#151 Posted by TheBeardOfZues (2801 posts) - - Show Bio

@gilneas: I keep coming back because I'm waiting for you to prove it, you haven't

#152 Posted by sladerulez (10000 posts) - - Show Bio

@gilneas: @theoriginalone: back.

Ok, when the Otsutsuki refer to chakra, they call it chakra. They wouldn't refer it to an existing scientific term that applies to the earth and most large celestial bodies.

Guy's Night Gai can't be claimed as a PIS moment since it's the only time we have ever seen the Night Gai before. And the Ligth fang was shown briefly after. So there's nothing we can use other than heavy scaling and stipulation to claim PIS on that moment.

On that same note, I'm not trying to say Naruto's earth is Factually confirmed as larger than earth, I'm using this to show that it's more logical and sensible to call it Larger by this than it is to call It Smaller by a fan made image. Until there is further information on The size of Naruto's earth, it must be scaled to our earth until we are given a proper statement or claim torwards this topic.

#153 Posted by Gilneas (612 posts) - - Show Bio

@gilneas: I keep coming back because I'm waiting for you to prove it, you haven't

But i did, you just can't refute it or accept it, at this point i am convinced you are a masochist just looking to get trashed by me over and over.

#154 Edited by Gilneas (612 posts) - - Show Bio

@sladerulez said:

On that same note, I'm not trying to say Naruto's earth is Factually confirmed as larger than earth, I'm using this to show that it's more logical and sensible to call it Larger by this than it is to call It Smaller by a fan made image. Until there is further information on The size of Naruto's earth, it must be scaled to our earth until we are given a proper statement or claim torwards this topic.

I disagree. First off your premise to begin with is all faulty. Anything above 10 in space curvature is an abnormality. Ok but what is 10? What in Narutoverse is the base of 10 that they scale other things from and what does that have to do with our Earth? Our Earth is not a 10, nor does it have anything to do with chakra, which is what they are scaling from.

No i disagree again, from the size of the bijuus that can be seen in sveral shots while the rest of the landmass is seen and recognizable as well as the overall shinobi population i am inclined to believe that Naruto Earth is MUCH smaller than our own, until there is evidence to suggest otherwise, you can believe what you want as well but you can not by any means order me what i "must" and must not do.

#155 Posted by TheOriginalOne (4000 posts) - - Show Bio

Ok, when the Otsutsuki refer to chakra, they call it chakra. They wouldn't refer it to an existing scientific term that applies to the earth and most large celestial bodies.

That reference could be their term to label planets based on chakra.

Guy's Night Gai can't be claimed as a PIS moment since it's the only time we have ever seen the Night Gai before. And the Ligth fang was shown briefly after. So there's nothing we can use other than heavy scaling and stipulation to claim PIS on that moment.

No, Night Gai was fine, the space-bending this is stupid and not scientifically correct.

I can agree with this.

#156 Posted by Gilneas (612 posts) - - Show Bio

@theoriginalone: There is nothing wrong with Gai bending space with his ability, it was just a way to show how powerful his physicals have become, the writer has all the liberties to do what he wants there, it's no more PIS then the time Hulk and many other characters have punched through things like reality, time and space.

#157 Posted by TheBeardOfZues (2801 posts) - - Show Bio

@gilneas:

1.) Small Army = Low population due to constant war

2.) Tailed Beast being seen with curvature = Kishimoto free hand drawing of course it's not perfectly to scale no Manga artist can do that.

Neither of your points prove the Earth is smaller and I debunked both, you haven't "trashed" anyone yet. I'm sitting here waiting for you to prove something you can't because it's funny.

#158 Posted by TheOriginalOne (4000 posts) - - Show Bio

@gilneas: Hulk punching reality is stupid though.....

Gai bending space in that instance really didn't make sense.

#159 Edited by Gilneas (612 posts) - - Show Bio

@thebeardofzues said:

@gilneas:

1.) Small Army = Low population due to constant war

2.) Tailed Beast being seen with curvature = Kishimoto free hand drawing of course it's not perfectly to scale no Manga artist can do that.

Neither of your points prove the Earth is smaller and I debunked both, you haven't "trashed" anyone yet. I'm sitting here waiting for you to prove something you can't because it's funny.

1. That still doesn't explain a population as small as 80k, my country that had only 4 million people mobilized over 400k(which is 5 times more than Narutos 5 biggest nations combined) for the first WW1 after having been in several wars previously.

2. LOL, blaming Kishimoto for his own work... amazing.

They do actually, the fact that you have to blame artist/creators mistake for one of it, just shows the lengths you are willing to go to deny things. Keep telling yourself that masochist lol.

#160 Posted by Gilneas (612 posts) - - Show Bio

@gilneas: Hulk punching reality is stupid though.....

Gai bending space in that instance really didn't make sense.

Of course it is, half the things Hulk and many other characters do is stupid, it doesn't make it any less valid because these are comic books and they don't adhere to our real life standards let alone physics.

It doesn't have to, it was just Kishimotos intention to show how fast and strong Gai has become, Madara himself acknowledged him as the best taijustsu user ever right after that.

#161 Posted by TheBeardOfZues (2801 posts) - - Show Bio

@gilneas:

1.) It does explain it you're just to thick to notice you've lost.

2.) He didn't make a mistake he wanted emphasis on the Tailed and the surrounding area so the viewer could see it how he wanted. There are numerous occasions where Tailed Beasts range in size (Susanoo too) for this reason.

Next.

#162 Posted by Gilneas (612 posts) - - Show Bio

@gilneas:

1.) It does explain it you're just to thick to notice you've lost.

2.) He didn't make a mistake he wanted emphasis on the Tailed and the surrounding area so the viewer could see it how he wanted. There are numerous occasions where Tailed Beasts range in size (Susanoo too) for this reason.

Next.

1. No it doesn't, personal insults don't strengthen your argument either. Your lack of mathematical and historical knowledge does hinder it though.

2. And from the view of it we can see the outline of the planet and the countries as well, so unless there are scans contradicting this, there is nothing wrong with it. Of course he can't draw them 100% exact every time, but that doesn't mean he didn't draw them to scale in that very instance i am referring to.

Tag.

#163 Posted by TheOriginalOne (4000 posts) - - Show Bio

@gilneas: That makes sense. But still, I would have been fine with him nearly killing madara without bending space thing.

#164 Posted by TheBeardOfZues (2801 posts) - - Show Bio

@gilneas:

1.) No it does and yes your thick

2.) There are plenty contradictory scans of what your describing the Taild beast are small Mountain in size nothing more as shown over and over again.

#165 Posted by Gilneas (612 posts) - - Show Bio

@gilneas:

1.) No it does and yes your thick

2.) There are plenty contradictory scans of what your describing the Taild beast are small Mountain in size nothing more as shown over and over again.

1. Yes it does and you are mad and reported.

2. The tailed beast are not small mountain in size, they are building size.

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2

the only one that can be called small mountain size is 100% Kurama back when Madara used him to fight Hashirama.

#166 Posted by sladerulez (10000 posts) - - Show Bio

@gilneas: you don't have to agree. However do note that this is simply the way things go. Your claim that Naruto's planet is smaller is a baseless claim that has too little support to be taken seriously.

I, myself admitted that there is too little information to claim that it is bigger or Smaller and we should wait for more information over the topic. But Kinshiki's claim is overall more feasible than your image, since your image isn't even canonical.

#167 Posted by Jatom22 (1856 posts) - - Show Bio

what was the actual dc of the attack do we have a definitive answer? country?

#168 Posted by TheBeardOfZues (2801 posts) - - Show Bio

@gilneas: ok that still doesn't show the Earth as smaller.

#169 Posted by sladerulez (10000 posts) - - Show Bio

@theoriginalone: it could be, but I am rather doubtful a term that is actually used for the mass and gravity of Planets and large celestial bodies would be completely thrown out the window. I honestly feel like the mass of the planet has a connection and effects the amount of chakra a planet could have, but that's just my own theory. Let's put a tab on that for now. Hopefully they go over this soon enough.

I understand what you're saying about Night Guy, but i feel like They wanted it to represent Gai at that speed, but didn't know the full science behind it when they wrote it. It would be nice if the Naruto creators addressed this on an interview.

And It's nice talking to you again. You are one of the only people who i can actually meet a consensus with.

#170 Posted by Gilneas (612 posts) - - Show Bio

@gilneas: you don't have to agree. However do note that this is simply the way things go. Your claim that Naruto's planet is smaller is a baseless claim that has too little support to be taken seriously.

I, myself admitted that there is too little information to claim that it is bigger or Smaller and we should wait for more information over the topic. But Kinshiki's claim is overall more feasible than your image, since your image isn't even canonical.

You don't have to take it seriously, it's not a baseless claim since i explained my reasoning.

There is ZERO information that the planet is bigger and a few things that suggest it's much smaller. Kinshiki's claim has nothing to do with planets size, especially in correlation to our Earth. And i posted several images that are canonical, i used that image because it seemed to trace the landmasses of Naruto Earth rather well compared to it's canon version and i even said it's not canon, but you guys cling to it like it's Holy Grail now.

#171 Posted by TheOriginalOne (4000 posts) - - Show Bio

@theoriginalone: it could be, but I am rather doubtful a term that is actually used for the mass and gravity of Planets and large celestial bodies would be completely thrown out the window. I honestly feel like the mass of the planet has a connection and effects the amount of chakra a planet could have, but that's just my own theory. Let's put a tab on that for now. Hopefully they go over this soon enough.

I can agree with that.

I understand what you're saying about Night Guy, but i feel like They wanted it to represent Gai at that speed, but didn't know the full science behind it when they wrote it. It would be nice if the Naruto creators addressed this on an interview.

I agree 100%. It was an amazing showing but because of the messed up physics, it will always be questioned.

And It's nice talking to you again. You are one of the only people who i can actually meet a consensus with.

You too hey. You have always been a fair Naruto debater unlike some users (cough cough Hope_z).

#172 Posted by sladerulez (10000 posts) - - Show Bio

@gilneas: dude, i don't know anyone other than yourself who takes that 100% seriously. No one is sold on your argument. So only you take your claim seriously.

Kinshiki made a claim about the earth that could potentially mean it's bigger than average since Space curvature is larger than average. Space curvature commonly refers to it's mass and the way gravity effects it. The Naruto world does have and use scientific terms to explain some of their jutsu. Like how Shinki uses electromagnetic fields to control his Iron sand. How Sasuke uses fire jutsu to change the temperature and create a Cumulonimbis cloud (spelled that wrong, i bet) and how Kamui, a space time jutsu, can effect anything that has mass.

Long story short. Everything you have said is theory. It isn't fact and isn't seen as fact. End of story.

#173 Posted by Gilneas (612 posts) - - Show Bio

@gilneas: dude, i don't know anyone other than yourself who takes that 100% seriously. No one is sold on your argument. So only you take your claim seriously.

Kinshiki made a claim about the earth that could potentially mean it's bigger than average since Space curvature is larger than average. Space curvature commonly refers to it's mass and the way gravity effects it. The Naruto world does have and use scientific terms to explain some of their jutsu. Like how Shinki uses electromagnetic fields to control his Iron sand. How Sasuke uses fire jutsu to change the temperature and create a Cumulonimbis cloud (spelled that wrong, i bet) and how Kamui, a space time jutsu, can effect anything that has mass.

Long story short. Everything you have said is theory. It isn't fact and isn't seen as fact. End of story.

I've never seen others make this particular argument, so that's a moot point to begin with, since most people just take the Naruto world at face value and don't question, though i've seen on Naruto forums people make cases for the planet being smaller than Earth, which just seems logical.

Kinshiki was talking about chakra, not the planets actual space curvature. Even if he did, he was referencing the average of their universe, which literally tells us nothing. We need to know what the size of the 10 which is average is so we can scale the 16 of Naruto verse from it.

Everything you said is an even weaker theory IMO, some of the things you said were flat out wrong like Gai doesn't use chakra with the gates, so i am gonna stick with my theory since it makes more sense and seems much more plausible.

#174 Posted by sladerulez (10000 posts) - - Show Bio

@theoriginalone: yeah. Hopefully Boruto can bring up more reasonable debators for Naruto and answer are Hundreds of questions.

#175 Posted by Gilneas (612 posts) - - Show Bio

Yea i don't think Boruto is doing any favors to Naruto. Every since part 2 started and in particular right after the Pain arc, Naruto has been going downhill and the last few arcs like the Shinobi war and whole Madara/Obito/Kaguya arc have been so horrible it's actually mind blowing how bad of a series it became.

Boruto isn't really any better, it uses the same tired formula and doesn't really bring anything new to the table, the series has moved so far away from the cool ninja stuff to some pseudo space ninja gods that i just lost any interest i had in it.

#176 Posted by sladerulez (10000 posts) - - Show Bio

@gilneas: I'm not surprised that you haven't seen these arguments considering your post count and since they kinda died out these past few years. Tjey died out because nobody really took them seriously and everyone called Bull on them.

I acknowledged that we don't know Naruto's standards of the planets, but I'm not trying to say this is 100% confirmed (which i said multiple times). I'm giving you an example that there's more that justifies it as bigger than there is as smaller. Your argument lacks feasible logic and is reliant on a fan image. I do believe that Chakra and mass are connected when it comes to tbe planets, but we don't know enough to support this claim. At that same note, there isn't enough to support your claims. They are theories and will be treated as such. Deal with it.

#177 Posted by Gilneas (612 posts) - - Show Bio

@gilneas: I'm not surprised that you haven't seen these arguments considering your post count and since they kinda died out these past few years. Tjey died out because nobody really took them seriously and everyone called Bull on them.

I acknowledged that we don't know Naruto's standards of the planets, but I'm not trying to say this is 100% confirmed (which i said multiple times). I'm giving you an example that there's more that justifies it as bigger than there is as smaller. Your argument lacks feasible logic and is reliant on a fan image. I do believe that Chakra and mass are connected when it comes to tbe planets, but we don't know enough to support this claim. At that same note, there isn't enough to support your claims. They are theories and will be treated as such. Deal with it.

Maybe you can point me to those particular threads were those arguments happened so i can verify how bull they are.

Again i disagree, i don't see a single thing that justifies the planet being even Earth size let alone bigger and everything suggesting it's just smaller. You again bring up the fan image, despite that right after i used a canon image taken from the show, you lack any and all arguments to actually support what you say or debunk what i've said it's all just my theory vs your theory, with my theory being more plausible. You can treat them as whatever you want, that doesn't affect how i will treat them and as i said before you can't force me to treat the another way as you tried to a few posts back.

#178 Edited by TheBeardOfZues (2801 posts) - - Show Bio

@gilneas: You've disappointed me, I've been playing around with you waiting for a decent argument....

It's stated several times in the Manga that they live on "Earth" is abundantly clear that Kishimoto is referring to our Earth. There is no Logic reason to assume it's any smaller. The 80k can be explained by the Nations being smaller let's say European or Japanese is size but, there is no argument bro bad made about the size of the "Earth" it's just the Earth.

#179 Edited by Gilneas (612 posts) - - Show Bio

@thebeardofzues said:

@gilneas: You've disappointed me, I've been playing around with you waiting for a decent argument....

It's stated several times in the Manga that they live on "Earth" is abundantly clear that Kishimoto is referring to our Earth. There is no Logic reason to assume it's any smaller. The 80k can be explained by the Nations being smaller let's say European or Japanese is size but, there is no argument bro bad made about the size of the "Earth" it's just the Earth.

The masochist comes back i knew you wouldn't resist getting spanked again.

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOL, yes they live on our planet Earth, exactly the whole thing is an exact replica after all.

No Caption Provided

There is Europe and Africa and Asia, oh and i can see even countries like North Korea and Australia and Chad.

The fact that they also call it Earth literally means nothing, Dragon Ball also call their planet Earth despite it not looking anything like our Earth, it's just an easily relatable name to use oh boy lol.

If the nations are smaller as in European or Japanese in size, that just strengthens my point biggest Narutos nations are still small compared to our standard ones and have far less people apparently then even those average nations of ours who have anywhere from 30 to 130 million people.

#180 Posted by sladerulez (10000 posts) - - Show Bio

@gilneas: dude, once again, whether you agree or disagree doesn't matter. In the end, there what you believe is ture, and what is Confirmed. And from what we've seen, it isn't the same thing.

You want me to take your Theory as fact, but i see it as theory and you have failed to convince me or anyone else otherwise. In the end, your theory is still unsupported and no one is sold on it. And a theory shouldn't be brought into account when it comes to a battle. I've done it before and it isn't going to be seen as anything other than stipulation.

You can say what you want, but until you have actual scans and feats to back it up, theres no reason to take it seriously.

#181 Posted by TheBeardOfZues (2801 posts) - - Show Bio

@gilneas: key word "based"

It's based on our Earth.

You have zero evidence to support your claim keep reaching kid.

#182 Posted by Gilneas (612 posts) - - Show Bio

@gilneas: dude, once again, whether you agree or disagree doesn't matter. In the end, there what you believe is ture, and what is Confirmed. And from what we've seen, it isn't the same thing.

You want me to take your Theory as fact, but i see it as theory and you have failed to convince me or anyone else otherwise. In the end, your theory is still unsupported and no one is sold on it. And a theory shouldn't be brought into account when it comes to a battle. I've done it before and it isn't going to be seen as anything other than stipulation.

You can say what you want, but until you have actual scans and feats to back it up, theres no reason to take it seriously.

That's fine but nothing you said was confirmed in terms of the planet being as big as ours, let alone bigger and you got things flat out wrong like the Eight gates chakra thing.

I have repeated to you multiple times i am unsure if you can't read or can't comprehend but i will say it again, you don't have to take what i say at all, you can completely dismiss it, ignore it, or just plain think it's ridiculous and wrong, that is your prerogative and i can't change that. Me "failing" to convince 2 people on comicvine is not the whole of comicvine, you 2 failed to convince me and one other guy as well so you are literally in the same boat and using the ad populum fallacy is a bad argument to begin with.

I've shown scans for what i said and no i don't refer to the non-canon ones and from what i saw the planet looks small if you can see landmass curvature while simultaneously seeing the tailed beats and the population of the whole shinobi army doesn't help either when even tiny country's on our planet dwarf the combined military of all 5 nations. I am not saying this is a definitive answer but it definitely does not help the argument of the planet being as big as our Earth, let alone bigger.

#183 Posted by reaverlation (25866 posts) - - Show Bio

Nothing says Naruto Earth is smaller. Pure Speculation with nothing to back it up. Could be same vice versa but at least there's something to fall back on that it's at least the same size, if not bigger

#184 Posted by Gilneas (612 posts) - - Show Bio

@gilneas: key word "based"

It's based on our Earth.

You have zero evidence to support your claim keep reaching kid.

The name is based on our Earth and literally nothing else.

You are still mad and it's painfully obvious at this point.

#185 Edited by Gilneas (612 posts) - - Show Bio

@reaverlation said:

Nothing says Naruto Earth is smaller. Pure Speculation with nothing to back it up. Could be same vice versa but at least there's something to fall back on that it's at least the same size, if not bigger

The beasts being visible while nations outlines and world curvature is suggest otherwise, the incredibly tiny shinobi population as well suggest it's probably much smaller. There is literally nothing and i repeat not a single shred of evidence to even suggest let alone definitely state that the planet is as big as ours or bigger.

I've read Naruto for more than 7 years i was a huge fan of it, more so than the comics, i kinda fell out of it since it started to disappoint me massively at how painfully bad the story was in the last few years, how lazy and inconsistent Kishi was and during all that time i never once believed that the planet was close in size to ours, everything suggested it wasn't. From the small number of nations to entire countries being visible from not that high in the sky, to the painfully small population of shinobi it had, to even it's capitals being average sized villages. It all just screamed small to me.

The only thing i've definitely gathered is that Naruto fans desperately want for the planet to be as big as ours so that their favorite characters can appear to be as impressive as some Marvel/DC ones.

#186 Edited by reaverlation (25866 posts) - - Show Bio

@gilneas: The thing is what you're suggesting has zero evidence to back it up. While at least there's something being quoted from characters, god-like figures who look at other planets, talking about the curvature of the planet. I haven't seen anyone being up the idea that the Earth is smaller so honestly the burden is on you to say that it is smaller. If not, we can accept it as being the same size as our Earth at least

#187 Posted by TheBeardOfZues (2801 posts) - - Show Bio

@gilneas: we see the Earth from the Moon's perspective and it looks exactly like ours minus different land masses, we see the moon from the Earth's perspective and it looks exactly the same as ours, we also have numerous occasions where it's referenced as Earth, why would Kishimoto call it Earth unless he intended on it being Earth?

You're whole argument is the 80k soliders that's it and you got that by googling "how big is the Naruto world?" And clicking on the first link that has the exact same piss poor argument you do.

#188 Posted by Hope_w (2834 posts) - - Show Bio

Hm......suggesting Naruto/sasuke's clash didnt cause a planetary Storm denies two undebatable facts:

1. Madaras wood release is planetary, he litterally has to do so to get the power from IT. This was shown as well as stated millions of times that it's effecting the entire planet. That is litterally the entire Plot of the war itself, its not debatable.
  2. By extension of the first point Kaguyas final amp was from everyone on the planet under IT; this to was again directly stated more than several times and is litterally Kaguyas mission in the first place. Infact thats the whole reason behind Naruto the series itself. Its why Hagoromo and Hamura challenged her in the firstplace.

So the shockwave reaching multiple areas of the godtree is more than enough to substantiate the claim of its range; not the cinematic pan effect on Kakashi. I would think some people would have the common sense to piece that together.

Secondly, theirs also hundreds of theories that logically place the Naruto world as drastically larger than our own (The size of the forests, Tree's, and Animals) however we assume its the size of earth until solidly proven otherwise as its been directly referred to as 'earth'.

#189 Posted by Gilneas (612 posts) - - Show Bio

@gilneas: The thing is what you're suggesting has zero evidence to back it up. While at least there's something being quoted from characters, god-like figures who look at other planets, talking about the curvature of the planet. I haven't seen anyone being up the idea that the Earth is smaller so honestly the burden is on you to say that it is smaller. If not, we can accept it as being the same size as our Heart at least

You guys keep repeating that but i already presented my evidence and people haven't actually debunked it their reasoning is just "well it doesn't prove anything definitely". Talking about the curvature of what planet? A planet in Narutoverse? Being compared to the average planet in Narutoverse being a 10 while Narutos own planet is 16, which has exactly what to do with our planet and our universe? They are scalling it from the averages of their universe, not ours.

Until then unless someone gives a reasonable explanation as to why.

1. We can see the tailed beasts while simultaneously seeing the curvature of the planet and even entire nation outlines.

2. Why does the planet have such a small number of nations?

3. Why does the planet have such a small population?

Narutos Earth is scaled down.

#190 Posted by reaverlation (25866 posts) - - Show Bio
#191 Edited by Gilneas (612 posts) - - Show Bio

Here is someone making a calculation as to the size of Naruto world

You all know the map of the Naruto World. What I wondered is "just how big are those countries?" Unfortunately the maps shown so far don't have a scale.

But i remembered that the manga made some statements on how long traveling from one country to the next will take.

The most exact statement I could find was mentioned by both Baki and Neji in the Gaara rescue arc. Both say that it would take three days for a Ninja to get from Konohagakure to Sunagakure. (http://www.onemanga.com/Naruto/253/07/)

(http://www.onemanga.com/Naruto/253/20-21/)

So I just did the math.

Traveling Speed * Hours of traveling per day * amount of days * Route factor = Distance

Traveling Speed

Now that is hard to estimate, but I used values between 30km/h and 60km/h.

As an example Usain Bolt had an average speed of roughlxy 40km/h when he broke the 100m world record in Beijing.

To me the shinobi of Naruto seem to be faster than him, but who knows.

Hours of traveling per day

I would guess that when saying traveling for "three days" would include stops for sleeping and eating. However Tenten's statement here threw me off a bit: (http://www.onemanga.com/Naruto/255/08/)

Either it means they have been traveling for 24 hours straight, or that they have been traveling since the early morning until afternoon. I could Gai and Lee see pulling of the former, but I think what Tenten meant was the latter. Otherwise she might have said for an entrie day and and night, or something...

I approximated that a very fast travel usually would include 16hours of movement per day. (7hours sleeping, 1hour for eating etc.) [But a not-rushed, travel would be more like 12hours per day.]

amount of days

By saying "it takes three days" you would usually mean "it takes something between 2 and 3 days". You start at the morning, travel two days straight through, and somewhen during the course of the third day reach your destination.

So I chose 2.5 days.

Route factor

Now, the thing is, that you don't travel in a straight line.

While it's easier to go straight when traveling by foot, you will still have to make a detour sometimes.

Then there's mountains and valleys, you'll have to go up and down. You have to take that into account, too.

I have to say that i have no real knowledge of how big all those things sum up, so I have to guess. I estimated that the distance as the crow flies is roughly 60% of the distance path you actually travel. So the route factor is "0.6".

However you might play around with this value.

RESULT

The result is 720km for a traveling speed of 30km/h,

1080km for a traveling speed of 45km/h

and 1440km for a traveling speed of 60km/h.

720km is roughly the distance of Hamburg (Germany) - Paris (France)

1080km is roughly the distance of Paris (France) - Madrid (Spain)

1440km is roughly the distance of Paris (France) - Lisbon (Portugal)

However, if you slightly change the values, you'll end up with distances that are just 340km (London - Paris) or even 3500km (Helsinki - Lisbon)

For the time being though, i would say that western europe is roughly the same size as the Naruto world shown in the maps so far.

The Fire Country is roughly one and a half times as big as France or Spain. The Water Country has roughly the same size as Britain. The smaller nations have sizes comparable to Austria, the Czech Republic, Greece or Portugal. The other Big countries are difficult, because you can't see their entire border.

So it seems that the landmass of Naruto world is only about the size of Western Europe, which is much, much smaller than our world obviously.

#192 Edited by Gilneas (612 posts) - - Show Bio

Ever since Toriko came out flat out stating with it's numbers that their planet is much, MUCH larger than our own, i've noticed Naruto fans scrambling to suggest that the planet is bigger than our own without anything to support it with and literally everything going against.

It's actually hilarious.

#193 Posted by TheBeardOfZues (2801 posts) - - Show Bio

@gilneas: Says the one who based their argument population and curvature that the artist drew free hand lmao.

#194 Posted by sladerulez (10000 posts) - - Show Bio

@gilneas: if you want to hang on that idea,go ahead, but the second you posted this on a battle as a factor in a fight, is the second people will question and deny your logic, making your claim faulty. You say that you are only stating your theory, but when i asked you about your claims, you said that you are trying to imply that it is earth, you were not just saying a theory.

#195 Posted by Gilneas (612 posts) - - Show Bio

@gilneas: Then agree to disagree then.

That is perfectly fine and reasonable. I wish others in the thread had such reason as to just agree to disagree rather than throw personal insults and try to force me to accept things their way.

#196 Edited by Hope_w (2834 posts) - - Show Bio
  1. The tailed beasts are Mountain sized, you can see a mountain fron space and most angles are portrayed in the mesosphere.
  2. That is only the ninja nations, as seen the Samurai have their own dealings outside the Shinobi world as well as even pirates.
  3. "4th shinobi world war" not to mention everyone was recovering from the scrimmages from less than 20 years ago in Kakashi Gaiden.....which resulted in the third Shinobi war meaning the 4th began less than 30 years afterwards; no nation can recover that fast. Also Minato stomped a full army of thousands in the Anime and made Onoki agree to a treaty. Not everyone on the planet is a shinobi and iirc Hiruzen said the Generation of Shinobi was dwindling in comparrison.

So.......

#197 Posted by Gilneas (612 posts) - - Show Bio

@gilneas: Says the one who based their argument population and curvature that the artist drew free hand lmao.

Oh no the artist drew something free hand, so we can't accept it because it goes against our narrative "we" know better than the artist, roflcopter or something.

@gilneas: if you want to hang on that idea,go ahead, but the second you posted this on a battle as a factor in a fight, is the second people will question and deny your logic, making your claim faulty. You say that you are only stating your theory, but when i asked you about your claims, you said that you are trying to imply that it is earth, you were not just saying a theory.

That's perfectly fine this is why i explained my reasoning as to why i think what i think. It is a theory obviously and so far the best theory i've seen on it and when i try to do more research everything i find seems to suggest that the planet is smaller, whether this was intentional or unintentional from Kishi i don't know but there are at least half a dozen of things to suggest the planet is smaller and literally nothing to suggest it's our size, let alone bigger.

#198 Posted by TheBeardOfZues (2801 posts) - - Show Bio

@gilneas: Think what you want man just know using this logic in a battle and people are going to tear it apart.

#199 Edited by Gilneas (612 posts) - - Show Bio

1. The tailed beasts are not mountain sized as i've shown the only one that can be considered mountain sized is the 100% Kurama that Madara used against Hashirama, when Kurama got 50% of his chakra taken he shrinked in size 4 times for some reason.

2. The samurai actually joined the ninjas in the shinobi war and they are much smaller than the shinobi regardless and there aren't much pirates to begin with, it's not like we don't have pirates in our world to this day, so this is a moot point.

3. I've already debunked this argument, my country alone had a war in 1804-1813 then 1814 then 1815-1817 then 1876-1877 then 1877-1878 then 1883 then 1885 then 1912-1913 then 1913 then 1914-1918 and even many wars after it but even with so many previous wars we still mobilized 400k people in a nation of 4 million with all the wars, famine and diseases that killed MILLIONS of people and we still lost 1 million people in the war and yet recovered completely and even added more to the population by the time the second WW began and we are talking about one very tiny country btw by our standards who still DWARFS the shinobi population in Naruto, so like i said moot points.

So, so....

#200 Posted by Gilneas (612 posts) - - Show Bio

@gilneas: Think what you want man just know using this logic in a battle and people are going to tear it apart.

If they are gonna "tear it apart" the way you have then i have nothing to fear and in fact am only more confident.