Nate Grey (X-Man) vs Darkseid

#1 Posted by MyronLee26 (1172 posts) - - Show Bio
No Caption Provided

Both are at the pinnacle of their powers.

Who will win?

#2 Posted by JediXMan (42910 posts) - - Show Bio

Shouldn't the Omega Sanction still affect Nate in his energy form? If not, Nate wins.

#3 Posted by StarKiller809 (1727 posts) - - Show Bio

Darkseid.

Not this is definitly because I don't really know who X-man is but Darkseid is pretty strong and I'm not sure he could be the omega Beams

#4 Posted by TifaLockhart (21449 posts) - - Show Bio

It affected Secret, who's intangible.

#5 Posted by Thor's hammmer (7186 posts) - - Show Bio

what's nate's actual biggest feats?
#6 Edited by JediXMan (42910 posts) - - Show Bio
@Thor's hammmer said:

what's nate's actual biggest feats?

- Ripping Professor X (who was using Cerebro) from the Astral Plane and pulling him into the physical world. Nate was inexperienced at the time.
- Existing as pure energy., unfazed by attacks (such as Moonstone's energy assaults and Daken's claws, which passed through him)
- Slamming Abomination into a wall and holding him there. Making Abomination think he was beating X-Man when in reality it was an illusion.
- Putting a piece of his mind in every single living creature on Earth, and later recollecting himself.
#7 Posted by JediXMan (42910 posts) - - Show Bio
@The_Last_Son_of_Czarnia said:

Then it might affect X-Man, as well.
#8 Posted by Havenless (3285 posts) - - Show Bio

X-man's power can be comparable to Cable's, minus spending 90% of it on the TO virus. That being said, it's difficult to put him above the big gun of the DC universe. Darkseid wins, though I don't think his omega beams will be a one-and-done deal.

#9 Posted by MyronLee26 (1172 posts) - - Show Bio

But was she using her powers at the moment she was being affected by it?

#10 Posted by Saren (27942 posts) - - Show Bio

Pinnacle of their powers? Would that be Shaman Nate vs Great Darkness Saga Darkseid? I think 'Seid would win that, though Nate would give him a run for his money.

#11 Posted by JediXMan (42910 posts) - - Show Bio
@Havenless said:
X-man's power can be comparable to Cable's, minus spending 90% of it on the TO virus. That being said, it's difficult to put him above the big gun of the DC universe. Darkseid wins, though I don't think his omega beams will be a one-and-done deal.
Kind of. Cable could still burn out, I believe. X-Man can't burn out. Also, Cable never reached the level where he could live without a body - X-Man did. So Cable's power-levels are mostly theoretical. Based on feats, X-Man is stronger. 

The Omega Sanction is really the only thing Darkseid has against Nate, though.
#12 Edited by Havenless (3285 posts) - - Show Bio

"In addition to the considerable military forces at his command, Darkseid himself is quite formidable. His main power is the Omega Beam or Omega Effect, which is fired from his eyes. The Omega Effect is not only a powerful attack, but can teleport the target anywhere Darkseid chooses, erase the target from existence instantly and can then restore the target if he chooses. The Omega Effect is not limited to traveling in straight lines, able to bend or twist as needed. It can traverse time and different universes, and go through some barriers such as Orion's body. Darkseid also possesses strength, speed, and stamina rivalling that of Superman. He has overpowered the demon Etrigan, and Lobo hurt his hand by punching Darkseid's face. Darkseid has the ability to transmute matter. He turned Ol-Vir, a Daxamite, into dust, soap into dirt, and Slo-bo into a statue. He can teleport. He also has mind control greater than that of Sleez. According to Orion, he can travel through time as easily as any god. He can create life, as he did when he created Stayne. " You could then bring in the idea that Darkseid can move faster than Nate can think. I'm not sure his telepathy is limited to mind control either. If that isn't the case, then he should be able to do a decent job of shielding himself from the X-man.

#13 Posted by JediXMan (42910 posts) - - Show Bio
@Havenless said:
"In addition to the considerable military forces at his command, Darkseid himself is quite formidable. His main power is the Omega Beam or Omega Effect, which is fired from his eyes. The Omega Effect is not only a powerful attack, but can teleport the target anywhere Darkseid chooses, erase the target from existence instantly and can then restore the target if he chooses. The Omega Effect is not limited to traveling in straight lines, able to bend or twist as needed. It can traverse time and different universes, and go through some barriers such as Orion's body. Darkseid also possesses strength, speed, and stamina rivalling that of Superman. He has overpowered the demon Etrigan, and Lobo hurt his hand by punching Darkseid's face. Darkseid has the ability to transmute matter. He turned Ol-Vir, a Daxamite, into dust, soap into dirt, and Slo-bo into a statue. He can teleport. He also has mind control greater than that of Sleez. According to Orion, he can travel through time as easily as any god. He can create life, as he did when he created Stayne. " You could then bring in the idea that Darkseid can move faster than Nate can think. I'm not sure his telepathy is limited to mind control either. If that isn't the case, then he should be able to do a decent job of shielding himself from the X-man.
That doesn't really prove that the Omega Sanction will work on a being made of pure energy. Solid objects pass through him.
#14 Posted by TifaLockhart (21449 posts) - - Show Bio

@MyronLee26: This was after he told her she was evil, which made her mad and she took on a really imposing form, so I would be inclined to believe she was intangible. I'm not sure if Secret is ever tangible, but my Young Justice collection is lacking.

#15 Posted by King Saturn (223177 posts) - - Show Bio
I think Darkseid might win here.
#16 Posted by Havenless (3285 posts) - - Show Bio

I suppose technically, if you count Nate Grey's ability to travel to different dimensions as an available asset, he should be able to bring some Radion to the battlefield, essentially Darkseid's Kryptonite.

#17 Posted by TifaLockhart (21449 posts) - - Show Bio

Mayhaps, but that's not a very impressive way to win a fight. Batman took down Darkseid with Radion.

#18 Posted by Saren (27942 posts) - - Show Bio

Mayhaps, but that's not a very impressive way to win a fight. Batman took down Darkseid with Radion.

He took down a Darkseid who'd been beaten nearly to death by Orion, and was using Turpin's body as a host.

#19 Posted by MyronLee26 (1172 posts) - - Show Bio

I think Nate has a very good chance at beating Darkseid

Avatar image for venomoushatred1001
#20 Posted by venomoushatred1001 (12469 posts) - - Show Bio
@JediXMan said:
Shouldn't the Omega Sanction still affect Nate in his energy form? If not, Nate wins.
#21 Posted by demifiend (3761 posts) - - Show Bio

DS

#22 Posted by Killemall (19019 posts) - - Show Bio

@JediXMan said:

QFT :)

#23 Posted by JediXMan (42910 posts) - - Show Bio
@CitizenBane said:

He took down a Darkseid who'd been beaten nearly to death by Orion, and was using Turpin's body as a host.

Plus the Black Racer, I believe. 

It took a lot to put Darkseid down.
#24 Posted by MyronLee26 (1172 posts) - - Show Bio

@Havenless said:

X-Man's power level has been compared to Dark Phoenix. X-Man takes his now that i think about it.

#25 Posted by Dex_Starr (4797 posts) - - Show Bio

Darkseid wins, the OB can affect energy. I wouldn't even put Nate on Silver Surfer's level.

#26 Posted by MyronLee26 (1172 posts) - - Show Bio

@Hohenheim_of_light said:

Darkseid wins, the OB can affect energy. I wouldn't even put Nate on Silver Surfer's level.

Nate Grey could just use his telekinesis to curve the OBs around him.

#27 Posted by Dex_Starr (4797 posts) - - Show Bio

@MyronLee26 said:

The only problem with that is that Darkseid has control over his energy, Nate would have to wrestle control from him which he's incapable of doing.

#28 Posted by MyronLee26 (1172 posts) - - Show Bio

@MyronLee26 said:

The only problem with that is that Darkseid has control over his energy, Nate would have to wrestle control from him which he's incapable of doing.

Not to sound condescending or anything like that, but do you know how powerful Nate's Telepathy and Telekinesis are?

#29 Posted by Dex_Starr (4797 posts) - - Show Bio

@MyronLee26 said:

@MyronLee26 said:

Not to sound condescending or anything like that, but do you know how powerful Nate's Telepathy and Telekinesis are?

Yes, I do. Do you know how powerful Darkseid is? I'm guessing no since on another thread you thought that Dante would be a formidable opponent to him and Thanos.

#30 Posted by super_psycho (2843 posts) - - Show Bio

Darkseid

#31 Posted by Greendevil (2681 posts) - - Show Bio

probably this guy

No Caption Provided
Avatar image for venomoushatred1001
#32 Posted by venomoushatred1001 (12469 posts) - - Show Bio

@JediXMan said:

This.

Avatar image for termiteone4ever
#33 Posted by termiteone4ever (13126 posts) - - Show Bio

This is Stomp in favor of Darkseid

#34 Posted by Killemall (19019 posts) - - Show Bio

I think Shaman X-Man defeating normal Darkseid is sth we could imagine, although majority has to go to Darkseid, the OP however says the best version of each so there are various version of Darkseid that comes into mind:

· PC Darkseid

· The one that fought Source

· Final Crisis Darkseid with ALE

All three should stomp quite horribly, I would be surprised to see anyone argue to the contrary

#35 Posted by Killemall (19019 posts) - - Show Bio

@MyronLee26 said:

Yes, I do. Do you know how powerful Darkseid is? I'm guessing no since on another thread you thought that Dante would be a formidable opponent to him and Thanos.

What is exactly wrong in that, Thanos is of course a very formidable Opponent to the darkseid. Dante has toon force i dont know about him, he seems crazy powerful as well but i wouldnt make a case on his favour, but Thanos i am definitely willing to stand up for him :)

#36 Posted by Dex_Starr (4797 posts) - - Show Bio

@Killemall said:

@MyronLee26 said:

What is exactly wrong in that, Thanos is of course a very formidable Opponent to the darkseid. Dante has toon force i dont know about him, he seems crazy powerful as well but i wouldnt make a case on his favour, but Thanos i am definitely willing to stand up for him :)

Dante doesn't have toon force, the entire DMC series is dark and gothic, why would he have any toon force? I'm not arguing on who's more powerful between Darkseid and Thanos, I'm arguing that either of them would crush Dante like an ant.

#37 Posted by Killemall (19019 posts) - - Show Bio

@MyronLee26 said:

Oh i misread, i though you mean Thanos couldnt be formidable opponent to DArkseid.

Dante, well i have not read up on him, but as per the cartoon goes (which has amazing music btw) has some impressive feats liek killing a demon in hell and the demon was even shocked how Dante could just survive. So i guess ppl will argue but he doesnt have feats to back in up (at least not in cartoon havent read the comics). Alucard on the other hand could be differnet .

#38 Posted by Dex_Starr (4797 posts) - - Show Bio

@Killemall said:

@MyronLee26 said:

Oh i misread, i though you mean Thanos couldnt be formidable opponent to DArkseid.

Dante, well i have not read up on him, but as per the cartoon goes (which has amazing music btw) has some impressive feats liek killing a demon in hell and the demon was even shocked how Dante could just survive. So i guess ppl will argue but he doesnt have feats to back in up (at least not in cartoon havent read the comics). Alucard on the other hand could be differnet .

The Anime doesn't qualify as toonforce, Bugs Bunny is a prime example of a character that would have toon force, as far as Alucard goes he's more powerful than Dante is but not powerful enough to be able to challenge either of these 2. And that's coming from a huge Hellsing fan.

#39 Posted by Void_Paladin (896 posts) - - Show Bio

@MyronLee26 said:

But was she using her powers at the moment she was being affected by it?

Secret has to concentrate in order to not use her powers. She was some sort of ghost who was also one of the gateways between life and death. So the answer is most likely yes. Also, it affected her twice.

Once when she was in some strange form and he forced her out of a window. The second time, she was trained by Darkseid himself and had enough power to take down Red Tornado and YJ. After her friends convinced her to come back to the side of good, Darkseid Omega Beams not only affected her...they turned her human.

#40 Posted by Stronger (5051 posts) - - Show Bio

Omega Effect erases him from existance

#41 Posted by cortadew (412 posts) - - Show Bio

this is by no way means a stomp

#42 Posted by dondave (41760 posts) - - Show Bio

I think Shaman X-Man defeating normal Darkseid is sth we could imagine, although majority has to go to Darkseid, the OP however says the best version of each so there are various version of Darkseid that comes into mind:

· PC Darkseid

All three should stomp quite horribly, I would be surprised to see anyone argue to the contrary

This

#43 Posted by The_Imperator (2275 posts) - - Show Bio

@cortadew said:

@termiteone4ever said:

this is by no way means a stomp

Yes. Most powerful Darkseid has the Anti-Life, that alone kind of gives him an instant win.

#44 Edited by CalebHara (2421 posts) - - Show Bio

Darkseid.

#45 Edited by russellmania77 (17601 posts) - - Show Bio

omega beam

#46 Posted by lol (5441 posts) - - Show Bio

@dondave said:

@killemall said:

· PC Darkseid

This