Naruto Chess Tournament

Avatar image for deactivated-6314d3d11bddb
deactivated-6314d3d11bddb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Chess match 1 : Kakashi Hatake vs Shikamaru Nara (Adult)

Chess Match 2: Itachi Uchiha vs Minato Namikaze

Chess Match 3: Kabuto vs Sasuke Uchiha (adult)

Chess match 4 Orochimaru vs Gaara of the Sand (Adult)

Whoever Wins Against There Opponent Must Play The Next winner In Line until there is 1 left.

tehmasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Shikamaru with ease.

Avatar image for artoriasabysswalker
ArtoriasAbyssWalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Battle of the strategists: Itachi vs Shikimaru

Prepare for the end of the world folks.

FlashingSabre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I mean, Shikamaru has a stated IQ of over 200. I doubt anyone can beat him at a strategy game, aka his area of expertise.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Zuriel-el

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

shikamaru beats them even if they team up.

itacgi is no master strategist. heck years of prep and he still faiked, kakashi is (what is he doing here), minato (meh... at least he actually came up with one useful strategy in his life). kabuto is a prep kid, sasuke is the pis king, gaara is good but nah, oro is another kabuto.

they lose to the guy able to make 200 strategies and select the best.

Khael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Khael

Only Shikamaru can play chess (shogi) so he has the best chance here.

Being smart doesn't make you better at chess btw, experience matters much more.

linglung

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Shikamaru Stomp all of them..

Even if they team up, Shikamaru still Stomp

Khael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zuriel-el: @linglung: There's no point of teaming up in chess lmao. Do you guys even know how this works?

Zuriel-el

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Zuriel-el

@Khael:

i'm actually a chess player, and i meant even if they broke the rules they lose

Khael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Khael

@zuriel-el: Then why do you think teaming up in chess is a good idea? lol

I think Shikamaru wins based on his ability on playing shogi alone, heck Asuma would stomp these guys as well because these guys never played chess.

Avatar image for magnus_carlsen3
magnus_carlsen3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@khael said:

Correct. Even an 8(or even lower than that) years old that has better chess understanding will beat a scientist that is a casual chess player. IQ is not really the deciding factor at determining the winner of a chess battle.

linglung

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@khael said:

@linglung: There's no point of teaming up in chess lmao. Do you guys even know how this works?

yeah i know how it works, i play chess too,, even since im 7 years old... that's how i explain how strong shikamaru in chess game.. even if they combine their strategy,, they still can't beat shikamaru..

Khael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@linglung: Facepalm, now it's even harder to believe your word.

Saiyan77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Round 1 - Shikamaru , Itachi , Kabuto , Orochimaru

Round 2 - Shikamaru > Orochimaru , Itachi >Kabuto

Round 3 Shikamaru wins the tournament

olajoe1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Shikamaru Stomps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@khael: Why are you saying they never played chess? People don't enter chess tournaments without understanding the concept of the game in how to play and win.

Khael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dajhonmccloud: knowing how to move chess pieces isn't enough to play chess, there are openings, lines, etc. As I said experience matters much more, it just doesn't work that way.

Cosmic_Lantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Cosmic_Lantern

You do know they can use the Sharigan to anticipate his moves? I mean shikamaru could probably last the longest due to experience and skill but that's basically cheating. Just imagine how hard it'd be to successfully trap a knight or king when he knows his move in advanced.

Shikamaru would probably stomp Sasuke here, have trouble with Itatchi, and either stalemate or lose against Kakashi.

Avatar image for justicethorpsylocke
justicethorpsylocke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@khael said:

Avatar image for echostarlord117
echostarlord117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By echostarlord117
  1. Shikamaru would win with his eyes closed
  2. Itachi
  3. Kabuto would stomp
  4. Orochimaru would stomp

Then Shikamaru proceeds to wreck all the winners at once.

echostarlord117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@khaelsaid:

Yes it does. Big time. That's like saying being fast won't make you better at football.

Of course experience matters, but those that are smarter will have a far easier time gaining said experience and using it properly. Things like spatial reasoning, abstract thinking, tactical decision making, problem solving, thinking X steps ahead, etc. are things that become harder to do the dumber you are. All of those things are necessary abilities for a chess player.

And just from a logical standpoint, if chess is a mental game (which it is), wouldn't it follow then that the player with the superior hardware (brain) would play better than the one without?

Khael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@echostarlord117: No, it's just a game. It has its own unique rules and everything. Dumb people can learn those things based on experience, being smart can only help you learn faster that's it.

No, being fast on football is another thing entirely.

Fun fact, the best chess player in my school has really really bad scores on every subject overall (he's not smart at all).

echostarlord117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@khael said:

@echostarlord117: No, it's just a game. It has its own unique rules and everything. Dumb people can learn those things based on experience, being smart can only help you learn faster that's it.

Not just that, dude. Being smarter can help you figure out strategies your dumber opponent wouldn't even dream of. Higher level of intellect = higher creative ability = better at playing chess.

Just be honest with yourself, in a game between a physicist and a cop of equal chess experience, who do you think'll win?

No, being fast on football is another thing entirely.

How so?

Fun fact, the best chess player in my school has really really bad scores on every subject overall (he's not smart at all).

Anecdotal evidence. You look at all the top chess players around the world and most of them have 130+ IQ scores. This is not a coincidence.

echostarlord117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

echostarlord117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@khael: Here's what a supposed friend of Magnus Carlsen had to say on the matter.

"It's a nice thought that chess is something anyone can excel at with proper training. It's also a bit naive in my humble opinion. In my experience, some people have a natural talent for chess that leads them to become much stronger players than others, given the same training. Those are the people who have a good memory and a well-developed logical-mathematical intelligence (not to be confused with general intelligence).

These chess masters are often successful engineers, lawyers or investment bankers - professions that are logical by nature. The very best become professional chess players, of course. But before the professionalization of chess, we had world champions such as Emanuel Lasker, who was a leading mathematician, and Mikhail Botvinnik, who was an electrical engineer and pioneer in the field of computer science.

It is my view that chess talent is positively correlated with logical-mathematical intelligence. This opinion is not very politically correct, and it may sound a bit arrogant coming from someone who is a strong chess player. I know many people disagree, but this is my honest belief."

Khael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@echostarlord117: You can learn strategies, in fact there are a lot of things in chess that you have to learn (can't just figure it out just by being smart)

Physicist or cop, it doesn't even matter tbh.

Because you can learn strategies and decision making but you can't just learn how to be fast, there's a reason why chess has more books than any sport combined. Also, IQ is just measuring how well you think and reason like society (educational thought police). It's not meant to measure profound and original intelligence. There's a big difference between just knowing answers and applying that knowledge in an original, profound way.

I can give you another blog that says the complete opposite.

echostarlord117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@khaelsaid:

@echostarlord117: You can learn strategies, in fact there are a lot of things in chess that you have to learn (can't just figure it out just by being smart)

Of course learning is a major part of it. Learning is key to every skill. Being fast won't make you know all the plays and techniques to being a great wide receiver just like how being smart won't automatically grant you grand master chess abilities. Basically, I'm just trying to say that a smart person who trains as hard and as long as a dumb person at chess will always be better than said dumb person due to being smarter.

Physicist or cop, it doesn't even matter tbh.

I said be honest. xD

Because you can learn strategies and decision making but you can't just learn how to be fast, there's a reason why chess has more books than any sport combined.

Right, so by that logic, being inherently smart won't make you a better scientist. Anyone can be the best if they read enough, right? Lol I mean, that's why science has more books than any sport combined!

By the way, you can train to be fast.

Also, IQ is just measuring how well you think and reason like society (educational thought police). It's not meant to measure profound and original intelligence.

... please don't tell me you're one of those that thinks IQ tests only measure how good you are at taking IQ tests. While I'm not quite sure what "profound and original intelligence" is, it is a widely accepted fact that IQ tests accurately measure a person's raw intelligence. A simple Google search will yield a ton of results of published psychologists and neuroscientists that agree.

There's a big difference between just knowing answers and applying that knowledge in an original, profound way.

If you've ever taken an IQ test, you'd know that you can't just "know" the answers. The vast majority of questions assess your problem solving skills, not your knowledge. Things like pattern recognition, critical thinking, spatial reasoning, etc. are all tested in an IQ test. You can't just study that. You either can do those things or you can't. Just like how you either can become a really fast runner or you can't.

I can give you another blog that says the complete opposite.

I hope you're not referring to the study.

Avatar image for proteusxmanrxis
ProteusXManRxis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Shikamaru sweeps

Khael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Khael

@echostarlord117: Alright, I'll be clear here. I didn't mean chess doesn't require brain, I meant you can be dumb at everything other thing but if you're smart at chess then you're good at it hence why your physicist police thing doesn't apply here. This works on every other sport, take basketball for example you can't just move carelessly, you have to be smart ...at basketball but that can be developed in repetitive exercises and training. Same thing in chess, you have to be very smart.... In chess. Yes it takes calculation but chess calculation, it has nothing to do with real math or physic. Yes it takes decision makings but chess decision makings, you don't have to be a real life perfect decision maker to be a good chess player. I can go all day but get my point? Also same thing for science, you don't have to be smart in general, people can be good at science by actually learning it or being obsessed with it, that doesn't mean you have to be smart in general.

As for this thread, this is a really stupid thread. It doesn't matter how smart Kakashi is if he's not smart in chess. Take your own example, if this was a biology contest then Kabuto would win no problem, Shikamaru's natural IQ wouldn't even matter because he doesn't know biology and Kabuto is basically a biologist.

Anyway there are some psychologists that actually claimed that there was no real way to measure intelligence, some of the questions there aren't logical as they're supposed to be, some of them are general knowledge. If it's just a logical problem solving games then I think anyone can do it if they're actually serious.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@khael: Your Making it more complicated than it really is. Even tho don't have feats for chess the idea is to see who's truly the best strategist.

Khael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

sladerulez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Madara wins.

Come at me

Thenewguysnm1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Whoever Wins Against There Opponent Must Play The Next winner In Line until there is 1 left.

SHIKAMARU WINS THE TOURNAMENT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sladerulez: I already assumed he'd stomp this match ? so I purposely exclude the monster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Prezilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Shikamaru stomps and wins this easily.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@prezilla: I'm sure Shikamaru doesn't win easily here. Every single character here is a genius Intelligence wise.

Minato graduating from the academy at 10 years old and holding the highest test scores even in Konoha history.

Kakashi Hatake Jounin level at the age of 13 earning Minatos trust in protecting his comrades without Minato having to be there.

Itachi graduating the academy at age 7 I believe and anbu leader at age 13.

Kabuto surpassing Orochimaru

Orochimaru......he's Orochimaru

Sasuke able to figure out deidera, somewhat stalemate Itachi even tho itachi went light and also showing capable to outwit Kakashi himself.

Gaara became a kazekage as a teen. Enough said.

helloman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Shikamaru wins.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers