Nagisa Shiota (Assassination Classroom) VS Kazuo Kiriyama (Battle Royale)

thefinalone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By thefinalone
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Rules

• Morals off and bloodlusted for both
  • Nagisa is EOS with all his knowledge, can use Nekodamashi
  • Anime and manga feats for Nagisa, Manga feats only for Kiriyama.
  • Kiriyama is EOS
  • Standard gear for both. Kazuo has his bulletproof Kevlar, Nagisa has his battle suit
  • Fight ontop of the Class 3-E mountain, where Nagisa and Karma fought.
  • Start 20 meters apart.
  • Win via death/KO.

Since Kiriyama is a more obscure character, here is a respect thread for him.

https://www.reddit.com/r/respectthreads/comments/a1wiql/respect_kazuo_kiriyama_battle_royale_mangamovie/

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

Bump

thefinalone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Anyone?

SleepingSlaves

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Based on his respect thread, it looks like this is a stomp in favor of Kiriyama.

thefinalone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump

CCThor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kiriyama is ruthless and much tougher, he should wins.

Lsoon23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This isn't a good matchup for Nagisa, Nekodamashi probably wouldn't even work because I don't believe Kiriyama even feels anything at all. He was stone faced when ripping open his own arm to fix a nerve. Plus the fact that Nagisa's weakness are open battles, and Kiriyama is far faster and more powerful than Karma is. Kiriyama would give The God of Death a good fight.

Lsoon23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

bump possibly

Lsoon23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Lsoon23

Actually, scratch that. Kiriyama utterly stomps Nagisa and could solo the entire class in a high diff fight, ignoring Korosensei and Karasuma.

@valorknight I'll fill you in on this guy, he's a solid street tier with feats of blitzing FTE characters, snapping trees in half with punches, tanking bullets and has combat mimicry. His feelings are also completely numbed and he doesn't feel anything, I'm not even sure if an attack like Nekodamashi could even work on him which would be Nagisa's only win condition. If he can get that off he can win, but he's probably already blitzed and splattered by then.

Avatar image for deactivated-5eaa273f735bc
deactivated-5eaa273f735bc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Having fully read both series, Nagisa takes him out with relatively no trouble. As usual Nagisa is being greatly undersold here though, EOS wasn’t even necessary.

While Kazuo should be in the FTE ballpark, it’d still be essentially impossible for him to tag Nagisa, as the latter has reacted to an attempted blitz from Craig Hojo in time to not only move himself out of the way, but Kayano also.

Mind you Hojo is one of, if not THE strongest human in the series, and he was stated by even Karasuma to be three times as strong as him.

Karasuma could react to point blank explosions, darting back at the same speed to get away.

And for those who are unclear, since there are apparently a lot, he wasn’t just talking about physical strength here for two reasons. Firstly, the word strong/strength has been used multiple times across anime and many other pieces of media in regards to overall power/physicals, as opposed to only how much physical strength one can actually lift/strike/throw with. As for a few random examples:

And secondly, while he may have complimented him on taking out a lion barehanded, which is a strength feat, he refers to it as more of a compliment on experience, as Karasuma has no reason to be impressed with how strong that would make him anyways. He even separately compliments his experience again on being a mercenary, showing that he’s impressed with him as a fighter overall. And, even disregarding all that, it’s outright stated by one of the students (I’m actually not sure who was narrating here, it might’ve just been their collective thoughts) that they’d have no chance of outrunning him, solely based on Karasuma’s advice.

So even disregarding that feat which blows any Battle Royale speed feat out of the water, he could be scaled to his classmates, with feats such as Kayano (with no tentacles) reacting to the Reaper’s Mach 2 tentacle.

Or, Isogai ducking under a bullet after it was fired. Hayami was even able to track this same Isogai’s movements afterwards, in time to accurately hit him, without him being able to see the bullet.

And while this is kind of a dumb thing to have to clarify, I wouldn’t put it past people to actually make this argument with how much Nagisa gets downplayed. Yes Class 3-E does consist of just regular kids, but them being this fast isn’t even that far-fetched as it’s even stated that they all get faster through their training, gaining them the title of fastest in the entire school.

As for combat speed, Nagisa was fast enough to fully keep up with Karma in close range combat, trading numerous blows with him.

This becomes impressive when you take into account that Karma was fast enough to casually blitz Maehara charging at him from behind.

Maehara could evade bullets from Hayami’s air rifle at close range.

He also kneed Terasaka in the stomach before he could react, when the latter was once again behind him.

Terasaka could actually catch one of Itona’s tentacles.

And despite Itona being weakened by a bit at the time, he shouldn’t have been that much slower than his initial appearance, where he blitzed Koro-Sensei while he was fully on guard.

Another thing I would like to add is that as much as Nagisa is regarded as a bad melee fighter, who is better for solely just assassinating and getting it over with, this is directly contradicted by his fight with Karma (who is quite experienced) as I’ve already provided scans of the two trading blows. However, I am not saying this to say that he is indeed some expert level fighter. As a matter of fact, I wouldn’t even say he’s on the same level as Karma. But, he’s simply not below average, the feat should still be enough to let him contend here, at the very least. Not that he will actually need to... which brings me to my next point, as I’ve proven more than enough for speed.

Assuming Nagisa has his PE suit, which could be seen as standard equipment, Kiriyama’s striking strength is complete fodder here. His best feat in this category of snapping a tree in half was done by Itona also, rather casually. Itona, however, also could maul entire storefronts, while weakened.

We already know Terasaka could tank these same tentacles smacking him, not falling to the ground and still having enough energy to punch Itona. And, that on top of that, that Karma had enough strength to casually bring Terasaka to the ground with a simple knee. Well, as for how this relates to Nagisa, his fight with Karma doubles as a durability feat. He took a multitude of punches/kicks/knees from Karma. He actually took some of the blows to the face, which his suit does not protect, but for Kiriyama’s sake I’ll say it was just because of the suit. Either way, Karma dealing blows to Nagisa that were on par, if not greater than Itona’s should be enough to prove that Kazuo has no chance in hell of hurting him. And, as Nagisa managed to hurt Karma too,(presumably after punching his hardest) he would still be behind Karma, not by that far, but still leagues above Kazuo nonetheless.

There’s also Nagisa’s stealth techniques. With his PE suit, and general skills as an assassin he’s learned to not only turn invisible, blending in with his surroundings, but also travel silently. If necessary, (which it most likely wouldn’t be) he could just make it so that Kiriyama has no way of knowing what he is going to do next, seeing as how Kiriyama has never dealt with anything like this before.

Lastly, while this might be a bit overkill, his Nekodamashi should seal the deal. While Kiriyama hasn’t been affected by piercing and blunt attacks, he’s never dealt with a stun based attack specifically made for paralyzation. With this, Nagisa was able to stun even the aforementioned Hojo.

tl;dr: Nagisa pretty much stomps in any relevant way.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lsoon23: I’d say Nagisa’s stronger than he’s getting credit for here.

Lsoon23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Lsoon23

@frostplatinum: That's actually a great post. i was definitely underselling Nagisa a bit here I feel after looking over at my responses. I think Kazuo is definitely faster than just FTE IMO though.

How did you like Battle Royale by the way? It's one of my favorites.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lsoon23: Thank you, man. Seriously, I spent way longer on it than I originally intended to, getting scans and just scaling the characters overall, so that means a lot to me.

I enjoyed Battle Royale a lot. The art style was gorgeous, and I got really invested in the overall dark tone. The characters were also personified fairly well. And as weird as a comparison as this may be, for all of the aforementioned reasons it reminded me a lot of Berserk. However that's always a good thing as I love Berserk too.

Lsoon23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Lsoon23

@lsoon23 said:

Actually, scratch that. Kiriyama utterly stomps Nagisa and could solo the entire class in a high diff fight, ignoring Korosensei and Karasuma.

@valorknight I'll fill you in on this guy, he's a solid street tier with feats of blitzing FTE characters, snapping trees in half with punches, tanking bullets and has combat mimicry. His feelings are also completely numbed and he doesn't feel anything, I'm not even sure if an attack like Nekodamashi could even work on him which would be Nagisa's only win condition. If he can get that off he can win, but he's probably already blitzed and splattered by then.

Man I was so wrong on this and it's just complete and total wank.

Nagisa possibly can take this one but I'll have to look at Kazuo's feats again.

KillerQueen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah, Shiota still lands Nekodamashi and wins.

allmidas23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm not sure nekodamashi would even work properly on Kiriyama considering how messed up his nervous system is, but I think Nagisa probably edges it out here. Kiriyama is physically stronger but Nagisa has better skill+speed. Nagisa high diff but I could see it going either way.