#1 Posted by greenroost (1381 posts) - - Show Bio

Let's settle this

saitama does not get gag power and naruto can only use hand to hand combat including saitama

If saitama is low tier like naruto if naruto is low tier (I couldn't think of any lower tier dominant universe than the naruto universe and decided to pick the main character coincedentally)

then please prove who is stronger and who would win in this match up (who wins and why?)

#2 Posted by Kal-Elol (453 posts) - - Show Bio

I'll bite. Saitama's whole character is a gag. He essentially has toon-force strength, speed, durability, ect., so saying no gag power is basically saying depowered. If you are saying depowered Saitama vs depowered Naruto, then Naruto should take it since he has way better H2H training.

#3 Posted by ManimalMan (876 posts) - - Show Bio

Saitama stomps due to having far better physical feats, not because of "gags".

The whole gag argument doesn't make any sense imo.

Very few feats in opm would qualify as gags, most are pretty consistent and quantifiable.

Both One Piece and Dragon Ball have far more toon physics and we take most feats from them seriously, why should opm be treated any differently?

Avatar image for echostarlord117
#4 Posted by echostarlord117 (5617 posts) - - Show Bio

Gag or not, he literally has better feats. This isn't up for debate.

#5 Posted by Undre (4320 posts) - - Show Bio
No Caption Provided

#6 Posted by saymon3000 (181 posts) - - Show Bio

The "gag power" thing is just people's opinion, he has actual feats in agreement with the functionality of his universe. To take away his powers if so you meant is to make him a regular human without any especial setting to fight a shinobi like Naruto, in this scenario Naruto would win naturally.

#7 Posted by zxc6 (743 posts) - - Show Bio

Naruto is skiller but far weaker,he isn't capable of harm Saitama and one strike from Saitama will heavily damage him

Saitama stomp

#8 Posted by MainJP (6553 posts) - - Show Bio

Saitama is not is not, I repeat, is not a gag character.

He stomps due to better, quantifiable feats.

Avatar image for xmangog__beastx
#10 Posted by xMangog__Beastx (4741 posts) - - Show Bio

Never take them gag characters serious. Naruto wins

#11 Posted by awshucks (507 posts) - - Show Bio

Never take them gag characters serious. Naruto wins

He isn't a gag character but he's far more powerful than Naruto. In pure hand to hand combat Naruto's skill can't compensate for the ridiculous gap in power once Saitama gets a little serious. If Naruto actually had all his abilities I could see him winning because he has abilities Saitama might not be able to defend against and Saitama won't be defeating him right away in the early part of the battle. Saitama will start with his casual attacks to test Naruto and Naruto can definitely handle those. That messing around could mean trouble for Saitama if he gets caught off guard.

I don't think Saitama should be used in battles because his actual level of power is a complete mystery, all we know is that he can overpower a star level energy blast with a serious punch. Even though he called it a serious punch he can definitely punch a lot harder so there's no determining his true level right now but he's absolutely NOT a gag character. He's just very strong, that's it, there's nothing gag about it. Actually he's shown that gags work on him like they do anyone else because he couldn't kill a mosquito and was scratched by a cat. Arale from Dragon Ball is an actual gag character and would probably one punch Saitama. I'm sorry that I got so off topic but I want to make it very clear that I'm not some brainless OPM fanboy.

#12 Posted by cromulor (2469 posts) - - Show Bio

Saitama takes it in this scenario.

And the whole “gag character! infinite power!” and all that nonsense is just bs from people who are trying to wank Saitama or don’t actually understand the series (likely haven’t read all of the manga/webcomic). All of that stuff about limiters is in relation to the potential to grow stronger, not the current amount of strength one can use. The limiter, according to Dr. Genus, is that force of nature that eventually stops you from continuing to grow and evolve physically. Saitama breaking that limiter only means there’s no longer a limit to his potential, but he’s actually only done about a year and a half’s worth of training with no limiter. So yeah, you too can be like Saitama if you break your limiter and do a year and a half of extra training.

#13 Posted by Yray (634 posts) - - Show Bio

Naruto always gets wanked in physicals in this site ..now naruto fans know siatama stomps they go for the gag excuse,I thought Naruto overpowered a moon splitting beam in base then in his so6p form he should stomp,that was the wank I was expecting to see, using the gag excuse doesn't even make sense

OT: saitama godstomps gag or not , naruto would be hard pressed in physical strength by characters around mountain lvl

#14 Edited by greenroost (1381 posts) - - Show Bio

Well the comments who was in favor of saitama denied that he was a gag character whereas gag power was clearly stated to be of (all saitama's feats - the quatifiable ones, all used gag power) saitama hadn't been in the opm universe or really any other in-universe -in-match-up with gag power off so do those 'better feats' even count? Most likely not (In the op I should've placed saitama at building level witn gag power off (since the weakest characters in OPM that still considered fighters were in class C and they could did not put a dent in any of the monsters), but they must of all past the training exam so increase that to low city level at best

Goku was not in this match so he loses

Even early naruto was low city level but since this was suppose to be six paths naruto or hokage naruto He must stomp since that's a lot stronger than both building level and city level saitama. Believe me this is not a spite thread that naruto curbstomps. Without the others comments even we disagreed I would not have come up with this summary. The details or evidence just prove it, and this is it.

This goes to naruto (he would not lose to a building level character no mater what)

#15 Posted by ourmanuel (12318 posts) - - Show Bio

Saitama should win

But @streak619 would like to have a word with anyone who thinks naruto would be pressured by mountain level physicals lol. That’s some bad downplay.

#16 Posted by Streak619 (8059 posts) - - Show Bio

Lol @ Saitama being only mountain level, that's funny.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c9e122a6bc32
#17 Posted by deactivated-5c9e122a6bc32 (2290 posts) - - Show Bio

Saitama solo's the HST when it comes to physicals.

#18 Posted by deactivated-5c9e122a6bc32 (2290 posts) - - Show Bio

And no Mountain level wouldn't pressure Naruto.

Kaguya is above Island level based on her smashing PS and Naruto matched at least 5 punches.

#19 Posted by Helloman (30115 posts) - - Show Bio

Stalemate.

#20 Posted by crackshotboi (442 posts) - - Show Bio

Saitama solo's the HST when it comes to physicals.

Kaguya is above Island level based on her smashing PS and Naruto matched at least 5 punches.

#21 Posted by Antonio_1996 (1359 posts) - - Show Bio

Saitama honestly stomps in H2H.

#22 Posted by Yamiyodare (1727 posts) - - Show Bio

Naruto dies.

#23 Posted by ourmanuel (12318 posts) - - Show Bio

@tetsukage said:

Haven’t you guys considered how that makes no sense, given everything else we’ve seen?

lol

#24 Edited by deactivated-5c9e122a6bc32 (2290 posts) - - Show Bio

@ourmanuel: it makes plenty of sense.

Just like how Kenny has the best striking feat in all of Bleach so everyone scales everyone else to him.

#25 Posted by AlexTheBoss (18680 posts) - - Show Bio

Saitama can win with one punch if he wants to.

#26 Posted by ourmanuel (12318 posts) - - Show Bio

@ourmanuel: it makes plenty of sense.

It doesn’t. We’ve seen sasuke’s susanoo tank things like bijuudamas, and even a collision with a punch from the kyuubi avatar.

Its simply an inconsistency. Not to mention, I can’t think of many blunt force durability feats for his Susanoo.

#27 Edited by deactivated-5c9e122a6bc32 (2290 posts) - - Show Bio

@ourmanuel: Sasuke PS can tank punches from Naruto's Avatar, which when Naruto uses his large Avatar like hands he matches Kaguya briefly.

And sense PS can effortlessly smash through Island level meteors that makes them all physically on that level.

A hand to hand fight doesn't mean Naruto can't amp himself with chakra, he loses this granted but, mountain level is well below him.

EDIT: Bee can stop a jubi bomb dead in it's tracks and those smash trough multiple mountains with sheer power alone. Kurama is above him and Naruto has ragdolled him.

The notion that Naruto verse lacks physicals is silly and completely untrue.

#28 Posted by Chad_Duby (5681 posts) - - Show Bio

Saitama is unbeatable.

Avatar image for saiyan_prince510
#29 Posted by Saiyan_Prince510 (283 posts) - - Show Bio

Saitama Stomps Negative Diff

#30 Posted by greenroost (1381 posts) - - Show Bio

@kal-elol said:

I'll bite. Saitama's whole character is a gag. He essentially has toon-force strength, speed, durability, ect., so saying no gag power is basically saying depowered. If you are saying depowered Saitama vs depowered Naruto, then Naruto should take it since he has way better H2H training.

(yes that is basically the match up I was trying to imply) don't know how this came before my clarification comment but this most likely is the most viable answer

#31 Posted by TheOriginalOne (4170 posts) - - Show Bio

Saitama's physicals are definitely above mountain level, around large island level by consistent feats, so he definitely wins here.

#32 Edited by MindingMuffin (350 posts) - - Show Bio

@theoriginalone: Saitama doesn't have consistent island level feats at all, he has none. Where did you get island level from? He's country+ based on heavily damaging Boros' ship which endured his moon jump which caused country sized shockwaves on the moon. For normal punches anyway.

No Caption Provided

#33 Edited by TheOriginalOne (4170 posts) - - Show Bio

@mindingmuffin: Do you know what consistent means? I got island level by averaging all his feats, except for the high end like Boros, which haven't been replicated till now.

In the manga, most of the major damage caused to the ship was caused by either Tatsumaki or Boros himself. Saitama caused the main damage with his final serious series punch at the end.....

The moon thing is leg strength and not punching power. And country sized shockwaves doesn't mean country level punching power......

#34 Posted by MoneyyJunee (907 posts) - - Show Bio

Naruto is out of his league tbh

#35 Edited by jashro44 (53911 posts) - - Show Bio

I feel like Saitaima is stronger physically. I have a hard time gauging speed in anime. I am not sure if Saitaima has the speed to keep up but if he does I think he wins. I haven't kept up with Boruto.