Naruto: MS Sasuke vs Mifune

im_late

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Mifune is in his prime. He can use anime feats.

Round 1: Weapons only.

Round 2: Jutsu allowed.

Round 3: All out.

im_late

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Naruto:

@the_imperator@dratini1331@homicidalmaniac@funsiized@sync1@princearagorn1@ratava@

Sup3rn0va

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Impossible to know but I'd say the only round Mifune takes is the first.

Avatar image for eternaldarkfury
EternalDarkFury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Round 1. Mifune

Rouns 2. Sasuke

Avatar image for fullmetalemprah
FullMetalEmprah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Round 1: I'll back Mifune here, Sasuke would make him work for it though.

Rounds 2 and 3: Sasuke wins, but I don't think it's a stomp unless he uses genjutsu since I don't remember samurai having a counter for it.

im_late

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

EmperorMode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sasuke stomps both rounds

im_late

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Rabii99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sasuke all rounds

HSTgoddess

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sasuke god stomps

Avatar image for mcu-defender333
MCU-Defender333

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

R1: Mifune low-mid diff, assuming 'weapons only' means no sharingan for Sasuke?

R2: does susano count as a 'jutsu'? If so, Sasuke low diffs. If not, Sasuke still wins but Mifune makes him work for it.

R3: Sasuke low diffs.

im_late

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hstgoddess: How does Sasuke godstomps Mifune in every round?

im_late

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Alright. Might as well make a case for Mifune since a few people think he is going to lose decisively here. Mobile at the moment so I can't post scans.

First, let me reiterate: this is prime Mifune who was at the age of 65 during the summit (Hiruzen was considered past his prime at 68/69 if I remember correctly.)

Unfortunately, due to lack of feats, Mifune's capabilities can be only measured based on statements, accolades and figts with Hanzo. First and foremost, he was stated to be too fast for ninja to make hand seals by both Hanzo and 4th databook. His style, called Iai, combined with stunning speed, exploited the opening created by seals to ensure his opponent cannot use any ninjutsu. This is the pinnacle of what a samurai strive to achieve. Large amount of samurais either began to use ninjutsu or outright became ninjas due to efficiency of such techniques. Mifune achieving the speed, skill and technique necessary to prevent ninjas of Hanzo caliber from forming seals is remarkable. The whole theme of Land of Iron is faith - discipline and belief strong enough to push you to the top of a mountain.

Mifune was seen fighting Edo-tensei Hanzo and defeating him decisively. He might have been rusty and way past his prime, but it was still someone hailed as the god of shinobi back on the day. Even during his youth, Hanzo stated that he couldn't afford to take off his mask against opponent of Mifune's caliber so as to avoid giving him a single opening (Mifune could have slice the poison sack in his side, paralyzing him.)

Hanzo's praise and the fight Mifune has given him back then are the two most important of his showings. It was the man who soloed the Sannins and was considered to be a legendary ninja after all.

Based on that alone, I don't think Sasuke stands even the slightest chance in round 1, with round 2 being debatable only because he might manage to pull off desperate amaterasu. Round 3 could really go either way. Incomplete Susanoo is a hard nut to crack. Mifune does have range attacks and chakra enhanced sword strikes (strong enough to send MS Sasuke backwards after blocking one) but I can see Sasuke pinning him at some point. Could very well exhaust himself. Mifune is just that good in my book. Plus he is patient and disciplined.

MattyBoi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sasuke both rounds.

HSTgoddess

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

FrozenGod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sasuke wins, obviously.

alextheboss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

R1: Mifune. Iirc he beat Hanzo who fought off all three Sanin and was so strong he granted them that title in the first place for surviving against him. Mifune’s specialy is his sword, so he should win weapons only.

R2: Sasuke due to better feats and not versatility.

R3: Sasuke, same as above.

WorldofRuin6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mifune should take R1. R2 could go either way IMO. Defeating someone who soled the Sannin seems at least as impressive as Sauce's feats at the summit, so it should be close. Sauce solidly wins R3 via genjutsu and just better on panel feats.