User Lists: 1

I forget what War's stats were like by the end of the game, tbh

red_ruby_petal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

@kingcrimson: I didn't like Nero's power up, and not for powerscaling reasons but in a narrative sense it felt empty.

MrAbductor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By MrAbductor

@vertigo- said:

I forget what War's stats were like by the end of the game, tbh

To be honest, i don't find War too noteworthy stat wise, he has plenty of useful abilities though like his Stoneskin and fire aura which would give Nero some trouble.

I mainly made this thread because a few years back people would put Darksider characters like War and Death way above DMC characters, just wanted to see if those views are still around.

@kingcrimson said:

Nero stomps if he’s EoS

Yeah for both characters.

KingCrimson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@red_ruby_petal: Yeah I agree it felt a bit BS, and realistically speaking even after a power-up him owning Vergil seems kind of stupid to me.

CyberpunkCop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nero stomps

Avatar image for tanakaclinkenbeard
TanakaClinkenbeard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nero stomps.

@kingcrimson said:

@red_ruby_petal: Yeah I agree it felt a bit BS, and realistically speaking even after a power-up him owning Vergil seems kind of stupid to me.

It's not that far off considering that Nero without his DT stronger is then DMC4 Dante by DMC5.

KingCrimson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tanakaclinkenbeard:

It's not that far off considering that Nero without his DT stronger is then DMC4 Dante by DMC5.

What are you basing that on?

TanakaClinkenbeard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tanakaclinkenbeard:

What are you basing that on?

The fact that Dante using his regular DT couldn't even get past Uzien's shields or give him a singular wound before getting knocked out for a month. Nero does, and this is before he gets his DT.

KingCrimson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tanakaclinkenbeard: A fair enough point mate. Seems crazy to me, but can’t argue with your logic.

TanakaClinkenbeard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tanakaclinkenbeard: A fair enough point mate. Seems crazy to me, but can’t argue with your logic.

Yeah. Also wanna add that while not really canon, You can beat Uzien as Nero on both fights. Sooo yeah. There's that.

Mike_Fowler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kingcrimson: just to give a little more background info (I guess)

Nero is > Dante in regards to physical strength (both w/o DT)

From what I remember, I think that’s said in the Deadly Fortune novel by Dante himself

red_ruby_petal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kingcrimson: @tanakaclinkenbeard:

I mean, its probably not unrealistic to think Nero was close to Dante in a story perspective, but my biggest complaint was that he came off as an a-hole in the end.

KingCrimson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@red_ruby_petal:

I mean, its probably not unrealistic to think Nero was close to Dante in a story perspective

Eh, I dunno. Nero was 1/4 demon and was getting mollywhopped by Dante in DMC 4, then after losing his biggest demonic asset (and supposedly all of his demonic power) he then becomes a Dante level ass kicking machine?

It doesn't sit right with me, but I can't deny the feats.

but my biggest complaint was that he came off as an a-hole in the end.

A-hole? How so?

I hated how Shonen it was, that was my main gripe. It was a cheap, quick, love-inspired power up that made literally no sense IMO.

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@red_ruby_petal:

I mean, its probably not unrealistic to think Nero was close to Dante in a story perspective

Eh, I dunno. Nero was 1/4 demon and was getting mollywhopped by Dante in DMC 4, then after losing his biggest demonic asset (and supposedly all of his demonic power) he then becomes a Dante level ass kicking machine?

It doesn't sit right with me, but I can't deny the feats.

but my biggest complaint was that he came off as an a-hole in the end.

A-hole? How so?

I hated how Shonen it was, that was my main gripe. It was a cheap, quick, love-inspired power up that made literally no sense IMO.

Nero has gotten stronger since dmc4 and his DBs like ragtime come from some pretty powerful demons. so he may lose some power without yamato but he's way more versatile now

Nero was completely upset and emotional during that time I wasn't seeing any love there lol. I think they'll explore it eventually him and nico were confused by it plus Sparda's blood is extremely potent

KingCrimson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kgb725:

Sure, but all those demons were weaker than Nero seeing as he beat them (save Geryon) so him jumping to Dante/Sparda level seems totally unfounded to me.

I mean after his phone call to Kirie saying he didn't know what to do. In any case, a power-up due to emotion is super shonen lol.

Yeah, I hope they do 'cause the ending left me with a bit of a sour taste in my mouth in all honesty, and I'm a life-long fan of the series.

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kingcrimson: Japan does like the half/partial breeds being stronger than full beings thing though and Nero was at least able to give a decent fight to peak dante in dmc4.

TanakaClinkenbeard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@red_ruby_petal: I don't see how. Dante had that bitch slap coming the entire game.

red_ruby_petal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kingcrimson: He turned into Donte, and that gave me nightmares. That and he is really still immature and hasnt really developed much as a character.

TanakaClinkenbeard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kingcrimson: He turned into Donte, and that gave me nightmares. That and he is really still immature and hasnt really developed much as a character.

Nero by the end of the game admit to his immature about being called dead weight and stopped his father and Uncle from killing either because he didn't want either of them to die. He did develop.

greenroost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers