#1 Posted by Zane240 (463 posts) - - Show Bio

Not asking who is the most powerful cos that's obvious

I'm asking if all stats were equalized and everyone had to depend on their own individual fighting skill only, no powers

Who would win in a 4 way battle?

And how would you rank all 4 in terms of pure combat ability?

#2 Posted by ManimalMan (686 posts) - - Show Bio

Gotta clarify no powers a little, like does luffy still get his devil fruit? Can the still sense energy? Do they get weapons?

#3 Posted by Tetsukage (1969 posts) - - Show Bio

is this a duplicate thread?

Naruto has the best training and he uses hand to hand more effectively than anyone here aside from Luffy, but Luffy isn't technical he's a brawler.

#4 Edited by FaradaySloth (8489 posts) - - Show Bio

Meliodas stomps. 3000+ Years of experience against teenagers who aren't close to being the best at skill in their own verses.

#5 Posted by Zane240 (463 posts) - - Show Bio

@manimalman:

I mean they are fighting to the best of their ability but without using any exotic attacks

No rasengan/getsuga tenshou/darkness blast/or any super luffy attacks

Skill factor is what we are looking for here

#6 Edited by NotCensored (564 posts) - - Show Bio

Naruto he's mastered a mythical martial art (in like 2 weeks), knows Wing Chun and has advanced weapons training from Jiraiya, you think he'd use batons against Madara if he didn't know what to do with them? Along with his basic ninja train Kunai's, Shuriken and Big Boi Shurkiens.

#7 Edited by katanalauncher (3589 posts) - - Show Bio

Luffy's whole moveset revolve around his power, so it's really not fair to take that away from him.

So it's : Naruto >> Meliodas >> Ichigo >> Luffy

With powers however Luffy is the most inventive at using his powerset so he moves up behind Naruto.

#8 Posted by Lord_Doom159 (322 posts) - - Show Bio

Naruto

#9 Posted by Tetsukage (1969 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah Naruto by far is the best hand 2 hand fighter here. Naruto verse in general is more martial arts based, I mean there's a character so good at it he became a flaming giant red dragon thing that bent space.

#10 Posted by ourmanuel (10511 posts) - - Show Bio

In terms of H2H Meliodas wins.

Naruto should come second

#11 Posted by UltimateSage (2010 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah, Naruto >> Meliodas >> Ichigo >> Luffy

The narutoverse is more martial arts based than the others.

Naruto uses wing Chun:Wing Chun

#12 Edited by Cergic (1097 posts) - - Show Bio

Meliodas is the most proficient. I dont care what the diehard naruto fans are screeching - age is a factor. There is a very acknowledged fact that skills takes time to develop to perfection. Thousands of years of mediocre skill development still beats the crap out of flawless/genious development for around 2 decades.

#13 Posted by Tetsukage (1969 posts) - - Show Bio

@cergic: Feats are a bigger factor and Naruto uses skill based hand to hand more than Mel.

It has nothing to do with being a "die hard fan" but, it sounds like you have a bone to pick with Naruto so maybe you're a little bias.

#14 Posted by ManimalMan (686 posts) - - Show Bio

@zane240: are they allowed weapons? Like kunai for naruto and swords for mel and ichigo.

In overall skill id probably say Mel>=naruto >ichigo=luffy

#15 Posted by Cergic (1097 posts) - - Show Bio

@cergic: Feats are a bigger factor and Naruto uses skill based hand to hand more than Mel.

It has nothing to do with being a "die hard fan" but, it sounds like you have a bone to pick with Naruto so maybe you're a little bias.

Not really, given the thread.

"I'm asking if all stats were equalized and everyone had to depend on their own individual fighting skill only, no powers. Who would win in a 4 way battle? And how would you rank all 4 in terms of pure combat ability?"

Feats does not play a bigger part than an age diff on about 3000 years given who i would rank them in pure combat ability. In MY opinion.

Also, read enough naruto-related threads in these forums and you will notice that is has a LOT to do with being a "die hard fan" to dismiss stuff like a 3k year age diff because "muh feats". Lastly i don't have a bone to pick (who even got a bone to pick with any franchise?), what you think it sounds like is on you. I know very well what my own stance is, i don't need you to guess about it.

#16 Edited by Tetsukage (1969 posts) - - Show Bio

@cergic: Feats prove things.

Naruto has more feats that prove he's Mel's superior. That's all that matters.

I stopped reading after you said Feats aren't important.

#17 Posted by Sy8000 (35076 posts) - - Show Bio

None of them are very skilled in the traditional sense, mostly they just have combat smarts. I guess Meliodas has the best melee feats but it wouldn't be hard to convince me otherwise.

#18 Posted by Cergic (1097 posts) - - Show Bio

@cergic: Feats prove things.

Naruto has more feats that prove he's Mel's superior. That's all that matters.

Feats prove certain things. Not everything.

Naruto having more feats in Hand to Hand than say LT does not prove that he could outskill LT, because we know LT could pretty much merrywish himself to be a be-all melee fighter. That's why common sense is such a nice thing to never leave out. I am really not interested in changing your opinion about one single thing for that matter, so i'm okay with you having your opinion. Do the same.

#19 Posted by Tetsukage (1969 posts) - - Show Bio

@cergic:

Comparing Mel to the Living Tribunal proves your point how?

#20 Posted by Hope_w (2835 posts) - - Show Bio

In terms of pure skill, Meliodas unquestionably. However Naruto would beat him in h2h.

#21 Edited by SevenDeadlyGOD (196 posts) - - Show Bio

@hope_w said:

In terms of pure skill, Meliodas unquestionably. However Naruto would beat him in h2h.

This, Mel would give Naruto a good fight in H2H though.

#22 Posted by ManimalMan (686 posts) - - Show Bio

Age isn't much of a factor,

luffy is more skilled than plenty of people double or triple his age,ichigo is more skilled than many of his opponents who are hundreds of years older than him. Ban at 40yo is more skilled many people who thousands of years older than.

#23 Posted by Zane240 (463 posts) - - Show Bio

@manimalman:

Yes they are allowed to use their base weapons. How else would Ichigo compete?

It's the skill of their preferred combat style that is looked at here not like everyone is bare handed

#24 Posted by Zane240 (463 posts) - - Show Bio

@hope_w:

Why do you say Mel is the most skilled but Naruto would beat him h2h?

Did you forget all stats are equalized?

#25 Posted by diydeath (2409 posts) - - Show Bio

Remember that Ichigo has some utterly insane damage soak and pain tolerance.

He's had arms blown off, his heart, lungs and a portion if his spine removed and was even fully conscious and somewhat moving after being cut in half (his spine was the only thing keeping him together).

I'd put him and Mel at the top. Naruto while proficient in H2H and kunai relies on his powers a looooot, same with Luffy.

#26 Edited by Tetsukage (1969 posts) - - Show Bio

@diydeath: Naruto relies on hand to hand more than Ichigo, Ichigo relies on his power superior physicals AP to win fights.

Naruto wasn't that way until the end.

I'd argue part 1 Naruto has more skill showings than Ichigo.

#27 Posted by HitTheAssasin (7877 posts) - - Show Bio

Probably Meliodas, going off of a combination of logic and accolades.

#28 Posted by Hope_w (2835 posts) - - Show Bio

@zane240: Meliodas is depicted as a blademaster, though he has some good CQC feats they are mostly in conjunction with a blade. Naruto's Frog Kata is just too beastly, though Mel could definitely bypass the striking and grapple him.

#29 Posted by Yray (462 posts) - - Show Bio

Mel>>naruto=Luffy=ichigo

Mel first bcos of more experience

#30 Posted by Insertnewname (1566 posts) - - Show Bio

Naruto by far, he uses his clones as human bridges, he uses taijutsu etc.. How is meliodas better?

#31 Posted by WorldofRuin6 (2589 posts) - - Show Bio

Mel has 3000+ years of combat experience(not even counting his time in purgatory) and has led multiple military factions throughout his days.

Mel definitely stomps in skill alone. Naruto takes second place in landslide via growing up in a shinobi nation and his time as hokage, which leaves Ichigo barely beating Luffy for third place.

#32 Posted by mevbi (234 posts) - - Show Bio
#33 Posted by Insertnewname (1566 posts) - - Show Bio

@mevbi: what are these worth if we didn't see him out it in use? Some people are very good at not learning, I know meliodas isn't stupid but I didn't see flashy animations in the whole first season, nothing comparable to the fights Naruto has

#34 Posted by ichigoSOLOLORD (125 posts) - - Show Bio

ichigo no diffs

#35 Posted by ManimalMan (686 posts) - - Show Bio

@diydeath: all of them are damage sponges with insane endurance. The relying on power thing is also true for all of them although naruto's the only one iirc who has beaten opponents without just overpowering them. He's also the best when it comes to strategy and tactics.

#36 Posted by uchihaghost (711 posts) - - Show Bio

Hand to hand skill: Naruto, Meliodas, Luffy, ichigo.

Swordsmanship: Ichigo, Meliodas, Naruto, Luffy.

#37 Posted by UltraShaggy (505 posts) - - Show Bio

Ichigo , he trained by Urahara kisuke and the Royal guards.

#38 Posted by Zane240 (463 posts) - - Show Bio

Lol

#40 Posted by InfinteGod12 (137 posts) - - Show Bio

Dang, could anyone give me meliodas h2h feats before i start comparing?

#41 Posted by Zuriel-el (2962 posts) - - Show Bio

Naruto meliodas luffy ichigo.

#42 Posted by Risk0608 (234 posts) - - Show Bio

Experience does not matter unless you're going up against someone who uses their experience. Unfortunately for the other 3, Meliodas does