating Luthor Strode so take into account both of their abilities despite Cain having less feats.)

#473 Edited by Primez0ne (9811 posts) - - Show Bio

@elijah_c_washington: Multiple long cars parked outside the club. Going by the amount half of the family had to be at the club. Des stretched out with a smoke clenched in his teeth. He stared numbly into the sky. He only barely seemed to notice Rollie as she walked by. A cold fire brewed in Des.

"Probably don't want to go in. Just a bunch of blood and Ma cryin over her 'baby boy'." Des took a deep take on the smoke, "Ma said we have to track the sow that did this. Bring in her head. Lucky she didn't seem to be able to hide her tracks that well after all the fighting. Mateo tracked her to some place in Olgate. We can get a posse rolling on them. Ma ain't going to care bout interventions on this one."

Des took one last suck and threw it on the ground. It was getting burnt out.

#474 Edited by Sawed_Off_It (13228 posts) - - Show Bio

@primez0ne: Royster assumed that because of his darkly tinted windows, that he and his true appearance was shielded from the curious patrol officer. He adheres to the demands from the man inside the reinforced vehicle and gradually lessens his own souped up wagon's speed and comes to a halt on the side of the road. He finds a section that is seemingly secluded from bystanders. He is curious.

(I comply)

#475 Posted by Primez0ne (9811 posts) - - Show Bio

@jotun: A strange sensation took over Thor. He felt drawn to a familiar presence. It sent shivers down his spine, but he continued regardless. Eventually he reached a point wherein he spied a turned over truck and a gaint metal-clad one armed man walk into it. Several bodies littered the ground next to it.

#476 Edited by Elijah_C_Washington (4618 posts) - - Show Bio

@primez0ne:「 We'll roll alright. I want to be quiet, though. I'll go in first. 」

No Caption Provided

#477 Posted by Just_Banter (12356 posts) - - Show Bio

@primez0ne: "Uh huh." Ash was quickly losing faith in her escape plans. "I'm Ash, a, uh, a doctor. What do you... what do you want from me?"

#478 Edited by Jotun (199 posts) - - Show Bio

@primez0ne: Thor bumrushes the behemoth into the distance at full speed, once he lands Thor's thunderous voice erupts "How are you here..?"

#479 Posted by Primez0ne (9811 posts) - - Show Bio

@elijah_c_washington: Rollie, Des, Mateo, Rocs, Hera, Gaz, and Wedh all approached the apartment Mateo tracked the mysterious woman. Most kept wary eyes scanning the foreign landscape despite knowing this part of the city to usually be safer than their actual homes. Gaz being the youngest kept chattering away until Rocs inevitably stopped her. Then she would start up again which fed again into their ceaseless cycle. Gaz opened her mouth and ghe phantom image of a blur of fur dashed her head against the pavement. Small ethereal bullets sped through the night hitting Wedh, but the phantom image of Des pushed the others out of the way of the barrage.

Wedh told a bad joke about what he would eat once he got home and Rollie could smell rotting flesh at the edge of her senses.

#480 Edited by Elijah_C_Washington (4618 posts) - - Show Bio

@primez0ne:

Rollie understood she had just seconds to spare. Confident in Des' ability to protect Hera, Rocs, and Mateo, nothing was said as she instantly sprung across the dilapidated city street and forcefully kicked Wedh to safety. one hand flashed beneath her jacket before unleashing a wall of burning knives upon the direction of the gunfire. To complete this series of movements, she pounced toward Gaz; drawing him back by the shoulder while slashing at the unidentified beast in one concise motion.

No Caption Provided

#481 Posted by Red_Ruby_Petal (8038 posts) - - Show Bio

@red_ruby_petal: "Kay, Boss lady. We finished all them preparations you wanted. Just waiting on you to raid the Palace and all" He looked left, right, under, over, and across.

"Looks clear."

A spiral dark colored portal appeared in the wall.

"Operation: Steal the Gold Horse, Commenced!" He quietly yelled with enthusiasm.

(There is candy on the other side of the portal in case you need extra incentive.....)

Wait Joan went to talk to the rabbit and do you intend that Joan be all confused because this is happening out of random or like he is saying stuff like that?

#482 Edited by Primez0ne (9811 posts) - - Show Bio

@elijah_c_washington: The beast landed hard upon the ground. It's maddened red eyes twitched before it died and dissolved into shadow. Des successfully got everyone else out of the way of the bullets. He returned the greeting with two shots of his magnum, which was answered by two satisfying thuds. The great big black as pitch dog dissolving and the rotting corpses of guardsmen they found scared everyone save for Rollie and Des. The creatures especially spooked Wedh, so Des ordered him and Mateo to stay outside to watch out for any threats.

While moving upstairs, Rollie noticed the glint of a metallic bracelet on Des' wrist. Hera took out her long wicked knife that she always got into fights with as well as her smg. Gaz unpacked an assault rifle. Rocs brandished his club.

Like wolves moving and hunting on instinct, the five of them got into positions outside the door leading to the mysterious woman's supposed apartment.Kicking down the door only revealed a dark room with an awful smell in it. Gaz turned on the lights and held in a dry heave as they saw the source of the smell, Junior's decapitated head. Des, Rocs, and Hera seemed barely affected as they swept the place. Des put a cover over the head and muttered some words under his breath.

A dark malevolent presence coalesced itslef in the same back rooms, Hera was checking. In that next instant Hera ducked back into the main room narrowly dodging a black tendril. In the same motion, she shot at it with her smg, but it had no effect. Around the corner popped out a nightmarish ethereal black wolf. Another tendril lashed out in Des' direction, but with the flick of his wrist a pointed shield appeared on his arm in place of the bracelet. It blocked the attack although he force of the attack pushed him back.

"Works just as Alexis said it would," Des said half astonished.

#483 Edited by Primez0ne (9811 posts) - - Show Bio
#484 Posted by Red_Ruby_Petal (8038 posts) - - Show Bio

@primez0ne: im sure it had something to do with a bunny. Joan is supposed to look for a way out of the world she was recently transported in.

#486 Edited by Primez0ne (9811 posts) - - Show Bio

@red_ruby_petal: Sorry for the confusion. If you want to follow the bunny it will be a long walk to some place you don't know. It can't talk.

#487 Posted by Sawed_Off_It (13228 posts) - - Show Bio

@primez0ne: (My response is way late. I thought this had died. If the scenario has moved on from my story line then that's fine, just disregard my above post LOL)

#488 Edited by Elijah_C_Washington (4618 posts) - - Show Bio

@primez0ne:

Ma's men may be criminals, but they were trained like soldiers. Des, with his shield, stood out in front; Rollie, blade held high, footed herself close to his side.

「You can pit your beasts against my team and, I guarantee it'll be your very last time breathin'.」she warned nonyielding, aware of the battle's outcome.

Gaz peered over from behind with his rifle. Hera, the rebel, held her knife in her teeth while grasping her only gun. Rocs, on the other hand, took place to the right of Fingers, ready to help clear a path to the wolf.

「I got my own demons; what I'm s'posed to do with yours?」Des avidly mocked the spectral canine.

#489 Posted by Primez0ne (9811 posts) - - Show Bio

@sawed_off_it: Oh. Sorry. Forgot to respond.

I can fit you in as an NPc, but right now I can barely keep up with the different plot lines, so I don't think I can add more. Sorry about not doing anything with you or your character.

#490 Posted by Sawed_Off_It (13228 posts) - - Show Bio
#491 Posted by MyLittleFascist (31464 posts) - - Show Bio

@primez0ne: Out of curiousity, is it literally a light-saber, or just an energy sword with the same feats?

#492 Posted by Primez0ne (9811 posts) - - Show Bio
#493 Posted by MyLittleFascist (31464 posts) - - Show Bio

@primez0ne: What equipment does Fran (I forgot her in-universe name, now) have?

#494 Posted by Primez0ne (9811 posts) - - Show Bio
#495 Posted by MyLittleFascist (31464 posts) - - Show Bio

@primez0ne: Really? She didn't bring anything useful from the magician studio? No flashbangs or anything like that?

#496 Posted by Primez0ne (9811 posts) - - Show Bio

@elijah_c_washington: (Boo. You didn't even attack.)

As the squad waited for the creature to make its first move, its form distorted and all of the shadows around the room seemed to move in disjointed harmony. Rollie instinctively deflected several maws, claws, and tendrils attacking all of them in tandem. Bullets and knives did nothing to abate the attacks, but quickly enough the group got into a rhythm of Hera, Gaz, and Rocs dodging, Des blocked, and Rollie turned away the brunt of the attack.

Suddenly out of nowhere the attacks turned into waves of carnage ripping into the gang. Rollie and Des defended as best they could, but the attacks came from every angle. A sudden set of jaws sprung from the ground to bite Gaz's leg off and Rocs lost an arm to a slash of a tendril. Hera was covered in a number of steadily increasing scratches.

You need to take the initiative and take the fight somewhere else. We can fight this beast for days, but no mortal no matter how heroic can last against a manifestation of the Wild Hunt this powerful.

#497 Posted by Red_Ruby_Petal (8038 posts) - - Show Bio

@primez0ne: Joan follows the bunny and takes the long journey since she had already attacked in that town and might be wanted.

#498 Posted by Primez0ne (9811 posts) - - Show Bio

@mylittlefascist: I can't remember. Did I mention there being flashbangs in the room?

#499 Posted by MyLittleFascist (31464 posts) - - Show Bio

@mylittlefascist: I can't remember. Did I mention there being flashbangs in the room?

You said that anything that could possibly be needed for a magician performance, was available in the studio. Pyrotechnics is a pretty large part of stage magic...

#500 Edited by Primez0ne (9811 posts) - - Show Bio

@just_banter: Just before the man who called himself Gilgamesh could speak, an electric blur hit him pushing him a block away into a giant blue explosion. Three guardsmen vehicles arrived on the scene and guards poured out their backs to surround the area. Luckily it seemed these would be the only reinforcements for now. Two dozen in total of them fanned out. Six stopped to point their guns at Ash.

"Freeze. Don't move!" One commanded.