User Lists: 43

Prince Namor

No Caption Provided

vs.

Anakin Skywalker, AKA Darth Vader

No Caption Provided

----------------

- 1 day prep

- Standard gear (basically, Vader gets his lightsaber and armor)

- Battlefield: The Roman Colosseum. They start on opposite ends.

- Namor gets to take a 5-minute shower before the match.

-------------------

For more of my battles, click here!

Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 13

@joygirl: Speed feats for Namor? Anyway this is a rather interesting battle, Namor definitly has the strength advantage over the Dark Lord, but from what I know Vader has the speed advantage he has been able to enage and beat half a dozen jedi simountaniously he has been able to deflect a flurry a blaster bolts he has thrown blows faster then thought, he has moved his arm so fast it seemed like it teleported, he has blitzed jedi faster they could react, he has blocked fire from a land torrent, thrown his lightsaber so fast it seemed like a red disk;etc. As far as for TK Vader has been able to collapsed a corthadrel, he has been able to create a giant hole in a extremly thick fortress wall, he has been able to crush the heart of a Jedi, take gaint droid apart, lift stones that was stated to weigh a ton, knock down a gaint tree during his dule with Dark Woman, he has crushed Tie fighters ;etc. Could Vaders lightsaber do major damage to Namor if it connects? Yes I think it would but before I can give a proper assessment I will need to know Namors best speed feats.

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dccomicsrule2011: I don't know that much about Namor actually. ^_^ You'll have to wait for more viners to trickle in for an accurate assessment of his speed and durability (though if I recall correctly, he is somewhere around Miss Marvel level? Not sure).

Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@joygirl: xD okay if he is around Ms Marvel level in durability and strength he should be able to take a couple of shots from the lightsaber. But then again I really don't know much about Namor so I don't know =P

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Joygirl

Bump!

patzello

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

If Darth can keep his distance his chances improve greatly.

Namor's strength and speed are pretty amped up because of underwater life.

If he gets close enough to score a couple hits without catching the business end of the saber he will win.

Darth has never had to take a shot like Namor's that I know of.

HyperViper97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ahm force choke? Or at least he immobilizes namor and slices him to ribbons.

Cream_God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E9iZjr3mTZw

Vader

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bummmmp.

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Blump

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#12 JediXMan  Moderator

What's Namor's defense against TK?

Stompa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@jedixman said:

What's Namor's defense against TK?

Hmmm wouldn´t Vaders TK need to be greater then Namors strength to hold him? As the expert do you know any instance where Vader did hold something with a strength comparable to Namors?

Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So no one still can't come up with decent speed feats for Namor? Vader probably does not even need TK to win this his speed+lightsaber is probably enough as is.

ximpossibrux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By ximpossibrux

Vader has no problem getting him with TK, and Namor isn't even fast enough to outpace the Thing.

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Vader has no problem getting him with TK, and Namor isn't even fast enough to outpace the Thing.

Isn't he more like Iron Man's speed? That may have been jobbing.

King_Namor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The saber wouldn't be a problem for Namor, he could easily tank that unless it dehydrates people, and since Jedi and Sith wave that thing around all day I doubt it does that. Now the Force would be a major deciding factor. Vader could probably stop namor in his tracks and toss his ass into a sauna that he put together with his one hour prep.

TBH I dont see Namor winning. Vader can prep better, and can use the force to keep his distance until namor becomes tired or falls into Vaders trap.

juiceboks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By juiceboks  Moderator

@dccomicsrule2011 said:

So no one still can't come up with decent speed feats for Namor? Vader probably does not even need TK to win this his speed+lightsaber is probably enough as is.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

He's no slowpoke I can tell you that much.

Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Pharoh_Atem

@king_namor: The saber wouldn't be a problem for Namor, he could easily tank that unless it dehydrates people, and since Jedi and Sith wave that thing around all day I doubt it does that.

The reason Jedi and Sith do not burn themselves by "waving" them around is because a lightsabesr does not emit heat. In fact a lightsaber does not even get hot until it touches solid matter.

King_Namor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By King_Namor

@dccomicsrule2011: Good to know that, thanks for educating me! Also one other thing I should add in: Namor's strength may allow him to break out of any force hold. As the battle goes on though this would change and Vader would get the upper hand. So really it depends on if Namor can tag Vader early in the battle.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e291995a18d6
deactivated-5e291995a18d6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Namor has caught missiles before. And once, when Magneto had Namor immobilized, Namor pounded the ground, causing an earthquake.

Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@king_namor: No problem and just for information purposes I will put this quote here:

Although a lightsaber radiates no heat, it can easily melt through thick durasteel plating. (cut)
Lightsaber blades operate on the complex principle of tightly controlled arc-wave energy; while the pure energy blade has no mass, electromagnetically generated arc-wave creates a strong gyroscopic effect that makes the lightsaber a distinct challenge to handle.

-Taken from Jedi vs Sith Essential Guide Of The Force

Now since I finally have a feel for Namor's speed which is at least supersonic the fight should be closer. Vader should be above supersonic in speed (I say he is around hypersonic given his feats) And I have my doubts he could take several blows from a lightsaber. But could Namor land a hit on Vader? If Namor was to tag Vader with one of his better punches I doubt the Dark Lords durability is up to the challenge.

Avatar image for ancient_0f_days
Ancient_0f_Days

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Ancient_0f_Days

Is there any reason why Vader can't manhandle Namor with TK?

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Joygirl

Namor MIGHT be too strong for it to work. We haven't figured that out yet.

juiceboks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 juiceboks  Moderator

Namor's strength should nullify that strategy.

Ancient_0f_Days

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ancient_0f_Days

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Ancient_0f_Days
Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Wolfrazer  Online

I like how having super strength now means characters can resist stuff that isn't physical...since when did that start happening?

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I like how having super strength now means characters can resist stuff that isn't physical...since when did that start happening?

People with Super Strength can sometimes resist the effects of TK, for example Ultimate Colossus was able over power Magneto's TK

juiceboks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 juiceboks  Moderator

@ancient_0f_days

No Caption Provided

WW2 Destroyers weigh somewhere between 2000-3000 tons. Despite the fact that he lifted it underwater, you gotta admit that's pretty impressive.

No Caption Provided

That's Krang's ship if you didn't recognize.

No Caption Provided

He did this when he was still relatively young.

And if Vader still manages to pin him down..well..

No Caption Provided
Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Wolfrazer  Online

@dondave said:

@wolfrazer said:

People with Super Strength can sometimes resist the effects of TK, for example Ultimate Colossus was able over power Magneto's TK

I know but I mean...its just something that doesn't make sense to me personally.

juiceboks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 juiceboks  Moderator

@dondave said:

@wolfrazer said:

I know but I mean...its just something that doesn't make sense to me personally.

TK is just directly applying force to affect an object without need for physical contact. Force can be resisted if the object(or person) is heavy or strong enough.

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Wolfrazer  Online

@juiceboks: I suppose thats true.../shrug meh alright I guess.

Ancient_0f_Days

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Ancient_0f_Days

@juiceboks: I don't think the force is something you can necessarily lift your way out of, but I do believe Namor has the strength to break out of it....but not at all easily and not without some time being lost, time that he cannot afford to lose which might cause him to lose his life

Vader destroys buildings, crushes immense droids, throws ships, hurls people across alleyways, knocks over massive trees, wrecks portions of structures, and so on.

Not to mention Vader doesn't have to rely on TK alone, from what I remember, Imperius isn't notably resistant to telepathy ...

Vader can control winds, use Deflection (to block even lightsaber blades), probe minds, use Drain Knowledge, controls minds, induce fear, seemingly render himself immovable, use Dun Moch, use Beast Control, and so on.

But the Force, of course, was quite real—and the black tentacles of its dark side had hardened Palpatine and his new pupil, Darth Vader, into evil incarnate. They shared its horrible energies, and used them to fill the minds of their subservient military minions with fear.

--Taken from the Technical Journal of the Imperial Forces

“Give yourself to the dark side, Luke,” he entreated. “It is the only way you can save your friends. Yes, your thoughts betray you, son. Your feelings for them are strong, especially for—“ Vader stopped. He sensed something.
Luke withdrew further into shadow. He tried to hide, but there was no way to hide what was in his mind—Leia was in pain. Her agony cried to him now, and his spirit cried with her. He tried to shut it out, to shut it up, but the cry was loud, and he couldn't stifle it, couldn't leave it alone, had to cradle it openly, to give it solace. Vader's consciousness invaded that private place. “No!” screamed Luke.
Vader was incredulous. “Sister? Sister!” he bellowed. “Your feelings have now betrayed her, too... Twins!” he roared triumphantly. “Obi-Wan was wise to hide her, but now his failure is complete.”

--Taken from Return of the Jedi

Then, Vader and Palpatine both gained access to Luke's innermost thoughts, those that protected his sister, Princess Leia Organa.

--Taken from The Essential Guide to Characters

Vader leapt again, this time to the bridge, and to within only a few meters of Shryne, who spun about, dropping to one knee and firing repeatedly. This time Vader decided to show Shryne whom he was dealing with. Holding his lightsaber to one side, he raised his right hand to turn the blaster bolts.
Clearly astonished, Shryne remained on one knee, but only briefly. In an instant he had passed through the gate and was shouldering his way through the crowd outside the wall.

--Taken from Dark Lord: The Rise of Darth Vader

The blade might have gotten past Vader's guard, but instead it glanced off the back of his upraised left hand, smoke curling from the black glove.

--Taken from Dark Lord: The Rise of Darth Vader

Another large piece of machinery glanced off Luke’s body and crashed out the large window, letting in the screaming wind. Suddenly everything in the room was blown about, and the fierce wind lashed Luke’s body and filled the room with a bansheelike howl. And in the very center of the room, standing still and triumphant, was Darth Vader.
“You are beaten,” the Dark Lord of the Sith gloated. “It is useless to resist. You will join me or you will join Obi-Wan in death!”
As Vader spoke these words, a final piece of heavy machinery soared through the air, striking the young Jedi and knocking him through the broken window. Everything became a great blur as the wind carried him, tossing and rolling, until he managed to grab hold of a beam with one hand. With the wind subsided a bit and his vision cleared, Luke realized that he was hanging from the gantry of the reactor shaft outside the control room.

He didn’t want to believe Vader, tried convincing himself that it was Vader who lied to him—but somehow he couldfeel the truth in the Dark Lord’s words. But, if Darth Vader did speak the truth, why, he wondered, had Ben Kenobi lied to him? Why? His mind screamed louder than any wind the Dark Lord could ever summon against him.
The answers no longer seemed to matter.
His father.
With the calmness that Ben himself and Yoda, the Jedi Master, had taught him, Luke Skywalker made, perhaps, what might be his final decision of all. “Never,” Luke shouted as he stepped out into the empty abyss beneath him. For all its unperceived depth, Luke might have been falling to another galaxy.
Darth Vader moved to the end of the gantry to watch as Luke tumbled away. A strong wind began to blow, billowing Vader’s black cloak out behind him as he stood looking over the edge.

--Taken from The Empire Strikes Back

They stared at him. He used his good foot to leap across the grate, and hit the lever with his bad ankle, forcing the lever back despite the pain. As he did so, he used all his strength to pull the blasters toward him. A huge wind blew up and yanked them toward him. It sapped him, made him weak. He wondered vaguely if the same thing had happened to Vader when he had made the same move in Cloud City.

--Taken from The New Rebellion

The wind picked up, and Vader's black cape rippled at his back. "Luke—you can destroy the Emperor. He has foreseen this. It is your destiny." He opened his left hand end held it out to Luke. "Join me, and together we can rule the galaxy as father and son."
His voice is so hypnotic, Luke thought, and he felt part of him falling under Vader's spell.

--Taken from A New Hope: The Life of Luke Skywalker

So even if he can't hold Namor down for long, he can make him not want to fight at all or be too afraid to move....

Also if Vader does hold Namor in place, there's no reason he should take his time when he is as fast as he is ...

He is fast enough to deflect shots from turret emplacements, move his blade imperceptibly fast, move his blade faster than thought, produce afterimages, etc.

The Dark Lord stepped into the room, scanning it. There was somethinghere...
The faint click of metallic weapons reached his ears. Faster than thought, Vader drew and ignited his lightsaber. In the same moment, small openings appeared in the walls and ceiling, and hidden blasters fired. Energy beams rained down on the Dark Lord and his soldiers. Stormtroopers cried out as blaster bolts shattered their white armor. At least a dozen bolts streaked toward Vader himself. Moving faster than the eye could follow, Vader's lightsaber blocked them all.

--Taken from Clones

He really shouldn't have trouble in my opinion...but I can always be swayed

Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ancient_0f_days: You got those quotes and scans from Silver2467 didn't you? O_O

jojjimbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

From the looks of it Vader wins.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6746eab553d
deactivated-5d6746eab553d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Vader

Ancient_0f_Days

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Ancient_0f_Days
juiceboks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 juiceboks  Moderator

@ancient_0f_days Eh, I don't see why not. Though Namor has much better lifting feats with raw strength than Vader does with TK so I doubt that would be a veritable option to take him down(or hold him even). TP might work, though he does have some tp resistance if I remember correctly from his time with Emma Frost. If TP doesn't work, I think Namor can take a couple lightsaber slashes while Vader on the other hand will get his block knocked off with one punch.

Ancient_0f_Days

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Ancient_0f_Days

@juiceboks: im still pretty confident in Vader's TK and TP, along with his speed being more impressive than Namor's as far as I've seen. I haven't really seen Namor display resistance to TP and I don't see him getting close to Vader when he has TK and speed on a seemingly higher grade than his to contend with. I don't think Namor can take more than a few saber strikes and at the speeds Vader can deliver them, it's not looking good for the atlantian.

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Joygirl

Bump

Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Pharoh_Atem

I'm still waiting for some durability feats from Namor, also Vader could use his TK to make punches, IIRC he did the same thing to Starkiller in TFU and it was stated to hit with the force of a "Piledriver" Now if one wants to claim.........hyperbole is another matter.

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Eek

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2