Nate Grey vs Batman (Read OP)

s1ckb0y

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Summary: You must come up with a way for Batman with a year of prep to beat Nate Grey. Otherwise, Nate Grey loses all his powers to Batman and becomes Batmans eternal slave. So Nate Grey wins by losing.

Backstory: The Grandmaster decides to play a game. Batman gets a year of prep to take down Nate Grey. If Batman wins he is knocked out and Nate Grey is fully healed giving Nate the win. However, if Batman loses he is revived and all injuries healed. he also absorbs all of Nate Grey's powers and Nate Grey becomes his eternal slave. The grandmaster turns to you and asks you to come up with a way for Batman to beat Nate Grey with a year of prep. The Grandmaster will then warp reality for Batman to use that plan.

s1ckb0y

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So Batman wins by losing and loses by winning. You must come up with a way for Batman to bear Nate Grey with a year of prep. Otherwise, Batman will win.

Helicoprion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

I'm not batman so I don't know what batman would do

NotATreeABush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Shoot him

Frisky4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Contacts the Spectre.

SinnTek1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By SinnTek1

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/0/0f/Faber_Castell_Erasers.jpg

@frisky4 said:

Contacts the Spectre.

s1ckb0y

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump

algorhythm511

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm not batman so I don't know what batman would do

And this is why prep battles are pointless. Pay me a comic book writers salary and I will come up with a way for Batman to win.

But to answer the OP Batman could win if Nate Grey didn't feel like fighting. Batman could go the psychology route and manipulate him that way.

Master-Danny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman wins here, period.

new_NUJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@s1ckb0y said:

Summary: You must come up with a way for Batman with a year of prep to beat Nate Grey. Otherwise, Nate Grey loses all his powers to Batman and becomes Batmans eternal slave. So Nate Grey wins by losing.

Backstory: The Grandmaster decides to play a game. Batman gets a year of prep to take down Nate Grey. If Batman wins he is knocked out and Nate Grey is fully healed giving Nate the win. However, if Batman loses he is revived and all injuries healed. he also absorbs all of Nate Grey's powers and Nate Grey becomes his eternal slave. The grandmaster turns to you and asks you to come up with a way for Batman to beat Nate Grey with a year of prep. The Grandmaster will then warp reality for Batman to use that plan.

Let's see:

1. Batman spends some time studying Nate Grey and figuring how to defeat him. Sugar Man, Mr. Sinister did without getting Nate Grey's attention, so why not Batman?

2. Batman relies on spies to plant specially treated nanites onto Nate Grey's food that weakens Nate Grey and hinders his telepathy which prevents Nate Grey from tracking him down. Batman has done similar stuff against his enemies like Ra's Al Ghul. And he has shown to have anti-telepathy controls when facing a Martian Manhunter imposter.

3. He then intentionally tires out Nate Grey by sending opponent after opponent. He did so against Wonder Woman in Tower of Babel storyline.

4. The match finally begins, where he approaches and knocks out a tired Nate Grey.

Given 1 year of prep and also applying feats he has shown through Post-Crisis and New 52, Batman could actually take out Nate Grey.

MasterKungFu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 11

hmmm....

Hiddenlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@new_nuj said:

@s1ckb0y said:

Let's see:

1. Batman spends some time studying Nate Grey and figuring how to defeat him. Sugar Man, Mr. Sinister did without getting Nate Grey's attention, so why not Batman?

2. Batman relies on spies to plant specially treated nanites onto Nate Grey's food that weakens Nate Grey and hinders his telepathy which prevents Nate Grey from tracking him down. Batman has done similar stuff against his enemies like Ra's Al Ghul. And he has shown to have anti-telepathy controls when facing a Martian Manhunter imposter.

3. He then intentionally tires out Nate Grey by sending opponent after opponent. He did so against Wonder Woman in Tower of Babel storyline.

4. The match finally begins, where he approaches and knocks out a tired Nate Grey.

Given 1 year of prep and also applying feats he has shown through Post-Crisis and New 52, Batman could actually take out Nate Grey.

If this is Nate Grey at his prime, those things wouldn't help at all, like when he had Temporal Manipulation and Reality Warping.

Mandarinestro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Bump

jew_nunforge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By jew_nunforge

Batman would find a way to win this.

hatemalingsia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Still Batman. Always Batman.

Avatar image for crushyourenemies
CRUSHYOURENEMIES

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nate Grey is weak sauce.

Batman is forever.

mysticmedivh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By mysticmedivh

Batman has no way to put Nate down.

jew_nunforge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

yes he has. He can poison Nate Grey.

mysticmedivh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mysticmedivh said:

Yes, because Batman can poison psionic beings who possess no true physical form.

jew_nunforge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jew_nunforge said:
@mysticmedivh said:

Yes, because Batman can poison psionic beings who possess no true physical form.

No, Shaman Nate Grey is still a physical being with beyond high-end telekinetic abilities that almost put him into reality-warper status.

I might not be too familiar with Shaman Nate Grey though, since I've not read his most recent appearances, any feats or clear statements that claimed that he has no true physical form???

Alphapunk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ehhh, Batman has to do nothing, when he loses he wins, he could just shoot himself so he doesn't have to wait.

DonatelloRawks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If this is pre-Shaman Nate Grey, Batman with prep would win this.

Batman has access to Herald-level armors such as hell-bat and Justice Buster. He could think of a way to counter characters like Nate Grey who aren't even Herald level.

serrure

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 17

is this Wenjun Chew? c'mon be honest.

ill make this plain and easy. under no circumstances could Batman hurt Shaman Nate Grey. Nate could be in a sleep so deep he would never ever wake up. his body just lying there almost comatose and still batman could not do anything to hurt him.

i dont believe in his entire career has he ever found a way to take down someone without physical form. i mean pre Shaman Nate was killed once and his astral form brought him back to life.

Nate Grey beats Batman 50/10 times (and thats not even mathematically possible)

NeonGameWave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If Batman were to contact John Constantine then I think he could win.

serrure

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 17

#26  Edited By serrure

Batman has access to Herald-level armors such as hell-bat and Justice Buster. He could think of a way to counter characters like Nate Grey who aren't even Herald level.

ya know it would have taken less words to say "i know absolutely nothing about Nate Grey" i mean you practically said that but there was so much extra words in there.

btw Pre Shaman Nate Grey was reality warping and manipulating matter. (placing him well in the herald tier) his power levels were compared to Dark Phoenix (who is well above Herald Level) and he has the feats to back it up.

Next time just say "I dont know anything about Nate Grey" it'll look a lot better

DonatelloRawks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@serrure said:
@donatellorawks said:

ya know it would have taken less words to say "i know absolutely nothing about Nate Grey" i mean you practically said that but there was so much extra words in there.

btw Pre Shaman Nate Grey was reality warping and manipulating matter. (placing him well in the herald tier) his power levels were compared to Dark Phoenix (who is well above Herald Level) and he has the feats to back it up.

Next time just say "I dont know anything about Nate Grey" it'll look a lot better

I may not have read all the comics of Nate Grey but I do read his early issues. I was referencing him at his early days before he got the X-Brand or something that turned him into Shaman Nate Grey.

Before his encounter with the alternate Nate Grey, the kid struggles with spider-man level villains at times. There are moments where he got nearly defeated by experienced street level opponents.

DonatelloRawks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

bump. I still think Batman can win this.

Thepsychicgirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nate wins if you ask me. I love Batman but I'm not sure if he can beat everyone.