Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By Devias
@Static Shock said:
@Devias: I never left. LOL.
True, but there were periods of inactivity. It's distressing to see so many other great debaters inactive (Zoom, Silver, Buckshot, Morpheus) even if it's only for the time being. Maybe ComicVine should reboot the battle section.
Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#52  Edited By Static Shock
@Devias: Zoom and the lot of them frequently log into the Comics Ledger. I'm a moderator there, but I don't go as often.
Silver2467

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By Silver2467
@Devias said:
@Static Shock said:
@Devias: I never left. LOL.
True, but there were periods of inactivity. It's distressing to see so many other great debaters inactive (Zoom, Silver, Buckshot, Morpheus) even if it's only for the time being. Maybe ComicVine should reboot the battle section.
Zoom and Buckshot still post here regularly. In fact, I have never seen Buckshot on the Ledger. I have been posting here again for the past few days just to see if the forum quality has improved, but thus far, I have not noticed much difference. So I will probably just be absent for a while again. 

On-topic, Static has raised good points (as per usual). I would side with Ali.
Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By Static Shock
@Silver2467: I used to be one of those Bruce Lee fanatics, telling everyone that he could beat anyone... That was before I actually got knee-deep into martial arts and gathering a better understanding of it, apart from what's shown in movies. 

Apparently, many people still need to be educated on real life martial arts vs. motion picture martial arts.
Silver2467

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By Silver2467
@Static Shock: I think you have done a good job explaining the difference in this and a few other threads. It only makes sense that competition training would be different than theatrical training. There is no doubt in my mind that Lee and Jackie are skilled, but I agree with your analysis about their skills in comparison with someone being trained to engage in a real fight instead of a choreographed one.
Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By Static Shock
@Silver2467: Thanks. I try. I first said something about this in that Jackie Chan Gauntlet thread. People jumped down my throat in that one.
Silver2467

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By Silver2467
@Static Shock: I saw that. I found it funny that people posted videos in this and that thread of Chan and Lee performing choreographed fights when your whole point is that those are staged and thus not usable. LOL.
Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By Static Shock
@Silver2467: Exactly. Comicdude tried to posted videos and links of Bruce Lee's feats, most of which being demonstrations of some of his moves (like the one-inch punch, which wouldn't be used in a real fight because it requires a lot of focus and it's a waste of time, and his punching and kicking power against punching bags). I ask him to provide evidence of Lee's fighting record, and I get something completely different against an inanimate object or someone that takes pride in being demonstrated on. 
Silver2467

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By Silver2467
@Static Shock said:
@Silver2467: Exactly. Comicdude tried to posted videos and links of Bruce Lee's feats, most of which being demonstrations of some of his moves (like the one-inch punch, which wouldn't be used in a real fight because it requires a lot of focus and it's a waste of time, and his punching and kicking power against punching bags). I ask him to provide evidence of Lee's fighting record, and I get something completely different against an inanimate object or someone that takes pride in being demonstrated on. 
LOL @ that. Lee had some good speed and striking power, sure, but that holds true for any professional fighter. And they actually acclimate their physical stats into real fights. 
ssejllenrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By ssejllenrad
@King Saturn said:
Muhammad Ali was a real life fighter... Jackie Chan is a great action star... but Ali has the Size, Reach and probably even Hand Speed over Jackie Chan...
This a million times over. I can't believe people are actually comparing Jackie to Inoki.
Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By Static Shock
@Silver2467: Precisely.  

To actually one-up Lee, there was a professional Muay Thai fighter (Mel Menor, Muay Thai World Champion, IIRC) who's knee kicks generated force that was equivalent to a 35-mph car crash. Unlike Lee, this is actually done in competition. 
Silver2467

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By Silver2467
@Static Shock said:
@Silver2467: Precisely.   To actually one-up Lee, there was a professional Muay Thai fighter (Mel Menor, Muay Thai World Champion, IIRC) who's knee kicks generated force that was equivalent to a 35-mph car crash. Unlike Lee, this is actually done in competition. 
Nice. I have seen generic UFC fighters perform elbow strikes in inward hooks that have at least 100 lbs. of force on impact and other, much more impressive such striking feats than that. 
Charlie_Jade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By Charlie_Jade

Jackie has no professional record, he might win, he seems to have great training for the ring and a great style but he has no real fights to prove it. At least Bruce had his amateur boxing and Chuck has his mixed martial arts and Brad James, Fred Williams, Peter Mensa all have fight records. Jackie has never been in a ring as I know

Kesho_Ronin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#64  Edited By Kesho_Ronin

ali all the way

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By dondave

Jackie Chan ftw

ToO_RaW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By ToO_RaW

lol this is an awesome battle.

I'd have to give it to Chan. Ali is used to a 1 dimensional fighting style where Jackie Chan is trained in kung-fu. Ali is used to fists only flying at him so when a crazy face kick comes from out of nowhere he won't know how to defend himself properly.

Unless Ali can catch Chan with a haymaker he has no hope.

asIsuspected

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By asIsuspected

Ali

Shikarenji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#68  Edited By Shikarenji

cassius clay loses

GodDamnIronMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By GodDamnIronMan

I like JC very much, in fact i just watched CZ12 last week, and it's a good movie btw...

JC could dodges most of Ali moves...but if Ali can launch 1 punch on JC... JC is not durable enough to take blows from a Heavy Weight fighter.