Round I | Match VI:

ashrym

No Caption Provided

Characters:

• Katana (3)
  • Jason Todd (2)
  • Roy Harper (1)

Perks:

• 2 character points traded for 3 perk points (-2)
  • Basic Knowledge (3)
  • Choose Battlefield (4)
  • 20 Minutes of Prep (3)
  • Unlimited Ammo -- Roy Harper (3)
No Caption Provided

geekryan

No Caption Provided

Characters:

• Black Canary (3)
  • DCAU Black Canary (2)
  • CW Black Siren (2)
  • CW Dinah Drake (1)

Perks:

• Morals Off (6)
  • No Friendly Fire (3)
  • Earpieces (1)

Tournament Stipulations:

1. 16 Participants, be willing to extend if enough interested
  2. 8 Character Points to spend
  3. 10 Perk points to spend
  4. 14 Day Deadline to post, Though I'm willing to extend if you give a good enough reason(Will bump you every 3 days)
  5. No Unfair Hax(You should know what this means, if you are using hax abilities obviously over limits, you will be kicked)
  6. No Space Manipulation
  7. No Reality Warping
  8. No Matter Manipulation
  9. No Time Manipulation, Though speeding up ones own time is allowed.
  10. Flight is allowed but is restricted to 30 ft(equivalent of a three story building) and no more
  11. Summons/Duplicates/Constructs limited to Navy Seal Team quality. You cannot summon anything or duplicate enough to overwhelm a 12 man Navy Seal Team with ease
  12. TP is limited to Mind Reading
  13. TK is allowed but cannot be used directly on opponents
  14. No BFR
  15. Standard Gear, which means any gear consistently used for a long period of time(like an entire run for example) and still qualifies as street tier unless otherwise specified
  16. Teamwork is a complete factor. The only rule with teamwork is that characters will not directly fight each other.
  17. Tie-In comic feats for Live Action characters allowed
  18. Anime characters are Anime/Manga composite(FMA characters are Brotherhood)
  19. DC is composite Post-Crisis/New52/Rebirth
  20. Marvel is Earth 616 unless stated otherwise
  21. For each round there will either be an extra obstacle to deal with or there will be a certain goal to reach
  22. If you have a problem with a character's pricing, let me know, I'm open to change
  23. Only join if you have intentions of finishing, otherwise don't bother
  24. You must have completed a CaV, a Tourney match or have 500 posts or more
  25. Link to the tournament

Voting Rules:

1. Only the two participants are allowed to debate
  2. If you want to be tagged to vote at the end, say "T4V" or "TAEP" if you want to be tagged for every post
  3. Vote for whoever was the best debater, or who convinced you more, not for which team you think would win
  4. Make sure to provide reasoning for your vote
  5. Votes based on obvious character bias will not be counted
  6. Be respectful, honorable, and civil towards eachother

Fight Takes Place:

Out of view from the other team. No one there except the teams. Geekryan is the red circle and Ashrym is the blue circle

No Caption Provided

JSDoctor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

TAEP. These teams have me interested.

geekryan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By geekryan

@ashrym: Your team seems familiar ;)

Alright!

geekryan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@chronicplane: Is the battlefield just a foggy forest? It’s hard to tell. And what would the starting distance be?

Chronicplane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

@geekryan: In the forest there is a house, the red circle over the house is were your team starts whilst his team in front of the house but within the forest.

The starting distance based off what he showed seems to be anywhere from 50ft - 100 ft.

geekryan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Chronicplane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

geekryan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ashrym: Cool. I'll get started on my opener but likely won't have it up before the weekend due to school/work.

geekryan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ashrym: i'm working on an opener for another tournament and then this is my next priority. Should have my post up sometime during the week!

Chronicplane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

geekryan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@chronicplane: Yup! I’m hoping to have it up by thursday! Sorry for cutting it close, i’m in way too many tournaments/CaVs lol

geekryan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ashrym said:

@geekryan: On the plus side, pretty sure I just gave you more feats for one of them.

What do you mean?

geekryan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ashrym said:

@geekryan: Weren't you repping Katana in a tourny still? Or am I misremembering?

Ohhh yes, my bad. Sorry, I misunderstood lol

geekryan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By geekryan

Post 1 - Opener - Song Birds

No Caption Provided

Black Canary

This section will be longer and more detailed than the rest because 1) She is the MVP of my team, and 2) I have repped her before in a CaV.

Introduction

Basically, Dinah Lance (AKA Black Canary) is a master martial artist with the metahuman ability to project an sonic scream known as the "Canary Cry". She is often associated with Green Arrow, the Birds of Prey, and the Justice League. Because of the whole New-52 & Rebirth business, her backstory has changed quite a lot. I won't bother getting into it, so here is her CV page if you want her history.

My opener will be a simple introduction to Dinah. I will showcase some of her feats in the categories of strength, speed, agility, durability, skill, and her Canary Cry. I will also have a section about respect/statements and another for some of her most notable fights. For many characters I mention, I will link their CV pages if you want further information on them.

*Note: The writing under each set of scans corresponds to the scans above, NOT below*

Strength

1) Shatters, breaks, and bends metal with her strikes

2) Ragdolls a grown man in armour over her head

3) Kicks off the android Ace's head (this dude and the rest of the Royal Flush Gang have gone up against heavy-hitters like Superman)

4) Breaks off metal wires by flexing her neck and then karate chopped Merlyn's forearms off

5) Jumps out of a burning building while carrying 2 teenagers and they all land safely

6) Punches the head off of a Catwoman robot

7) Casually stomps on a fire hydrant

Speed

1-2) Catches an arrow an inch from a guy's face

3) Bullet dodging

4) More bullet dodging

5) Runs in front of someone AFTER bullets have been fired and stops them with her Cry

6-7) From a few feet away, reacts to a blitz by Strix (a Talon of the Court of Owls, who are regularly shown to beat or at least match people like Batman and Nightwing). A Talon who stalemated Strix was too fast for Batgirl to tag and he fodderized her, while holding back!

8-9) Anticipates an explosion and saves Lady Shiva

10) Kicks a syringe out of R'as al Ghul's hand and dodges his sword strike. How fast is R'as? Fast enough to disarm and tag Wonder Woman

Agility

1) Some fancy acrobatics

2) Dodges Mr Freeze's blast

3) Jumps between moving cars

4) Vaults over King Shark (he's over 7 feet tall)

Durability/Pain Tolerance

1) Gets up after being stabbed through the stomach with a katana and takes it out

2-3) Jumps from a multiple-story building and lands safely

4-5) Tanks a point blank explosion

6-8) After having been beaten, tortured and severely injured, she escapes and takes out Savant (who Dinah claims has "much of Batman's fighting skill")

Skill

Dinah has been trained by some of the best fighters and martial artists in the DC universe: Lady Shiva, Cassandra Cain, Batman, Nightwing, Wildcat, Wonder Woman, etc.

1-4) Beats Wonder Woman in a sparring match with an unfamiliar weapon

5-6) Trained with/against Lady Shiva

7-9) Wildcat taught her a very special punching technique that no one else knows

10) Lady Shiva and Black Canary are the Sensei's two most accomplished students

11-12) Sparring with Katana

13) Learned from Lady Shiva

14) Training with Cassandra Cain/Batgirl

She is also quite knowledgeable about pressure points.

She also knows a punch that can make someone's heart explode after a few hours without any visible damage.

Dinah has also beaten Amazons, who have superhuman physicals, over 3000 years of fighting experience, and are considered to be some of the fiercest warriors on Earth.

Dinah is also skilled enough to completely fodderize Green Arrow in H2H combat.

Canary Cry

Dinah very rarely uses her Canary Cry to its fullest power (especially against non-superhuman opponents), but with morals off, she won't hesitate to use her Cry to kill your team.

1) Skips Mammoth across water (he has superhuman strength and durability)

2) The AoE is massive

3) Punches through a wall

4) Smashes a car

5) Smashes several cars

6) Smashes cars and KO's police officers

Fun fact: her Cry can exceed 300 decibels. How loud is that?

310dB Krakatau volcanic eruption 1883. Cracked one foot thick concrete at 300 miles, created a 3000 foot tidal wave, and heard 3100 miles away, sound pressure caused barometers to fluctuate wildly at 100 miles indicating levels of 190db at that distance from blast site. Rocks thrown to a height of 34 miles.

Another fun fact: she has blown off Amazo's head with a Cry from point blank range. Amazo at the time had the combined powers of the entire JL.

Basically, very few people have withstood even a casual Cry from her, and those that did either had a resistance/immunity to sound or they had superhuman durability. Her Canary Cry often causes major destruction, severe pain, incapacitation, or death (on a few rare occasions).

A casual and indirect Cry is enough to harm people. A casual Cry is enough to KO most people. A Cry from a morals off Dinah who won't be holding back will straight up kill your team. I have many, many more feats to present but I'll keep it to this for now.

Respect/Statements

1) Oracle believes that Dinah could take down Batman. Although this is possible, I think it is unlikely, but it is still a testament to Dinah's skill for Oracle to even put her and Batman on equal terms.

2) Huntress is awed by seeing Dinah and Batman fighting alongside each other

3) A League of Assassin agent believes that Dinah would be a match for Lady Shiva

1) Green Arrow believes that a team consisting of himself, Nightwing, Batgirl, and Huntress don't stand a chance against Dinah and her Cry

2) An indirect cry left Condor deaf multiple pages later

3) She's yelling at Batman and calls him "sloppy" (and dangerous)

Notable Fights

She has several notable fights, but I'll just post a few of them. These fights include H2H and/or her Cry.

1-2) Defeated Rabbit on two occasions. Rabbit and the rest of the Silk Brothers are comparable to Lady Shiva in skill.

3-4) Briefly fights evenly against Cassandra Cain (until she stopped to talk to her)

5-6) Probably one of her best showings. She reacts to a blitz by Black Alice, who at the time had Black Adam's powers. She uses her Cry, kicks her far away, they fight a bit more, then the fight stops with Alice's hand around Dinah's neck.

Holds the upper hand against Talia al Ghul. This is impressive because not only is Talia the daughter of R'as al Ghul and was trained by him and the League of Assassins, but she outskilled Batman and stabbed him in the back with a sword.

1-3) Stalemates Bronze Tiger in a prolonged fight of several pages. Bronze Tiger is known to be one of DC's top fighters.

4-8) Beats Cheshire, considered the 2nd deadliest assassin in the world. Cheshire has fought against superhumans like Wonder Woman, Starfire, and Jesse Quick.

DCAU Black Canary

This is Black Canary from the DC Animated Universe, i.e. the cartoon shows such as Justice League: Unlimited, Batman: The Bold and the Brave, and Young Justice.

She doesn't have a CV page... here is her DCAU Wikia page but it is specific to her Justice League: Unlimited version.

Here is a 6-minute video of all of the animated Black Canary's fight scenes: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k8qAx2QIgTE

Physicals

Her strength and durability are peak human. But just to establish her speed and agility, here are a few feats:

• Runs up some crates, backflips, and takes out a guy (link)
  • Blitzes a guy and kicks the gun out of his hands before he can fire (link)
  • Leaps several feet over Mandragora, who is quite large (link)
  • Dodges an attack and performs a few acrobatic flips (link)
  • Dodges Fire's blasts (link)

Basically, she's on a similar level as DCAU Batman. Here are some of his speed feats for scale.

More impressively, in Young Justice, she easily took down Kid Flash while recovering from an injury:

No Caption Provided

YJ Kid Flash is a very casual bullet-timer (one, two), runs at blur/FTE speeds, and can even outrun explosions.

She also easily owned Superboy with one throw:

No Caption Provided

A mind-controlled YJ Black Canary also fodderized Robin (but got caught by his surprise gas pellet and taken out with the help of Rocket):

No Caption Provided

Her physicals won't be too important, which is why I kept this section quite limited.

Canary Cry

Now this is the more important part.

She was in-character and thus fighting with morals on in all of these cases btw.

From Batman: The Brave and The Bold (still DCAU). KOs and knocks a guy away but the AoE sends the JL team flying away
From Batman: The Brave and The Bold (still DCAU). KOs and knocks a guy away but the AoE sends the JL team flying away
A massive blasts takes out a bunch of robots, shatters the glass of a building and forces this dude to block his ears
A massive blasts takes out a bunch of robots, shatters the glass of a building and forces this dude to block his ears

Now for Young Justice:

Takes out 3 alien ships
Takes out 3 alien ships
A mind-controlled Black Canary destroys Red Tornado's android body
A mind-controlled Black Canary destroys Red Tornado's android body
Throws back and KOs mind-controlled Green Lantern while temporarily holding back mind-controlled Martian Manhunter
Throws back and KOs mind-controlled Green Lantern while temporarily holding back mind-controlled Martian Manhunter

While not as strong as the Canary Cry from DC Comics, the DCAU Dinah Lance still has a very dangerous Canary Cry (especially since it will be morals off) as well as peak human physicals and pretty good skill.

CW Dinah Drake

Dinah Drake is the current Black Canary from the Arrowverse. Here is her Arrowverse Wikia page, since she also doesn't have a CV page.

All Scenes Dinah Drake #1

All Scenes Dinah Drake #2

Black Canary Best Fights/Scenes

All the GIFs that I present will come from these videos.

Physicals

Peak human, slightly below Oliver Queen/Green Arrow in terms of physicals and skill. She can keep up against characters like China White, Black Siren, and Wild Dog. She fights with a staff. I won't really get into her physicals unless I need to because they aren't that important. By scaling, she can bullet-time.

Canary Cry

Her regular Cries send people flying dozens of feet away and tend to instantly KO most people who are directly hit. She also tends to fight with morals on, so she is almost always holding back with her Canary Cry.

A Cry of about 4-5 seconds kills a man
A Cry of about 4-5 seconds kills a man
Flips over a van
Flips over a van
Stops a van while it is speeding at her
Stops a van while it is speeding at her
Blasts through a concrete wall
Blasts through a concrete wall

And her most impressive feat:

Stops an incoming train
Stops an incoming train

CW Black Siren

She is Laurel Lance from Earth-2. Here is her Arrowverse Wikia page. She is a little more powerful and ruthless with her Cry than Dinah, but she doesn't always use it to kill.

All Scenes Black Siren #1

All Scenes Black Siren #2

All Scenes Black Siren #3

Physicals

She stops multiple bullets with her Cry AFTER they are fired
She stops multiple bullets with her Cry AFTER they are fired

She screamed at S2 Flash before he could react from like 10 feet away
She screamed at S2 Flash before he could react from like 10 feet away

What is interesting is that Dinah has dodged one of Black Siren's Cries from the same distance that tagged Flash:

I'm not implying Dinah is equal to S2 Flash in speed, but she is still quite fast to have done this
I'm not implying Dinah is equal to S2 Flash in speed, but she is still quite fast to have done this
Holds the upper hand against John Diggle/Green Arrow in H2H
Holds the upper hand against John Diggle/Green Arrow in H2H
Destroys an arrow from a few meters away AFTER it is fired from a crossbow
Destroys an arrow from a few meters away AFTER it is fired from a crossbow
Easily KOs Thea Queen/Speedy
Easily KOs Thea Queen/Speedy

It is safe to assume that Black Siren can bullet-time, and since her and Dinah often stalemate each other and are shown to be pretty equal, the scaling would imply that Dinah can bullet-time as well despite the lack of feats.

Canary Cry

Black Siren's Cry is extremely powerful, probably more so than Dinah's.

Her best feat:

Levels an entire building
Levels an entire building
Obliterates a stone statue
Obliterates a stone statue
Just a small kiss sends a dude flying and KOs him
Just a small kiss sends a dude flying and KOs him
A point-blank Cry lasting a few seconds is enough to kill Vigilante, who has a strong healing factor
A point-blank Cry lasting a few seconds is enough to kill Vigilante, who has a strong healing factor
Takes out a whole room of people
Takes out a whole room of people
Sends Ricardo Diaz flying off the ledge of a building and into a lake
Sends Ricardo Diaz flying off the ledge of a building and into a lake

Perks/Strategy

My team's perks are morals off, no friendly fire, and earpieces.

Morals off: No one on my team will be holding back. All four of them will be 100% willing to let out their most powerful Canary Cries. They will go for the kill, which each of them is capable of doing.

No Friendly Fire: The Canary Cries of my team won't affect each other. All four of them can Cry to their heart's content without fear of harming their allies.

Earpieces: They will be used to keep in communication before and during the fight.

My team members will all get along and willingly work together since they are all essentially a version of the same character: Black Canary. Dinah and Black Siren have reconciled in the last season of Arrow, so they will also get along.

Now, in your prep/strategy, you seem to imply that my team will exit the house and run into the forest. Despite the fact that you chose the battlefield and my team's starting location, you can't assume my team will even leave the house.

Since my team starts in the house, we will remain in there. It makes logical sense, as we are in a foggy forest and have cover/shelter while in the house. There is no reason why my team would exit and run into the foggy forest.

Although my team does not have prep, the starting distance will give my team some time to survey the environment and come up with a quick plan. While on the same floor, all 4 of my characters will cover a window/door/side of the house. Four people, four walls. They will be able to keep in communication, so at the slightest sign of an enemy, they will tell the others.

Then it's just a waiting game. Katana's only use is in melee, which means she'll have to get close. Roy and Arsenal can attack from range, but the house provides us with cover. Staying out of view from the windows will make it impossible for your team to see mine while we remain in the house. You will have no choice but to come to us, get close, and come in through a door/window.

An omni-directional Cry from all four of my team members will take out your entire team even from within the forest. You'll probably say that the house will get taken down on top of us, but all of their morals off Cries are strong enough to obliterate the entire house and you with it. Heck, a single direct Cry from any four of them will take out anyone on your team as they have no defence against it.

This fight will never even get physical, which is why I barely provided physical feats for most of my characters.

Conclusion

• Morals off means the Canary Cries that my team members release will be their most powerful, and meant to kill.
  • No friendly fire means their Cries won't harm each other.
  • The speed feats I presented for my team are to prove that your team won't just blitz mine.
  • Staying in the house and waiting for you negates your prep & strategy.
  • A Cry from any of my 4 characters can take out your team. A Cry from all 4 of them will obliterate your team even if they aren't within eyesight or in close range.

Your move!

geekryan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Chronicplane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

geekryan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ashrym: Cool! I have 2 other tournament posts to prioritize so it might be a week or so before my post for this is up

Chronicplane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Chronicplane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

geekryan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@chronicplane: I will likely be posting near the 14-day posting limit on this one. Sorry about that.

geekryan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ashrym: @chronicplane: I'm really sorry, but I will have to drop this. It's the end of my semester so I've been really busy, and it's only going to get worse over the next few weeks. :/

Chronicplane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

geekryan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@chronicplane: Thanks for understanding! And do tag me to vote :)