Nero (Devil May Cry) replaced Kiritsugu Emiya (Fate/Zero), and Morded (Fate/Apocrypha) replaced Artoria (Fate/Zero)

Avatar image for deactivated-5d32bd5deaacf
deactivated-5d32bd5deaacf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

No Caption Provided

Replaces

No Caption Provided

Scenario:

Nero wakes up in Fuyuki City without knowledge of how he got here. He looked around with his icy-blue eyes as they settled upon a woman with blonde hair and in armor clad in silver and red. Mordred speaks that he is her master for the Holy Grail War. Nero was confused, however, Mordred explained stuff about Grail War. Nero thought it would be a good idea to go for it - so he can get back to Fortuna City. Nero and Mordred form a pack, and set out on the grail war.

Conditions:

• Nero has feats from the DMC4 Video Game, and Light Novel.
  • Mordred has feats from Fate/Apocrypha (Anime and Light Novel), and Fate/Grand Order
  • Everyone from Fate/Zero gets Anime, and Light Novel feats
  • Nero and Mordred have their standard equipment.
  • Nero and Mordred can complete their task in their own manner and don't have to follow what Kiritsugu and Saber did. However, they'll get an item to help them complete their task.
  • Both are In-Character
Vertigo-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

There's a DMC4 light novel? I knew there was a somewhat cannonical manga, but never a light novel

ChromTheExalt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By ChromTheExalt

Nero can absolutely thrash any of the masters and Mordred is on par with Arturia but doesn't have a strict code like Arty does. They stomp.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vertigo- said:

There's a DMC4 light novel? I knew there was a somewhat cannonical manga, but never a light novel

The Light Novel is semi-canon. However, the Light Novel gives hints that Nero is Vergil's son. although the artbook already confirms this. The light novel also confirms that Nero has minor soul manipulation.

右手に刀がある。

There was a sword in my right hand.

そして俺の背に、もう一人の俺がいる。振り返らずとも分かる。確かにいる。もう一人の俺。俺の力の象徴。俺の魂。青白い光に包まれた、「悪魔」。

And behind me, there was another me. Although thinking back on it, I'm sure. Definitely. The other me. The symbol of my power. My soul. Covered in bluish-white light, my "Devil".

Devil May Cry 4: Deadly Fortuna Volume 1 page: 161

The demon we see behind Nero is his soul, basically, we've been beating the shit out of demons with Nero's soul.

Vertigo-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

DyzaGhost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

As long as they don't fight Gilgamesh - which they will be forced too, in order to win - They will do well and even solo some of the teams. However, they're not making it passed Gilgamesh and his Gate of Babylon along with Ea.

Just_Banter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't know how strong Nero is, so ignoring him when it comes to servants, Mordred likely goes down to Diarmuid. She doesn't have Artoria's advantage of an invisible weapon, she's objectively much weaker than Artoria skill wise, with her fighting style being more like a wild beast than an elegant swordsman, even Artoria's instinct wasn't helping too much in that fight, and Mordred's personality would make her utterly refuse to retreat if she were to be injured in the same vein as Artoria was.

She might get pissed and use Clarent Blood Arthur against him, but that would likely draw the other servants to her and get her dogpiled, so even then I don't know if she'd survive the encounter.

I could also see her getting pissed at Lancelot's berserker form and bullrushing him, which wouldn't end too well for her considering Lancelot is canonically strong enough to stall Gawain for hours while the sun is up. Out of all the consistent fighters on the round table, Mordred is considered one of the weaker ones.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@just_banter: Nero is the protagonist of Devil May Cry 4.

Nero is strong enough to crush the face of the Savior, who is the size of skyscraper - and him crushing it's face caused a large shock-wave, how large? Unknown. He is also able to trade blows with DMC4 Dante, whom is superior to DMC3 and DMC1/Anime Dante. DMC3 Dante swung his sword hard enough to cleave through the air, and put a large gash in the building.

And is able to punch a large stone in half.

DMC Anime Dante is strong enough to fling a demon through the air in high-speeds as they break through advisement structure. Overpower a demon whom just by moving was destroying large stone objects.

DMC Anime also swung his sword hard enough to cause an explosion within a skyscraper.

Loading Video...

Nero also threw a demon into a stone structure - and caused it break apart. He also cut through concrete. Nero also swung his sword hard enough put out the fires caused by Berial - and was able to stop his sword and even pushed him back. He has also whipped around demons the size of bael.

Nero is fast enough to keep up with DMC4 Dante who is superior to DMC3 Dante whom was able to run down Temen-ni-gru - so fast that he was catching fire and he also caught a bullet with his mouth.

DMC3 Dante also kept up with Vergil who diced a bullet into six pieces as it was fired at him.

During of fights with Dante, Vergil spun his sword around seven to eight times before the several bullets fired by Dante reached him.

Loading Video...

Avatar image for hey_thatsmildlyadequate
Hey_Thatsmildlyadequate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Honestly I don't think Nero is on par with any major servant

FlashingSabre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By FlashingSabre

@digitaldemon: Does Mordred get Rampage and Clarent's True Name Release? If she does, she clears with ease.

Without it, she loses hard to Gilles' Great Horror and Gil.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hey_thatsmildlyadequate: He should at least be able to hold his own long enough - for Mordred to intercede.

@digitaldemon: Does Mordred get Rampage and Clarent's True Name Release? If she does, she clears with ease.

Without it, she loses hard to Gilles' Great Horror and Gil.

I put in the OP that both Nero and Mordred get their standard equipment.

FlashingSabre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@just_banter: Two obscure clarifications:

Diarmuid's Knight's Tactics skill basically nullifies stuff like Instinct and Eye of the Mind, which is why Arturia was getting hit so much during the duel; she's not used to not being able to precog dodge in a duel, even against a weaker and slower opponent. Mordred would likely do a bit better against him since she's much less technical and would just abuse her strength advantage via Mana Burst.

Lancelot can stalemate Gawain without Mad Enhancement due to his skill. So Zerker Lancelot, despite being stronger and faster, would likely lose due to not being able to strategize or properly predict Gawain's moves. That's being said, he'd still destroy Mordred with Arondight unless she gets one or both of her FGO power-ups.

FlashingSabre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@digitaldemon: But does she get access to Clarent's King Blessing? In FGO Merlin just implied that she now has access to it, but she hasn't gotten a chance to actually use it yet.

Just_Banter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@flashingsabre: I must have completely forgotten about Diarmuid's skill. Either way, if she brute strengths him right off the bat she's liable to get sliced through her armour by his spears. She does have battle continuation, but she'd definitely cop a heavy injury before she figured out what was going on. Plus, if Mordred doesn't fight honourably in the same way that Artoria did, Diarmuid would likely opt for hit and run tactics, which could really mess up Mordred as she doesn't have much of a rush down strategy (as shown through her skirmish with Chiron). Though, that would probably just piss her off and get her to pop her NP.

IIRC Lancelot retains his skill in Berserker form anyway, and going off the F/SN VN even Heracles can still strategise as a Berserker, somehow (although the scan I have of Rin saying that is on my other computer). Either way, it was to highlight that Lancelot is solidly a top tier KoTR, whilst Mordred really isn't when compared to other knights.

I really can't see her winning the war. Further, she'd probably manage to piss of Gilgamesh if they met, which would end poorly for her.

DyzaGhost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@digitaldemon: A bullet is about 1,700 miles per hour or 760 meters per second. To be able to spin his seven to eight times in the span of that, that would make Vergil be able to spin his sword at about 11,900.5 miles per hour or 5,320 meters per second. Considering Nero kept up with DMC4 Dante who is much faster than DMC3 Dante and Vergil would make him mach 15.

I'm pretty sure all of the servants are much faster than mach 15.

FlashingSabre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By FlashingSabre

@just_banter: Totally agreed. I'd bet on Mor winning in the long run, but it would be a horrible tactical error within the context of Zero.

He retains his skill but not his reason. There's a reason Saber Lance is canonically stronger than Zerker Lance despite having lower stats. Lance is absolutely at the top of the KOTR(With Gawain and Galahad), just not as a Zerker. Arturia never would have beaten him without Excalibur and Avalon if he were summoned as a Saber.

Herc's the super special awesome exception, where despite having crazy high level Mad Enhancement he still has full mental faculties. There are actual a couple of cool moments in FGO where he decides "screw it" and dials up his ME to max and goes full 'Zerker. One of which him them jumping like 100 feet into the air and tearing apart a massive dragon which had previously shrugged off his best hits with his bare hands.

And I totally agree about her losing. Clarent isn't strong enough to kill the Great Horror, for one thing. She'd probably lose to Lancelot via Arondight's anti-dragon enchantment. And Gil would get pissed and nuke her to death long before she got close enough to try and kill him the same way Arturia did in the Fate Route.

Just_Banter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@flashingsabre:

One of which him them jumping like 100 feet into the air and tearing apart a massive dragon which had previously shrugged off his best hits with his bare hands.

Is that in one of the JP singularities? I can't be bothered getting all the story and stuff outside of the game so I stick to the NA version

FlashingSabre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dyzaghost: No where near all of them, but a lot. Archer is like casually Mach 10+, and he gets blitzed like constantly.

FlashingSabre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By FlashingSabre

@just_banter: It's in his first interlude, at Fuyuki. It's where the ME this is clearly explained for the first time, after being hinted at in Stay Night.

Just_Banter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@flashingsabre: I should really get around to ascending him, but Cu Alter just makes every other buster focused berserker practically irrelevant.

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@flashingsabre:

He retains his skill but not his reason. There's a reason Saber Lance is canonically stronger than Zerker Lance despite having lower stats. Lance is absolutely at the top of the KOTR(With Gawain and Galahad), just not as a Zerker. Arturia never would have beaten him without Excalibur and Avalon if he were summoned as a Saber.

It's never been stated he's stronger as a Saber. Artoria only won in Zero because Lancelot drained all of Kariya's mana.

Herc's the super special awesome exception, where despite having crazy high level Mad Enhancement he still has full mental faculties. There are actual a couple of cool moments in FGO where he decides "screw it" and dials up his ME to max and goes full 'Zerker. One of which him them jumping like 100 feet into the air and tearing apart a massive dragon which had previously shrugged off his best hits with his bare hands.

Herc doesn't have full mental facilities. He maintains some skill, but the skill he has is reduced, hence he can't use Nine Lives.

FlashingSabre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@just_banter: The trick is too get his Bond CE. He's basically immortal as long as its equipt.

FlashingSabre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sy8000: FGO, man. Play it or stop purporting yourself as knowing Fate.

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

FlashingSabre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sy8000: OK. So you just don't have Herc or Saberlot. Because the game beats this information into your head if you do.

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sy8000: OK. So you just don't have Herc or Saberlot. Because the game beats this information into your head if you do.

I do have them. Chaldea Hercules is different from the regular one, he doesn't have God Hand but can use Nine Lives.

Saber is stated to be the class Lancelot is most fitting in and closest to life, which doesn't mean he's more powerful overall.

Just_Banter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@flashingsabre: True, triple guts makes him the best sweeper in the game. That's why atm he sits in the final place in my teams and holds on to the bond EXP CE. Only 4 bond levels to go.

jashugan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Nero can stop time

FlashingSabre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@just_banter: I know that feel. It took me like 7 months to get him to bond 10 from bond 5, despite having him in almost every single match I played.

Just_Banter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@flashingsabre: I have 3 open spots if you want to add me btw, my code is 486,440,652

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I should really get around to ascending him, but Cu Alter just makes every other buster focused berserker practically irrelevant.

Raikou?

Although yeah in my first account I ended up using Cu Alter so much he got to bond line just front lining lol. Didn't even occur to me he's better in back row.

FlashingSabre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By FlashingSabre

@sy8000: Mama is pretty great. There's also Uncle Vlad for Arts teams. Plus Zerkalot and Fran for farming.

FlashingSabre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just_Banter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

CodeVein

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nero have Yamato?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

CodeVein

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By CodeVein

@digitaldemon: Nothing stops Nero from Bisecting Gilgamesh with Yamato.

Gilgamesh would already have his hands full with Mordred and as we saw in the DMC5 leaks Nero doesn't just stand back and watch something he gets involved.

Matter of fact his go to move in DMC4 after getting Yamato was summoning it in cutscene left and right and producing the air slices.

CodeVein

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By CodeVein

@digitaldemon: Also unlike Gilgamesh Nero consistently lightning times (Gilgamesh's lightning timing feat is very vague and debatable anyway as it says several of his auto defensors struck home on the arrow then tries to claim the speed of electricity through the air is lightning but its not they are two different speeds of velocity also gets tagged by far less) meaning his reaction speed is far superior than any servant in Zero.

Nero is most certainly capable of whooping servants especially thanks to the Devil Bringer, Blitz is a Demon made of pure Lightning Dante fights one while Nero Fights 2 later at different points.

Canonly showing Dante in Dmc4 while joking around might I add, is casually a lightning timer otherwise he would have never hit Blitz even though it dodges him in the cutscene.

And like I said Nero fights Blitz's later. His feat isn't vague in anyway he pretty much has to be able to tag them and dodge them to fight them and keep up with them.

Funny enough if you did say you wanted to Nerf him and make him his weaker Dmc5 version who now has robotic arms (Thanks Vergil)

His Devil breakers could still let him clear especially the fact he can use Break age to quite literally stop time with Ragtime.