• 67 results
#51 Edited by SirFizzWhizz (37749 posts) - - Show Bio

Nate at his best is Dark Phoenix in power. Celestial >>> Strange. Sorry, them are the facts.

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2

Avatar image for supermanwithatan01
#52 Posted by Supermanwithatan01 (10301 posts) - - Show Bio

@sirfizzwhizz: I was just in threads where Saren was dropping facts about Legion stomping the PF and Odin etc. Then arguing that Legion and Nate are roughly equal and Nate at his peak is easily Phoenix level. I don't see what Stephen is supposed to do without prep?

#56 Posted by Supermanwithatan01 (10301 posts) - - Show Bio

Shaman Nate wins

#57 Posted by Supermanwithatan01 (10301 posts) - - Show Bio
#59 Posted by mr-luxcipher (7593 posts) - - Show Bio

Probably X-Man.

Avatar image for blackstaroblivion
#60 Posted by BlackStarOblivion (2051 posts) - - Show Bio

Nate have any resistance or experience to/with magic users? All I can say is Nate better bring his "A game".

#61 Posted by WastelandMan (8812 posts) - - Show Bio

How would Nate take down Strange? What are Nate's feats against magic?

#63 Edited by _Logos_ (1911 posts) - - Show Bio

@blackstaroblivion said:

Nate have any resistance or experience to/with magic users? All I can say is Nate better bring his "A game".

Magic is limited to the wielder and his mind the more important question should be does Strange have enough TP and TK resistance to fend off against Nate? He never has shown that kind of power clearly, so this should lean towards Nate.

#64 Posted by Mr_Ingenuity (14706 posts) - - Show Bio

Stephen resistant to telepathy isn't enough to keep Nate from shutting him down. But Nate shouldn't be intangible to Stephen's magic.

If Stephen's shields hold up against TK & Nate's TK holds up against Stephen's magic, I would favor Nate. Although the real answer is whoever uses their most powerful technique first.

#65 Edited by BlackStarOblivion (2051 posts) - - Show Bio

@princeleif said:
blackstaroblivion said:

Magic is limited to the wielder and his mind the more important question should be does Strange have enough TP and TK resistance to fend off against Nate? He never has shown that kind of power clearly, so this should lean towards Nate.

Strange is not only a particularly powerful mage, but a powerful telepath as well.

He was able to affect Galactus with a mental illusion

No Caption Provided

He defeated Moondragon telepathically

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2Gallery image 3Gallery image 4Gallery image 5Gallery image 6Gallery image 7

He also resisted Adam Warlock with the infinity gauntlet when using the mind gem

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

I'm pretty sure Strange wins this fight

#66 Edited by _Logos_ (1911 posts) - - Show Bio

@princeleif said:
blackstaroblivion said:

Strange is not only a particularly powerful mage, but a powerful telepath as well.

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2Gallery image 3Gallery image 4Gallery image 5Gallery image 6Gallery image 7

He also resisted Adam Warlock with the infinity gauntlet when using the mind gem

I don't know if that's enough to beat Nate's psionic abilities, if you scroll to Jashro's post it was stated that the Phoenix is the most uncontrollable psionic energy that was recorded as well, not to mention that it was a Multiversal threat.

Nate at his best is Dark Phoenix in power. Celestial >>> Strange. Sorry, them are the facts.

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2

#67 Posted by Void-X (446 posts) - - Show Bio

Doctor Strange wins.

#68 Posted by Supermanwithatan01 (10301 posts) - - Show Bio

Nathan wins

#69 Edited by BlackStarOblivion (2051 posts) - - Show Bio

@princeleif said:
@blackstaroblivion said:

I don't know if that's enough to beat Nate's psionic abilities, if you scroll to Jashro's post it was stated that the Phoenix is the most uncontrollable psionic energy that was recorded as well, not to mention that it was a Multiversal threat.

Throwing around the term multiversal doesn't mean much to me. I would need to see some feats that clarify how "multiversal" translates into more powerful than what an infinity gauntlet user can do on this plane of existence. And Charles Xavier was able to be almost even with a dark phoenix Jean Gray without any amps whatsoever.

With the mind gem, Moondragon was able to drop Charles Xavier, something Jean Gray possessed by the dark Phoenix was unable to do.

Without the mind gem, Warlock was able to resist TP prodding by Moondragon....while he was unconscious.

I suppose what I'm saying is that Warlock without the mind gem is a more powerful telepath than Moondragon.

Yet, with the mind gem, Warlock was still not able to mentally dominate Doctor Strange.

I'm sure Strange has powerful enough TP resistance to deal with Nate, while Nate has absolutely no defense against a sorcerer of Strange's level of expertise.

#71 Edited by cosmic_reign (3598 posts) - - Show Bio

Only chance Strange has is to keep this battle on the physical plane where his magic can do some damage...

...but I highly doubt Strange can stop Nate from taking this battle to the astral plane.

X-Man wins this!!

Nate is the most powerful psionic being in any/all realities...

#74 Posted by AlanCoralo (28 posts) - - Show Bio

Nate Grey was created to destroy all universes. He one of the most psionic users of all of marvel. Any strange loses horribly even though i love both.. nate destroys stephen

#77 Posted by Supermanwithatan01 (10301 posts) - - Show Bio

Bump

#78 Posted by PyroFN (6427 posts) - - Show Bio

@blackstaroblivion: I years late for this, but bump for my answer to your reply.

1) “Throwing around the term multiversal doesn't mean much to me. I would need to see some feats that clarify how "multiversal" translates into more powerful than what an infinity gauntlet user can do on this plane of existence.”

He means Phoenix is multiversal in the sense that it has power and access to multiple universes, not to mention it owns a reality outside of time and space of every reality due to it being within the multiverses nexus. That kind of multiversal.

2) “And Charles Xavier was able to be almost even with a dark phoenix Jean Gray without any amps whatsoever.

With the mind gem, Moondragon was able to drop Charles Xavier, something Jean Gray possessed by the dark Phoenix was unable to do.”

Terrible example for these reasons:

•That was Phoenix masquerading as Jean. not Jean merged with the Phoenix Force. And no, Phoenix Force hostless is not more powerful than a hosted Phoenix. It is actually more vulnerable without a host.

•Charles didn’t beat Dark Phoenix. He matched her with skill and was about to lose due to Dark Phoenixes power, so he had to call to Jeans humanity to resist the Dark Phoenix. The number one weakness of the Phoenix is its host. Not a statement, but something seen time and again, especially by Jean Grey.

•Moondragon didn’t simply drop Xavier. Xavier sought to conversate amicably with the Goddess and Moondragon aggressively attacked him, catching him completely off-guard.

•Moondragons feats compose of either being amped by the mind gem, which isn’t that impressive since Xavier has done much more impressive displays with the mind gem, or feats that Emma Frost could contest with.

3) That said, don’t worry too much, Nate Grey being compared to Dark Phoenix is something overhyped and disproven by the fact that Moira never actually tested Dark Phoenix power levels. She tested a Green Phoenix Jean who already was tapping into power above Moira’s scanners. The thing about that is, while Green Phoenix was powerful, she couldn’t truly tap into the same cosmic powers she did with the M’Kraan Crystal due to psychic circuit breakers cutting off her power, like what happened when she fought Magneto the first time.

#79 Posted by green_skaar (12430 posts) - - Show Bio

Nate