New Avengers VS X-Men

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

Fight takes place in 3 unpopulated blocks of a residential section of New York City.  3pm.  Both teams start at opposing ends and know who they are facing.  Elimination is by KO or incapication.

New Avengers:
-Captain America (Steve Rogers)
-Spider-Man (pre-bnd, regular outfit)
-Iron Fist
-Spider-Woman
-Luke Cage

VS

X-Men:
-Wolverine
-Cyclops
-Gambit
-Nightcrawler
-Beast

Avatar image for loaded_revolver
Loaded Revolver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2  Edited By Loaded Revolver

Cap and Wolverine is a toss up.Cap has the upper hand in some of their fights but Wolverine has actually beaten him.

Spider-Man could take Cyclops..but I doubt he could do anything to Cyclops before he gets a shot off...even with his speed.
Spider-Man could easily take anyone else though.
Spider-Woman could take possibly everyone but Cyclops as well.I don't know how quickly Cyclops shoots.If either Spider-Man or Spider-Woman can get of some webbing or a bio-blast before he gets them..the could take him.
Cap could probably hold off a blast from Cyclops and maybe even beat him.
I think Wolverine could take Cage because of the adamantium claws..but I don't think anyone else here can.
k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

"Cap and Wolverine is a toss up.Cap has the upper hand in some of their fights but Wolverine has actually beaten him. "

I hate saying this, but I'd say Wolverine has the advantage over Cap (out of 3 encounters, Wolverine has 2 "wins")
Spider-Man VS Cyclops is really a toss up...Cyclops is an amazing shot and has tagged Nightcrawler...It depends on how they face off, really.
"Spider-Man could easily take anyone else though."
Debatable.  He'd take down Nightcrawler, Beast and Gambit...But to say an EASY win against any of them wouldnt be realisitic.  ANy of them could potentially dish out damage to him (less likely for NC, IMO)

"Spider-Woman could take possibly everyone but Cyclops as well.I don't know how quickly Cyclops shoots.If either Spider-Man or Spider-Woman can get of some webbing or a bio-blast before he gets them..the could take him."
She has the potential to...But the same applies for any of them against her, given the environment.  Cyclops is one of the best tactical minds in the Marvel U and has mastered using his optic blast.
"Cap could probably hold off a blast from Cyclops and maybe even beat him."
That shield could techncally hold off anything...But Cyclops isn't stupid enough to just keep shooting at the shield.  He's had several displays of using his blast  on angles.

"I think Wolverine could take Cage because of the adamantium claws..but I don't think anyone else here can."
Wolverine could most likely cut through Cage with relative ease if given the chance.  I'd say Cyclops or Gambit (due to their powers) could knock him around...And NC could pull off a teleport drop (like he did VS Omega Red)

Thanks for posting your thoughts on both of my matches so far!
k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

bump

Loaded Revolver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Loaded Revolver

Nobody has any thoughts on this?

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

Hopefully some more people will post.

spawn_obsessed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By spawn_obsessed

x-men win

Loaded Revolver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Loaded Revolver
spawn_obsessed said:
"x-men win"
That's it?
Power NeXus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#9  Edited By Power NeXus

This is a tough one. There are a lot of variables that could make the fight go either way. Spider-Man is powerful enough to take down pretty much any one of the X-Men. But then Nightcrawler could use his port-enemy-into-the-sky-and-let-him-drop move on any of the Avengers except Spider-Man (who has webs) and Spider-Woman (who can fly). And Cyclops could take out pretty much anyone on the Avengers side, but only if he can get a good clear shot at them.
I'm going to go with the X-Men. There seems to be just a little bit more power on their side.

onedotred

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By onedotred

Have to go with the Avengers.  For some reason,  i  always feel that they're a bit more "professional" in everything they do.  Therefore, they'll be more organized as a fighting force.  Leave it to ol' Logan to mess up a good plan of Cyclops' in the end (by going berserk), and it'll be lights out for the X-Men.  Remember that PowerMan and Iron Fist fought many many years together, so they've got a LOT of chemistry going for them.  To me, they're like the best 1-2 punch H2H duo in Marvel.  Sorta like Jordan & Pippen, or Malone & Stockton, in the NBA.

Avatar image for czarny_samael666
czarny_samael666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By czarny_samael666

1.Cyclops will shot on the NA to distract them for seconds, in the same time he will say to Nightcrawler "teleport to sky CA,Iron Fist and Cage."
2.Gambit and Beast will defeat Spider-Woman
3.Cyclops and Wolverine will defeat Spider-Man.
4.Cage will survive collision with ground, but he can't defeat all X-Men at once.

X-Men will win this.
P.S. Cyclops can just take off his visor, and defeat Spider-Man,Iron Fist and Spider-Woman by one shot. Cage with Capitan America can't defeat all X-Men at once.

Triumphant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Triumphant

X-men

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator
czarny_samael said:
"

1.Cyclops will shot on the NA to distract them for seconds, in the same time he will say to Nightcrawler "teleport to sky CA,Iron Fist and Cage."
4.Cage will survive collision with ground, but he can't defeat all X-Men at once.

X-Men will win this.
P.S. Cyclops can just take off his visor, and defeat Spider-Man,Iron Fist and Spider-Woman by one shot. Cage with Capitan America can't defeat all X-Men at once.

"
Thanks for sharing your thoughts...However, I don't see Nightcrawler teleport dropping a good guy, unless he knows they can withstand it (ie Cage)...same applies to cyclops.  There's no reason for him to remove his visor here and he certainly wouldnt against fellow good guys.  Also, teams may not face each other as entire teams...They could split off into groups that work well.
Loaded Revolver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Loaded Revolver
k4tzm4n said:

I hate saying this, but I'd say Wolverine has the advantage over Cap (out of 3 encounters, Wolverine has 2 "wins")

Spider-Man VS Cyclops is really a toss up...Cyclops is an amazing shot and has tagged Nightcrawler...It depends on how they face off, really.

Debatable.  He'd take down Nightcrawler, Beast and Gambit...But to say an EASY win against any of them wouldnt be realisitic.  ANy of them could potentially dish out damage to him (less likely for NC, IMO)

She has the potential to...But the same applies for any of them against her, given the environment.  Cyclops is one of the best tactical minds in the Marvel U and has mastered using his optic blast.

That shield could techncally hold off anything...But Cyclops isn't stupid enough to just keep shooting at the shield.  He's had several displays of using his blast  on angles.

Wolverine could most likely cut through Cage with relative ease if given the chance.  I'd say Cyclops or Gambit (due to their powers) could knock him around...And NC could pull off a teleport drop (like he did VS Omega Red)

1.Cap and Wolverine are evenly matched though.They both are masters are virtually every style.They both have been on this earth way passed the time of most humans,they were both built during and among wars,the both have unbreakable weapons and they are both combat geniuses.This could go either way.

2.Cyclops tagging Nightcrawler doesn't necessarily mean he's fast enough to hit Spider-Man...it depends on what time of blast he uses too.His think and small blasts have been dodged by people alot slower than Spider-Man.Also the Punisher and Daredevil have pin-pointed when Nightcrawler will appear and hit him too.Neither of them shoot lazers out of their faces.

3.I don't think it's unrealistic to say Spider-Man could easily beat Beast and Gambit..maybe not at the same time but individually...I don't think he would have too much trouble.They are both at a disadvantage.Beast with no long range abilities and being huge despite his speed and agility and Gambit being physically inferior to Spider-Man.

4.Cyclops against Spider-Man is a toss up.You never know what Cyclops will do with his powers.He knows Jessica is fast so I don't think he'll hesitate and really "open up".

5.You're right..Cyclops isn't stupid,but neither is Cap.Cap is an expert dodger and a master acrobat,and he has peak human agility.With that shield and his tactical mind (not saying Cyclops isn't tactically gifted) He could get close enough to where he could get a good shot in.The difference between the tactical abilities of Cap and of Cyclops is..Cyclops's tactics are more team oriented.Cap's is more in h2h combat.That's not to say Cap doesn't have it when it comes to the team.

6.Cyclops and Gambit could knock Cage around but I don't see that taking him out.Nightcrawler could drop Cage but Spider-Man could make some type of safe landing for him with webbing.
k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

1) They are, but Wolverine's enhanced abilities and adamantium laced skeleton will give him the edge he requires.
2) Cyclops has other feats of accruacy and speed with his shots.
3) It's not, but both can at least put up a fight.  Beast is debatably just as fast and one of the most agile characters in the marvel u...combine that with his strength and he could potentially dish out damage to spider-man.  RE: Gambit, depends on the environment.  Less room for agility, gambit is more likely to effectively use his powers, possibly hurting Spider-Man.  I more than agree though, Spider-Man would take a solid majorty over both.
4) Agreed.
5) Cyc has tagged foes above peak level though.  Also, Cyclops has had many examples of being a tactical genius on his own.  In Uncanny X-Men he was able to defeat the etnire team when they turned on him and tried to kill  him (they thought he was the dark phoenix).  Recently, he took on a brainwashed Warpath, Iceman and Angel.  Also, a recent showing demonstrated how his mind works when he watches...He's always planning.
6)  I think Cyc packs enough power to do it, or at least BFR.,  Gambit could certainly knock him around and annoy him.

Loaded Revolver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Loaded Revolver
k4tzm4n said:
"1) They are, but Wolverine's enhanced abilities and adamantium laced skeleton will give him the edge he requires.2) Cyclops has other feats of accruacy and speed with his shots.3) It's not, but both can at least put up a fight.  Beast is debatably just as fast and one of the most agile characters in the marvel u...combine that with his strength and he could potentially dish out damage to spider-man.  RE: Gambit, depends on the environment.  Less room for agility, gambit is more likely to effectively use his powers, possibly hurting Spider-Man.  I more than agree though, Spider-Man would take a solid majorty over both.4) Agreed.5) Cyc has tagged foes above peak level though.  Also, Cyclops has had many examples of being a tactical genius on his own.  In Uncanny X-Men he was able to defeat the etnire team when they turned on him and tried to kill  him (they thought he was the dark phoenix).  Recently, he took on a brainwashed Warpath, Iceman and Angel.  Also, a recent showing demonstrated how his mind works when he watches...He's always planning.6)  I think Cyc packs enough power to do it, or at least BFR.,  Gambit could certainly knock him around and annoy him."
1.Not if Cap actually uses his head rather than just trying to brawl with Wolverine as usual.Cap knows how to knock Wolverine out and people have done this completely disregarding the skeleton and healing factor.
2.Why didn't you name one that would help him here? I know he has more than one accuracy feat.
3.I think people over-estimate Beast's speed and agility.His sheer size makes his agility almost obsolete.He can flip around all he wants..he's still a huge moving target.One Spider-Man will have no problem hitting.If there is less room for agility..that makes it worse for Gambit.I would take the odds with webbing over exploding cards any day.Gambit has the take the time to charge whatever he's going to use or throw..with Spider-Man already being faster than him...he doesn't have much of a chance of getting anything off.

5.I know Cyclops tagged people above peak human but he's also failed to tag below that.As far as Cyclops tactics in combat,I don't think taking out brainwashed people and a whole room of people who you are smarter than and would recognize tactics is much of a feat.Cap has outfoxed credible fighters.

6.Cyclops could BFR Cage possibly with his best shot.
Avatar image for czarny_samael666
czarny_samael666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By czarny_samael666
k4tzm4n said:
"czarny_samael said:
"

X-Men will win this.

"
Thanks for sharing your thoughts...However, I don't see Nightcrawler teleport dropping a good guy, unless he knows they can withstand it (ie Cage)...same applies to cyclops.  There's no reason for him to remove his visor here and he certainly wouldnt against fellow good guys.  Also, teams may not face each other as entire teams...They could split off into groups that work well."
Yeah, but I thought it is fight to the death. Besides Nightcrawler can teleport them into air, but not to high (if he don't want to kill them).

Cyclops and Nightracwler  can do much more damage in NA than anyone from NA to X-Men. This two guys powers combined are just too much for this New Avengers.
k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

Nope czarny, in the first post I put "Elimination is by KO or incapication"

weaponxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By weaponxx

One main thing that I really see that is missing is Nightcrawler. He is a major advantage to the team and in my opinion has what it takes to if not take out, at least permanently occupy Spider-man.  He could also do a little team up manuever with cyc, gambit, or beast to have them ko spider-man after a teleportation and disorientation. Spider-man has some potential in this fight in general, but I think he would be an initial prime target by the x-men and taken out.

Captain America could be taken out by any of the x-men listed, not to say he doesn't have the ability to take them out to. In this scenario, they know what they are facing and who is where. Cap-beast. Beast is more agile and stronger then Cap. Beast could take caps shield right out of his hands and bash him in the head with it = K.O. Cap-gambit. Cap can't dodge or block a boradge of charged cards in a spread. Cap = K.O. Nightcrawler-cap: Nightcrawler could do all sorts of things to disorient and take his shield. Potentially could K.O. due to his fighting abilities+teleportation mix, or could drop him from a hieght that would only K.O. him. Wolverine-Cap: already discussed. Cyc-Cap. Cyclops just blast at him, cap blocks, while he is doing that cyclops just aims at his feet. Just enough to blast him roughly in the air for a hard landing that will K.O. him.

Cage: easily handled by Wolverine, Gambit, or Cyclops as everyone has already discussed.

Spider-woman: Also has some potential but x-men could handle ( I don't want to go in details....)

Iron-fist: not a big player here.

X-Men Win. (but everyone  has good days and bad days---- Avengers have a chance and it wouldn't be too surprising if they won, but would be disappointing)

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

bump

loganreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By loganreme
weaponx said:
"One main thing that I really see that is missing is Nightcrawler. He is a major advantage to the team and in my opinion has what it takes to if not take out, at least permanently occupy Spider-man.  He could also do a little team up manuever with cyc, gambit, or beast to have them ko spider-man after a teleportation and disorientation. Spider-man has some potential in this fight in general, but I think he would be an initial prime target by the x-men and taken out.  Captain America could be taken out by any of the x-men listed, not to say he doesn't have the ability to take them out to. In this scenario, they know what they are facing and who is where. Cap-beast. Beast is more agile and stronger then Cap. Beast could take caps shield right out of his hands and bash him in the head with it = K.O. Cap-gambit. Cap can't dodge or block a boradge of charged cards in a spread. Cap = K.O. Nightcrawler-cap: Nightcrawler could do all sorts of things to disorient and take his shield. Potentially could K.O. due to his fighting abilities+teleportation mix, or could drop him from a hieght that would only K.O. him. Wolverine-Cap: already discussed. Cyc-Cap. Cyclops just blast at him, cap blocks, while he is doing that cyclops just aims at his feet. Just enough to blast him roughly in the air for a hard landing that will K.O. him. Cage: easily handled by Wolverine, Gambit, or Cyclops as everyone has already discussed. Spider-woman: Also has some potential but x-men could handle ( I don't want to go in details....)Iron-fist: not a big player here. X-Men Win. (but everyone  has good days and bad days---- Avengers have a chance and it wouldn't be too surprising if they won, but would be disappointing)"
Yeah.. makes sense to me.  X-men win by KO
kuzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By kuzman

new avengers. luke cage stronger then anyone in x men.spider man the most  agile character,iron fist the best  martial artist ,naff seed .

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator
kuzman said:
"new avengers. luke cage stronger then anyone in x men.spider man the most  agile character,iron fist the best  martial artist ,naff seed ."

Just because a character has certain advantages doesn't mean they couldnt fall to another.  What good will Luke Cage's strength do against Cyclops level of accuracy and power with his optic blasts?  How well will Iron Fist's martial arts work against the teleporting of Nightcrawler or the explosive power of Gambit?  There's a lot to factor in, so it's never really "nuff' said" ;)
vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 2

#24  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
weaponx said:
"One main thing that I really see that is missing is Nightcrawler. He is a major advantage to the team and in my opinion has what it takes to if not take out, at least permanently occupy Spider-man.  He could also do a little team up manuever with cyc, gambit, or beast to have them ko spider-man after a teleportation and disorientation. Spider-man has some potential in this fight in general, but I think he would be an initial prime target by the x-men and taken out.  Captain America could be taken out by any of the x-men listed, not to say he doesn't have the ability to take them out to. In this scenario, they know what they are facing and who is where. Cap-beast. Beast is more agile and stronger then Cap. Beast could take caps shield right out of his hands and bash him in the head with it = K.O. Cap-gambit. Cap can't dodge or block a boradge of charged cards in a spread. Cap = K.O. Nightcrawler-cap: Nightcrawler could do all sorts of things to disorient and take his shield. Potentially could K.O. due to his fighting abilities+teleportation mix, or could drop him from a hieght that would only K.O. him. Wolverine-Cap: already discussed. Cyc-Cap. Cyclops just blast at him, cap blocks, while he is doing that cyclops just aims at his feet. Just enough to blast him roughly in the air for a hard landing that will K.O. him. Cage: easily handled by Wolverine, Gambit, or Cyclops as everyone has already discussed. Spider-woman: Also has some potential but x-men could handle ( I don't want to go in details....)Iron-fist: not a big player here. X-Men Win. (but everyone  has good days and bad days---- Avengers have a chance and it wouldn't be too surprising if they won, but would be disappointing)"

First of all Nightcrawler isn't much of a threat.Everyone on the New Avengers except Cage will have no problem tagging him,whether he teleports or not.
Nightcrawler can't permanently occupy Spider-Man.Spider-Man has Spider-sense and is at least as fast if not faster than Nightcrawler.He hits him with one good shot and he's done.Nightcrawler doesn't have superhuman durability.
Cyclops,Gambit,Nightcrawler,or Beast cannot beat Captain America.You are over-estimating them.They have all lost to street levelers below the level of Captain America.
What makes you think that Beast can just take the shield out of Cap's hand and bang him in the head when people stronger and faster than Beast couldn't do it.Spider-Man with Stark's armor on and with the Other powers barely held his own against Cap when he snatched his shield.
Also What makes you think Gambit will get to throw a "barrage" of cards at Cap? Cap isn't just going to stand there while he charges and throws cards...that's why throwing the shield is an option.
A mix of fighting ability and teleportation won't help Nightcrawler against Cap...it didn't against The Punisher and Daredevil so I'm sure a more experienced and better fighter can handle it.
Cap isn't stupid. and Cyclops can't aim and two directions.If Cyclops is aim straight at Cap and then moves the beam down..Cap is still going to dodge or block it.He's not dumb enough to fall for such a simplistic tactic.

Lastly once Cyclops is out of the picture...The New Avengers almost automatically win.Nobody can stop Spider-Man or Spider-Woman.
Mr.Pie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Mr.Pie

Team one wins.

Dreadmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 2

#26  Edited By Dreadmaster

I seriously don't know who can win this battle, i'm leaning towards the Avengers but there are too many outcomes to decide

kuzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By kuzman
k4tzm4n said:
"kuzman said:
"new avengers. luke cage stronger then anyone in x men.spider man the most  agile character,iron fist the best  martial artist ,naff seed ."
Just because a character has certain advantages doesn't mean they couldnt fall to another.  What good will Luke Cage's strength do against Cyclops level of accuracy and power with his optic blasts?  How well will Iron Fist's martial arts work against the teleporting of Nightcrawler or the explosive power of Gambit?  There's a lot to factor in, so it's never really "nuff' said" ;)"
just saying ho is the strongest the most agile and the best fighter.
the Vica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By the Vica
weaponx said:
"Iron-fist: not a big player here."
*Glares angrily* You just made an enemy for life.

I wish everyone would stop underestimating Iron Fist. Let me just repeat this:

Iron Fist (Moving at a high velocity) punched a train (Also moving at a high velocity, straight at him) filled with explosives. (Enough to destroy an entire City) The train exploded. Iron Fist didn't. And after doing that he was still able to stand and fight and take down a whole bunch of HYDRA guys with a lil help from his friends.

So that pretty much nullifies anything Gambit could ever hope to do to him. Iron Fist is the superior hand-to-hand fighter and would most likely be unaffected by his exploding cards.

Against Wolverine and Cyclops, Iron Fist would probably lose, but Cap wouldn't be stupid enough to ask Danny to take either of them on.

I think he could take Beast pretty easily, and if Punisher and Daredevil could take out Crawler, then Danny has a very good chance of doing the same.
BatDance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By BatDance

X-men maybe but its too close to call

SUNMAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#30  Edited By SUNMAN

good fight it is close. I say New avengers win by a very small margin. But it could go either way. Depends on the match ups and the leadership

loganreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By loganreme
the Vica said:
"weaponx said:

Iron Fist (Moving at a high velocity) punched a train (Also moving at a high velocity, straight at him) filled with explosives. (Enough to destroy an entire City) The train exploded. Iron Fist didn't. And after doing that he was still able to stand and fight and take down a whole bunch of HYDRA guys with a lil help from his friends.

So that pretty much nullifies anything Gambit could ever hope to do to him. Iron Fist is the superior hand-to-hand fighter and would most likely be unaffected by his exploding cards.

Against Wolverine and Cyclops, Iron Fist would probably lose, but Cap wouldn't be stupid enough to ask Danny to take either of them on.

I think he could take Beast pretty easily, and if Punisher and Daredevil could take out Crawler, then Danny has a very good chance of doing the same.
"
Don't underestimate Beast either he has amazing agility, strength and intelligence to outwit alot of his opponents......Gets on my nerves when people dissmiss my blue furry friend :(
the Vica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By the Vica
loganreme said:
"the Vica said:
"weaponx said:

"
Don't underestimate Beast either he has amazing agility, strength and intelligence to outwit alot of his opponents......Gets on my nerves when people dissmiss my blue furry friend :("
Yeah but it's kinda hard to 'outwit' someone who's beating your face in while you're in the middle of an intense battle. I'd say they're at least equals when it comes to agility, and if Danny uses the IF he's a lot stronger than Beast. Considering he can use the IF as much as he wants nowadays, I think he's got the advantage.
k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

I'd say Beasts advantage lies in his senses, agility, speed and raw power...He can quite possibly pull an ambush on an unsuspecting (or occupied) member of the NA.