New 52 Superman VS The Thing

• 71 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Vengance101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By Vengance101

Thing is multi-star system level, New 52 Superman is at best star level with out amps.

Aversionofthee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ashrym: I think you are just lowballing Thing here.

He won fair and square against an amped Hulk.

Vengance101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jamkid23 said:

Did Thing get ridiculously strong all of the sudden?

Yes,

Immortal Hulk who can fodderize Thor (Non Bloodlusted Hulk fractured Thor's skull with a casual jab) with one punch was one shotted by Thing, Thing first took an hour long beat down from a amped Immortal Hulk (taking minor chips of damage) before Thing cut loose and k.o'd Immortal Hulk with one punch so hard that it broke Thing's arm.

Avatar image for termiteone4ever
termiteone4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Superman easily

I can smell th salty :)

20damon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By 20damon

@vengance101 said:
@jamkid23 said:

Did Thing get ridiculously strong all of the sudden?

Yes,

Immortal Hulk who can fodderize Thor (Non Bloodlusted Hulk fractured Thor's skull with a casual jab) with one punch was one shotted by Thing, Thing first took an hour long beat down from a amped Immortal Hulk (taking minor chips of damage) before Thing cut loose and k.o'd Immortal Hulk with one punch so hard that it broke Thing's arm.

Actually it WAS a bloodlusted IH who cracked Thor's skull. And Puppet master wanted to torture Thing, not finish him off immediately. (Obviously did not intend to lose the fight, but DID intend to torture Ben and make him suffer)

Vengance101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By Vengance101

@20damon: Nope because if IH was bloodlusted fighting Thor he wouldn't have let Thor flee with Captain America.

IH fighting Thing was higher end, the scan states that IH was angrier than ever before which means he'd be stronger than when he wrecked Thor.

20damon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@20damon: Nope because if IH was bloodlusted fighting Thor he wouldn't have let Thor flee with Captain America.

IH fighting Thing was higher end, the scan states that IH was angrier than ever before which means he'd be stronger than when he wrecked Thor.

Yes, Puppetmaster says Hulk is pleased to go along with his plan and that his anger is fused with his own, and yet Hulk murks Puppetmaster for doing this after the comic. So you decide if he's telling the truth about everything.

I'm not trying to convince you though, decide for yourself if Hulk was willing and Puppetmaster was telling the truth or even if he wanted to kill Ben quickly.

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2

Vengance101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@20damon: That honestly looks like the only easy way for Hulk to have killed Ben was to drown him, nothing about he was pulling his punches back.

Other wise Hulk wouldn't say "I want you to feel this" he's obviously going full out vs Ben.

Hellespont

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@aversionofthee: Look at it this way. If I’m fighting a random bodybuilder who’s way bigger and stronger than I am, it is possible that I grit my teeth, swing for the fences, and land a lucky haymaker KO.

However, let’s say I’m fighting a pro-athlete, who is not only stronger than me, but faster, more agile, and has better reflexes. The odds of me landing that haymaker, my only hope of winning, are now significantly decreased. Thus, I’m probably screwed.

For the purposes of this battle, IH is the bodybuilder and Superman is the athlete.

20damon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@20damon: That honestly looks like the only easy way for Hulk to have killed Ben was to drown him, nothing about he was pulling his punches back.

Other wise Hulk wouldn't say "I want you to feel this" he's obviously going full out vs Ben.

If you say so. As i said, i wasn't trying to convince you.

DayWalker98

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I like how people are saying Thing > IH. That’s not consistent and he was being controlled. I got Confirmation he was only out for a minute while Ben was out for a whole week.

Vengance101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I like how people are saying Thing > IH. That’s not consistent and he was being controlled. I got Confirmation he was only out for a minute while Ben was out for a whole week.

It doesn't matter,

6,000 koing Thor Punch is enough to one shot pretty much anyone that's not Odin.

Aversionofthee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@aversionofthee: Look at it this way. If I’m fighting a random bodybuilder who’s way bigger and stronger than I am, it is possible that I grit my teeth, swing for the fences, and land a lucky haymaker KO.

However, let’s say I’m fighting a pro-athlete, who is not only stronger than me, but faster, more agile, and has better reflexes. The odds of me landing that haymaker, my only hope of winning, are now significantly decreased. Thus, I’m probably screwed.

For the purposes of this battle, IH is the bodybuilder and Superman is the athlete.

I get what you are saying, but imagine if you were able to tank a beating from either that athlete or bodybuilder for a very long time.

Eventually you are gonna land that lucky haymaker and win.

Ashrym

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ashrym: I think you are just lowballing Thing here.

He won fair and square against an amped Hulk.

That's not how lowballing works, lol. Lowballing uses outliers below standard levels. I'm refuting outliers above standard levels by repeating what's standard.

For that blow not to be an outlier it would need to something he has done consistently over time. He couldn't do it consistently in the same fight.

No Caption Provided

Thing's entire showing for the previous issue was just undone by the opening of this issue because Hulk was playing with Thing for kicks.

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2Gallery image 3Gallery image 4Gallery image 5

Thing is barely a speedbump for Hulk.

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2

This clearly one of those "because sheer determination and willpower" wins over someone he couldn't possibly beat with PIS.

Hellespont

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By Hellespont

@aversionofthee: it’s not quite the same though. Let’s say Thing could take 50 consecutive hits from IH and 75 consecutive hits from Superman.

In the case of Hulk, those 50 consecutive hits could last that full hour, giving Thing the time to swing for the fences and potentially get lucky (which he did).

In the case of Superman however, those 75 hits could take less than a single second.

I am also not convinced Hulk was actually trying against Ben. His comments/ attitude suggest that if he wanted to, Hulk could’ve ended the fight sooner.

20damon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By 20damon

@vengance101 said:

Oh, i forgot one scan before, my bad. Where PM says specifically that he'll tell Ben right before he kills him (After he's done toying with him). All in all, this is a feat (or an outlier, some will say) for Ben, not an anti feat for Hulk. Ben has hit a lot of people very hard, but never like this. Hulk may have been going all out in the end, but in the beginning he was clearly toying with Ben. Ben got a great moment there. A great moment for a great character.

No Caption Provided

Aversionofthee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@aversionofthee: it’s not quite the same though. Let’s say Thing could take 50 consecutive hits from IH and 75 consecutive hits from Superman.

In the case of Hulk, those 50 consecutive hits could last that full hour, giving Thing the time to swing for the fences and potentially get lucky (which he did).

In the case of Superman however, those 75 hits could take less than a single second.

I am also not convinced Hulk was actually trying against Ben. His comments/ attitude suggest that if he wanted to, Hulk could’ve even the fight sooner.

New-52 Superman isn't that fast to land that many punches that quickly, on top of that his punches lose their power when he delievers so many of them, like the time he hit DD with 4000+ punches only to chip 1 of his teeth, while later on was delivering haymakers that were sending Thing flying across the globe.

I disagree, i think Hulk was going all out, especially in the end there.

Hellespont

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@aversionofthee: That doesn’t make any sense... increasing speed would increase power... hence force = (mass)(acceleration)... I think that’s just because Doomsday is really durable...

For example, New-52 Superman has pummeled Orion at super-speed (I would argue Orion is superior to Thing in durability).

And I think Ashyrm’s post suggests otherwise....

Aversionofthee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@aversionofthee: That doesn’t make any sense... increasing speed would increase power... hence force = (mass)(acceleration)... I think that’s just because Doomsday is really durable...

For example, New-52 Superman has pummeled Orion at super-speed (I would argue Orion is superior to Thing in durability).

And I think Ashyrm’s post suggests otherwise....

Yea but in practice all of Supermans most powerful blows were single haymakers, whenever he would deliver dozens or thousands of blows he would never do as much damage as with a single all out hit.

So i don't think Superman would put down Thing before his one-shot Haymaker connects.

Hellespont

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@aversionofthee: Hulk was practically running into Thing’s punch, whereas IF (big if) Thing managed to tag Superman, it wouldn’t be a direct blow to the chin like it was IH.

Aversionofthee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By Aversionofthee

@hellespont: Eh, still i considering IH to be more durable than New-52 Superman so it evens itself out tbh.

Hellespont

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@aversionofthee: I don’t see your rationale man, suppose we can agree to disagree.

Aversionofthee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers