NCOMT - OptimusPalm & BTHL1 VS TTBA & Strongarm-VOTING!!!

the_red_viper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By the_red_viper  Moderator

@optimuspalm-Tarzan

@betatesthighlander1-Conan the Barbarian

@thetruebarryallen-Hatter Madigan

@strongarm-Hugo Danner

Conan woke up. He was staring at an unfamiliar ceiling. He sat up, looked around him, and saw another man, who looked just as confused as him.

"Who are you?" asked Conan. "Where are we?"

"Me Tarzan," the man replied.

Another man came into the room. "Follow me gentlemen."

Tarzan and Conan followed the man. They left the room, and were standing at a big, round gladiator's ring. At the other end of the ring, they saw to other men. They too had a guide.

"Conan. Tarzan. Welcome. These would be your opponents..."

------------

"...Tarzan, and Conan the Barbarian."

"Opponents?" asked Hatter Madigan. "What is going on here?"

"You two will be fighting them. Two weeks from now."

"Why?" asked Hugo.

"Because this is the will of the Caesar."

------------

"So you have two weeks. You should use them wisely. Train."

Conan sighed. "Come on, big guy. Looks like we have no choice."

"Hmph," replied Tarzan, and they retreated to their room.

Setting:

The fight takes place here:

No Caption Provided

The ring is round and has a 50m diameter. Each team starts at another end of the arena. The fight begins when the Caesar gives the mark.

Other rules:

• Both teams have 2 weeks prep (using them to obtain knowledge of the other team is allowed).
  • All combatants must specify the equipment they'd be using in this fight (STANDARD GEAR ONLY).
  • Fight to the bitter end.
  • No outside help.

Good luck and have fun! :D

Avatar image for betatesthighlander1
Betatesthighlander1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

the_red_viper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 the_red_viper  Moderator
Betatesthighlander1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

the_red_viper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 the_red_viper  Moderator
Betatesthighlander1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

the_red_viper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By the_red_viper  Moderator
the_red_viper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for thetruebarryallen
TheTrueBarryAllen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Combatant: Hatter Madigan

Standard Gear: Specialized Top Hat, Millinery Robes, Millinery Backpack, Wrist Propellers, Millinery Belt.

I'll wait for the other combatants to post their own gear and characters before posting an attack.

Betatesthighlander1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Strongarm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Betatesthighlander1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Betatesthighlander1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cooldes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

good luck guys

TheTrueBarryAllen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@betatesthighlander1 Go for it! Sorry it took me so long to respond, the notification system has been a little buggy on my end this past week.

Betatesthighlander1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thetruebarryallen: hey, school is starting for me in two days

you might should start this

Betatesthighlander1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thetruebarryallen: well, I guess I've been the one who wanted to start this

so, to put it short, Tarzan is going to be jumping through the arena throwing lassos while Conan takes them close up, unless, of course, Conan is genuinely put in trouble, in which case he should come over and help

TheTrueBarryAllen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@betatesthighlander1 Sounds good!

Who is Hatter Madigan?

Hatter Madigan is the bodyguard for the Queen in the Looking Glass War's trilogy. He is loosely based off of the Mad Hatter in terms of his namesake and trademark hat, his personality however is much different than that of the Mad Hatter we see in the Alice in Wonderland Books. He is the leading member of Wonderlands Elite Security Force, the Millinery. In the first book Wonderland is under attack from the evil sister of Queen Genevieve, Redd. Redd and Genevieve are powerful reality warpers in Wonderland that use a force known as imagination to create objects at will. Genevieve battles Redd to the death and gives Hatter the order to protect her daughter, Princess Alyss until she herself is old enough to rule. Genevieve is then killed by Redd but not before Hatter can escape with Princess Alyss and get her to safety. He then works alongside the Alyss and the revolutionary force known as the Alyssians to re-take the Queendom from Redd. Throughout the trilogy Hatter is put in incredibly dangerous combat situations and usually out-numbered. He is the man that the Queen goes to if she needs something done quickly and professionally. He is able to stay calm, cool, and collected in combat situations and treats fighting like a dance, it all flows together.

Now that you know a little bit of his back story I should probably explain his gear a tad.

His Gear

Specialized Hat - Every member of the Millinery creates a hat made out of the string of various Caterpillar Oracles. Hatter has made a hat that works like a boomerang, it has several S-Shaped blades that expand from it when he tosses it. It is an incredibly durable weapon, capable of cutting through several foes at once before coming back to Hatter. It also takes special training to use such a weapon, during the attack on Genevieve's castle a mercenary tried to use Hatter's Hat against him and failed 3-4 times before Hatter used the weapon to kill him. Hatter is also able to throw his hat incredibly far, there was one instance in which he targeted a Glass Eye Assassin that was in a window 4 stories up and killed it with a simple toss of the hat.

Wrist Blades - Hatter has two bands on his wrists that contain propeller blades capable of shredding through materials such as canvas and netting while also blocking blades, bullets, and incredibly sharp crystals. Hatter uses these blades both defensively and offensively in combat.

Millinery Belt - Hatter wears a special belt that is given to members of the Millinery. This belt contains two sabers made of Millinery Steel that pop out if he punches it's buckle. Often times this is used if Hatter is pinned by a target due to the fact that they catch the target off guard.

Millinery Backpack - The backpack is like a Swiss Army knife. Whenever Hatter needs another sort of bladed projectile or sword he opens his back. It has several various throwing blades and swords called the Hands of Tyman. It's essentially just filled with more stuff to use when fighting.

Feats ( I suppose these are important as they backup my claims )

Hatter saves his lover & daughter from an enemy camp, proceeds to kick ass.

He doesn't have an AD-52 or a Scorpspitter like we see during some of this, but it doesn't really take away from his capabilities, he had just loaded up tons of weapons because of how many people he was facing. Here we see he's capable of deflecting & redirecting bullets with his wrist blades ( which he uses as shields and then rams them through one of the Card Soldiers ) while on the move. He then runs into a series of soldiers that are a part of King Arches army and cuts through them like butter. He uses his hat to slice through 4 of them while he jumps over another 2 and kills them with his wrist blades and THEN catches his hat.

He then sees his lover die during this fighting and doesn't lose focus, continues fighting the large numbers of soldiers alongside his daughter and they come out on top.

Hatter vs two of the most feared assassins in the series. Bring it.

This showing may seem a little weak but Ripkins & Blister are the two bodyguards for King Arch and both are essentially Meta's. Ripkins is like a human knife, his fingers can tear through anything and he uses this to his advantage in combat, he's very scary in H2H. Blister is an interesting one, for some reason his touch is incredibly hazardous and causes incredible pain and blistering on whatever he touched. Hatter goes against these two and even manages to cut off one of Blister's fingers in the process.

King Arch's soldiers are nothing compared to Hatter.

He's got some crazy accuracy with his backpack weapons, just running towards an entire group of foes while throwing various blades from his pack at them. He then selects some targets to attack with his hat, throws it, forgets about it and proceeds to kill other foes, then catches his hat after it kills his targets.

The Plan

Looking at the arena our team starts off in a really open area, there isn't anywhere to hide or any obstacles to worry about. This is perfect for myself and my partner considering how Hatter has tons of throwing weapons while Hugo Danner has WW1 weaponry.

I don't exactly know what Conan's armor is made of but judging from his time period it's probably some sort of either Iron or Leather. From the feats above we saw that Hatter is capable of cutting through several foes at once with his Hat, and he also has fought Card Soldier which are made of steel and are rather durable. All in all I think the enemies that Hatter has gone up against and sliced through were wearing armor that was either stronger or equal to the armor that Conan has.

I believe the other member of your team is Tarzan, who, if it's the Tarzan I'm thinking of doesn't really have much defense.

Conan has a Spear which he could use to throw at Hatter but that'd be silly as we can see from Hatter's dodging and deflecting feats, he'd have no problem avoiding it or knocking it aside. If the two got in close combat Hatter has no problem deflecting melee weapons like swords, he's been shown to take on multiple foes at once in CCQ and is fully capable of defending against multiple blows those melee weapons.

All the while this is going on Hugo is probably shooting at your team, and I don't know their reaction times but if Hugo can lodge a couple bullets into your team they'd probably go down pretty quick.

In the end I think it comes down to the fact that Hatter & Hugo have ranged weapons and are skilled at both a distance and close up that would give them the win in such a situation.

Betatesthighlander1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thetruebarryallen: that is a lot of reply

I have to prepare for school, so it might be a while

TheTrueBarryAllen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@betatesthighlander1 No biggie!

Also, @strongarm if you'd like to add anything about Hugo Danner now would be a good time. I don't know all that much about him.

Strongarm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thetruebarryallen: Think of him as a proto superman, golden age version where he is stronger than the average guy

but I use the version when he is a kid to nerf him

Betatesthighlander1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Betatesthighlander1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@betatesthighlander1: hmm, well, Conan was able to take on the greatest swordsman on Earth

"Zaporavo was the veteran of a thousand fights by sea and by land. There was no man in the world more deeply and thoroughly versed than he in the lore of swordcraft. But he had never been pitted against a blade wielded by thews bred in the wild lands beyond the borders of civilization. Against his fighting-craft was matched blinding speed and strength impossible to a civilized man. Conan's manner of fighting was unorthodox, but instinctive and natural as that of a timber wolf. The intricacies of the sword were as useless against his primitive fury as a human boxer's skill against the onslaughts of a panther. Fighting as he had never fought before, straining every last ounce of effort to parry the blade that flickered like lightning about his head, Zaporavo in desperation caught a full stroke near his hilt, and felt his whole arm go numb beneath the terrific impact. That stroke was instantly followed by a thrust with such terrible drive behind it that the sharp point ripped through chain-mail and ribs like paper, to transfix the heart beneath. Zaporavo's lips writhed in brief agony, but, grim to the last, he made no sound. He was dead before his body relaxed on the trampled grass, where blood drops glittered like spilt rubies in the sun. Conan shook the red drops from his sword, grinned with unaffected pleasure, stretched like a huge cat..."

- Pool of the Black One

he was able to eat the greatest strangler in a strangling match

"Your head, Cimmerian!" taunted Baal-pteor. "I shall take it with my bare hands, twisting it from your shoulders as the head of a fowl is twisted! Thus the sons of Kosala offer sacrifice to Yajur. Barbarian, you look upon a strangler of Yota-pong. I was chosen by the priests of Yajur in my infancy, and throughout childhood, boyhood, and youth I was trained in the art of slaying with the naked hands—for only thus are the sacrifices enacted. Yajur loves blood, and we waste not a drop from the victim's veins. When I was a child they gave me infants to throttle; when I was a boy I strangled young girls; as a youth, women, old men, and young boys. Not until I reached my full manhood was I given a strong man to slay on the altar of Yota-pong.

"For years I offered the sacrifices to Yajur. Hundreds of necks have snapped between these fingers—" he worked them before the Cimmerian's angry eyes. "Why I fled from Yota-pong to become Totrasmek's servant is no concern of yours. In a moment you will be beyond curiosity. The priests of Kosala, the stranglers of Yajur, are strong beyond the belief of men. And I was stronger than any. With my hands, barbarian, I shall break your neck!"

And like the stroke of twin cobras, the great hands closed on Conan's throat. The Cimmerian made no attempt to dodge or fend them away, but his own hands darted to the Kosalan's bull-neck. Baal-pteor's black eyes widened as he felt the thick cords of muscles that protected the barbarian's throat. With a snarl he exerted his inhuman strength, and knots and lumps and ropes of thews rose along his massive arms. And then a choking gasp burst from him as Conan's fingers locked on his throat. For an instant they stood there like statues, their faces masks of effort, veins beginning to stand out purply on their temples. Conan's thin lips drew back from his teeth in a grinning snarl. Baal- pteor's eyes were distended and in them grew an awful surprise and the glimmer of fear. Both men stood motionless as images, except for the expanding of their muscles on rigid arms and braced legs, but strength beyond common conception was warring there—strength that might have uprooted trees and crushed the skulls of bullocks.

The wind whistled suddenly from between Baal-pteor's parted teeth. His face was growing purple. Fear flooded his eyes. His thews seemed ready to burst from his arms and shoulders, yet the muscles of the Cimmerian's thick neck did not give; they felt like masses of woven iron cords under his desperate fingers. But his own flesh was giving way under the iron fingers of the Cimmerian which ground deeper and deeper into the yielding throat muscles, crushing them in upon jugular and windpipe.

The statuesque immobility of the group gave way to sudden, frenzied motion, as the Kosalan began to wrench and heave, seeking to throw himself backward. He let go of Conan's throat and grasped his wrists, trying to tear away those inexorable fingers.

With a sudden lunge Conan bore him backward until the small of his back crashed against the table. And still farther over its edge Conan bent him, back and back, until his spine was ready to snap.

Conan's low laugh was merciless as the ring of steel.

"You fool!" he all but whispered. "I think you never saw a man from the West before. Did you deem yourself strong, because you were able to twist the heads off civilized folk, poor weaklings with muscles like rotten string? Hell! Break the neck of a wild Cimmerian bull before you call yourself strong. I did that, before I was a full-grown man—like this!"

And with a savage wrench he twisted Baal-pteor's head around until the ghastly face leered over the left shoulder, and the vertebrae snapped like a rotten branch.

-Man eaters of Zamboula

was able to function after a day on a cross

The process was repeated, and then Djebal turned his attention to Conan's skewered feet. But the Cimmerian, struggling up to a sitting posture, wrenched the pincers from his fingers and sent him staggering backward with a violent shove. Conan's hands were swollen to almost twice their normal size. His fingers felt like misshapen thumbs, and closing his hands was an agony that brought blood streaming from under his grinding teeth. But somehow, clutching the pincers clumsily with both hands, he managed to wrench out first one spike and then the other. They were not driven so deeply into the wood as the others had been. He rose stiffly and stood upright on his swollen, lacerated feet, swaying drunkenly, the icy sweat dripping from his face and body. Cramps assailed him and he clamped his jaws against the desire to retch. Olgerd, watching him impersonally, motioned him toward the stolen horse. Conan stumbled toward it, and every step was a stabbing, throbbing hell that flecked his lips with bloody foam. One misshapen, groping hand fell clumsily on the saddle-bow, a bloody foot somehow found the stirrup. Setting his teeth, he swung up, and he almost fainted in midair; but he came down in the saddle--and as he did so, Olgerd struck the horse sharply with his whip. The startled beast reared, and the man in the saddle swayed and slumped like a sack of sand, almost unseated. Conan had wrapped a rein about each hand, holding it in place with a clamping thumb. Drunkenly he exerted the strength of his knotted biceps, wrenching the horse down; it screamed, its jaw almost dislocated.
- a Witch shall be Born

OptimusPalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@betatesthighlander1: Hey I'm back! A few days turned into two weeks.

Really sorry i havent been around - long story.

Betatesthighlander1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@optimuspalm: awesome

anyways, I'm gonna be gone for a while, since school's starting

TheTrueBarryAllen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@betatesthighlander1

Conan is most definitely someone to look out for in close range combat, so it's a good thing we're starting on opposite sides of the arena.

His endurance also seems to be incredibly high, so beating him via exhaustion wouldn't be an option, but it's not something I would've tried to do in the first place.

He was able to best two men at what they were best for, swordplay & strangling, I didn't even know there was a profession in strangling haha, but anyways onto the point. Hatter's been shown to fight large groups of skills combatants, they may not be the best at what they do but they're still skilled none the less. Hatter can easily dodge/deflect anything that Conan throws at him, it doesn't help that Conan has some more "primitive" weapons.

If Conan even wants to lay a finger on either Hatter or Hugo he's going to have to cross the entire arena, same goes for Tarzan. Both Hugo and Hatter have ranged weapons, which would slow down your progress of getting to them & damage both members of your team along the way. I don't know what Conans durability is but as seen above Hatter's Hat was able to tear through 4 bodies before it boomeranged back to Hatter, so I'm quite sure that it could tear through Conan and Tarzan. Hugo has WW1 Weaponry so he's most likely using a Colt M1991 and an M1903 Springfield, both of which would cause some damage to your team members as they have little to no protection from such projectiles.

If by chance both Tarzan and Conan DO make it to Hatter and Hugo then it'd become an interesting match. Hugo has the strength to combat Conan, and in Melee he'd probably be using a Trench Knife ( they were common in WW1 ). Hugo's skin is incredibly durable and things like bayonets and bullets don't do anything to it, it'd take something like heavy artillery to get through it. Hatter is a good foe for Tarzan, but I don't know what weapons Tarzan is using. If he's only got Lassos then Hatter would be able to tear right through them with his wrist blades like he was able to do to the tent canvas and the mesh net that Arch's soldiers tried containing him with.

tl;dr - Our side has the ranged weapons advantage and better technology, if your team does happen to get close they'd be weakened by said ranged weapons and technology allowing them to be bested in a close combat fight. The only real problem I see is Conan vs Hugo but if Hatter can dispatch of Tarzan quickly then he'd be able to assist Hugo in taking down the Barbarian.

Betatesthighlander1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thetruebarryallen:

oh yeah, the strangler was part of a cult

Tarzan is very effective at throwing lassos/nooses at a long range

as for Danner, I don't think he had many guns as a baby

OptimusPalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@betatesthighlander1: haha although i'm back, i'm still not going to be around as much as i'd like. We'll sort something out

Betatesthighlander1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TheTrueBarryAllen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@betatesthighlander1

I was just going off of what Strongarm said Hugo had for standard equipment, if he's a teenager I'm sure he could still fire a gun. I think he was just lowering his power levels so that he'd be in the limits.

I don't really have anything else to say so if you're ready for voting I'm ready.

@strongarm is there anything you'd like to add?

OptimusPalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@betatesthighlander1: I like you lassoo plan. I'm good. (wish i actually had the time to get into this tourny).

Strongarm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Strongarm

@thetruebarryallen: He can do the fastball special with your character for better mobility

TheTrueBarryAllen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@strongarm Hahaha I love that idea, Hatter is small enough to fly far and fly fast and Hugo could throw him quite far!

Betatesthighlander1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TheTrueBarryAllen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Alright, @the_red_viper, I think we're all ready for voting. Nobody else seems to have anything more to offer.

the_red_viper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 the_red_viper  Moderator

OK then

I'll post a link in the NCOMT PM

Feel free to tag friends that aren't in this tourney if you want more voters.

Dextersinister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Going to give this to @thetruebarryallen, wasn't really much of a debate but he was the only one with a plan.

Betatesthighlander1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

OK then

I'll post a link in the NCOMT PM

Feel free to tag friends that aren't in this tourney if you want more voters.

cool

Going to give this to @thetruebarryallen, wasn't really much of a debate but he was the only one with a plan.

thanks for voting

TheTrueBarryAllen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bumpin'

TheTrueBarryAllen

Forum Posts