NEW 52 Superman V.S Wonder Woman

moywar700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By moywar700

I think there's enough feats in order to make a conclusion.

Rules:

-Morals on

-WW gets her sword

-Versions: New 52

This is the match of the century!

Which powerhouse will come out on top!

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 12

#2  Edited By Saren

Wonder Woman's best strength feat is tossing a van, Superman's best strength feat is lifting a submarine. No contest.

greenteaforme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3  Edited By greenteaforme

Wonder Woman also took glee in stabbing Darkseid in the eye with a sword.

Wonder Woman seems to outperform Supes in combat so far.

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

#4  Edited By TDK_1997

@greenteaforme said:

That's Earth-2 Wonder Woman.

greenteaforme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By greenteaforme

@TDK_1997 said:

@greenteaforme said:

She stabbed him in the eye in the N52 JLA comic.

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

#6  Edited By TDK_1997

@greenteaforme said:

@TDK_1997 said:

@greenteaforme said:

She stabbed him in the eye in the N52 JLA comic.

Oh yeah.I forgot about that.

a88378438

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By a88378438

i don't know who wins

but,at least.i know they are too weak,nothing

WDW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By WDW

After Justice League # I am going with Wonder Woman ( well even before JL #11 I knew she would win). She is a BEAST! She beat up Green Lantern AND She is strong enough to break his constructs and do that to Superman. PLUS the lasso? and sword? She could put out sups EYE like she did to darkseid.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
MAZAHS117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By MAZAHS117

Diana ftw....I gotta see more from New52 Supes to give him the edge like PreNew52 Supes has over WW.

jwalser3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By jwalser3

@CitizenBane said:

Wonder Woman's best strength feat is tossing a van, Superman's best strength feat is lifting a submarine. No contest.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
Avatar image for buttersdaman000
buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By buttersdaman000

Still Superman.  
So is everybody going to base Wonder Woman off of those two pics now when Superman has way more impressive feats than her??

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Saren

@jwalser3: Oh. Cool. I haven't read Justice League #11 yet.

Avatar image for deranged_midget
Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 4

#13  Edited By Deranged Midget

Based off what I've seen, Superman still holds an advantage.

Avatar image for venomoushatred1001
venomoushatred1001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@CitizenBane said:

This pretty much sums it up.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Saren

I just read JL #11 and my answer hasn't changed. Diana beating up Hal is nice, but the very first thing Superman did in the DCnU was one-shot Hal, and in the next issue he was easily shattering his constructs. Diana kicking away Superman when he didn't even want to fight her isn't a big deal. She doesn't have the strength showings that Superman does, nor the speed showings, nor the durability showings.

Avatar image for war_of_light_2814
war of light_2814

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@WDW:

-she didn't beat up Lantern.

-Supes break Hal construct too.

-All she did is kick Clark when he try to calm her down, her only real achievement is make him bleed.

Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Deranged Midget

@CitizenBane said:

I just read JL #11 and my answer hasn't changed. Diana beating up Hal is nice, but the very first thing Superman did in the DCnU was one-shot Hal, and in the next issue he was easily shattering his constructs. Diana kicking away Superman when he didn't even want to fight her isn't a big deal. She doesn't have the strength showings that Superman does, nor the speed showings, nor the durability showings.

Agreed and apparently Wonder Woman can now join Batman and Green Lantern among the list of people who can make Superman bleed from a single hit.

I'll peak my curiousity when Wonder Woman lifts a lead-lined Submarine, takes a hit from Darkseid's omega beams or tags the Flash.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Saren

@Deranged Midget: In fairness, the Omega Beams KO'd Superman.......

But his fight against Helspont was more impressive than anything I've seen from Diana so far (not that Diana has been in many fights, but still).

Avatar image for guardiandevil83
Guardiandevil83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Guardiandevil83

@jwalser3 said:

@CitizenBane said:

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Darn it you beat me too it!! lol only I was gonna have to verbally explain how much of a bad itch Wonder Woman is.

Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Deranged Midget

@CitizenBane: True, but I don't see Diana taking such an assault nor even attempting to outrun his OB's.

Agreed, but is it just me or does it feel that Johns writes off Superman merely as a clueless strongman?

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Saren

@Deranged Midget: That and how he writes Hal now really get my goat.

WDW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By WDW

@war of light_2814 said:

@WDW:

-All she did is kick Clark when he try to calm her down, her only real achievement is make him bleed.

So now we know that Wonder Woman 52 is pretty close to superman's strength and can hurt him. Add to that Diana is a much better fighter. That is my reason for picking her for the win.

Lifting a submarine says nothing as to how good a fighter is. The strongest man in the world CANNOT beat the best fighter in the world sorry. As long as each opponent is capable of hurting the other I am always going to pick the one who is more skilled in a fight over the "stronger" of the two any day.

Can superman beat her? of course he can but in my opinion not by trading blows with her or because he is stronger. He is going to have to be way more creative if he wants to beat Wonder Woman and use the environment against her to win.

Not going to argue to much about lantern but honestly if she can break his constructs there is not much else green lantern can do to beat her. If this fight when on she would have seriously injured GREEN LANTERN and to me she clearly kicked his ass.

Hey this is my opinion so take it as it is...

Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Deranged Midget

@WDW said:

So now we know that Wonder Woman 52 is pretty close to superman's strength and can hurt him.

See now, this is where I draw the line. Green Lantern has made Superman bleed. Batman has made Superman bleed. At this point, that's not really worth stating and all she really did was kick him, nothing really impressive when he wasn't even attempting to really engage her.

@CitizenBane said:

@Deranged Midget: That and how he writes Hal now really get my goat.

Yeah, especially considering his (best) work with Hal on Green Lantern and the absolutely obvious differences between the two incarnations.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Saren

Superman. Better strength feats, better speed feats, better durability feats.

Avatar image for war_of_light_2814
war of light_2814

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@WDW said:

@war of light_2814 said:

@WDW:

So now we know that Wonder Woman 52 is pretty close to superman's strength and can hurt him. Add to that Diana is a much better fighter. That is my reason for picking her for the win.

Lifting a submarine says nothing as to how good a fighter is. The strongest man in the world CANNOT beat the best fighter in the world sorry. As long as each opponent is capable of hurting the other I am always going to pick the one who is more skilled in a fight over the "stronger" of the two any day.

Can superman beat her? of course he can but in my opinion not by trading blows with her or because he is stronger. He is going to have to be way more creative if he wants to beat Wonder Woman and use the environment against her to win.

This has nothing to do with me as I'm not saying superman wins only point out what's wrong about your post so I'll only reply my parts

@WDW said:

Not going to argue to much about lantern but honestly if she can break his constructs there is not much else green lantern can do to beat her. If this fight when on she would have seriously injured GREEN LANTERN and to me she clearly kicked his ass.

Hey this is my opinion so take it as it is...

Really? If a guy can kick down a wooden door does that mean he won't hurt when someone smash him with it? they were still fighting by the time the league separate them.

Guardiandevil83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Guardiandevil83

Well to be fair didin't Superman attack Hal when he and Batman simply wanted to talk? I've heard people above dismiss what Diana did to Clark by saying he wasn't trying to fight...neither was Bruce or Hal when superman attacked them. She didn't take a blast from Darkseids OB? No. Because she moved to fast for him to even use it. If Superman's reaction time is so fast why didn't he stop Wonder Woman from landing that kick? Look how far that kicked sent him flying away from the field of battle. She's proven to be strong enough to hurt him and seems to be better skilled. If anything I agree he wins due to his other powers like freeze breath. Pure strength they are obviously equal. Speed? Isn't she capable of deflecting bullets while just moving her wrist? Flash(Barry) isn't even that fast, so I'm sure she could have tagged him too. Superman was hurt by Darkseid stomping he ground really hard. So he ain't that durable. Why run when Darkseid shot his OB in the first place? Why not use his ''faster then light speed." to shut DS down? Pure h2h..she stomps Clark. He wins due to every other ability he has though.

z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By z3ro180

supes would win

HBKTimHBK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By HBKTimHBK

Superman.

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#29  Edited By Erik

@Deranged Midget:

What was the context of Batman making Superman bleed? That sounds like horsesh!t.

nefarious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#30  Edited By nefarious

Superman.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Saren

@Guardiandevil83 said:

Well to be fair didin't Superman attack Hal when he and Batman simply wanted to talk? I've heard people above dismiss what Diana did to Clark by saying he wasn't trying to fight...neither was Bruce or Hal when superman attacked them.

The difference being that Hal did fight back. He tried to tie up Supes, his constructs were shattered and he was slapped around until Hal called in the Flash. He may not have WANTED to fight Superman, but he was pushed into such a situation and he did fight back. He just wasn't successful. Wonder Woman slapped Hal away when he did NOT want or try to fight her. All he was doing was blocking her path and telling her to get a grip.

She didn't take a blast from Darkseids OB? No. Because she moved to fast for him to even use it.

He did use it. She blocked it with her bracelets. And that was at close range, but if the Omega Beams are anything like they were before Flashpoint, their speed varies as Darkseid wishes. The OB that hit Superman was moving so fast that Flash ran out of breath dodging it. There is no proof that the OB Wonder Woman blocked was moving at the same rate. So unless I'm supposed to believe that Wonder Woman could outreact the Flash (which is just stupid, even post-Flashpoint he has insane reaction feats that would make her look like a statue in comparison) her reaction feat isn't quantifiable enough to claim that she is as fast as Superman. Diana does not have a single durability showing on par with Superman. None. Nil. Zilch. There is no proof that she would fare any better against the Omega Beams than he did.

And Superman displayed far better durability in his fight against Helspont than Diana has shown so far. He took all of the Daemonite's attacks with barely anything to show for it.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
If Superman's reaction time is so fast why didn't he stop Wonder Woman from landing that kick? Look how far that kicked sent him flying away from the field of battle.

Why are you talking about reaction time in a situation where Superman did not want to fight Wonder Woman and was not expecting her to even hit him anyway? He has displayed reaction time in his other fights. In his final fight with Anguish he was avoiding her hits and she was yelling at him to stand still, he's caught bullets and outreacted other foes.

She's proven to be strong enough to hurt him and seems to be better skilled.

Really? Where was that skill when Apollo calmly stomped her in her own book? Or that reaction time, for that matter?

Pure strength they are obviously equal.

Uh.....what? How are they equal? Performing the same feat does not make them equal, it just means that they are both strong enough to have performed that feat. I can lift X pounds, a heavyweight lifter can do the same thing. Does that make us equals in strength?

Speed? Isn't she capable of deflecting bullets while just moving her wrist?

So?

Flash(Barry) isn't even that fast, so I'm sure she could have tagged him too.

LMAO. Flash's speed feats so far are miles better than Wonder Woman's. He's held a conversation with Captain Atom in the space between milliseconds, reacted to a bullet striking his forehead in a femtosecond, danced between lighting bolts, physically reached the speed of light. He wasn't moving as fast as he possibly could against Superman, but considering that he raced from Central City to Metropolis in a second, it was still much faster than Wonder Woman has till now shown herself to be capable of. You can be as sure as you want, she simply doesn't have the showings to justify that belief.

Superman was hurt by Darkseid stomping he ground really hard. So he ain't that durable.

He's freaking Darkseid.....this is like saying "Diana was taken down by Hades shooting her in the heart. So she ain't that durable".

Why run when Darkseid shot his OB in the first place? Why not use his ''faster then light speed."

.......maybe because he hasn't shown FTL speed so far? And he ran because Flash pulled him up, pushed him forward, and yelled "RUN!".

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Saren

@Erik said:

@Deranged Midget:

What was the context of Batman making Superman bleed? That sounds like horsesh!t.

It was. It's from Batman: The Dark Knight #6. Bruce was dosed up on Bane's new Venom and apparently that increased his strength so much that he could hurt Superman. It's crap because Bruce fought Deathstroke, Clayface and Bane while they were all dosed up on the same drug, and if it increases a peak human's strength so much that they can hurt Kryptonians, then ANY of those three -- Karlo, Slade or Bane -- should have made Batman explode with one hit.

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Erik

@CitizenBane said:

@Erik said:

@Deranged Midget:

It was. It's from Batman: The Dark Knight #6. Bruce was dosed up on Bane's new Venom and apparently that increased his strength so much that he could hurt Superman. It's crap because Bruce fought Deathstroke, Clayface and Bane while they were all dosed up on the same drug, and if it increases a peak human's strength so much that they can hurt Kryptonians, then ANY of those three -- Karlo, Slade or Bane -- should have made Batman explode with one hit.

Lol.

Guardiandevil83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Guardiandevil83

@CitizenBane said:

@Erik said:

@Deranged Midget:

Well I have something to say to all that..in the words of Lincoln Osiris of Tropic Thunder..''Hot Damn" lol I am man enough to admit when I've been beaten..BUT I'LL GET YOU NEXT TIME BANE!! NEEEEEXXXT TIIIIME!!

Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Deranged Midget

@Erik said:

@Deranged Midget:

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Saren

It's like Bruce was channeling Frank Miller.....

Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Deranged Midget

@CitizenBane said:

Ugh...

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Erik

@CitizenBane said:

No kidding. Who wrote that trash? And since when was Superman dressed in the American flag?

Jayfournines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Jayfournines

Superman for all the reasons Citizen Bane stated before my post

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Saren

@Erik said:

@CitizenBane said:

No kidding. Who wrote that trash?

David Finch.

And since when was Superman dressed in the American flag?

I know, right?

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Erik

Wonder Woman takes it with the updated stats.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Saren

@Erik said:

What updated stats allow her to take it?

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Erik

@CitizenBane said:

@Erik said:

What updated stats allow her to take it?

At her previously known power levels, she was powerful enough to be a fight for Superman. In the previous WW issue, she got handled by Artemis like it was all fun and games for the god.

However in the latest issue, we discover that the bracelets considerably limit all of Diana's stats. Once she took them off, she glowed like the pic in my avatar and wrecked Artemis and ate all her dog food. I can get you scans if you would like to read the current fight.

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Erik

@CitizenBane:

I can post the previous fight tomorrow if you would like a comparison of how Artemis tooled WW with the bracelets on.

TERMINATORXX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By TERMINATORXX

Wonder Womans beaten Superman...No doubt she could beat any other version of Supes...

greenteaforme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By greenteaforme

@Erik said:

@CitizenBane:

I can post the previous fight tomorrow if you would like a comparison of how Artemis tooled WW with the bracelets on.

With Diana's latest showing against the god Artemis, I'd say she officially outperforms Superman in combat (so far) and takes it.

Also, I'm not sure that the bracelets specifically limit her power, so much as they were given to the amazons by the goddess Artemis after Artemis herself created them. I think they would have had some sort of enchantment on them that disabled their efforts if they were ever to rebel against the gods, or specifically against Artemis. Or perhaps Artemis was magically limiting WW's power through the bracelets specifically. Either way, I don't think the bracers themselves limit Diana's power, as you described.

Also, I'd like to add, this proves that the bracers are the normal bracers worn by all Amazons, and are not the indestructible aegis bracers. She will probably receive them very soon, as she's shed her Amazon shackles and I see Hephaestus forging her trademark bracers for her now.

WDW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By WDW

@greenteaforme said:

Also, I'm not sure that the bracelets specifically limit her power, so much as they were given to the amazons by the goddess Artemis after Artemis herself created them. I think they would have had some sort of enchantment on them that disabled their efforts if they were ever to rebel against the gods, or specifically against Artemis. Or perhaps Artemis was magically limiting WW's power through the bracelets specifically. Either way, I don't think the bracers themselves limit Diana's power, as you described.

Also, I'd like to add, this proves that the bracers are the normal bracers worn by all Amazons, and are not the indestructible aegis bracers. She will probably receive them very soon, as she's shed her Amazon shackles and I see Hephaestus forging her trademark bracers for her now.

HUH?

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

#48  Edited By Lvenger

I knew the latest issue of Wonder Woman would cause a stir in who would win in a fight between these two.

@Erik: Given the events of Wonder Woman 12 and your avatar, I assume you'd be interested in seeing a unchecked Wonder Woman vs Superman fight now? Maybe to even the playing field, even though New 52 Superman hasn't done this yet, perhaps it would be fairer to have a no bracelets Wonder Woman vs a sun dipped Superman? Now that would be a good fight.

greenteaforme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By greenteaforme

@WDW said:

@greenteaforme said:

HUH?

What part didn't you understand?

YoggSaron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By YoggSaron

I honestly don't expect the whole god mode thing to stick because otherwise Diana becomes a walking deus ex machina.