Multi-Media Street Tourney Revamp R1: Tomtheawesome123 vs Emperorthanos- [ET Wins]

Chronicplane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By Chronicplane

Round I | Match VI

tomtheawesome123

No Caption Provided

Characters

• Aang (4)
  • Dumbledore (2)
  • Ultimate Spiderman (4)

Perks

• 2 Extra Character Points(4)
  • Serum (1) for Dumbledore
  • Full knowledge and Perfect teamwork(5)
No Caption Provided

emperorthanos-

No Caption Provided

Characters

• Winter Soldier(2)
  • Bullseye(2)
  • Sakamoto(3)
  • Kuroki Gensai(1)

Perks

• One Piece of None Standard Gear(5)(Bucky)
  • 1 Hour of Prep(1)
  • MCU Vibranium Coated Weapons(4)(Bullseye)

Tournament Stipulations:

1. 16 Participants, be willing to extend if enough interested
  2. 8 Character Points to spend
  3. 10 Perk points to spend
  4. 14 Day Deadline to post, Though I'm willing to extend if you give a good enough reason(Will bump you every 3 days)
  5. No Unfair Hax(You should know what this means, if you are using hax abilities obviously over limits or something that can simply just insta-kill it won't be allowed)
  6. Space Manip, Matter Manip, Time Manip, TK and Reality Warping cannot be used directly on opponents
  7. No Telefragging, No Internal Attacks an No Soul Manip
  8. Summons are limited to 10, cannot easily beat 616 Wolverine
  9. Cloning/Duplication will be limited to 5
  10. TP is limited to Mind Reading
  11. BFR cannot be used directly on opponents
  12. Standard Gear, which means any gear consistently used for a long period of time(like an entire run for example) and still qualifies as street tier unless otherwise specified
  13. Teamwork is a complete factor. The only rule with teamwork is that characters will not directly fight each other.
  14. Tie-In comic feats for Live Action characters allowed
  15. Anime characters are Anime/Manga composite(FMA characters are Brotherhood)
  16. DC is composite Post-Crisis/New52/Rebirth
  17. Marvel is Earth 616 unless stated otherwise
  18. Friendly Fire in effect
  19. For each round there will either be an extra obstacle to deal with or there will be a certain goal to reach
  20. If you have a problem with a character's pricing, let me know, I'm open to change
  21. Only join if you have intentions of finishing, otherwise don't bother
  22. You must have completed a CaV, a Tourney match or have 500 posts or more
  23. link to the tournament

Voting Rules:

1. Only the two participants are allowed to debate
  2. If you want to be tagged to vote at the end, say "T4V" or "TAEP" if you want to be tagged for every post
  3. Vote for whoever was the best debater, or who convinced you more, not for which team you think would win
  4. Make sure to provide reasoning for your vote
  5. Votes based on obvious character bias will not be counted
  6. Be respectful, honorable, and civil towards eachother

Fight Takes Place:

Terminal, Airport
Terminal, Airport

Opponents are marked with the colour circles on the map, the former blue and the latter red.

Chronicplane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MrSYG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

T4V

maestromage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

taep

defiant_will

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

taep

geekryan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

T4V

BladeOfFury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

T4V

Rhubarb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sakomoto is a great series, t4v

Avatar image for tomtheawesome123
tomtheawesome123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By tomtheawesome123

Aang

No Caption Provided

Bending Mastery

Speed

So a good indication for Aang's reflexes even in book 2 is that he and Katara reacted to each other's waterbending during the Drill arc.

This feat is impressive due to the context of the situation, these thick beams are made out of steel. Some fun lore here is that the drill is used to take over a nation of Earthbenders, that is why it had to be made out of steel since at this point in the story no Earthbender could bend metal.

This means in order to slice these metal beams they need to go at Mach 3 at minimum. This is because actual regular water cutters are very slow compared to Katara and Aang's waterbending at cutting if you watch the full link above, and they are typically used to cut pieces of metal that are way less thick than that behemoth of a pillar they were slicing.

Furthermore, an additional layer of context is that for most of the cutting, if not all of it they couldn't see each other or the water until it came out of the other side of the pillar. Meaning that they could really only react and catch the water

Katara and Aang are also both portrayed as equal in water bending in this scene. Given that not only did they both do an equal amount of incremental damage to the pillars each slice but they also tired out at the same time.

Albus Dumbledore

No Caption Provided

Magic Mastery

Everybody knows this character, and everybody knows his accolades. Still, I want to remind everyone that he was once the Headmaster of Hogwarts, and he is often considered to be one of the top 2 wizards of all time rivalling Voldemort.

One of his abilities is the power of teleportation, here he even uses it in combat

Voldemort raised his wand and another jet of green light streaked at Dumbledore, who turned and was gone in a whirling of his cloak; next second, he had reappeared behind Voldemort and waved his wand towards the remnants of the fountain; the other statues sprang to life too.

Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix, pg. 611

The range of the teleportation is also quite nice. Should honestly cover the entire battlefield.

He has also mastered the disillusionment charm fully. Able to perform it even on himself. Fun fact, this was how he was able to sneak up on Harry Potter in the Mirror of Erised room in Book 1.

“Read it,” he told her, pushing his mother’s letter into her hand. “Read it! Dumbledore had the Cloak, Hermione! Why else would he want it? He didn’t need a Cloak, he could perform a Disillusionment Charm so powerful that he made himself completely invisible without one!”

Is able to paralyze people using the Petrificus Totalus curse without any incantation. Here he paralyzes Harry Potter whilst he was in the same room.

Harry hurried over to the door leading to the spiral staircase, but his hand had only just closed upon the iron ring of the door when he heard running footsteps on the other side. He looked around at Dumbledore, who gestured him to retreat. Harry backed away, drawing his wand as he did so.

The door burst open and somebody erupted through it and shouted, “Expelliarmus!”

Harry’s body became instantly rigid and immobile, and he felt himself fall back against the tower wall, propped like an unsteady statue, unable to move or speak. He could not understand how it had happened — Expelliarmus was not a Freezing Charm —

Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince, pg. 397

The Serum

The serum is able to make this wizard into someone who could at the very least not get blitzed by the majority of people in this tourney.

Bucky Barnes with a variant of the Serum was able to do this bullet dodging feat after it was fired. Now of course, this is a variant but Bucky and Captain are equal so that means the serums are themselves equal as well. If anything, the original Serum Captain had was superior since Steve was some scrawny kid recruit and Bucky was a legit soldier. The fact that they end up being equal can be used as evidence to assume OG Serum > Bucky's. Of course im not going to nitpick this hard, so I am going to assume they are equal for the sake of brevity.

Now that being said, Bucky himself before taking the serum was just a normal world war 2 soldier. Meaning his speed was that of a normal human essentially speaking albeit somewhat higher due to being a soldier.

Dumbledore on the other hand would scale way above an average wizard like Harry Potter, who at the very very least has subsonic speed

"This state-of-the-art racing broom sports a streamlined superfine handle of ash, treated with a diamond-hard polish and hand-numbered with its own registration number. Each individually selected birch twig in the broomtail has been honed to aerodynamic perfection, giving the Firebolt unsurpassable balance and pinpoint precision. The firebolt has an acceleration of 150 miles an hour in ten seconds and incorporates an unbreakable Braking Charm. Price on request."

Prisoner of Azkhaban

Now Harry can ride on his broom and react to the golden snitch which is equal if not faster. This puts him at Subsonic at Mach 0.2 in reflexes. I know I am not being rigorous with the proof. But honestly speaking, everybody has either watched or read Harry Potter and can use this pop culture knowledge to deduce that Dumbledore is vastly superior to Harry. Being able to actually duel Voldemort. And it is obvious that Dumbledore would be able to replicate the feats of most Harry Potter characters on a greater scale.

Now of course it is pathetic to this tourney but it is not human level either. So Dumbledore has this subsonic level of speed, higher than Pre Serum Rogers and Bucky for sure. And has the serum on top of that.

Now I am not going to argue that Dumbledore blitzes. I can't even argue he is on the high end of this tourney due to the Serum. The submachine gun feat happened at a distance that wasn't the best for people in the street level. Would have been really good if it was shot from centimeters away but it wasn't.

What I will say though is that it puts him in the realm of this tourney. And in the right distances and situations he would be able to react to a substantial portion of attacks and abilities.

As for strength and durability I will also be brief. At the high end, when a serum user is stressing they can perform the famous helicopter feat.

For durability they have being kicked through a rock as a feat for that.

Ultimate Spiderman

No Caption Provided

I am Hercules

Sensing

Webbing

The Battle

I don't know what your team can do. And since my team has full knowledge I don't know what my team in character decides to do given that I don't know your team yet, and my characters are fighting with full knowledge so their plans will change depending on what they know.

That being said I can outline some possibilities.

Since we start in completely different areas of the airport, without any starting vision on each other. Albus has enough time to cast a shield charm over my entire team, then after that cast 3 disillusionment charms on each member of my team making them entirely invisible.

“Come here, boy,” said Moody gruffly, beckoning Harry toward him with his wand.

“I need to Disillusion you.”

“You need to what?” said Harry nervously.

“Disillusionment Charm,” said Moody, raising his wand.

“Lupin says you’ve got an Invisibility Cloak, but it won’t stay on while we’re flying; this’ll disguise you better. Here you go —”

Order of the Phoenix

Here Moody proves that you can disillusion other people. Hermione ends up disillusioning an entire camp containing Her, Harry and Ron in Deathly Hallows Chapter 14 as well and a source can be given on request.

If needed Aang can also conjure an earth shield during this stage in the fight as well. He can also form a dust cloud to obscure my team at the beginning if needed. He could also bury my entire team by caving in the ground as well. Forming a sort of burrow. Furthermore if neither of these techniques work and your team is capable of instakilling my team through all of these somehow. Albus would have knowledge of that and will at the beginning of the round Teleport my entire team somewhere else.

But the Earth Shield and Shield charm isn't necessary for long after this initial preparation as they are going to roll out after this.

With my team's sensing they find your team and the battle commences. Simple strategy. I am not going to reveal all my cards yet for one reason. I am the guy with full knowledge meaning it was better and more coherent if I went 2nd.

I will still outline some basic strategies though. Assuming that your entire team can see mine. I believe the Earth bending would be dangerous to deal with. Furthermore Dumbledore has an assortment of hax which are quite useful. One where he can paralyze someone like Harry Potter without saying or word or moving his wand. Another is that he can put a group of people to sleep like he did to a group of students in Chapter 27 Goblet of Fire. There is of course also the famous stupefy charm which just knocks someone unconcious.

He can teleport around the battlefield making him very hard to hit, and then there is added support from Spiderman with his webs and speed and Aang as well. I know I am being vague, but due to my lack of knowledge of any of your characters I can't provide specific counters which my characters will do given full knowledge.

Avatar image for tomtheawesome123
tomtheawesome123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Chronicplane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Chronicplane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

emperorthanos-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 emperorthanos-  Moderator

@tomtheawesome123: @chronicplane:

Alright

"People tell me I've redeemed myself. And some days I think that's true. Other days I don't. Helping people helps me. To feel worthwhile again. And maybe, hopefully it'll help make those days where I really do feel like I've turned a corner not be so rare."

The Winter Soldier

James Buchanan Barnes better knowns as Bucky was an American Soldier during WW2. He was chosen to be Captain Americas partner and was a member of the Invaders. During the course of the war he went on many mission with Cap, fighting Red Skull, Zemo and others. Bucky died just before the war ended, dying in a plane explosion. Or so was believed. Years later however it was revealed that Bucky never died. Instead he was brainwashed by Russians who turned him into the Winter Soilder, the perfect assassin who has been killing people since the 50s. He turned into a myth, responsible for major assassinations but with no one aware of his existence. Until he is eventually reunited with Captain America, who uses the cosmic cube to restore Buckys memory. Since then Bucky has become a hero, doing his best to make amends for his past mistake. He even took on the mantle of Captain America briefly when Steve died and took over Nick Furys Man on the Wall role.

"I have to say I'm flattered. I didn't know if I'd still have this effect on you. I mean, I know I'm not the only one who's killed you. But I guess it's true what they say...you never forget your first"

Bullseye

Lester was started off as a baseball player, he was a great pitcher who was going to play for the the major leagues. Until he got bored and killed someone during a game. Soon after he became a mercenary, his true calling. Over the years he would end up facing Daredevil on numerous occasions. Even killing two of the vigilantes girlfriends. During the Civil War he joined Osbornes Thunderbolts hunting unregistered heroes. Then eventually joined Osbornes Dark Avengers, playing the role of Hawkeye. That was all temporary as he returned to his old ways, facing Daredevil on a few more occasions and even dying the hero during the Shadowlands event, only to be soon revived.

"I can tell that you have Conviction. Martial Arts without conviction is little more than violence. Just as it was with Kiryu Setsuna whom you know well. Will you choose death for your conviction? Then at least allow me the honor of burying you."

Kuroki Gensai

Kuroki Gensai was one of the fighters who took part in the Kengan Annihilation Tournament, representing Motorhead Motors. Kuroki is a master of the Kaiwan Style, an assassination martial arts. Kuroki proved to be an extremely skilled fighter. He would go on to win the whole Kengan Annihilation Tournament, including beating the number 1 fighter at the time Kanoh Agito. After the tournament he took up a student, one of the fighters he had beaten and would later watch the Kengan vs Purgatory Tournament from the stands while his student took his spot.

No Caption Provided

Sakamoto

Taro Sakamoto was once the greatest Hitman, becoming a legend in the underworld. But one day he fell in love with a woman named Aoi. After that he gave up his old life to being a new one with her. They eventually had a child together and opened their own store together. Resulting in the once great hitman turning into an out of shape store owner. But one can't just leave the underworld without dealing with some blow back.

Strategy

My team has an hour to prepare on the battlefield. It isn't particularly big so it won't take them long to get a good idea of where everything is. Especially with Bucky's sensing capabilities. His metal combined with his mask allows him to map out a whole area as seen in Winter Soldier #15.

No Caption Provided

They can also take this time to get to know each other and formulate a a strategy. The plan from there is simple, Bucky and Bullseye find vantage points, the tallest areas in the map. We both actually seem to start out in the open, you in that blue area are quite easy targets from taller areas. My team won't know where you are but they would see you as soon as you would pop in. Especially given Bucky sensing tech.

So now we have two master marksman at different vantage points, each with a body guard near them. Sakamoto with Bullseye and Kuroki with Bucky. And both my marksman are coming in with better equipment than usual. Starting with Bullseye who now has all his weaponry coated in MCU Vibranium. From his guns to throwing cards. This is a man who once killed a woman with a toothpick from a 100 yards away in Daredevil the Target

Or assassinate a man riding his horse from a 2 miles away. Accurately hitting him directly in the eye. In Bullseye: Perfect Game.

No Caption Provided

Of course you are going to make the point that your characters are bullet timers. But the that doesn't mean much. No one with Super Serum has outright avoided sniper shots. Dumbledore's base speed doesn't really factor based on what we know of the serum. The Flag Smasher and Cap were bot very weak prior to it but Bucky and Walker who were both trained soldiers weren't above them. Spider-man saw the bullet coming and dived in. And your Aang makes an assumption that the benders don't amp the element they are bending. Which is dubious given the way their powers work.

But Bullseye has gotten the drop on characters who have outright deflected sniper bullets like Elektra and Daredevil with just throwing weapons. And he can also ricochet bullets, so dodging might result in you just getting hit from the back.

But thats not all. Bucky gets one piece of non standard gear. Which in this case fill be the Kazurr Sniper Rifle. A gun that fires Vibranium bullets at FTL Speeds. As you can see here, Daisey when firing it was able to kill someone on a planet from its moon. Bucky Barnes: Winter Soldier

Bucky is pretty good marksman as is, so combine that with such a fast and powerful rifle, you get a deadly combo. An example of how good he is comes in All New Invaders #8 where he snipes, 12 people in quick succession.

No Caption Provided

Over all the advantage my team has is the hour they have to prepare and get used to the map. When your team comes in, they will need to take atleast sometime to discuss their strat. Dumbledore isn't just going to start spamming invisibility spells.

While my team will start shooting as soon as the spot, which would be quite instantly given where you spawn and where my team will be. No one in your team is avoiding Bucky's shots, combine that with Bullseye shooting as well and your team gets sniped quite quickly.

So simply put, my team shoots, your team dies.

Chronicplane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

SirKaboom15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2