• 69 results
  • 1
  • 2
Avatar image for bucketz
#1 Edited by Bucketz (921 posts) - - Show Bio

Both in their prime.   
 
UFC Octagon
 
Win: KO, Death
 
Who wins? 
 
 
 
 
V.S. 
 

Avatar image for luke_moonwalker
#2 Posted by Luke Moonwalker (39 posts) - - Show Bio

Lol, I think your intention was to do Tony Jaa vs Jackie Chan and Mike Tyson vs Muhammad Ali...right?

Avatar image for bucketz
#3 Posted by Bucketz (921 posts) - - Show Bio
@Luke Moonwalker said:
Lol, I think your intention was to do Tony Jaa vs Jackie Chan and Mike Tyson vs Muhammad Ali...right?
No lol. I like mixing martial artists with boxers :)
Avatar image for bucketz
#4 Posted by Bucketz (921 posts) - - Show Bio
Avatar image for wise_son
#5 Posted by Wise Son (1796 posts) - - Show Bio
Is this a boxing match or a martial arts match or a mix martial arts match?
Avatar image for luke_moonwalker
#6 Posted by Luke Moonwalker (39 posts) - - Show Bio

Jackie Chan wins by hitting Ali with various items he finds in a comical way.

Avatar image for bucketz
#7 Posted by Bucketz (921 posts) - - Show Bio
@Wise Son: Its a mma match I suppose.
Avatar image for i_madc_imageguy_
#8 Posted by I'maDC/ImageGuy! (1636 posts) - - Show Bio

Take out Jackie and put in Superman then we'll talk......

Avatar image for bucketz
#9 Posted by Bucketz (921 posts) - - Show Bio
@iplayps3_galactus said:
@Bucketz said:
@iplayps3_galactus said:
omg..
http://www.comicvine.com/forums/battles/7/killer-croc-vs-magneto-read-op/616823/  
PSH that is no where near as bad as this,mohamed ali already lost to a martial artist and didnt throw 1 punch,he screamed like a girl. 
No. What you did was a complete and insane curbstomp that everyone posting in that thread was like "Wtf, is he crazy"? This is actually debatable and Boxing fans can back Ali up. 
 
Lol Killer Croc  vs Magneto. What a joke.
Avatar image for longtime
#10 Posted by LONGTIME (924 posts) - - Show Bio
  Jackie gets KTFO.
Avatar image for lance_bastro
#11 Posted by Lance Bastro (5167 posts) - - Show Bio

 
 

Avatar image for bucketz
#12 Posted by Bucketz (921 posts) - - Show Bio
@LONGTIME said:
  Jackie gets KTFO.
Any reasons?
Avatar image for longtime
#13 Edited by LONGTIME (924 posts) - - Show Bio
@Lance Bastro: You changed my mind with that vid, Jackie wins via chain punch.
Avatar image for bucketz
#14 Posted by Bucketz (921 posts) - - Show Bio

Just wanted to throw this out here. The OP pictures look awesome with each other.

Avatar image for windcloud
#15 Posted by WindCloud (2796 posts) - - Show Bio

Jackie's not a real fighter.  He's more of a martial performer specializing in stunts.  Therefore, if it was a fair fight where he cannot use all tricks and means necessary to out-quick and out-maneuver Muhammad Ali (meaning that if he had to go toe-to-toe trading blows with Ali), then Jackie would lose.   The only way Jackie would win is if there were no rules and Jackie had to use unconventional/unorthodox H2H means.

Avatar image for nefarious
#16 Posted by Nefarious (34483 posts) - - Show Bio

Jackie wins.

Avatar image for static_shock
#17 Posted by Static Shock (52467 posts) - - Show Bio

Ali wins.  

Avatar image for static_shock
#18 Posted by Static Shock (52467 posts) - - Show Bio
@Lance Bastro: I'm wondering what the video is supposed to prove, considering the fact that it's a movie that's only loosely based on Yip Man. It's not even an accurate representation of his life, nor does it give Jackie any bit of hope against a professional fighter. 
 
@Bucketz: You should really stop making these mismatch fights. 
Avatar image for lance_bastro
#19 Edited by Lance Bastro (5167 posts) - - Show Bio
@Static Shock said:

@Lance Bastro: I'm wondering what the video is supposed to prove, considering the fact that it's a movie that's only loosely based on Yip Man. It's not even an accurate representation of his life, nor does it give Jackie any bit of hope against a professional fighter. 
 
@Bucketz: You should really stop making these mismatch fights. 

it's not just about jackie chan vs ali. it's more about styles... boxing whether if its ali or someone else, are purely strikers and strikers that are most comfortable using their arms to extend.   
in kung fu whether if its shaolin, wing chun or the choreographed wushu is a practice of being comfortable using your entire body as "the weapon". let's say if there were two muhammad ali's from different realities of the same time-line. 1 of them became a legend at boxing while the other became a legend of kung-fu.... the kung-fu muhammad ali would win... or win more times than the boxer would.    
 
and if there was a boxer jackie chan vs a kung fu jackie chan.... the same would be said.
Avatar image for lokheit
#20 Posted by Lokheit (499 posts) - - Show Bio
@iplayps3_galactus said:
@Bucketz said:
@iplayps3_galactus said:
@Bucketz said:
@iplayps3_galactus said:
omg..
http://www.comicvine.com/forums/battles/7/killer-croc-vs-magneto-read-op/616823/  
PSH that is no where near as bad as this,mohamed ali already lost to a martial artist and didnt throw 1 punch,he screamed like a girl. 
No. What you did was a complete and insane curbstomp that everyone posting in that thread was like "Wtf, is he crazy"? This is actually debatable and Boxing fans can back Ali up.  Lol Killer Croc  vs Magneto. What a joke.  
Well sorry for offending the masses and insulting the wealthy race of comic book fans,may i be hung LMFAO. 
 
This is ridiculous though,Jackie chan has never really competed and ali competed 1 time and looked like an assclown   
I think Jackie wons clearly. 
 
And BTW... wtf is that guy in the video trying throwing himself to the ground so many times? He doesn't even catch Ali's leg, is kinda wierd :S
Avatar image for static_shock
#21 Posted by Static Shock (52467 posts) - - Show Bio
@Lance Bastro said:
it's not just about jackie chan vs ali. it's more about styles... boxing whether if its ali or someone else, are purely strikers and strikers that are most comfortable using their arms to extend.   in kung fu whether if its shaolin, wing chun or the choreographed wushu is a practice of being comfortable using your entire body as "the weapon". let's say if there were two muhammad ali's from different realities of the same time-line. 1 of them became a legend at boxing while the other became a legend of kung-fu.... the kung-fu muhammad ali would win... or win more times than the boxer would.     and if there was a boxer jackie chan vs a kung fu jackie chan.... the same would be said.


Even if they are purely strikers, they are trained to compete and take punishment in actual fights. Jackie Chan is only trained to perform martial arts as a means of putting on a show, using choreographed moves and stuntwork to entertain an audience. He isn't trained to compete or fight other skilled opponents with it. The purpose of his fighting ability is theatrical. Why is it that he's never fought professionally or actually competed against skilled fighters outside of motion pictures? How can we be sure of how skilled he really is if he's never competed before? It's all about how each fighter is trained and what they are trained for. Even if Jackie is using his whole body as a weapon, is he actually powerful enough to hurt Muhammad Ali (striking power)? Can he last long enough to fight him (endurance; boxers in Ali's time fought for 15 rounds)? Is Jackie durable enough to withstand punches from a professional boxer (supposed to be more than two to three times as powerful than the punch of an average person)? We don't know the answer to any of these questions, but considering the type of training Jackie has had, it's safe to assume to that he doesn't have what it takes to win here. 
 
So much for Wing Chun. Bruce Lee has even admitted that Muhammad Ali would beat him in an actual fight. People seem to think that whatever they see in martial arts films extends to the real world, which isn't always the case. A lot of martial arts is bullcrap. Watching too many martial arts films is the reason for this, and even then, most of the martial artists within them aren't actual fighters, nor have they competed.
Avatar image for marvelrules2011
#22 Posted by marvelrules2011 (757 posts) - - Show Bio

Jackie chan

Avatar image for devias
#23 Edited by Devias (324 posts) - - Show Bio

Would this have a different result if it was Bruce Lee instead of Jackie Chan? And no, none of that Bruce Lee is omnipotent crap. He's a god, sure.

Avatar image for cascadeking09
#24 Edited by cascadeking09 (6829 posts) - - Show Bio
@Static Shock: For the record, both Bruce Lee and Jim Kelly actually fought before they were in films.
Avatar image for static_shock
#25 Posted by Static Shock (52467 posts) - - Show Bio
@cascadeking09: I don't know about Jim Kelly, but there's no verifiable evidence of Lee's fighting record. Chuck Norris stated that he never fought professionally, and he was Bruce Lee's best friend. 
Avatar image for king_saturn
#26 Posted by King Saturn (221357 posts) - - Show Bio
Muhammad Ali was a real life fighter... Jackie Chan is a great action star... but Ali has the Size, Reach and probably even Hand Speed over Jackie Chan...
Avatar image for static_shock
#27 Posted by Static Shock (52467 posts) - - Show Bio
@Devias said:
Would this have a different result if it was Bruce Lee instead of Muhammad Ali?
No. It wouldn't be different at all.
Avatar image for cascadeking09
#28 Posted by cascadeking09 (6829 posts) - - Show Bio
@Static Shock: I've seen videos of both of them in tournaments, but I haven't seen the fights from Bruce when he did just him at the tournament.
Avatar image for static_shock
#29 Posted by Static Shock (52467 posts) - - Show Bio
@cascadeking09 said:
@Static Shock: I've seen videos of both of them in tournaments, but I haven't seen the fights from Bruce when he did just him at the tournament.
I've seen the same videos. Bruce Lee only did demonstrations in those tournaments. He never competed. 
Avatar image for cascadeking09
#30 Posted by cascadeking09 (6829 posts) - - Show Bio
@Static Shock: U sure?
Avatar image for static_shock
#31 Posted by Static Shock (52467 posts) - - Show Bio
@cascadeking09 said:
@Static Shock: U sure?
If you are referring to the Long Beach Karate Championships that he appeared in, he only did demonstrations (one-inch punch in 1964 and unstoppable punch in 1967). He had one sparring demonstration for Jeet Kune Do in another tournament.
Avatar image for cascadeking09
#32 Posted by cascadeking09 (6829 posts) - - Show Bio
@Static Shock: That's probably it.
Avatar image for static_shock
#33 Posted by Static Shock (52467 posts) - - Show Bio
@cascadeking09: Yep. Other than that, it's very likely that Bruce has never, ever competed professionally. People talk of his 'boxing record,' but there's nothing that verifies it, nor is there information on the people he's fought. All other fights, which weren't professional, were all eye-witness accounts. He may still be the greatest martial artist of all time, but it doesn't mean that he's greatest fighter on top of that. He's more of a teacher than a fighter. 
 
Jim Kelly, however, is supposed to be a middleweight champion in karate (just looked it up). I'd put him up against Ali before I'd put Bruce or Jackie.
Avatar image for devias
#34 Edited by Devias (324 posts) - - Show Bio
@Static Shock said:

@Devias said:

Would this have a different result if it was Bruce Lee instead of Muhammad Ali?
No. It wouldn't be different at all.
Sorry. Made an error. I meant 'if it was Bruce Lee instead of Jackie Chan', not Muhammad Ali. 
 
By the way, I'm glad you're back.
Avatar image for super_soldierxii
#35 Posted by Super_SoldierXII (7481 posts) - - Show Bio

Wow... just wow... Ali would destroy, absolutely destroy, Jacki Chan within moments.  
I gotta wonder how some people figure close to 100lbs of body weight (in Ali's case mostly muscle) can be overcome? Someone with such a weight advantage would have to have almost zero training to be taken down by someone half their size like that. Ali was a master striker...  
This thread my friends, is pure Spite.
Avatar image for fortressofthemoon
#36 Posted by FortressoftheMoon (685 posts) - - Show Bio

M-O-O-N that spells Ali...Jackie Chan can't take hit from especially a rabbit punch from Ali.
Avatar image for cascadeking09
#37 Posted by cascadeking09 (6829 posts) - - Show Bio
@Static Shock said:
@cascadeking09: Yep. Other than that, it's very likely that Bruce has never, ever competed professionally. People talk of his 'boxing record,' but there's nothing that verifies it, nor is there information on the people he's fought. All other fights, which weren't professional, were all eye-witness accounts. He may still be the greatest martial artist of all time, but it doesn't mean that he's greatest fighter on top of that. He's more of a teacher than a fighter.  Jim Kelly, however, is supposed to be a middleweight champion in karate (just looked it up). I'd put him up against Ali before I'd put Bruce or Jackie.
Yeah, he's a beast.
Avatar image for static_shock
#38 Posted by Static Shock (52467 posts) - - Show Bio
@Devias: I never left. LOL.
Avatar image for longtime
#39 Posted by LONGTIME (924 posts) - - Show Bio
@Static Shock: Yep.    
Avatar image for static_shock
#40 Posted by Static Shock (52467 posts) - - Show Bio
@cascadeking09 said:
Yeah, he's a beast.
Hell, I'd put Van Damme against Muhammad Ali before I'd put Jackie or Bruce. Van Damme has a professional record. He was 22 - 2 before he went into acting.
Avatar image for static_shock
#41 Edited by Static Shock (52467 posts) - - Show Bio
@LONGTIME: Damn. I forgot how fast his hands were.
Avatar image for cascadeking09
#42 Posted by cascadeking09 (6829 posts) - - Show Bio
@Static Shock said:
@cascadeking09 said:
Yeah, he's a beast.
Hell, I'd put Van Damme against Muhammad Ali before I'd put Jackie or Bruce. Van Damme has a professional record. He was 22 - 2 before he went into acting.
Have u seen kickboxer?
Avatar image for static_shock
#43 Posted by Static Shock (52467 posts) - - Show Bio
@cascadeking09 said:
Have u seen kickboxer?
Yes. It was a good movie. Vinatage Van Damme for the win. 
 
  
Avatar image for cascadeking09
#44 Posted by cascadeking09 (6829 posts) - - Show Bio
@Static Shock: That's my favorite Van Damme movie.
Avatar image for longtime
#45 Edited by LONGTIME (924 posts) - - Show Bio
@Static Shock: Yeah he had great hand speed and great foot work. LMAO at the start of that Ali vid, Ali: "I shook up the world, I shook up the world I'm king of the world, I'm pretty" interviewer " your not that pretty" LMFAO
Avatar image for fortressofthemoon
#46 Posted by FortressoftheMoon (685 posts) - - Show Bio
@Static Shock:  But around the time Kickoxer or Double impact was made, didnt Vamm Damme get into a fight in a bar and was knockout from one hit the jaw?
Avatar image for static_shock
#47 Posted by Static Shock (52467 posts) - - Show Bio
@FortressoftheMoon said:
@Static Shock:  But around the time Kickoxer or Double impact was made, didnt Vamm Damme get into a fight in a bar and was knockout from one hit the jaw?
I didn't know about this, and I'm not sure what this is supposed to prove, either. 
Avatar image for turoksonofstone
#48 Posted by turoksonofstone (14751 posts) - - Show Bio
@LONGTIME said:
  Jackie gets KTFO.
Avatar image for bucketz
#49 Posted by Bucketz (921 posts) - - Show Bio
@Static Shock said:
@Lance Bastro said:
it's not just about jackie chan vs ali. it's more about styles... boxing whether if its ali or someone else, are purely strikers and strikers that are most comfortable using their arms to extend.   in kung fu whether if its shaolin, wing chun or the choreographed wushu is a practice of being comfortable using your entire body as "the weapon". let's say if there were two muhammad ali's from different realities of the same time-line. 1 of them became a legend at boxing while the other became a legend of kung-fu.... the kung-fu muhammad ali would win... or win more times than the boxer would.     and if there was a boxer jackie chan vs a kung fu jackie chan.... the same would be said.
Even if they are purely strikers, they are trained to compete and take punishment in actual fights. Jackie Chan is only trained to perform martial arts as a means of putting on a show, using choreographed moves and stuntwork to entertain an audience. He isn't trained to compete or fight other skilled opponents with it. The purpose of his fighting ability is theatrical. Why is it that he's never fought professionally or actually competed against skilled fighters outside of motion pictures? How can we be sure of how skilled he really is if he's never competed before? It's all about how each fighter is trained and what they are trained for. Even if Jackie is using his whole body as a weapon, is he actually powerful enough to hurt Muhammad Ali (striking power)? Can he last long enough to fight him (endurance; boxers in Ali's time fought for 15 rounds)? Is Jackie durable enough to withstand punches from a professional boxer (supposed to be more than two to three times as powerful than the punch of an average person)? We don't know the answer to any of these questions, but considering the type of training Jackie has had, it's safe to assume to that he doesn't have what it takes to win here.  So much for Wing Chun. Bruce Lee has even admitted that Muhammad Ali would beat him in an actual fight. People seem to think that whatever they see in martial arts films extends to the real world, which isn't always the case. A lot of martial arts is bullcrap. Watching too many martial arts films is the reason for this, and even then, most of the martial artists within them aren't actual fighters, nor have they competed.
Wasn't Jackie Chan a Chinese boxing champion before he became an actor? He also leaned multiple martial arts as well. 
Avatar image for static_shock
#50 Posted by Static Shock (52467 posts) - - Show Bio
@Bucketz: Not sure where you read that, but it's dubious. I just tried to find information on that, and I got nothing.  
 
Michael Jai White has trained in multiple styles, too. He's never competed professionally, saved for the street fighting he did in high school. Doesn't mean anything if you aren't trained for competition.