Nam-Ek Puts Thor in Choke (MCU/DCEU)

• 79 results
BlitzSikes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Name Ek sneaks behind Thor and Puts him in a chokehold while standing up. The choke is fully in. Thor has no access to lightning. Can he get out ? Is his strength over that of Name-ek’s that it negates the choke advantage ?

2) reverse the situation

Avatar image for chuggachugga170
chuggachugga170

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

if we use calcs for him crushing iron man's gold titanium alloy gauntlet and him pulling out an engine comprised of alien metal, thor can easily hold nam ek

Nucleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Name Ek sneaks behind Thor and Puts him in a chokehold while standing up. The choke is fully in. Thor has no access to lightning. Can he get out ? Is his strength over that of Name-ek’s that it negates the choke advantage ?

2) reverse the situation

The two of them are certainly comparable in strength. What I put into doubt is more about them needing to breathe. We saw both Asgardians and Kryptonians survive in space.

As for the hold itself, it is more a matter of combat science than strength at this point. I believe Thor's the better fighter but that doesn't mean he's getting out any fast.

APEX_pretador

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

I think neither can break free, both cases

Amcu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor summons Stormbreaker to slice his head off.

Being serious Thor shouldn't require oxygen to live considering he's survived in space without a problem. He has seemingly been choked before though. Nam-Ek might be able to do it though I do think Thor is stronger than him.

Noone1996

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Christ the DCEU wank is horrible.

BOC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think neither can break free, both cases

This. It's simply the superior position; it doesn't make any of these characters significantly weaker than the other.

AlphaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By AlphaQ

Thor is stronger.

Avatar image for supermanforever
Supermanforever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Christ the DCEU wank is horrible.

trust me, mcu wank is far worse.

takenstew22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By takenstew22  Moderator

Thor breaks free easily and headbutts him.

What even is this thread?

Avatar image for deactivated-6021b09dd509c
deactivated-6021b09dd509c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Richubs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nam-Ek can do it but Thor doesn't need air to survive so it'd be awkward.

Archangel01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nam ek should choke him as even Ultron managed to do it

EcoBlitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 EcoBlitz  Online

He breaks Nam-Ek’s hand then breaks his neck tf is this?

Avatar image for deactivated-5d5789e65ebaa
deactivated-5d5789e65ebaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MethoKi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ecoblitz said:

He breaks Nam-Ek’s hand then breaks his neck tf is this?

Surely he has done that in the past to anybody.

Wait a minute...

nfactor1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He can’t. Nam-Ek is substantially stronger.

nightgate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ourmanuel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Neck feats?

Avatar image for thebestofthebest
ThEBeStOfTheBeST

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dunno.

Avatar image for randybutternubs
RandyButterNubs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why are embrassing me infront of the cool kids? enough with the choking :(

Avatar image for aquatic_pianist
Aquatic_Pianist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor gets out casually, he’s ridiculously stronger.

ThunderPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Rijehu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@noone1996: HOW??? There are LITERALLY only a few posts above yours and they are toss ups. You just wanted to say that.

death4bunnies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 death4bunnies  Moderator

Thor gets out casually, he’s ridiculously stronger.

This.

Avatar image for deactivated-627d8daf1de25
deactivated-627d8daf1de25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Neck feats?

BOC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@death4bunnies: That doesn't mean he can get out of the choke hold.

1) It's the superior position

2) If I'm not mistake, Nam-ek is much taller. If they are standing chances are Thor will be off of the ground, limiting his mobility.

death4bunnies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 death4bunnies  Moderator

@boc said:

2) If I'm not mistake, Nam-ek is much taller. If they are standing chances are Thor will be off of the ground, limiting his mobility.

If the strength difference is that massive(I think it is), it should mean Thor can break outta a choke hold.

1) I agree its the superior position, but Thors strength should be able to overcome.

2) I agree Nam Ek is taller, but the strength needed is to pull Nam Eks hands/arms off of his neck. Its harder I agree when you can't use leverage, but again I think we are dealing with a huge strength disparity.

Thor is comparable to current Supermans strength, and I don't think Nam Ek was a strong as even MOS superman due to being on earth less time.

Captain America should be able to break a unenhanced humans choke via strength. Superior position and leverage be dammed.

I see this strength gap as severe as that.

BOC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@boc said:

If the strength difference is that massive(I think it is), it should mean Thor can break outta a choke hold.

1) I agree its the superior position, but Thors strength should be able to overcome.

2) I agree Nam Ek is taller, but the strength needed is to pull Nam Eks hands/arms off of his neck. Its harder I agree when you can't use leverage, but again I think we are dealing with a huge strength disparity.

Thor is comparable to current Supermans strength, and I don't think Nam Ek was a strong as even MOS superman due to being on earth less time.

Captain America should be able to break a unenhanced humans choke via strength. Superior position and leverage be dammed.

If the strength gap is that massive, I can agree. But I must request his feats that put him so far above.

I think Cap would be able to escape because he is massively stronger and he probably easily overpowers their durability by slamming them against walls etc.

Noone1996

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rijehu: Thor is a live action high tier on par with Superman and he's put up against kryptonian fodder with hardly any feats who fought a morals on inexperienced Superman. The fact that the answers are split in the middle actually proves my point.

MethoKi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rijehu: Thor is a live action high tier on par with Superman and he's put up against kryptonian fodder with hardly any feats who fought a morals on inexperienced Superman. The fact that the answers are split in the middle actually proves my point.

This coming from the guy whose basis for Stormbreaker being better than Diana's sword is Thanos shrugging off hits from Captain America's shield blades is laughable.

death4bunnies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By death4bunnies  Moderator

@boc said:
@death4bunnies said:
@boc said:

If the strength gap is that massive, I can agree. But I must request his feats that put him so far above.

I think Cap would be able to escape because he is massively stronger and he probably easily overpowers their durability by slamming them against walls etc.

You know Im gonna use the ring feat. Restarts the forge with the help of Rocket Raccoon's spaceship.

To even affect the ice(at the gears) that far away buy pulling on those massive rings would require ridiculous strength.

Even holding rockets spaceship while its trying to fly away would require crazy strength.

For other feats hes lifted cars, hit/tossed a tank to hulk, stoped hulks punch, crushes Ironmans armor, breaks from Surtars chains, and stopped the dragon from biting down. He has more but ill stop here.

MethoKi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@death4bunnies: I always imagined Thor as an unnecessary chain link in a rope that was pulling the ring. Think about it, remove Thor from the equation and tie the rope around the ring... The ring would've still been pulled, because although took on the stress of having to compete with being pulled away from the ring, it's ultimately Rocket's ship that's doing the majority of the work.

BOC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@boc said:
@death4bunnies said:
@boc said:

You know Im gonna use the ring feat. Restarts the forge with the help of Rocket Raccoon's spaceship.

To even affect the ice(at the gears) that far away buy pulling on those massive rings would require ridiculous strength.

Even holding rockets spaceship while its trying to fly away would require crazy strength.

For other feats hes lifted cars, hit/tossed a tank to hulk, stoped hulks punch, crushes Ironmans armor, breaks from Surtars chains, and stopped the dragon from biting down. He has more but ill stop here.

I thought so, lol. It is impressive though.

However; Wasn't it designed to move that way? And I would chalk that up to Thor and the ship doing 50/50. So what he really did was hold back the ship by creating as much force as it. Also, he used his whole body. Here he will be working with only his upper body.

Lifting cars and tossing a tank aren't above Nam-ek, but I'm sure you know that. I don't think breaking free from the chains are either, unless they were some special material (they probably were.) I know someone calculated the Iron Man feat, do you remember how much force that was?

death4bunnies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By death4bunnies  Moderator

@boc said:
@death4bunnies said:
@boc said:
@death4bunnies said:
@boc said:

For other feats hes lifted cars, hit/tossed a tank to hulk, threw rockets ship stoped hulks punch, crushes Ironmans armor, breaks from Surtars chains, and stopped the dragon from biting down. He has more but ill stop here.

However; Wasn't it designed to move that way? And I would chalk that up to Thor and the ship doing 50/50. So what he really did was hold back the ship by creating as much force as it. Also, he used his whole body. Here he will be working with only his upper body.

Lifting cars and tossing a tank aren't above Nam-ek, but I'm sure you know that. I don't think breaking free from the chains are either, unless they were some special material (they probably were.) I know someone calculated the Iron Man feat, do you remember how much force that was?

The forge was designed to move that way, but for the gears to even feel pressure that far away from where your applying pressure is an insane amount of force.

I wouldn't say 50/50. Its like if a car tries to pull you, you have to exert exactly as much force against the car to keep from being drug. So Thor 'resisted' 100% of rockets ships strength, from its engines and Thors throw(I think Thors throw added to it, like a mjolnir throw; this is head cannon on my part).

Chain calc

Titanium-gold alloy calc below. its the third comment in this thread

He crushed thick Gold - titanium alloy with his whole hand. As stated before it's 4 times stronger than regular titanium. The Hulkbuster was thick, so we can actually determine the strength needed to tear chunks off it. A36 steel has a ultimate tensile strength between 400 - 550 mpa. I'll take the minimum for you of 400 mpa = 58,015 lbs/in^2. 550 mpa = 79,771 lbs/in^2. Iron man's armor would be a minimum 1.6 GPA = 232,060.4 lbs/in^2. Hulk would have to output thousands of tons per arm let alone the whole body to tear off chunks the size of his hand. This is lowballing, since the Iron man would use the titanium jets use which is a decent amount stronger than A36 steel.

Nam Ek has one good strength feat (throwing a train), Thor has many on that level and a few massively above. Through quality and quantity of feats there seems to be a huge strength difference here.

death4bunnies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By death4bunnies  Moderator

@batman242 said:

@death4bunnies: I always imagined Thor as an unnecessary chain link in a rope that was pulling the ring. Think about it, remove Thor from the equation and tie the rope around the ring... The ring would've still been pulled, because although took on the stress of having to compete with being pulled away from the ring, it's ultimately Rocket's ship that's doing the majority of the work.

Think of it like bracing your self on a curb, and resisting a car trying to pull away. You may be unnecessary, but you'd have to exert equal/opposite force to keep it from dragging you(it did drag Thor for a bit, but that seem to be due to weak footholds)

Shinne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nam-Ek is as strong or stronger than Supernan. He would choke Thor to death.

BOC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@boc said:
@death4bunnies said:
@boc said:
@death4bunnies said:
@boc said:

For other feats hes lifted cars, hit/tossed a tank to hulk, threw rockets ship stoped hulks punch, crushes Ironmans armor, breaks from Surtars chains, and stopped the dragon from biting down. He has more but ill stop here.

The forge was designed to move that way, but for the gears to even feel pressure that far away from where your applying pressure is an insane amount of force.

I wouldn't say 50/50. Its like if a car tries to pull you, you have to exert exactly as much force against the car to keep from being drug. So Thor 'resisted' 100% of rockets ships strength, from its engines and Thors throw(I think Thors throw added to it, like a mjolnir throw; this is head cannon on my part).

Chain calc

He crushed thick Gold - titanium alloy with his whole hand. As stated before it's 4 times stronger than regular titanium. The Hulkbuster was thick, so we can actually determine the strength needed to tear chunks off it. A36 steel has a ultimate tensile strength between 400 - 550 mpa. I'll take the minimum for you of 400 mpa = 58,015 lbs/in^2. 550 mpa = 79,771 lbs/in^2. Iron man's armor would be a minimum 1.6 GPA = 232,060.4 lbs/in^2. Hulk would have to output thousands of tons per arm let alone the whole body to tear off chunks the size of his hand. This is lowballing, since the Iron man would use the titanium jets use which is a decent amount stronger than A36 steel.

Nam Ek has one good strength feat (throwing a train), Thor has many on that level and a few massively above. Through quality and quantity of feats there seems to be a huge strength difference here.

Based on that calc, I wouldn't put the chain feat above Nam-ek

As far as the ship feat, that's what I said: "So what he really did was hold back the ship by creating as much force as it."

That calc seems to be in reference to the Hulkbuster.

Nam-ek himself? Yes, iirc that train feat was his best. However, Nam-ek was about as strong (if not stronger) than Superman at the beginning of MoS. Superman got stronger towards the end, so I wouldn't use those feats.

death4bunnies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 death4bunnies  Moderator

@boc said:
@boc said:
@death4bunnies said:
@boc said:
@death4bunnies said:
@boc said:

Chain calc

Based on that calc, I wouldn't put the chain feat above Nam-ek

As far as the ship feat, that's what I said: "So what he really did was hold back the ship by creating as much force as it."

That calc seems to be in reference to the Hulkbuster.

Nam-ek himself? Yes, iirc that train feat was his best. However, Nam-ek was about as strong (if not stronger) than Superman at the beginning of MoS. Superman got stronger towards the end, so I wouldn't use those feats.

I may put the chain at about Nam Eks level, that was to show consistency.

My bad.... I read 50/50 differently than you meant it.

I deleted a paragraph before I posted that. I had a paragraph scaling Thor to Hulk, didn't like it and kept the feat for some reason.

When we scale Nam Ek to Superman because of their encounter, we open up the door to Thor being scaled off of Hulk, and the other opponents hes showed similar strength to. I don't mind scaling to get a ballpark. Like Nam Ek was clearly in Clarks league; Im just wary of using feats from other characters when they(Nam Ek/Thor) have feats of their own.

MethoKi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batman242 said:

Think of it like bracing your self on a curb, and resisting a car trying to pull away. You may be unnecessary, but you'd have to exert equal/opposite force to keep it from dragging you(it did drag Thor for a bit, but that seem to be due to weak footholds)

That's exactly what I'm saying. A chain link has to be able to withstand the force to not break. In this case of Thor who is more movable than a link, he has to exert equal/opposite force to the ship.

The misconception with the feat is that Thor is moving the ring, but it's pretty impossible for him to given how physics work. Rocket's ship is moving it and Thor has to exert just as much force as the ship. If he exerts more force, he'd pull the ship toward him, thus nullifying any progress the ship was making. The biggest question is how much force was the ship exerting?

death4bunnies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 death4bunnies  Moderator

@death4bunnies said:
@batman242 said:

That's exactly what I'm saying. A chain link has to be able to withstand the force to not break. In this case of Thor who is more movable than a link, he has to exert equal/opposite force to the ship.

The misconception with the feat is that Thor is moving the ring, but it's pretty impossible for him to given how physics work. Rocket's ship is moving it and Thor has to exert just as much force as the ship. If he exerts more force, he'd pull the ship toward him, thus nullifying any progress the ship was making. The biggest question is how much force was the ship exerting?

I can agree to this.

As to how much force, IDK; lots tho.

stormshadow_x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 22

Says DCEU wank is horrible

> Comments before either slightly side with Thor or say they are about even in this situation

NiteLite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor gets out easily.

Alavanka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A standing rear naked is pretty easy to escape. Very little strength is required if you just orient you hips behind the guy and take away the angle for their leverage. You need some sort of control over the opponent's hips, otherwise you don't really have their back - and therefore you don't really have a rear naked.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

So if Thor has any form of grappling experience, a choke like the first gif can be easily defended. The choke from the 2nd gif is significantly harder to defend. I don't believe headbutting or elbowing is going to do anything except make Namek angry. Summoning Stormbreaker and cutting Namek with it is probably the easiest escape.

nfactor1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nightgate: Being noticeably stronger than Superman. That’s more than enough.

baph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What the hell is up with all these choking threads, does OP have a fetish for choking or something?

MrTrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By MrTrey

Superman can crush Kryptonian metal in his hands, which is magnitudes stronger than any earthly material.

No Caption Provided

Wonder Woman is able to rip out of several layers of steel tank treads tying her up. Even mild steel has a tensile strength of around 400MPa/29 tons Per Square Inch, and she's covered in at least several thousand square inches of steel.

No Caption Provided

Nam-Ek is in the same league as these guys.

Avatar image for chuggachugga170
chuggachugga170

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

forwarded this:

Thor’s next feat, crushing Iron Man’s gauntlet with one hand.

• MatPat from Film Theory calculates this feat to be 3,456,000 pounds of force from Thor’s hands alone, or 1,728 tons, though I think he overlooked a couple of major things.
  • The article he mentions does say that the gold titanium alloy is 3-4 times stronger than most steels.
  • "It is about 3-4 times harder than most steels," said Emilia Morosan, the lead scientist on a new study in Science Advances that describes the properties of a 3-to-1 mixture of titanium and gold with a specific atomic structure that imparts hardness."
  • That comment is a bit vague because there are many different steels out there with many differing strengths, however in that same article, Morosan gives a definitive, straightforward answer for the strength of the gold titanium alloy.
  • "It's four times harder than pure titanium, which is what's currently being used in most dental implants and replacement joints."
  • Yield strength is the amount of force per unit area that a material can withstand without permanent deformation. This article states that one grade of pure titanium, Grade 4, popular in medical implants, has a yield strength of at least 480 megapascals, or 69618.1 pounds per square inch.
  • Since the gold titanium alloy is 4 times stronger than commercially pure titanium, it’s yield strength would be 278,472.4 lbs per square inch.
  • I determined the area of the hand that MatPat used in his video by dividing the amount of force he concluded on, 3,456,000 lbs, by the yield strength per square inch, 144,000, to get a hand area of 24 square inches. I measured my own hand to make sure, and it was roughly correct.
  • So, if Iron Man’s armor has a yield strength of 278,472.4 psi, and Thor’s hand area is 24 in^2, Thor exerted 6,683,337.6 lbs of force, or 3,341.6 tons from a single hand alone.

The final feat for strength counters is when Thor tears a section off an alien spaceship and chucks it hard enough for the ship to crash and burn. I don’t think most people realize just how impressive this feat is.

• I needed to get the area of the section Thor tore out. Fortunately, I am the same height as Chris Hemsworth, 6’3”. Using my arm as a reference, the distance from my elbow to my knuckle is 14 inches.
  • In this frame,, Thor’s forearm is 73 pixels long. The blue line is 270 pixels long, or 3.7 times the length of Thor’s forearm. So, the length of the section Thor tore out is 51.78 inches.
  • In this frame, half of Thor’s forearm is on the torn section. So seven inches of his arm is on the section. The red line is 54 pixels long, while the blue line is 339 pixels long. Therefore, the width of the ship section is 43.94 inches.
  • So, the area of the section of the ship Thor tore out is 51.78 inches x 43.94 inches.
  • Since this ship is alien of origin, and comes from a society far more technologically advanced than ours, it's reasonable to assume that the ship’s hull is made from a metal far stronger than what Earth is capable of at the moment.
  • The ultimate tensile strength of a material is the force required to unit area for a material to fail, or tear apart.
  • Aluminum alloy is a common material used for aerospace applications, favored for its high strength to weight ratio compared to steel or titanium. Alumininum alloy 7075 is one of the best alloys for this purpose. It’s density is only 0.1015 pounds per cubic inch (vs 0.2908 lb/in^3 for steel), but it has an ultimate tensile strength of 83,000 psi.
  • Assuming that the alien ship’s hull was as strong as one of Earth’s best alloys for aerospace application, and that Thor tore out a 51.78 x 43.94 square inch section of the ship, Thor exerted...
    • 51.78 in x 43.94 in x 83,000 lb/in^2 = 188,842,695.6 pounds of force, or 94,421.35 tons

Keep in mind that this spaceship is alien of origin, and is likely made of a far, far stronger material. And Thor accomplished this CASUALLY.

MrTrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The section torn off looked like something made to be plugged in since it had clean edges, and was mostly made of some electronic components instead of a pure block of metal, so probably not as impressive as the titanium feat.