Naruto, Saitama & Mel vs Wonder Woman

#101 Posted by Zuriel-el (3935 posts) - - Show Bio

team wins round two.

#102 Edited by emperorthanos- (16874 posts) - - Show Bio

I thought we had moved past the Saitama star level nonsense.

#103 Posted by Marc_55 (5857 posts) - - Show Bio

I thought we had moved past the Soayam star level nonsense.

Saitama.

#104 Posted by emperorthanos- (16874 posts) - - Show Bio
#105 Posted by Marc_55 (5857 posts) - - Show Bio
#106 Edited by Cable_Extreme (16831 posts) - - Show Bio

@kanyecosby: So you are using Wonder Woman high end feats only, ignoring any low feats of her being hurt by less-than-solar system attacks? The problem with that, especially with comics is that there are plenty of feats which counter their high end showings which develops the need for consistency. One Punch man has pretty much zero lowshowings, he is has never been truly injured/defeated even by planetary attacks, nor did he even have to really try against Boros, whom according to a guidebook is capable of destroying stars. Also take note of the name "Collapsing star" aka supernova. When you review these things, the writer's intentions are often made clear through the names and explanations. Like the black hole feat, it is an obvious attempt from the writer to make Saitama overpowered. Someone who could control gravity wouldn't necessarily damage the ship as they can control it.

It isn't non-cannon as the manga, anime, and web comics are canon. It is simply the manga is taken as most cannon when certain things conflict.

Wonderwoman is not consistently on Saitama's level, nor does she have the striking power to deal any damage to him.

#107 Posted by KanyeCosby (7574 posts) - - Show Bio

@cable_extreme: Trust me, I don’t believe Wonder Woman has solar system level durability. I was just using the same logic you were to point out why you were wrong. Wonder Woman has numerous feats that put her above Saitama. He literally has no feats that put him on her level other than the highly ambiguous serious punch feat against Boros. If you want to go by guidebooks, then Superman himself is a casual starbuster. Wonder Woman has taken multiple punches from him and proven she can hold her own against him.

The name of the attack has no weight on how powerful it is. Otherwise, Android Saga Vegeta would be Big Bang Level.

I agree that the manga should be taken above other sources as the main canon. That’s why the black hole feat doesn’t really count. Even then, I already stated why it’s not very impressive.

Wonder Woman can definitely hurt him, because she’s consistently shown to be able to hurt people like Post Crisis Superman, who is FAR above Saitama in terms of durability feats.

#108 Edited by Cable_Extreme (16831 posts) - - Show Bio

@kanyecosby said:

@cable_extreme: Trust me, I don’t believe Wonder Woman has solar system level durability. I was just using the same logic you were to point out why you were wrong. Wonder Woman has numerous feats that put her above Saitama. He literally has no feats that put him on her level other than the highly ambiguous serious punch feat against Boros. If you want to go by guidebooks, then Superman himself is a casual starbuster. Wonder Woman has taken multiple punches from him and proven she can hold her own against him.

The name of the attack has no weight on how powerful it is. Otherwise, Android Saga Vegeta would be Big Bang Level.

I agree that the manga should be taken above other sources as the main canon. That’s why the black hole feat doesn’t really count. Even then, I already stated why it’s not very impressive.

Wonder Woman can definitely hurt him, because she’s consistently shown to be able to hurt people like Post Crisis Superman, who is FAR above Saitama in terms of durability feats.

The problem with this argument is that in all other cases, it would make perfect sense. However with Saitama, it doesn't, simply because his limits have yet to be reached. His showings against Boros is not an indication of the cap of his power as Boros admitted that Saitama was really even trying as Saitama was depressed about how easy it was for him. Saitama has never been harmed (seriously), defeated, or even matched. Boros could be argued to give a good fight to superman, the hulk etc... (not necessarily win) but he was essentially powerless agaisn't Saitama who has never shown weakness to anything. Even when he spars Tastumaki in season two, he somehow makes himself too heavy for her to lift with her telekinesis.

One said that no matter what problem Saitama faced, he could always count on him to overcome it. It is clear Saitama isn't developed with the limits comic book characters are.

#109 Posted by KanyeCosby (7574 posts) - - Show Bio

@cable_extreme: Boros would get curbstomped by either Superman or Hulk. I see what you are saying about Saitama not showing his upper limits yet, but here on the vine, we go by what they have already accomplished, not by speculation. We don’t really know how powerful Saitama is. He could be only planetary, but he could also be WAY above that. We don’t really know, which is why we go by what they have already shown. We can’t use NLFs.

#110 Edited by Cable_Extreme (16831 posts) - - Show Bio

@kanyecosby said:

@cable_extreme: Boros would get curbstomped by either Superman or Hulk. I see what you are saying about Saitama not showing his upper limits yet, but here on the vine, we go by what they have already accomplished, not by speculation. We don’t really know how powerful Saitama is. He could be only planetary, but he could also be WAY above that. We don’t really know, which is why we go by what they have already shown. We can’t use NLFs.

He easily reflected a "at the very least" planetary attack using the concussive force of his hand moving through the air... You try making a punching bag move by waving your hand around in front of it... He not only reflected the attack, but there was enough force left over to split the jet stream around the world. The level of strength he has, and consistency is far better than the consistent showings of Wonder Woman who had a knack for constantly failing which resulted in superman to have Superman pick up the slack. She would have her showing every once in awhile but her durability on a consistent basis was crap.

#111 Posted by KingZod (4267 posts) - - Show Bio
#112 Posted by Marc_55 (5857 posts) - - Show Bio
Avatar image for masterskywalker
#113 Posted by MasterSkywalker (3609 posts) - - Show Bio

Still going with the Team for both rounds.

#114 Posted by Menethil (63 posts) - - Show Bio

WW dies.

#115 Posted by kasya_carey (6753 posts) - - Show Bio

Lol at this naruto wank

#116 Posted by Trndo (1121 posts) - - Show Bio

One Punch Man Roflstomps alone

Avatar image for christianrapper
#117 Posted by christianrapper (6604 posts) - - Show Bio

do you guys really know how powerful and fast wonder woman is?

#118 Posted by KanyeCosby (7574 posts) - - Show Bio

@cable_extreme: There is no proof that the attack he deflected was planetary in power. All you have is speculation. The shockwave wasn’t planetary either. It just made a massive fissure in the clouds. Wonder Woman has multiple feats that put her above Saitama. She has taken punches from Superman, Zoom, and Doomsday, all of whom would curbstomp Saitama. She has pulled Martian Manhunter out of a black hole. She has shaken the heavens and the Earth by fighting Superman. If anything, Saitama needs to show more feats, because other than getting kicked to the moon, Saitama hasn’t tanked anything on the level that she has. He hasn’t shown the strength that she has on multiple occasions. He just isn’t on her level yet.

#119 Posted by Cable_Extreme (16831 posts) - - Show Bio

@cable_extreme: There is no proof that the attack he deflected was planetary in power. All you have is speculation. The shockwave wasn’t planetary either. It just made a massive fissure in the clouds. Wonder Woman has multiple feats that put her above Saitama. She has taken punches from Superman, Zoom, and Doomsday, all of whom would curbstomp Saitama. She has pulled Martian Manhunter out of a black hole. She has shaken the heavens and the Earth by fighting Superman. If anything, Saitama needs to show more feats, because other than getting kicked to the moon, Saitama hasn’t tanked anything on the level that she has. He hasn’t shown the strength that she has on multiple occasions. He just isn’t on her level yet.

There is proof, even within the translations and the kanjis are taken at the lowest interpretations possible, the attack was still a planet busting attack. If they are interpreted in the way the guidbook that was paired with the blueray anime states, then it is an attack capable of destroying stars.

Saitama isn't getting curb-stomped by anyone and I would argue would fair better against the people you listed than Wonder Woman would/did. Shall I start linking her low showings to show you her consistency is shit poor when it comes to her feats? Her consistent showings are nothing close to planetary, and then she will randomly show something far above her normal showings, most likely an attempt to keep her relevant in Superman's story-line.

#120 Posted by emperorthanos- (16874 posts) - - Show Bio

@kanyecosby said:

He easily reflected a "at the very least" planetary attack using the concussive force of his hand moving through the air... You try making a punching bag move by waving your hand around in front of it... He not only reflected the attack, but there was enough force left over to split the jet stream around the world. The level of strength he has, and consistency is far better than the consistent showings of Wonder Woman who had a knack for constantly failing which resulted in superman to have Superman pick up the slack. She would have her showing every once in awhile but her durability on a consistent basis was crap.

consistency implies that Saitama has repeatedly showing planetary attacks. Which is not the case. He simply has one attack on that level and nothing else. You can argue consistency when Saitama only has one fight that puts him high tier and nothing else in that level. Sure you can say that he has yet to face an opponent like Boros but I still wouldn't say there is anything consistent about Saitama until he gets more showings. Which is also why the legitamacy of Boros's statement is very questionable because that entire statement is a complete outlier to rest of manga. If we took every databook seriously than manga characters would be a lot stronger than most give them credit for. However the fact reamins that it is still a statement that is unsupported by any other feats within the manga. Even showings since the Boros fight have are not on that level despite the villains supposedly being similar to Boros.

#121 Posted by emperorthanos- (16874 posts) - - Show Bio

Honestly I could see the team winning both rounds. Naruto alone beats rebirth while the help of Meliodas and Saitama could ensure victory again her post crisis counterpath.

#122 Posted by TheWatcherKing (18960 posts) - - Show Bio

Honestly I could see the team winning both rounds. Naruto alone beats rebirth while the help of Meliodas and Saitama could ensure victory again her post crisis counterpath.

#123 Posted by EcoBlitz (6169 posts) - - Show Bio

I’ll just put this out there. Saitama was damaged in the fight against borus. Go check out the page after he smashes him with a big pillar like thingy. The headed on the page of the next chapter was “He took damage”

#124 Posted by Cosmic_Lantern (5668 posts) - - Show Bio

@kanyecosby said:

There is proof, even within the translations and the kanjis are taken at the lowest interpretations possible, the attack was still a planet busting attack. If they are interpreted in the way the guidbook that was paired with the blueray anime states, then it is an attack capable of destroying stars.

Saitama isn't getting curb-stomped by anyone and I would argue would fair better against the people you listed than Wonder Woman would/did. Shall I start linking her low showings to show you her consistency is shit poor when it comes to her feats? Her consistent showings are nothing close to planetary, and then she will randomly show something far above her normal showings, most likely an attempt to keep her relevant in Superman's story-line.

The amount of double standards, lowballing, and just flat out inaccuracies in this retort is utterly cartoonish. Insinuating Saitama could beat PC Diana is a fallacy in every facet of the definition of the word. You claim lowend feats when literally the only thing done that would even somewhat place him even close to her level is the fight with Boros, please do get out of town.

#125 Posted by TheWatcherKing (18960 posts) - - Show Bio

@ecoblitz said:

I’ll just put this out there. Saitama was damaged in the fight against borus. Go check out the page after he smashes him with a big pillar like thingy. The headed on the page of the next chapter was “He took damage”

That is a fake scan, he was NEVER stated to have taken damage in the manga,webcomic, or anime.

#126 Posted by EcoBlitz (6169 posts) - - Show Bio

@watcher5000: it’s not. Like I said, go check it out yourself.

Avatar image for beaconofstrength
#127 Edited by BeaconofStrength (12489 posts) - - Show Bio

@ecoblitz: No he wasn't, that was a random add-on added by the scanlators - they threw it in for literally no reason besides they tought it sounded cool. That blurb appeared in none of the official releases. Saitama hasn't been hurt once.

#128 Posted by EcoBlitz (6169 posts) - - Show Bio

@beaconofstrength: it’s literally on every manga site. Do you have a scan where it’s not there?

#129 Posted by EcoBlitz (6169 posts) - - Show Bio

He even looks slightly annoyed after hat particular attack.

#130 Posted by reikai (7551 posts) - - Show Bio

@ecoblitz: And Boros is star-level according to an official data book. Also saying "he took damage" doesn't mean anything when Saitama's expression never changed and showed no sign of being in pain. The "damage" was more contained to his costume and making him look dirty. When he finds Genos after, Saitama appears completely fine. Hell, Saitama took every hit after Boros used Meteoric Burst, just to see if it was enough to get him a little bit excited about the fight. And by the end of it all, Boros calls Saitama out for still holding back and that Boros had no chance to win at all.

#131 Posted by TheWatcherKing (18960 posts) - - Show Bio

@ecoblitz said:

@watcher5000: it’s not. Like I said, go check it out yourself.

I have actually read the manga and webcomic so I don't think I need to. Here is the moment you're referring to in the webcomic

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2

And here it is in the manga

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2

Like I said, fake scan.

#132 Posted by BeaconofStrength (12489 posts) - - Show Bio

@ecoblitz: This is from the official release. Most manga sites use scanlations because they're released far before the actual English volume release, all of which are fan translations. That blurb appears in neither RAWs or any official releases.

No Caption Provided

#133 Posted by EcoBlitz (6169 posts) - - Show Bio

@watcher5000: that’s not the instance I saw. It’s after borus flings the long huge pillar like thing from his space ship at saitama and it almost cuts his ship in half.

#134 Edited by EcoBlitz (6169 posts) - - Show Bio

@beaconofstrength: Point made, but why would ALL the sites decide to just add that tho??

Plus we see saitama’s Expression momentarily change then he tells borus to stfu next page

#135 Posted by Cable_Extreme (16831 posts) - - Show Bio

@cable_extreme said:
@kanyecosby said:

consistency implies that Saitama has repeatedly showing planetary attacks. Which is not the case. He simply has one attack on that level and nothing else. You can argue consistency when Saitama only has one fight that puts him high tier and nothing else in that level. Sure you can say that he has yet to face an opponent like Boros but I still wouldn't say there is anything consistent about Saitama until he gets more showings. Which is also why the legitamacy of Boros's statement is very questionable because that entire statement is a complete outlier to rest of manga. If we took every databook seriously than manga characters would be a lot stronger than most give them credit for. However the fact reamins that it is still a statement that is unsupported by any other feats within the manga. Even showings since the Boros fight have are not on that level despite the villains supposedly being similar to Boros.

He has never struggled at all with any attack at any range. Wonder Woman on the other hand has struggled and been defeated by less-than solar system attacks/beings.

The statement isn't an outlier of the entire manga when the whole series was a ramp-up to that point. It is obvious of One's intentions with Boros, it wasn't his intention to make Boros appear stronger than he was. One stated that Boros disaster level was above Dragon level leaving only God level. This makes him a worldly threat to humanities survival. Boros is easily world level confirmed but the manga and especially the anime at the very least. Saitama is above world level as he didn't struggle at all against Boros.

#136 Posted by TheWatcherKing (18960 posts) - - Show Bio

@ecoblitz said:

@watcher5000: that’s not the instance I saw. It’s after borus flings the long huge pillar like thing from his space ship at saitama and it almost cuts his ship in half.

Show me it then, because I know for a fact it was never once said in the webcomic, manga or even the anime.

#137 Edited by EcoBlitz (6169 posts) - - Show Bio

@watcher5000: I’m on mobile so I can only post a link. Just keep reading from here.

http://www.mangareader.net/onepunch-man/46/10

Plus in the anime it was implied tho. Just saying you should check that out too

#138 Posted by BeaconofStrength (12489 posts) - - Show Bio

@ecoblitz: You don't seem to understand how manga hosting sites work. Not every site does their own translation, there's usually one scanlation team translating a manga, then people upload the manga to their site for readers to view. There was only one English scanlation team working on OPM at that time, and they added that for no reason at all.

#139 Edited by EcoBlitz (6169 posts) - - Show Bio

@beaconofstrength: Okay, you said at that time, you saying they wouldn’t have updated it? It’s been over a year(or 2 years) since that happened

EDIT: Also saitama was shown blocking his punches earlier on in their fight in the anime(doubt that was in the manga) just pouting it out too.

#140 Posted by TheWatcherKing (18960 posts) - - Show Bio

@emperorthanos said:

He has never struggled at all with any attack at any range. Wonder Woman on the other hand has struggled and been defeated by less-than solar system attacks/beings.

The statement isn't an outlier of the entire manga when the whole series was a ramp-up to that point. It is obvious of One's intentions with Boros, it wasn't his intention to make Boros appear stronger than he was. One stated that Boros disaster level was above Dragon level leaving only God level. This makes him a worldly threat to humanities survival. Boros is easily world level confirmed but the manga and especially the anime at the very least. Saitama is above world level as he didn't struggle at all against Boros.

Wow now, Boros is strong and is definitely above any confirmed Dragon Level threat, but he and Monster Garou have never truly been confirmed to be God Level threats.

#141 Edited by Cable_Extreme (16831 posts) - - Show Bio

@cable_extreme said:
@kanyecosby said:

The amount of double standards, lowballing, and just flat out inaccuracies in this retort is utterly cartoonish. Insinuating Saitama could beat PC Diana is a fallacy in every facet of the definition of the word. You claim lowend feats when literally the only thing done that would even somewhat place him even close to her level is the fight with Boros, please do get out of town.

What was inaccurate?

What was fallacious? (name the fallacy)

Double standard? (lowball Saitama if you can)

Learn to be specific instead of using baseless/generic insults towards my argument. You are still upset by the last thread.

#142 Edited by TheWatcherKing (18960 posts) - - Show Bio

@ecoblitz said:

@watcher5000: I’m on mobile so I can only post a link. Just keep reading from here.

http://www.mangareader.net/onepunch-man/46/10

Plus in the anime it was implied tho. Just saying you should check that out too

That's not the correct translation, in fact that scene where lifts part of the ship was taken out of the manga.

#143 Posted by BeaconofStrength (12489 posts) - - Show Bio
@ecoblitz said:

@beaconofstrength: Okay, you said at that time, you saying they wouldn’t have updated it? It’s been over a year(or 2 years) since that happened

Yeah, most manga-hosting sites don't upload official scans since it costs money to get the official English volumes.

#144 Posted by EcoBlitz (6169 posts) - - Show Bio

@watcher5000: okay. Have a reliable site for me then because I prefer manga over anime, also because it’s canon so it helps when debating.

#145 Posted by Cable_Extreme (16831 posts) - - Show Bio

@cable_extreme said:
@emperorthanos said:

Wow now, Boros is strong and is definitely above any confirmed Dragon Level threat, but he and Monster Garou have never truly been confirmed to be God Level threats.

Well saying above dragon would be god level as that is the only bracket. One stated Boros was above Dragon. What else could he be? There are only 5 threat levels.

Wolf: Any potential threat or threat that poses a danger to an unknown degree.

Tiger: Any threat to a large number of people.

Demon: Any threat to a city and its people.

Dragon: Any threat to multiple cities.

God: A threat endangering the survival of humanity in general. Link

Which one is above dragon?

#146 Posted by emperorthanos- (16874 posts) - - Show Bio

@emperorthanos said:
@cable_extreme said:
@kanyecosby said:

Youa re missing my point. You argue that Saitama being planet level is consistent. however he has only one feat that planet level. Yes Wonder Woman has low showings but she also has ridiculously high ones as well which is why the topic of consistency comes up and we go by the middle ground. The middle ground for Saitama would not be planet level.(Note my point is not that Saitama isn't palnet level but rather brining up consistency when debating Saitama makes no sense.)

It is an outlier. There is no other feat in the entire series that comes anywhere near that statement. It is leagues above anything else shown after the fight as well. Why would you ramp up to a fight and not make the next set of villains even stronger. What ever one has stated doesn't change the fact that it is an outlier feat nor does it change that fact that it is still just a statement. One that is unsupported within the webcomic or manga. Boros has no feats of being world level. He simply has one statement and that's it. Even the collateral damage of that attack wasn't near world level.

#147 Posted by EcoBlitz (6169 posts) - - Show Bio

@beaconofstrength: Okay. Nice to know. But why does he look annoyed after the attack then even tells borus to shut up(insinuating that he’s annoyed)

#148 Posted by TheWatcherKing (18960 posts) - - Show Bio

@ecoblitz said:

@watcher5000: okay. Have a reliable site for me then because I prefer manga over anime, also because it’s canon so it helps when debating.

I personally read the manga from this website

http://ww2.readopm.com/

#149 Posted by BeaconofStrength (12489 posts) - - Show Bio

@ecoblitz: Saitama being annoyed doesn't mean he took any damage.

#150 Posted by EcoBlitz (6169 posts) - - Show Bio

@watcher5000: not just OPM but manga in general.

@BeaconofStrength okay. But I’ll just agree to not disagree, but just not wholly accept that because saitama seldom shows emotion in battle