#2 Edited by Komboing (916 posts) - - Show Bio

Imo after watching some of Iron Fist

R1 - Danny fairly handily

R2 - Ollie

R3 - This is very close but I gotta give it to Danny

#3 Posted by morleericks (10582 posts) - - Show Bio

At least wait until the season is over

#4 Edited by AngelJax (3098 posts) - - Show Bio

@morleericks: All of the episodes are released at once, so it technically is.

#5 Posted by morleericks (10582 posts) - - Show Bio

@angeljax: no way someone has watched them already

#6 Edited by AngelJax (3098 posts) - - Show Bio

@morleericks: some people have already seen 6 so that only leaves 7 episodes left. Those who did, should have formulated an opinion about now.

#7 Posted by morleericks (10582 posts) - - Show Bio

@angeljax: well yea they can formulate an opinion if they believe they have seen enough. My statement was more directed towards those who create matches simply to just be the first ones to use said character.

#8 Posted by Lunacyde (26583 posts) - - Show Bio

You can't separate Danny from his use of Chi.

#9 Edited by Komboing (916 posts) - - Show Bio

@lunacyde: in r1-2 he just can't use it.

I'm not really sure it matters, after watching more, he is far beyond Oliver, and WORLDS beyond DD

For R2 the only reason Ollie wins is because he should be able to figure out that he's not winning at close range :P

#10 Edited by Apocofist (1721 posts) - - Show Bio

Isn't even out for me yet, lol.

#11 Posted by rogueshadow (24174 posts) - - Show Bio

Isn't even out for me yet, lol.

It's on Netflix everywhere.

#12 Posted by Apocofist (1721 posts) - - Show Bio
#13 Posted by rogueshadow (24174 posts) - - Show Bio
#14 Posted by Apocofist (1721 posts) - - Show Bio

@rogueshadow: Wait so today?

Also just realised that its Saint Patrick's Day.

Is there a connection between Danny and Leprechauns?

#15 Posted by rogueshadow (24174 posts) - - Show Bio

@rogueshadow: Wait so today?

Also just realised that its Saint Patrick's Day.

Is there a connection between Danny and Leprechauns?

Uhm... he wears green I guess?

#16 Posted by Apocofist (1721 posts) - - Show Bio

@rogueshadow: He probably harnesses the power of lucky charms bestowed upon him way up high in the Himalayas by Saint Patrick himself and so Rainbow fist is born.

Plot solved.

#17 Posted by rogueshadow (24174 posts) - - Show Bio

@rogueshadow: He probably harnesses the power of lucky charms bestowed upon him way up high in the Himalayas by Saint Patrick himself and so Rainbow fist is born.

Plot solved.

Lol, I can dig it.

Avatar image for marvelanddcfan24
#18 Posted by MarvelandDCfan24 (1299 posts) - - Show Bio

Iron fist stomps he reacted to s speeding car he'd prolly dodge arrows

#19 Posted by Komboing (916 posts) - - Show Bio

@marvelanddcfan24: Ollie only gets Arrows R2-3, in R1 its only h2h, and in R2 Ollie gets his Arrows, Danny just goes h2h, and in R3 it's Prometheus and Ollie with Standard Gear vs Danny with Chi

#20 Posted by Komboing (916 posts) - - Show Bio

Anyone else?

#21 Posted by TheSuperor (5165 posts) - - Show Bio

Danny without chi is fodder to Oliver

Oliver stomps the first two rounds, if round 3 is in standard gear Danny gets stomped there as well.

#22 Edited by Komboing (916 posts) - - Show Bio

@thesuperor: -_-

You know I think Oliver is the most skilled fighter in the Arrowverse, hell I think he can trash Ras al ghul at this point, but watch Iron Fist, Danny is simply on another level.

#23 Posted by TheSuperor (5165 posts) - - Show Bio

@komboing: Yes, a completely different level. A level way, way below Oliver.

Danny struggles more with fodder than Oliver does with the likes of Nyssa and Malcolm Merlyn. I have not watched the entire season yet, I'm about half way through, but at this point he wouldn't even beat Thea let alone Oliver.

The fighting choreography is all fancy and shit, but he struggles like hell against no named punks. He hasn't even fought any experienced martial artists yet, so he is leagues below Ollie...

#24 Posted by Komboing (916 posts) - - Show Bio

@thesuperor: gonna have to disagree here, the same way people assumed Ras was skilled, people are going to do, correctly so, for Danny, he's top 2 *maybe number 1* in marvel, and I just don't see Ollie being anywhere near him. Believe me I know how skilled Ollie is, but he's not beating Danny.

#25 Edited by uugieboogie (11682 posts) - - Show Bio

@komboing: Yes, a completely different level. A level way, way below Oliver.

Danny struggles more with fodder than Oliver does with the likes of Nyssa and Malcolm Merlyn. I have not watched the entire season yet, I'm about half way through, but at this point he wouldn't even beat Thea let alone Oliver.

The fighting choreography is all fancy and shit, but he struggles like hell against no named punks. He hasn't even fought any experienced martial artists yet, so he is leagues below Ollie...

Which episode are you on?

#26 Edited by TheSuperor (5165 posts) - - Show Bio
#27 Posted by Komboing (916 posts) - - Show Bio

@thesuperor: let me give you a reference.

Prometheus trained for 4 years non stop with Talia al Ghul. And is almost on par with oliver.

Danny has trained for 15 YEARS non stop every day with some of the most skilled people ever, and he has probably *if it's similar to the comics* surpassed them all.

#28 Posted by uugieboogie (11682 posts) - - Show Bio

@uugieboogie: Ep 7 I believe

He fought experienced Martial Artist in Episode 6. Those duels were against some of the Hands best warriors.

#29 Posted by TheSuperor (5165 posts) - - Show Bio

@komboing said:

@thesuperor: let me give you a reference.

Prometheus trained for 4 years non stop with Talia al Ghul. And is almost on par with oliver.

Danny has trained for 15 YEARS non stop every day with some of the most skilled people ever, and he has probably *if it's similar to the comics* surpassed them all.

Ra's al ghul trained for 200 years and was beat by Ollie. Experience is almost irrelevant in cases like this

#30 Posted by BruceRogers (10029 posts) - - Show Bio

@thesuperor: I am on episode six and Danny never struggled against any fodder other than that one mook sent by Ward to eliminate evidence of his birth and even then, the mook did get the drop on him by sucker punching him with brass knuckles

Also if you are referring to that guy from the shipping container, he was no ordinary thug since he was clearly under Madame Gao's employ has a member of the hand. I mean, lets not pretend as if Ollie and company have not struggled against someone from the LOA, at least before they turned into full time jobbers.

Other than that, he was breaking bones and one to two shotting enemies without a lot of hassle.

Not arguing who wins because Danny has very little to work from

Avatar image for supremegeneration
#31 Posted by SupremeGeneration (5989 posts) - - Show Bio

@brucerogers: when you say Ward you mean Grant Ward or some other Ward? I don't watch the Netflix shows so he might be in there and I dunno.

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
#32 Posted by AllStarSuperman (39867 posts) - - Show Bio

Ah man. Just as expected another Netflix character is unimpressive.....

Still I'll start the show after work.

#33 Posted by BruceRogers (10029 posts) - - Show Bio
#34 Posted by BruceRogers (10029 posts) - - Show Bio

@allstarsuperman: He isnt unimpressive, just because he has like 1 season to work from while Ollie has 5

But then again, watch it and judge for yourself I guess

Avatar image for miraclecomeback
#35 Posted by MiracleComeBack (1797 posts) - - Show Bio

Ollie has too many superior feats

#36 Edited by Komboing (916 posts) - - Show Bio

I think most of you here know me from arrow battle forums, and normally I think Oliver is more skilled than any of you think he is. Most of you don't even think he can beat Ras, but watching Danny fight, he is just on another level. He is the most or second most skilled fighter in ALL of marvel, he is either better or slightly worse than Shang Chi, who is far beyond anyone in DC *except karate kid or Batman 1 million*. I just don't think there's any way Ollie can win this fight. Believe me I know that in the Arrowverse there is no one that can match him. But Danny is just on another level, he is leagues above Ollie.

Avatar image for ithemanwithoutfeari
#37 Posted by ITheManWithoutFearI (4755 posts) - - Show Bio

Ive watched 1 episode so far and I already know that Danny beats him in h2h.

#38 Posted by TheSuperor (5165 posts) - - Show Bio

@komboing said:

I think most of you here know me from arrow battle forums, and normally I think Oliver is more skilled than any of you think he is. Most of you don't even think he can beat Ras, but watching Danny fight, he is just on another level. He is the most or second most skilled fighter in ALL of marvel, he is either better or slightly worse than Shang Chi, who is far beyond anyone in DC *except karate kid or Batman 1 million*. I just don't think there's any way Ollie can win this fight. Believe me I know that in the Arrowverse there is no one that can match him. But Danny is just on another level, he is leagues above Ollie.

How come? Any feats to prove it?

#39 Posted by TheSuperor (5165 posts) - - Show Bio

@brucerogers: Well, they may not be fodder, but they aren't established fighters so it's kinda hard to judge him from those fights. And he struggles more with fodder than what Oliver does. There was many occasions where fodder put up a "fight" against him. He didn't dispatch of fodder in the same matter as even early season 1 Ollie could..

So to say he is leagues above Oliver doesn't seem right to me. Oliver's fodder feats are more impressive, Oliver's feats against established fighters are more impressive, Oliver's strength feats are more impressive and Oliver's reaction feats are better. Oliver is simply better all around the board.

#40 Posted by DarkHoudini (1389 posts) - - Show Bio

@komboing said:

lol

#41 Posted by Komboing (916 posts) - - Show Bio

@thesuperor: okay when I say league I mean

Ollie is a high level master to low level grandmaster

Danny is the highest of all grandmasters, up there with Shang

#42 Posted by uugieboogie (11682 posts) - - Show Bio

@brucerogers: Well, they may not be fodder, but they aren't established fighters so it's kinda hard to judge him from those fights. And he struggles more with fodder than what Oliver does. There was many occasions where fodder put up a "fight" against him. He didn't dispatch of fodder in the same matter as even early season 1 Ollie could..

So to say he is leagues above Oliver doesn't seem right to me. Oliver's fodder feats are more impressive, Oliver's feats against established fighters are more impressive, Oliver's strength feats are more impressive and Oliver's reaction feats are better. Oliver is simply better all around the board.

I wouldn't be so sure. In the beginning of Episode 7 he dodged a bullet while already being drained of his chi. He also can amp his reaction time with his chi as he was moving like a blur blocking with one hand while "talking" to his master.

#43 Posted by Komboing (916 posts) - - Show Bio

@thesuperor: it's not like it would be Oliver vs Malcolm from s4

The difference between Danny and Oliver is probably comparable to the difference between Oliver and Thea. But on a much larger scale because of the level they are at. Believe me dude, I know Oliver is INCREDIBLY skilled, but there's no one better than Danny except for Karate Kid and Batman One million, and Batman One Million is basically just "because he's Batman" personified so no one can beat him. And karate kid is probably about as good as Shang/Danny put together. But Danny and Shang are the best there is in terms of martial artist from our time.

#44 Posted by TheSuperor (5165 posts) - - Show Bio

@komboing:But which feats do you have to prove that Danny is a better fighter than Ollie apart from a bit more fancy choreography?

@uugieboogie: Don't remember him dodging a bullet, but we are arguing Danny without his chi here so the amping of reaction time is irrelevant for the first two rounds in this fight

#45 Edited by FirstOlympian (694 posts) - - Show Bio
@allstarsuperman said:

Ah man. Just as expected another Netflix character is unimpressive.....

Still I'll start the show after work.

I have a question. What do you define as "Impressive"? I'm genuinely curious because you seem to have such a huge hate for Netflix characters, I genuinely can't remember a Netflix related thread you've "participated" in that didn't involve making fun of the characters.

What makes all the characters you like (Hit Girl, Jason Todd, Arrow, etc) impressive to you? Is it comparison to other characters? Compare them to Mike Tyson and they're superhuman. Compare them to Superman and they are no different from an ant.

Maybe Danny isn't as strong as the previous characters (I haven't seen the show yet), why does that make him "Unimpressive"? Is it based on the fact that he can't beat them? There's probably at least a million characters the listed can't beat so does that make them "Unimpressive"?

#46 Posted by uugieboogie (11682 posts) - - Show Bio

@uugieboogie: Don't remember him dodging a bullet, but we are arguing Danny without his chi here so the amping of reaction time is irrelevant for the first two rounds in this fight

It's Ep 7 right before the opening theme starts.

#47 Edited by BruceRogers (10029 posts) - - Show Bio

@thesuperor: Olivers strength feats are more impressive than a guy who can demolish metal containers and destroy metallic weapons with one punch?

And I may need to re watch season 1 of Arrow but I dont recall him doing anything more impressive than Danny. Hell how is Danny struggling against skilled fighters any different than Ollie having a tough time against a featless Drakon?

And you are exaggerating the struggle with fodder part

And again, I am not arguing that he will actually beat Arrow as of now. I am just pointing out that you are kind of underselling Danny

#48 Posted by TheSuperor (5165 posts) - - Show Bio

@komboing said:

@thesuperor: it's not like it would be Oliver vs Malcolm from s4

The difference between Danny and Oliver is probably comparable to the difference between Oliver and Thea. But on a much larger scale because of the level they are at. Believe me dude, I know Oliver is INCREDIBLY skilled, but there's no one better than Danny except for Karate Kid and Batman One million, and Batman One Million is basically just "because he's Batman" personified so no one can beat him. And karate kid is probably about as good as Shang/Danny put together. But Danny and Shang are the best there is in terms of martial artist from our time.

Now you are talking comics which is irrelevant when talking about the live action versions of the characters. Live action Green Arrow>Live Action Batman and comic Batman>>>comic Green Arrow. So how good they are supposed to be on the pages of a comic book doesn't translate to the live action versions.

#49 Posted by SUNMAN (7824 posts) - - Show Bio

I've only seen episode 1 and I say Danny

#50 Posted by Komboing (916 posts) - - Show Bio

@thesuperor: there aren't many feats, he's only had one season with 13 episodes, but the level at which he is fighting is simply not realistic. The strikes are, but the degree of skill to do some of the things he has done is simply not achievable. Mainly because he was trained by people in a mystical city. I haven't seen all of the episodes yet but I'm sure we'll see by the end.