#1 Posted by AscendedTopicz (246 posts) - - Show Bio

Here's my next topic and it should be a good one. New 52 Superman vs Naruto. I searched for a thread and there was already another one, but it got locked.

http://www.comicvine.com/forums/battles-7/naruto-vs-superman-1607568/

But this is a different place from four months ago, and to my knowledge Naruto has gained a new set of feats. And he has beaten character after character here on comicvine (well imo he has after reading the Invicible, Wonder Woman, Storm, and Iron Man threads) Are these new set of feats enough to compete with the Man of Steel!?!

New 52 Superman:

No Caption Provided

Naruto:

No Caption Provided

Rules:

• No BFR
  • Fight Until Incap/KO
  • Morals On
  • Standard Equipment
  • Naruto is in his most powerful state (whatever that is)
  • Fight begins at (but is not limited to) the Grand Canyon

I decided to tag some participants from the last Naruto vs Superman thread

@hulkage@darkraiden@leo-343@nyas@oreoassassin@princearagorn1@nighthunder

And everyone else..

superman

@allstarsuperman@lvenger@dondave@rbt@dccomicsrule2011

@buttersdaman000@comicstooge@risingbean@frozen@comicace3

@pokeysteve@ancient_0f_days@god_spawn@matchesmalone21

@theamazingimmortalman@lowlaville@patrat18@tomlikesfries

@zeroplus@thitiki@demonknights@ssj_god@darkseid1006

naruto

@the_imperator@dratini1331@rogueshadow

@homicidalmaniac@funsiized

@soothing_sounds@sync1

@princearagorn1@ratava@nighthunder

@redbird3rdboywonder@sophia89@jonez120

@tohoma@theamazingimmortalman@thitiki

@justsomerandomkid@cjdavis103@ssj_god@nyas

@etheral_dreams@hulkage

Ready...Set... Battle!!!

#2 Posted by hatemalingsia (15494 posts) - - Show Bio
No Caption Provided

#3 Posted by pern (1313 posts) - - Show Bio

TSBs wreck.

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
#4 Posted by AllStarSuperman (43004 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah, no.....

#5 Posted by Hulkage (5322 posts) - - Show Bio

Dean Ambrose is a god...

But on topic Naruto wins......Superman fans come forth if you dare.

#6 Posted by micah007123 (10836 posts) - - Show Bio

Naruto

No Caption Provided

#7 Posted by fv5v7 (512 posts) - - Show Bio

superman win faster more durable but anyway ninja in smart and good fight skill high powered energy ball is no joke

is long fight

#8 Posted by Hulkage (5322 posts) - - Show Bio
#9 Posted by PrinceAragorn1 (31807 posts) - - Show Bio

No, even the feats from the last are not enough for him to win this one. The other four you mentioned, though, he can :)

#10 Edited by Speedster101 (2984 posts) - - Show Bio

Naruto can win here... If in character so he has a chance.

EDIT: Clark will take majority but Naruto can edge out a few battles.

#11 Posted by kyrees (13492 posts) - - Show Bio

@ascendedtopicz: he is still no match to him. the 4 months difference of the other thread to this only added the movie and n52 supes is still a monster.

#12 Posted by ariesxmasters (4886 posts) - - Show Bio
#13 Posted by AscendedTopicz (246 posts) - - Show Bio

@kyrees said:

@ascendedtopicz: he is still no match to him. the 4 months difference of the other thread to this only added the movie and n52 supes is still a monster.

Some people seem to disagree ^^^

#14 Posted by kyrees (13492 posts) - - Show Bio

@kyrees said:

the locked thread also had people who disagreed.

#15 Posted by fv5v7 (512 posts) - - Show Bio

only naruto would lose but if sasuke come help him two ninja will ko man of steel

#16 Posted by Hulkage (5322 posts) - - Show Bio

@kyrees said:

@ascendedtopicz said:

@kyrees said:

the locked thread also had people who disagreed.

I was one of the ones who thought Superman would beat Naruto in the last thread. Naruto can win a slight majority now IMO but ONLY if the fight is in character, which it is.

#17 Posted by Jimmy_Rustler (3125 posts) - - Show Bio
No Caption Provided

#18 Posted by micah007123 (10836 posts) - - Show Bio
#19 Posted by those_eyes (17291 posts) - - Show Bio
#20 Posted by jashro44 (51971 posts) - - Show Bio

Still supes.

#21 Posted by WastelandMan (8779 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman probably.

#22 Posted by Hulkage (5322 posts) - - Show Bio
@jashro44 said:

Still supes.

I think Naruto has a good chance against him in an in-character battle.

#23 Posted by Uchiha545 (4116 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashro44 said:

Still supes.

This Superman has a lot of durability feats and should have the strength to beat Naruto

#24 Edited by donttellmymom (418 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman

#25 Posted by Hulkage (5322 posts) - - Show Bio

@uchiha454: Yes but he is an idiot an doesnt have great showings against people with actual skill.

#26 Posted by DarkRaiden (15466 posts) - - Show Bio

Supes stomps hard

Avatar image for thatguywithheadphones
#27 Posted by thatguywithheadphones (19859 posts) - - Show Bio
No Caption Provided

#28 Posted by pern (1313 posts) - - Show Bio

Unfortunately Naruto isnt like Goku. He cant beat Superman.

#29 Posted by MysticMedivh (32250 posts) - - Show Bio

Naruto dies.

#30 Posted by Hulkage (5322 posts) - - Show Bio
#31 Posted by Uchiha545 (4116 posts) - - Show Bio

@hulkage said:

@uchiha454: Yes but he is an idiot an doesnt have great showings against people with actual skill.

Naruto isn't the battle genius either he is often viewed as a strong opponent because of he new durability levels in addition to destructive capacity Superman I am pretty sure can tank the vast majority of his attacks and overcome his durability although since its in character I see Naruto getting hits in but not winning.

#32 Posted by Hulkage (5322 posts) - - Show Bio

@hulkage said:

Naruto isn't the battle genius either he is often viewed as a strong opponent because of he new durability levels in addition to destructive capacity Superman I am pretty sure can tank the vast majority of his attacks and overcome his durability although since its in character I see Naruto getting hits in but not winning.

He actually is a battle genius and has been one since his first fight. Check out the fights with

• Zabuza (how he freed Kakashi)
  • Kiba (how he tricked him)
  • Gaara (Naruto's ninja handbook)
  • Kabuto
  • Deva Path
  • Obito and the Jinchuuriki's
  • Kaguya

There are many more examples but here he is portrayed as a combat genius. He can think more than 10 moves ahead and does at all time and can choreograph his movements accordingly. His H2H is also leagues above Superman's and his combat speed is above Clark's as well. When Clark has fought people with skill and comparable physicals (Faora and Zod) he gets roughed up. Zod and Faora weren't as strong as Clark seeing as WW was handling them a few panels later. That's because WW's skill is much higher than Clark and often times you see that superior skill can close the Physical gap quite well.

#33 Posted by Uchiha545 (4116 posts) - - Show Bio

@hulkage said:

@uchiha454 said:

@hulkage said:

He actually is a battle genius and has been one since his first fight. Check out the fights with

These weren't that impressive if I remember correctly

• Zabuza (how he freed Kakashi) - Points for transformation jutsu and kunai throw but its not enough to say he is
  • Kiba (how he tricked him) - He farted unintentionally no points
  • Gaara (Naruto's ninja handbook) - He physically beat Gaara with clones and then used talk no jutsu nothing major
  • Kabuto - Again physical prowess with a rasengan he cut himself in the process
  • Deva Path - Didn't Jiraya help their "The real one is not with them"
  • Obito and the Jinchuuriki's - I would attribute to power he over powered their BBs not to mention Kakashi and Guy were their
  • Kaguya - I would say physical prowess again he tricked her with the reverse harem jutsu but other than that I just saw it as Naruto's physical prowess which is unrivaled in the series

There are many more examples but here he is portrayed as a combat genius. He can think more than 10 moves ahead and does at all time and can choreograph his movements accordingly.

I think Naruto relied more on power than strategy I can't recall anything that would put him at end of part 1 shikamaru's level or sasuke's in terms of combat genius.

His H2H is also leagues above Superman's and his combat speed is above Clark's as well. When Clark has fought people with skill and comparable physicals (Faora and Zod) he gets roughed up. Zod and Faora weren't as strong as Clark seeing as WW was handling them a few panels later. That's because WW's skill is much higher than Clark and often times you see that superior skill can close the Physical gap quite well.

Clark is also seen taking hits from Darkseid and H'el. Also in regards to WW people don't say that at all which does disappoint me but Clark is still said to be ahead of her see http://www.comicvine.com/forums/battles-7/new-52-superman-vs-wonder-woman-681576.

#34 Posted by Wdc (916 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman has no feats higher then moon level.

#35 Posted by jashro44 (51971 posts) - - Show Bio

@hulkage said:
@jashro44 said:

Still supes.

I don't. Superman can operate at speeds faster than the most advanced super computer in DC. Even something as low tech as an Ipad can process information in the nanosecond range IIRC. Supes is strong enough to bench press the earth for 5 days and only breaks a sweat because he was weakened due to not being exposed to solar radiation during those 5 days, with the help of martian manhunter he stopped brainiacs mothership which completely dwarfed the size of the planet and was moving 36,000 MPH IIRC, and in striking the power output he was hitting H'el with surpassed his earth benching feat according to the women who originally measured his strength, and punched Luther from the earth to the moon IIRC. In travel speed superman moved like 200X the speed of light. In terms of durability he took hits from H'el IIRC who is stronger than superman himself, and heck even stopping brainiacs mothership would double as a durability feat. I mean martian manhunter and supes stood in front of something larger than a planet that was moving at fast speeds and they were able to stop it without going splat.

Superman is faster, stronger, and more durable. Superman holding back can only take Naruto so far. Naruto is impressive and he might not get stomped since superman is in character but he is very outclassed here.

Pretty sure Clark was holding back against them from what I have been told. Besides Zod speed blitzed and stomped martian manhunter who is above Naruto by a huge amount. Martian manhunters feat against brainiacs mothership is enough to prove that.

#36 Edited by thelocust619 (7854 posts) - - Show Bio

Oooh! Oh oh oh! It happened?!

*pulls up chair*

#37 Posted by Hulkage (5322 posts) - - Show Bio

@uchiha454:

Then allow me to refresh your memory

Zabuza (how he freed Kakashi) - Points for transformation jutsu and kunai throw but its not enough to say he is

I'm only referring to his ability to think 10 moves ahead and coreagraph his movements accordingly. This was his first flash of brilliance when he found a way to free Kakashi from Zabuza's water prison. He used his clones and transformation with precision in a very effective way, tricking Zabuza in the process. He was 12 at the time a believe.

Kiba (how he tricked him) - He farted unintentionally no points

I was referring to how he used transformation jutsu to make Kiba abandon his superior sense of smell when he became overwhelmed with emotion.

Gaara (Naruto's ninja handbook) - He physically beat Gaara with clones and then used talk no jutsu nothing major

I'm talking about how he used a complex sequence in order to effectively land a critical blow...I'll remind you.

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2Gallery image 3Gallery image 4Gallery image 5Gallery image 6

He is always thinking several moves ahead.

Kabuto - Again physical prowess with a rasengan he cut himself in the process

I'm just talking about his mental capabilities.

Deva Path - Didn't Jiraya help their "The real one is not with them"

Now what I was referring to. I'm referring to his combat feats, go back and look at the scans from the five seconds to tag the last pain scene right before he won. Or how he transformed one of his clones into a rasenshuriken.

Obito and the Jinchuuriki's - I would attribute to power he over powered their BBs not to mention Kakashi and Guy were their

I don't care about the battle results, this was just to prove his combat genius. Think back to when he was trying to grab the chakra rods.

Kaguya - I would say physical prowess again he tricked her with the reverse harem jutsu but other than that I just saw it as Naruto's physical prowess which is unrivaled in the series

That is not the case. I'm talking about when Sasuke and Naruto were separated and the things he did to confuse Kaguya.

There are many more examples but here he is portrayed as a combat genius. He can think more than 10 moves ahead and does at all time and can choreograph his movements accordingly.

I think Naruto relied more on power than strategy I can't recall anything that would put him at end of part 1 shikamaru's level or sasuke's in terms of combat genius.

That's incorrect. In almost all of his fights up until the Ninja War he was outclassed in power. He won almost all of his battles by skill and strategy.

@jashro44 said:

@hulkage said:
@jashro44 said:

Still supes.

I don't. Superman can operate at speeds faster than the most advanced super computer in DC. Even something as low tech as an Ipad can process information in the nanosecond range IIRC. Supes is strong enough to bench press the earth for 5 days and only breaks a sweat because he was weakened due to not being exposed to solar radiation during those 5 days, with the help of martian manhunter he stopped brainiacs mothership which completely dwarfed the size of the planet and was moving 36,000 MPH IIRC, and in striking the power output he was hitting H'el with surpassed his earth benching feat according to the women who originally measured his strength, and punched Luther from the earth to the moon IIRC. In travel speed superman moved like 200X the speed of light. In terms of durability he took hits from H'el IIRC who is stronger than superman himself, and heck even stopping brainiacs mothership would double as a durability feat. I mean martian manhunter and supes stood in front of something larger than a planet that was moving at fast speeds and they were able to stop it without going splat.

Superman is faster, stronger, and more durable. Superman holding back can only take Naruto so far. Naruto is impressive and he might not get stomped since superman is in character but he is very outclassed here.

Pretty sure Clark was holding back against them from what I have been told. Besides Zod speed blitzed and stomped martian manhunter who is above Naruto by a huge amount. Martian manhunters feat against brainiacs mothership is enough to prove that.

Superman won't travel FTL in Earth's atmosphere. Naruto can keep up due to precog, especially in an in character battle. His lifting feats are way better to than his striking feats. So how much he lifts doesn't matter in this fight.

As for the Braniac's ship feat, his planet benching feat was much more impressive. There is no proof that Braniac's ship weighed even half as much as Earth does despite the size. A golf ball is heavier than a beach ball because density plays a huge factor and Earth is the most dense planet in the solar system. It doesn't equal a durability feat either because they were in space. All Superman and John had to do was match the speed of the ship initially and then apply enough opposite force to move it. Its a great feat but benching the Earth five days nonstop is a better feat IMO.

Superman physically outmatches Naruto easily. But not so much to equate to a stomp. His versatility keeps him in this fight.

And the majority of Superman's greatest feats don't happen during battle. As we have seen in several different fights, his great feats seem to not transfer in combat because he does not fight smart. As his story moves on I'm sure that will change but as of right now he is an idiot.

#38 Posted by Spyrite (263 posts) - - Show Bio

Naruto fought Toneri..he cut the moon in half with a sword.

Supes got punched and started to bleed by Batman.

Naruto is faster than Batman.

Sage Mode Naruto took on many Pains.Can New 52 Supes beat all the pains? I'm not sure myself but the superman fans can tell me.

Naruto is skilled and can take this Superman down easily.

"morals on"

Superman doesn't kill kids or support animal abuse so this is also why Naruto wins.

#39 Posted by MysticMedivh (32250 posts) - - Show Bio

@spyrite said:

Naruto fought Toneri..he cut the moon in half with a sword.

Naruto is faster than Batman.

Sage Mode Naruto took on many Pains.Can New 52 Supes beat all the pains? I'm not sure myself but the superman fans can tell me.

Naruto is skilled and can take this Superman down easily.

"morals on"

Superman doesn't kill kids or support animal abuse so this is also why Naruto wins.

I believe Batman was amped in that instance.

#40 Posted by PrinceAragorn1 (31807 posts) - - Show Bio

@uchiha454:

Scans are probably out of order, opening them in new tab could help..

He's actually talking about this:

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2Gallery image 3Gallery image 4Gallery image 5Gallery image 6Gallery image 7

Yes, but naruto was pretty impressive on field tactics:

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2Gallery image 3

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2Gallery image 3Gallery image 4Gallery image 5

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2Gallery image 3Gallery image 4Gallery image 5

@hulkage said:

His H2H is also leagues above Superman's and his combat speed is above Clark's as well. When Clark has fought people with skill and comparable physicals (Faora and Zod) he gets roughed up. Zod and Faora weren't as strong as Clark seeing as WW was handling them a few panels later. That's because WW's skill is much higher than Clark and often times you see that superior skill can close the Physical gap quite well.

Naruto has better much skills and versatility than clark, but that isn't enough to fill the gap here. On an average showing, naruto can actually win, but that's because not because of character, that's because superman is nerfed for plot reasons - going by the feats he has showed, he can end it pretty easily.

#41 Posted by Frisky4 (9216 posts) - - Show Bio
#42 Edited by PrinceAragorn1 (31807 posts) - - Show Bio

@spyrite said:

Surviving a punch from batman >> anything naruto could ever do.

#43 Posted by sophia89 (19802 posts) - - Show Bio
#44 Posted by Hulkage (5322 posts) - - Show Bio

@princearagorn1: Im not saying superman's feats don't trump naruto's but how many showings of a "nerfed" Supes will it take until it becomes his average and those great feats become outliers? Superman has been a little underwhelming in the New52, at least in terms if combat.

#45 Posted by Uchiha545 (4116 posts) - - Show Bio

@hulkage said:

@uchiha454:

Then allow me to refresh your memory

Zabuza (how he freed Kakashi) - Points for transformation jutsu and kunai throw but its not enough to say he is

I'm only referring to his ability to think 10 moves ahead and coreagraph his movements accordingly. This was his first flash of brilliance when he found a way to free Kakashi from Zabuza's water prison. He used his clones and transformation with precision in a very effective way, tricking Zabuza in the process. He was 12 at the time a believe.

I was referring to how he used transformation jutsu to make Kiba abandon his superior sense of smell when he became overwhelmed with emotion.

Gaara (Naruto's ninja handbook) - He physically beat Gaara with clones and then used talk no jutsu nothing major

I'm talking about how he used a complex sequence in order to effectively land a critical blow...I'll remind you.

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2Gallery image 3Gallery image 4Gallery image 5Gallery image 6

He is always thinking several moves ahead.

Kabuto - Again physical prowess with a rasengan he cut himself in the process

I'm just talking about his mental capabilities.

Now what I was referring to. I'm referring to his combat feats, go back and look at the scans from the five seconds to tag the last pain scene right before he won. Or how he transformed one of his clones into a rasenshuriken.

Obito and the Jinchuuriki's - I would attribute to power he over powered their BBs not to mention Kakashi and Guy were their

I don't care about the battle results, this was just to prove his combat genius. Think back to when he was trying to grab the chakra rods.

Kaguya - I would say physical prowess again he tricked her with the reverse harem jutsu but other than that I just saw it as Naruto's physical prowess which is unrivaled in the series

That is not the case. I'm talking about when Sasuke and Naruto were separated and the things he did to confuse Kaguya.

That's incorrect. In almost all of his fights up until the Ninja War he was outclassed in power. He won almost all of his battles by skill and strategy.

I think Naruto can think ahead but I just don't see him as a strategist many of his strategies did not work out too well save for the Kiba and Kaguya one. I think I might be using a higher criteria for the term battle genius so I'll explain I see a battle genius in the Narutoverse as a person who can out think an opponent and completely subdue them for example

Shikamaru - Close to mid range fighter outsmarted Temari and made her get tagged by his shadow

Sasuke - Fooled Deidara into thinking he was dead ultimately getting a hit on a flying Deidara and then used a summon to save himself from a fatal explosion

Shikamaru - tricked an immortal into getting permanently subdued

Sasuke - Analyzed Danzo found out that he always checks his sharingan's then altered Danzo's perception of time to make him stay in close range

#46 Posted by jashro44 (51971 posts) - - Show Bio

@hulkage said:

Superman won't travel FTL in Earth's atmosphere. Naruto can keep up due to precog, especially in an in character battle. His lifting feats are way better to than his striking feats. So how much he lifts doesn't matter in this fight.

As for the Braniac's ship feat, his planet benching feat was much more impressive. There is no proof that Braniac's ship weighed even half as much as Earth does despite the size. A golf ball is heavier than a beach ball because density plays a huge factor and Earth is the most dense planet in the solar system.

He doesn't need to fly faster than light. The point is superman is a lot faster than naruto. The brainiac ship was going to crash into the earth, and the whole reason martian manhunter and superman stopped was to save the planet. Plus we know the ship is made of metal so your comparison between a golf ball and beechball doesn't work and its still vastly beyond anything in naruto.

@hulkage said:

doesn't equal a durability feat either because they were in space. All Superman and John had to do was match the speed of the ship initially and then apply enough opposite force to move it. Its a great feat but benching the Earth five days nonstop is a better feat IMO.

Superman physically outmatches Naruto easily. But not so much to equate to a stomp. His versatility keeps him in this fight.

And the majority of Superman's greatest feats don't happen during battle. As we have seen in several different fights, his great feats seem to not transfer in combat because he does not fight smart. As his story moves on I'm sure that will change but as of right now he is an idiot.

Actually martian manhunter and superman were at the straosphere when they stopped it. They were even burning up as the mothership was moving. The reason supermans best feats don't translate to battle is because he holds back. Again I don't think Naruto and superman are close here. Supermans feats are just above Narutos. He might have to cut loose a little bit but in the end superman should win.

#47 Posted by PrinceAragorn1 (31807 posts) - - Show Bio

@hulkage:

Im not saying superman's feats don't trump naruto's but how many showings of a "nerfed" Supes will it take until it becomes his average and those great feats become outliers? Superman has been a little underwhelming in the New52, at least in terms if combat.

He's getting low showings, but he's also getting high showings. I don't see how he has been underwhelming at all.. His feats outclass naruto's pretty badly.

#48 Posted by Loki_D (1544 posts) - - Show Bio

Frog Kata (蛙組手, Kawazu Kumite)

Heading: TBA

Classification: Senjutsu/Taijutsu

Class: Offensive

Range: Short-Range

User(s): Fukasaku, Jiraiya, Uzumaki Naruto

When someone learns Senjutsu they gain command of a terrifying Taijutsu. Basically in Sage Mode by collecting natural energy they gain danger sensing powers (what Naruto uses to evade the Third Raikage's attack, Kabuto to sense Amaterasu, etc..). They can sense the enemies movement, match enemies rhythm/speed, to release a severe counter.

No Caption Provided

What they touch disappears!!

Naruto's hax

#49 Posted by Hulkage (5322 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashro44:

He doesn't need to fly faster than light. The point is superman is a lot faster than naruto. The brainiac ship was going to crash into the earth, and the whole reason martian manhunter and superman stopped was to save the planet. Plus we know the ship is made of metal so your comparison between a golf ball and beechball doesn't work and its still vastly beyond anything in naruto.

Really? Because his close combat speed isn't as impressive as Naruto's. And I was just using the beach ball thing as an example but my point still stands, there was no proof that the ship was as heavy as the Earth at all, and it took two people to move it.

Actually martian manhunter and superman were at the straosphere when they stopped it. They were even burning up as the mothership was moving. The reason supermans best feats don't translate to battle is because he holds back. Again I don't think Naruto and superman are close here. Supermans feats are just above Narutos. He might have to cut loose a little bit but in the end superman should win.

Since this is in character and he holds back in character then what is the difference? You claim he held back against Zod and Faora, but he still ended up beaten. So if he holds back then thats his fault but when he holds back he is very beatable and Naruto could do it.

@uchiha454:

Shikamaru - Close to mid range fighter outsmarted Temari and made her get tagged by his shadow

Not that much more impressive than his fight with Kiba when Kiba almost had a fool proof way of detecting him

Sasuke - Fooled Deidara into thinking he was dead ultimately getting a hit on a flying Deidara and then used a summon to save himself from a fatal explosion

Naruto feigned defeat with Neji....what's your point. Using a summon isn't battle genius, its instinct and being backed into a corner.

Shikamaru - tricked an immortal into getting permanently subdued

Naruto did the same think to 4th Raikage

Sasuke - Analyzed Danzo found out that he always checks his sharingan's then altered Danzo's perception of time to make him stay in close range

Not much more impressive than the things Naruto has done.

#50 Posted by Etheral_Dreams (6116 posts) - - Show Bio

Why?