No Caption Provided

• Iron Fist without his chi
  • Daredevil has his black suit from season 1
  • Both are in character
  • Takes place in a UFC ring
  • Fight to death or K.O

Who wins and why?

#2 Posted by Theorder14 (2501 posts) - - Show Bio

Daredevil pretty easily because of superior senses. Iron Fist was underwhelming without chi.

#3 Posted by SUNMAN (7824 posts) - - Show Bio

why doesn't Danny have his chi?

#4 Posted by Mr_Ingenuity (13136 posts) - - Show Bio

Matt wins because his fight scenes are better, sue me.

#5 Posted by TheSuperor (5104 posts) - - Show Bio

@sunman: Because than he would one-shot Daredevil

Avatar image for ithemanwithoutfeari
#6 Posted by ITheManWithoutFearI (3784 posts) - - Show Bio

Pretty sure Danny is more skilled.

He takes this.

#7 Posted by nfactor1995 (11570 posts) - - Show Bio

Wow, if Iron Fist is only Daredevil level in pure H2H, that's a pretty big disappointment.

#8 Posted by BladeOfFury (1601 posts) - - Show Bio

Danny FTW.

#9 Posted by AngelJax (2663 posts) - - Show Bio

Danny

#10 Posted by BladeOfFury (1601 posts) - - Show Bio

@nfactor1995:

I am pretty sure he is better, but it is not a big difference...

#11 Posted by TheSuperor (5104 posts) - - Show Bio

Wow, if Iron Fist is only Daredevil level in pure H2H, that's a pretty big disappointment.

He is Daredevil tier at his absolute best without channeling his chi. Imo Daredevil is a better fighter by a solid margin, but I thought it would make for a fun battle

#12 Posted by nfactor1995 (11570 posts) - - Show Bio

@thesuperor: Was hoping for him to be at least Arrow tier, but I guess that's too much to ask of Netflix non-powered characters. How high do you think he is with his Chi?

#13 Posted by NightSky86 (191 posts) - - Show Bio

Daredevil is a better fighter and has better h2h feats than a no chi Danny

#14 Posted by Arcus1 (23553 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm on episode 4 currently, in terms of pure feats there's not enough to say he beats Matt yet, but I get the feeling he's more technically proficient. With more episodes I'm guessing Danny will be better, though Matt might still hold an advantage in the speed and durability department

#15 Posted by rogueshadow (23687 posts) - - Show Bio

Danny Rand.

#16 Posted by Arcus1 (23553 posts) - - Show Bio

@thesuperor: Was hoping for him to be at least Arrow tier, but I guess that's too much to ask of Netflix non-powered characters. How high do you think he is with his Chi?

Based on what I've seen, he has the potential to be Arrow tier, though without the Iron Fist idk if he'll actually be at that level by the end of the season, if only because of sheer number of feats

These are from his best fight scene so far

Fighting Triad guys, would seem to have decent hand to hand ability (considering they were armed with melee weapons)

Only on episode 4 so far

#17 Posted by TheSuperor (5104 posts) - - Show Bio

With his chi he would likely one-shot Daredevil or Arrow if he connects cleanly .. But they could both give him a solid fight due to being more proficient fighters and slightly faster in combat situations, with both of them having better durability than him. So honestly Oliver may even pull a victory or two against him even when he has his chi channeled.

#18 Posted by uugieboogie (11549 posts) - - Show Bio

@arcus1 said:
@nfactor1995 said:

Based on what I've seen, he has the potential to be Arrow tier, though without the Iron Fist idk if he'll actually be at that level by the end of the season, if only because of sheer number of feats

Fighting Triad guys, would seem to have decent hand to hand ability (considering they were armed with melee weapons)

Only on episode 4 so far

I just finished the series and I'd put him on Arrow's tier. Early in the show (you've already provided the gifs) he's capable of fighting multiple characters at once without being touched and in a confined space too. Later on he gets some even more impressive showings, and especially in episodes 6, 7 and 10.

#19 Posted by Arcus1 (23553 posts) - - Show Bio

@arcus1 said:
@nfactor1995 said:

Only on episode 4 so far

I just finished the series and I'd put him on Arrow's tier. Early in the show (you've already provided the gifs) he's capable of fighting multiple characters at once without being touched and in a confined space too. Later on he gets some even more impressive showings, and especially in episodes 6, 7 and 10.

I heard about this showing in episode 7, so I checked it out. No idea on any context, but

No Caption Provided

Seems impressive

#20 Posted by TheSuperor (5104 posts) - - Show Bio

@uugieboogie: I have watched ep 7 and I'd still rank him below Daredevil but I will come back to you as soon as I finish the series

#21 Posted by uugieboogie (11549 posts) - - Show Bio

@arcus1 said:

I heard about this showing in episode 7, so I checked it out. No idea on any context, but

No Caption Provided

Seems impressive

Well the context was he tired from a gauntlet and was drained of his chi.

I have watched ep 7 and I'd still rank him below Daredevil but I will come back to you as soon as I finish the series

Daredevil had trouble with Nobu (a high ranking member in the Hand) whereas Danny beat 4 of the Hands best fighters (while handicapped) and beat a Hand leader pretty easily. And in Ep 10 he takes on quite a few Hand soldiers and A LOT at one time, more than I've seen Oliver or Matt take on at once. And this was while he was drained of chi and injured pretty badly.

#22 Posted by TheSuperor (5104 posts) - - Show Bio

@uugieboogie: To be a high ranking Hand member doesn't really mean much when they are featless does it.. If we just go by statements, the ghosts in Arrow season 4 was trained to a level Laurel had never seen before and Oliver was taking on hordes of them. I really need to see Danny fight an established fighter to know where to rank him. Since he has constantly "struggled" against random guys with no feats or statements of being incredibly skilled. He fought that random guy in the container and that guy with the brass knuckles, they put up a really good fight against Danny. And at the end of the day, fodder is fodder.. So I can't really put him at Matt's level just yet

#23 Posted by uugieboogie (11549 posts) - - Show Bio

To be a high ranking Hand member doesn't really mean much when they are featless does it.. If we just go by statements, the ghosts in Arrow season 4 was trained to a level Laurel had never seen before and Oliver was taking on hordes of them. I really need to see Danny fight an established fighter to know where to rank him.

Fodder Hand ninjas were able to give Matt and Elektra trouble. Nobu, a high ranking member borderlined stomped Matt season 1. Danny 4 of the Hands best warriors in a gauntlet style battle. The first match was 2v1, the second one he was poisoned and the the 3rd one he fought unarmed while the guy was used different weapons. I won't go passed feats in Ep 7 to avoid spoilers. But almost every "established fighter" is scaled off Ollie and Ollie is held at such a high regard mainly because of his fodder scenes (mainly the hallway scene) and his knowledge of pressure points. Danny fought multiple armed people in an elevator while unarmed and unlike most scenes was being attack from multiple directions at once. He was blocking all their strikes and countering without being touched. Why aren't people who can give him a fight and also have the background of being top fighters in the Hand be considered established?

Since he has constantly "struggled" against random guys with no feats or statements of being incredibly skilled. He fought that random guy in the container and that guy with the brass knuckles, they put up a really good fight against Danny. And at the end of the day, fodder is fodder.. So I can't really put him at Matt's level just yet

Oliver has been tagged and has struggled with fodder too. Let's not act like every showing he has against fodder is flawless. The guy in the container but he was clearly working right under Gao and I doubt she'd have anyone who couldn't fight guarding the one guy who knew how to make the drug. And I'm not sure how him giving Danny a fight would be a low showing, didn't Drakon (who was featless) give Ollie a good fight? That's not a low showing for Ollie it just show what level his opponent was on. Also, Danny was disoriented when he fought the brass knuckles guy, IIRC he was hit off guard in the back of the head before the fight while he was searching for files. It could be a knock on his awareness/durability but certainly not his skill. And since when has all fodder been equal? And Danny fought mostly the same people Matt fought. Instead of the Yakuza, Danny fought the triad and they both fought the Hand. And if you compare their showings against members of the Hand, Danny performed a lot better.

#24 Edited by rogueshadow (23687 posts) - - Show Bio

@thesuperor said:

@uugieboogie: To be a high ranking Hand member doesn't really mean much when they are featless does it.. If we just go by statements, the ghosts in Arrow season 4 was trained to a level Laurel had never seen before and Oliver was taking on hordes of them. I really need to see Danny fight an established fighter to know where to rank him. Since he has constantly "struggled" against random guys with no feats or statements of being incredibly skilled. He fought that random guy in the container and that guy with the brass knuckles, they put up a really good fight against Danny. And at the end of the day, fodder is fodder.. So I can't really put him at Matt's level just yet

Bakuto is a Leader of the Hand (explicitly stated), we have a direct reference point for what they are capable of; Nobu. Danny defeats him decisively, he does the same even when he wields a sword.

He has also defeated Davosquite decisively, we saw what he was capable of in the Hand compound. Not to mention defeating the Hand's best warriors in succession, one of whom we had seen was able to kill many people (though he did so offscreen).

The fodder is fodder argument isn't fair. These guys are clearly not fodder, one 'fodder' was able to defeat Colleen Wing in swordplay, the same Colleen who we saw thrash four men with a training sword with ease. One fodder was able to give Davos a rough time. These guys are not fodder, they are elite in skill.

#25 Posted by Thorthunder98 (3627 posts) - - Show Bio

Why are people saying Danny is slower than IF from what I've seen so far he looks faster and more fluid in combat

#26 Posted by Superhero24 (2645 posts) - - Show Bio

@ithemanwithoutfeari:

I think Danny is more skilled, but Daredevil has better senses, thus i am giving him the slight majority.

#27 Posted by buildhare (6330 posts) - - Show Bio

@nfactor1995:

Was hoping for him to be at least Arrow tier,

And Daredevil isn't?

#28 Posted by ITheManWithoutFearI (3784 posts) - - Show Bio

Why are people saying Danny is slower than IF from what I've seen so far he looks faster and more fluid in combat

#29 Edited by ITheManWithoutFearI (3784 posts) - - Show Bio

@superhero24: His senses are an advantage, but I dont think he has any stats above Danny.

Danny should take this, since episode 6.

#30 Posted by TheSuperor (5104 posts) - - Show Bio

@nfactor1995:

Was hoping for him to be at least Arrow tier,

And Daredevil isn't?

Nah, not yet at least

#31 Posted by nfactor1995 (11570 posts) - - Show Bio
#32 Posted by Arcus1 (23553 posts) - - Show Bio

After Episode 6, I'm more inclined to go with Danny. Obviously I can't say with any certainty that the warriors he fought were equal to Nobu, but logically, they'd be comparable, and while Matt seemed to have matched or surpassed Nobu by the end of the series, I'm not sure he could have cleared through all three of them the way Danny did

Eh, considering both of them were apparently selected for special assignments, I don't think it's really fair to say they're just your average fodder. We've seen how Danny can take care of random fodder, and these guys wouldn't be tasked with a solo assignment if they were average.

#33 Posted by Thorthunder98 (3627 posts) - - Show Bio

@ithemanwithoutfeari: Agreed just finished ep 6 and I get the impression Danny is more skilled than Matt just from how he fights and the styles he uses just seems more fluid in fights than matt

#34 Posted by ITheManWithoutFearI (3784 posts) - - Show Bio
#35 Posted by bflynn316 (2181 posts) - - Show Bio

I f#cking hate how people are commenting on this without having seen all of Iron Fist. Watch before you comment people.

Now @thesuperor when you say no chi, do you mean no chi enhancements at all or just no Iron Fist? Because in the show the line is pretty blurry between how much of his ability to channel his chi and how much is just pure skill and training.

#37 Posted by Arcus1 (23553 posts) - - Show Bio

I f#cking hate how people are commenting on this without having seen all of Iron Fist. Watch before you comment people.

Dude, chill, why does it matter? We're discussing fictional characters for fun

Avatar image for linsanel_doctor
#38 Edited by linsanel_Doctor (8630 posts) - - Show Bio

@arcus1 said:
@bflynn316 said:

He seriously loves Iron Fist.. lmao. Can't stand to hear criticism of any Marvel show, probably.

#39 Posted by bflynn316 (2181 posts) - - Show Bio

@arcus1 said:
@bflynn316 said:

He seriously loves Iron Fist.. lmao. Can't stand to hear criticism of any Marvel show, probably.

Ok maybe I overreacted, that's fair. But my point is still valid. Watch the show before you attempt to speak with any authority, because if you did you'd realize Danny is waaaay too fast for Matt.

#40 Posted by Amnesiak (2279 posts) - - Show Bio

Iron Fist

#41 Posted by phillip33 (1208 posts) - - Show Bio

@bflynn316: I mean, DD was catching hand arrows out of thin air, I've seen up to episode seven so i know you don't want me to comment, but that's a better reaction feat than aim dodging a bullet in a puff of smoke.

#42 Edited by Stahlflamme (4278 posts) - - Show Bio

Probably Danny, but people need to stop thinking any of Dannys opponents was as good as Nobu.

Bakuto was the leader of a New York faction of the hand, which primarily focused on recruitment and demonstrated barely anymore combat ability than his own bodyguards or fully trained students like Colleen.

Nobu is a leader of a or the japanese branch, who is believed to have lived for three human life times and was well known by Stick and Elektra as a great warrior. He is not a teacher like Bakudo or an anonymous warrior like the ones Ghao sent, but a legendary fighter in his own right.

#43 Edited by Nkemdiche (5 posts) - - Show Bio

Danny should take a majority. I feel he's more technically skilled. Matt might be faster but Danny's superior skill should give him the edge.

#44 Posted by killraven4334 (1092 posts) - - Show Bio

Danny stomps... he fodderizes people that Matt has traditionally struggled with. IE hand foot soldiers.

#45 Posted by bflynn316 (2181 posts) - - Show Bio

@bflynn316: I mean, DD was catching hand arrows out of thin air, I've seen up to episode seven so i know you don't want me to comment, but that's a better reaction feat than aim dodging a bullet in a puff of smoke.

Aim dodging isn't the same as bullet dodging dude. Danny dodged a bullet after it had already been fired, which is insanely fast.

#46 Posted by ThanosPimphand (582 posts) - - Show Bio

Matt has shown superior h2h skills and speed (catching arrrow unforeseen). Matt beats danny hard-difficulty

#47 Posted by cfrehse (2599 posts) - - Show Bio

H2H is his thing. He wins

Avatar image for blackpantherisb
#48 Posted by blackpantherisb (3147 posts) - - Show Bio

Wow really Matt is an arrow timer, Danny is a bullet, Danny fodderize do people that could have matched Matt (just using logic) Danny mid diff

#49 Posted by HeroUp2112 (12172 posts) - - Show Bio

Danny. If nothing else, Danny puts his opponents down in a LOT less time more frequently than Matt does. Especially in Season 1.

#50 Posted by CramAndman (1268 posts) - - Show Bio

Danny. If nothing else, Danny puts his opponents down in a LOT less time more frequently than Matt does. Especially in Season 1.

Agreed. Danny also takes a lot less punishment than Daredevil against equally skilled opponents. Just compare how Danny did in the tournament to how Daredevil did against Nobu and Kingpin. DD was injured in almost every fight of season 1. Danny was rarely injured and never badly throughout the whole season.