Silver2467

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By Silver2467
@warlord1234 said: 
Like i said before this not a fight controled by writers. Saying that he can increase physicals trength is like saying that someone can run when they can't walk. "
Character morals have nothing to do with writers. That would be PIS. 
kheranlord12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#52  Edited By kheranlord12
@Silver2467 said:
" @warlord1234 said: 
Like i said before this not a fight controled by writers. Saying that he can increase physicals trength is like saying that someone can run when they can't walk. "
Character morals have nothing to do with writers. That would be PIS.  "

I never said anything about morals.
Silver2467

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By Silver2467
@warlord1234: Morals is what this has to do with. Assuming for a minute the Martian can increase his strength by shape shifting (a notion that has yet to be proven), his morals would be thing preventing him from doing so due to the fact that he rarely (if ever) does that during a fight.  

It has everything to do with morals (and whether or not he even possesses that ability). 
Achilles.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#54  Edited By Achilles.

I would give it to Maj. his superior intellect might give him the edge

kheranlord12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#55  Edited By kheranlord12
@Silver2467 said:
" @warlord1234: Morals is what this has to do with. Assuming for a minute the Martian can increase his strength by shape shifting (a notion that has yet to be proven), his morals would be thing preventing him from doing so due to the fact that he rarely (if ever) does that during a fight.   It has everything to do with morals (and whether or not he even possesses that ability).  "

Morals is the concept of what right or wrong.
Silver2467

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By Silver2467
@warlord1234: You are missing the point entirely over semantics of the definition of a word, as opposed to the terminology being used, and based on the context of what I have been saying, you should be able to determine which I mean. If you actually are unaware of what I mean, I apologize. What I mean is the tactics that the Martian commonly use during combat dictate what he will or will not do in this fight. There is no reason to assume he would use an ability he does not often use. Even more, you still have not proven that he even can use his shape shifting to increase his strength, and even if he could, without legitimate feats, there is no way to determine how that compares to Majestic's strength. 

Another factor that has not been addressed is Majestic's speed. His speed can nullify almost anything if he applies it properly. His combat speed and reaction time are leagues beyond what the Martian's are. Speed, to me, is a greater issue than strength is in the first place; so why exactly we sidetracked into a meaningless debate about strength, I have no idea, especially given the obvious combat skill difference between the two.
BattleMage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By BattleMage
@Buckshot said:
"

I've wondered about this for a while and never come to an answer. I like both of them (one obviously more than the other), and I don't want Mr. Majestic to lose, but that intangibility (working in concert with everything else) makes me think Manhunter will win. Strength? Not a problem. Speed? Not a problem. Durability? Not a problem. Martian vision? Not a problem. Intelligence? MM's not an idiot, but it's not a problem. Shape shifting? Might cause trouble, but not too much. Telepathy? Possibly a problem. Density changing/Intangibility? Problem. All of these together? BIG problem. Manhunter can attack without fear of repercussion.

That's what I think anyway. So, in a fight between these two MM's (no cosmic powers/reality warping for Majestic) who wins?

Scenario: Manhunter sees Majestic being more vicious than he thinks is appropriate while fighting a bad guy and steps in to stop him. When Manhunter gets in the way, the bad guy escapes and this angers Majestic. For some reason neither is willing to talk it out, so they fight. Each has a basic understanding of the other's powers from the files at their respective home bases. They start (both in character) in a populated city, but the whole world (and outer space) is the battle area. Both universes are merged so everything in the WSU and the DCU are fair game. No friends allowed.

Question for those with vast knowledge of Martian Manhunter. Can he/has he be(en) hurt while intangible? If so, how?

Post Edited:2007-07-16 13:58:01

"
MM vs a Superman type it's all the same
Avatar image for buckshotwashere
BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 51

#58  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator
@Silver2467: Majestic's speed is a factor, but I see a couple problems with him ending the fight before MM can react. First, I don't see Majestic starting off with levels of super speed that great any more than MM starting with telepathy. If you're saying MM won't throw down with telepathy because that's not generally how his character operates, then I feel the same could be said for Majestic and mind-bogglinig levels of speed. It's not to say that he couldn't or wouldn't, but I don't see a reason why one would be more likely to happen than the other and you've asserted that it won't happen for one. Another thing is that I don't think Majestic is fast enough to flawlessly blitz MM. MM may not operate as fast as Maj, but I think he operates fast enough to be able to defend himself. Maj would have a speed advantage, no doubt, but that's not the same as moving so fast his enemy can't react. Also, assuming Majestic does go all out as fast as he can and he's able to close in on MM before he can turn intangible or react in any way, he's not likely to kill MM with one hit, and he'd have to kill or ko him instantly to prevent him from going intangible and or beginning a telepathic assault. Granted, if we're saying Majestic will unleash all his speed, it's possible he'd unleash all his strength as well, or use one of his swords (this fight predates his acquisition of the creation blades but he still has his stealth sword). It just seems unlikely to me that Majestic would bulldoze MM so completely before he could react, whether it's because of his character or his ability to do so when compared with MM's senses, speed and durability (which while inferior, are not insignificant). Acting completely in character as I made the thread, he's more likely to take this slow, at least initially, than go all out in the first picosecond of the fight. Your second point doesn't seem to be its own thought, though I may be misinterpreting it. It seems like a continuation of the idea that Maj's speed would prevent MM's action (just a different action, TP instead of intangibility) with a mix of citing Maj's psychic defenses. The psychic defenses were discussed in the thread and I'm of the opinion that while they wouldn't go down quickly or easily, they would eventually. The only question would be if MM would use his psychic offense, and going back to the first part of my response, I think he's as likely to use it as Majestic's full speed, probably even more so going by showings. And it wouldn't have to be the first thing he uses in order to be effective, especially if he has intangibility or shape shifting protecting him while he uses it. So basically, I agree that Majestic has a better chance if he goes all out with speed and strength, but I don't see Majestic starting like that in this scenario and being able to pull it off flawlessly every time.

And Warlord may be talking about the time in Ostrander's run where MM merged with nearby matter to become a mecha to fight some threat (giant robot?). I don't recall if it was explicitly stated that he improved his strength, but I wouldn't put it beyond his ability with the level of shifting/manipulation he has shown.
Silver2467

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By Silver2467
@Buckshot said:

" @Silver2467: Majestic's speed is a factor, but I see a couple problems with him ending the fight before MM can react. First, I don't see Majestic starting off with levels of super speed that great any more than MM starting with telepathy. If you're saying MM won't throw down with telepathy because that's not generally how his character operates, then I feel the same could be said for Majestic and mind-bogglinig levels of speed. It's not to say that he couldn't or wouldn't, but I don't see a reason why one would be more likely to happen than the other and you've asserted that it won't happen for one.   

You raise a good point about Majestic's morals in a fight. But even if Majestic decided not to apply his full speed, at least at first, the Martian would be more likely to engage him head on, combining strength, intangibility, heat vision, and possibly shape shifting also, than he would telepathy. I could see his shape shifting being useful, considering the ways he has applied it in combat before. If you need scans, let me know. 

Another thing is that I don't think Majestic is fast enough to flawlessly blitz MM. MM may not operate as fast as Maj, but I think he operates fast enough to be able to defend himself. Maj would have a speed advantage, no doubt, but that's not the same as moving so fast his enemy can't react.   

I guess this is true, but if Majestic used his speed only to a certain degree, then what you say may be true. But if he used his max speed (which may be less likely; you tell me), the Martian's reflexes are not light speed.  

Also, assuming Majestic does go all out as fast as he can and he's able to close in on MM before he can turn intangible or react in any way, he's not likely to kill MM with one hit, and he'd have to kill or ko him instantly to prevent him from going intangible and or beginning a telepathic assault.   

I can agree with that. I actually never meant to say that Majestic could down him with one hit. 

Granted, if we're saying Majestic will unleash all his speed, it's possible he'd unleash all his strength as well, or use one of his swords (this fight predates his acquisition of the creation blades but he still has his stealth sword). It just seems unlikely to me that Majestic would bulldoze MM so completely before he could react, whether it's because of his character or his ability to do so when compared with MM's senses, speed and durability (which while inferior, are not insignificant). Acting completely in character as I made the thread, he's more likely to take this slow, at least initially, than go all out in the first picosecond of the fight.   

Fair enough. Also, in addition to the Martian's speed and senses, he has said before that sneaking up on him is extremely difficult due to his telepathy.  

Your second point doesn't seem to be its own thought, though I may be misinterpreting it. It seems like a continuation of the idea that Maj's speed would prevent MM's action (just a different action, TP instead of intangibility) with a mix of citing Maj's psychic defenses. The psychic defenses were discussed in the thread and I'm of the opinion that while they wouldn't go down quickly or easily, they would eventually. The only question would be if MM would use his psychic offense, and going back to the first part of my response, I think he's as likely to use it as Majestic's full speed, probably even more so going by showings. And it wouldn't have to be the first thing he uses in order to be effective, especially if he has intangibility or shape shifting protecting him while he uses it.   

I see your point. The exact telepathic offensive ability he uses though would probably be either mind control, mindraping, or inducing sleep. He has other abilities like fighting an opponent on the astral plane (doing that is unlikely though; he has only done that a couple times), projecting psionic energy attacks, creating illusions (fairly likely), putting him into a coma (I have only seen him do this to White Martians in one arc; so unlikely, I would say), etc. What exactly Majestic could resist, for however long he does, I may need to leave up to your analysis. I could post scans or just mention some of the Martian's telepathic feats, if need be. 

So basically, I agree that Majestic has a better chance if he goes all out with speed and strength, but I don't see Majestic starting like that in this scenario and being able to pull it off flawlessly every time.   

Alright.  

And Warlord may be talking about the time in Ostrander's run where MM merged with nearby matter to become a mecha to fight some threat (giant robot?). I don't recall if it was explicitly stated that he improved his strength, but I wouldn't put it beyond his ability with the level of shifting/manipulation he has shown. "

I just checked through that again. The Martian was fighting Antares, but nothing suggested his strength had increased. He incorporated outside matter into himself to increase size and plate himself in metal, but he increased size in the first place simply to match Antares' size and then proceeded to fight it head on.  

Even if we decided not to put that past him, feats are more important to me than anything else. If he does possess that ability, the fact remains that his most impressive strength feat is helping to move the planet. I can list other strength feats for him also, but assuming he can amplify his strength using his shape shifting, unless we know exactly how far he can take that ability with actual feats, it only proves so much. 
vuviper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#60  Edited By vuviper

@Silver2467: I'm actually curious about Majestic and this thread seems to have some intelligent discussion. Good opportunity to learn.  So what I've seen from scans (I've never read a book with him in it): 

Strength
He can move planets/catch comets rather easily, so roughly superboy prime level strength.  

No Caption Provided

In this area he beats Martian Manhunter, but as seen in fights with Superboy Prime, Martian Manhunter level characters can at least consistently engage characters of that strength level and with J'onn's other abilities, I don't think close combat gives Majestic an instantaneous victory.

I don't know if it's very important, but about J'onn augmenting his strength by increasing his size:

I don't remember if he says it explicitly, but they do portray him as being outmatched in strength prior to the size change:

Getting Stomped
 Benefit of putting on a few pounds

It's is also a generally used concept in comics that increasing size increases strength (it also makes some sense) more examples of the advantage of martian size:
 Also an example of dodging a laser

As Fernus, but concept is the same
 As Fernus, but concept is the same

Durability
This is what I'm really curious about Majestic claimed that Eradicator hand the strength to fracture his bones, and in their fight, he stated that his ribs were already bending.  
No Caption Provided

This makes me think his level of invulnerability may be as low as Superman. I'm also confused about his heat resistance first I see this scan:

No Caption Provided

But it seems to conflict with this:
No Caption Provided

Speed

I've seen a couple scans of Majestic flying to various points in space for unspecified amount of times that realistically imply faster than light travel, but I haven't seen any scans really indicating nanosecond reactions, superfast combat, or fast operational speed. I don't doubt he has it, I just wonder why people say he's much faster than Superman.  I think I must be misunderstanding your claims about J'onn's speed though, that he can't dodge a light speed attack, doesn't have fast operational speed, or combat speed. I know you're familiar with Flashes battle with Zum, which is a fine display of Martian operational speed.

Destroys Martian facilities in every continent
 and blitzes the Martian. All before they could communicate or even react.

Notice that Kyle Rayner is untouched, J'onn is not simply flying and spinning, but throwing his fists with intention 

Not only does he think incredibly fast, he is able to bring up the thought speed of his comrades to hold a telepathic conference in just an
 Not only does he think incredibly fast, he is able to bring up the thought speed of his comrades to hold a telepathic conference in just an "eyeblink"
No Caption Provided

Miscellaneous 
I have no idea what Majestic's lazer vision is capable of i saw that he is capable of subatomic manipulation

No Caption Provided

but what else can he do? How does it work? It vary well may be possible that he can find a way to by pass martian intangibility

No Caption Provided

About Heat Vision though:

No Caption Provided

And offensive Telekinesis: 
No Caption Provided
PirateKing69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#61  Edited By PirateKing69

hmm i want to say Majestic i'm not sure about his tp resistance...

Silver2467

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By Silver2467
@vuviper: You really don't have to tell me what J'onn's feats are. Aside from maybe you, I am probably the leading authority on Martian Manhunter on the Vine. I have a folder dedicated to feats for him in my gallery with a couple hundred scans (and I have a couple hundred more on my computer). So I know what his best speed, strength, durability, shape shifting, telepathic, and heat vision feats are. I chose Majestic to win for the reasons I already stated. He has a much higher physical advantage (in strength, speed, and durability), combat skill, ruthlessness, and tactical intellect. I have no scans developed for Majestic; so if you need those, you would probably have to ask Buckshot. 
velle37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By velle37

I think Maj would win in the long run..... 

The main advantage MM has is his intangibility.....  

Maj has telepathy defenses, and insane speed and strength...... 

Along with his formiddable intellect.......

I say Maj 7/10.......
Susanoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By Susanoo

Majestic wins.
BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator
@vuviper:  
My last post in this thread includes my view of the strength situation and in a way it's similar to yours, but not entirely. I don't think Majestic would go all out with his strength and if he did, it's not like MM would be one-shotted, but I disagree with the idea that MM could hang with him physically because he didn't get bulldozed by Prime. A physical fight is more than just strength, and that's all Prime brought to the table. Majestic would bring fighting skills and weaponry, which would make him a greater physical threat than Prime was. He'd also be taking on MM one on one, not fighting MM in addition to dozens of other enemies. Comparing how MM might deal with Majestic's strength based on how he dealt with Prime's is one thing, but if you look at the greater skill, weaponry and single-minded focus that would also be directed at MM, it's something else entirely. 

Back on the Eradicator thing, I've talked about this so many times it's sickening, but basically the thing here is that it's really not that big of a deal. Eradicator in Fortress mode was physically superior to Superman. In fact Superman (with the help of another of Eradicator's bodies) tried to fight Eradicator and was completely ineffectual. It should not be surprising that Eradicator had the strength to break bones (also worth mentioning, ribs are really easy to break in comparison to most other bones of any real size). MM probably has the strength to break one of Majestic's bones too, but it doesn't mean it's going to happen. Just like in that fight, Majestic never gave him the chance to break his bones and defeated him before he did any real damage. That's actually not true, Majestic stopped resisting the force of his hands so Eradicator had the chance there (and he failed to do anything). Lots of characters have the potential to do damage but can be prevented from doing so. It's not single stat against single stat, but a mixture. Eradicator, who physically puts Superman to shame, having the strength to bend one of Majestic's ribs, doesn't mean Majestic's durability is on Superman's level. Eradicator could break the bones of either of them, but that says nothing about who has more durability, just that Eradicator's strength is higher than both. A lot of characters would be on a list of those that can have their bones broken by Eradicator, but their durability would vary significantly. I wrote a blog entry on Majestic's durability because I got tired of saying the same thing in response to the scan you posted about him in the sun. Here it is:   http://www.comicvine.com/myvine/buckshot/majestic-has-no-durability/87-61461/

On top speed, I don't really feel like posting a ton of scans, but they're around. Here are some instances I can recall off the top of my head: 
-One that's pretty often mentioned is Majestic building a machine on a time scale measured in nanoseconds (after researching and designing it in seconds). He created an entirely new technology at an incredibly high speed, a process that would require him to analyze his opposition, gather research materials, read everything available on the subject, develop his own theories and test them, turn his theories into a physical device, gather materials for his device, and build it. That's quite a bit harder than punching someone really fast.
-Avoiding dozens of projectiles flying at him at 6 times the speed of light (and being able to not only identify them but accurately report their speed) 
-Reacting to an attack from Void Spartan with only a nanosecond's warning 
-Flying from the Earth to Saturn and back while a villain was talking and getting back at the same part of the sentence at which he left (though that's worth looking at)

The MM speed feats provided are fast, but not quite the same level of speed. The telepathic one is something I wouldn't even include as a speed feat. Telepaths can control the flow of time on a mental plane. Xavier and others without superhuman speed have done this countless times. 

The scan about atomic resonance is useful. I had wondered about a work-around to Martian intangibility and hadn't seen one, which is why I thought there were some scenarios where MM would win. Given that vulnerability and Majestic's intelligence and control of his vision, I think it's possible he could figure out what he needs to do. It wouldn't be an immediate reaction, but it's more than I thought he'd have before. However, that still leaves the problem of telepathy. Maj has some defense, but I still think MMs psychic offense would eventually get past it. There are possibilities for each of them.
vuviper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By vuviper
@Silver2467 said:
" @vuviper: You really don't have to tell me what J'onn's feats are. Aside from maybe you, I am probably the leading authority on Martian Manhunter on the Vine. I have a folder dedicated to feats for him in my gallery with a couple hundred scans (and I have a couple hundred more on my computer). So I know what his best speed, strength, durability, shape shifting, telepathic, and heat vision feats are. I chose Majestic to win for the reasons I already stated. He has a much higher physical advantage (in strength, speed, and durability), combat skill, ruthlessness, and tactical intellect. I have no scans developed for Majestic; so if you need those, you would probably have to ask Buckshot.  "
My post wasn't specifically for you, but to address any question about J'onn I saw and ask my own questions about Majestic. I only "replied" to you (and meant to reply to Buckshot) so you would see my post and give me feedback. Actually not entirely true, I did mean the speed thing for you, I'm still not sure if I know what you meant. The rest of the J'onn discussion addressed other issues I saw in general (people talking about augmenting strength, using telekinesis, being hurt by heat vision while intangible, other examples of Maritain intangibility). The scans I included so other people could see precisely what I was talking about, and allows them to disagree with my interpretation. Also notice I did not disagree with you or try to refute any of your points, I don't have enough information to have a strong argument for either.

@Buckshot said:
" @vuviper:  
My last post in this thread includes my view of the strength situation and in a way it's similar to yours, but not entirely. I don't think Majestic would go all out with his strength and if he did, it's not like MM would be one-shotted, but I disagree with the idea that MM could hang with him physically because he didn't get bulldozed by Prime. A physical fight is more than just strength, and that's all Prime brought to the table. Majestic would bring fighting skills and weaponry, which would make him a greater physical threat than Prime was. He'd also be taking on MM one on one, not fighting MM in addition to dozens of other enemies. Comparing how MM might deal with Majestic's strength based on how he dealt with Prime's is one thing, but if you look at the greater skill, weaponry and single-minded focus that would also be directed at MM, it's something else entirely." 

I wasn't really comparing this to J'onn's short confrontation with Superboy, I was trying to bring some prospective to the strength difference between J'onn and Majestic, claiming that people close to J'onn's strength/durability level (Superman, Superboy, Sodom Yat, etc) aren't so outmatched by characters of Majestic's strength level that that alone give them a victory. After this is established, I add that J'onn specifically has defensive capabilities that allow him to deal with/escape from physical confrontation. I apologize if this was unclear. 

Also in case anyone didn't know, J'onn doesn't completely lack skill
No Caption Provided

My understanding is that Kanto is a rather skilled combatant
 My understanding is that Kanto is a rather skilled combatant

@Buckshot said:
" @vuviper:  
Back on the Eradicator thing, I've talked about this so many times it's sickening, but basically the thing here is that it's really not that big of a deal. Eradicator in Fortress mode was physically superior to Superman. In fact Superman (with the help of another of Eradicator's bodies) tried to fight Eradicator and was completely ineffectual. It should not be surprising that Eradicator had the strength to break bones (also worth mentioning, ribs are really easy to break in comparison to most other bones of any real size). MM probably has the strength to break one of Majestic's bones too, but it doesn't mean it's going to happen. Just like in that fight, Majestic never gave him the chance to break his bones and defeated him before he did any real damage. That's actually not true, Majestic stopped resisting the force of his hands so Eradicator had the chance there (and he failed to do anything). Lots of characters have the potential to do damage but can be prevented from doing so. It's not single stat against single stat, but a mixture. Eradicator, who physically puts Superman to shame, having the strength to bend one of Majestic's ribs, doesn't mean Majestic's durability is on Superman's level. Eradicator could break the bones of either of them, but that says nothing about who has more durability, just that Eradicator's strength is higher than both. A lot of characters would be on a list of those that can have their bones broken by Eradicator, but their durability would vary significantly. I wrote a blog entry on Majestic's durability because I got tired of saying the same thing in response to the scan you posted about him in the sun. Here it is:   http://www.comicvine.com/myvine/buckshot/majestic-has-no-durability/87-61461/ "

I do realize that Eradicator is stronger than Superman or J'onn, but I don't think he would have the strength to quasi-permanently damage Superboy Prime's where as he does have the strength to probably break Superman's bones.  This comment alone, makes me put majestic somewhere in between and closer to Superman. Many people seem to claim that Majestic has Superboy-Prime level durability or greater. The main reason I asked is because I only had 3 examples to go off of, and 2 of them seemed to contradict each other. Your blog looks very useful though thanks. 

@Buckshot said:
" @vuviper:  
On top speed, I don't really feel like posting a ton of scans, but they're around. Here are some instances I can recall off the top of my head: -One that's pretty often mentioned is Majestic building a machine on a time scale measured in nanoseconds (after researching and designing it in seconds). He created an entirely new technology at an incredibly high speed, a process that would require him to analyze his opposition, gather research materials, read everything available on the subject, develop his own theories and test them, turn his theories into a physical device, gather materials for his device, and build it. That's quite a bit harder than punching someone really fast.-Avoiding dozens of projectiles flying at him at 6 times the speed of light (and being able to not only identify them but accurately report their speed) -Reacting to an attack from Void Spartan with only a nanosecond's warning -Flying from the Earth to Saturn and back while a villain was talking and getting back at the same part of the sentence at which he left (though that's worth looking at) "
Thanks, these are the kinds of things I hadn't seen posted for Majestic's speed. Knowing specific examples helps a lot. 

@Buckshot said:
" @vuviper:  
 The MM speed feats provided are fast, but not quite the same level of speed. The telepathic one is something I wouldn't even include as a speed feat. Telepaths can control the flow of time on a mental plane. Xavier and others without superhuman speed have done this countless times.   "
I don't know if we can assume the same applies in the DC universe, telepathy does not necessarily work the same. I personally had never seen it, it's an interesting point though and I'll keep it in mind.  I really don't read enough involving telepaths to know. 

@Buckshot said:
" @vuviper:  
.  The scan about atomic resonance is useful. I had wondered about a work-around to Martian intangibility and hadn't seen one, which is why I thought there were some scenarios where MM would win. Given that vulnerability and Majestic's intelligence and control of his vision, I think it's possible he could figure out what he needs to do. It wouldn't be an immediate reaction, but it's more than I thought he'd have before. However, that still leaves the problem of telepathy. Maj has some defense, but I still think MMs psychic offense would eventually get past it. There are possibilities for each of them. "
It does bring up the possibility. I still don't know how Majestic's laser vision really works. There is another problem though, if J'onn is able to at least read Majetic mind throughout the fight, he could use his shape-shifting to dodge any of the attacks that might affect him while intangible.
Silver2467

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By Silver2467
@vuviper said:
" @Silver2467 said:
" @vuviper: You really don't have to tell me what J'onn's feats are. Aside from maybe you, I am probably the leading authority on Martian Manhunter on the Vine. I have a folder dedicated to feats for him in my gallery with a couple hundred scans (and I have a couple hundred more on my computer). So I know what his best speed, strength, durability, shape shifting, telepathic, and heat vision feats are. I chose Majestic to win for the reasons I already stated. He has a much higher physical advantage (in strength, speed, and durability), combat skill, ruthlessness, and tactical intellect. I have no scans developed for Majestic; so if you need those, you would probably have to ask Buckshot.  "
My post wasn't specifically for you, but to address any question about J'onn I saw and ask my own questions about Majestic. I only "replied" to you (and meant to reply to Buckshot) so you would see my post and give me feedback. Actually not entirely true, I did mean the speed thing for you, I'm still not sure if I know what you meant. The rest of the J'onn discussion addressed other issues I saw in general (people talking about augmenting strength, using telekinesis, being hurt by heat vision while intangible, other examples of Maritain intangibility). The scans I included so other people could see precisely what I was talking about, and allows them to disagree with my interpretation. Also notice I did not disagree with you or try to refute any of your points, I don't have enough information to have a strong argument for either.   
Alright. I see what you mean.
karrob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By karrob

Majestic

majestic99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#69  Edited By majestic99

This fight is 50/50

Majestic is immune to psionics

jeanroygrant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By jeanroygrant

Mr. Majestic

ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By ReVamp

I can see a intangibility hide strategy working. Could he phase "through" Majestic?

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

#72  Edited By Lvenger

If Majestic is resistant to psychic attacks then I'd give it to Majestic

MyronLee26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#73  Edited By MyronLee26

Majestic wins. He's pretty much Superman on steroids, with a genius level intellect thats on par with Dr.Doom (or even Thanos for that matter).

RyuHayabusa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By RyuHayabusa

Majestic is a beast but J'onn will win after a close battle.

majestic99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By majestic99

@ReVamp said:

I can see a intangibility hide strategy working. Could he phase "through" Majestic?

Yes. MM is capable if shiting his mass into another dimension, allowing him to alter his density and pass through any solid object.

But this is a fight, why would MM "hide" from Majestic?

Avatar image for termiteone4ever
termiteone4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By termiteone4ever

This fight could go either way John is no fool . He could take Maj as much as he can Take Superman. Maj and his Skills can be read Easily By John. John is actually the most powerful in JLA naturally if he was to unleash they could now defeat him. I dont see whats stoping John from easily getting in Majestic mind reading it and coping it .Just as he mimic the jokers mind. John capabilites of winning this fight is just as high as Majestic .

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 12

#77  Edited By Saren

@majestic99 said:

This fight is 50/50

Majestic is immune to psionics

Majestic is not immune to psionics. He is resistant. Not immune.

majestic99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By majestic99

@CitizenBane said:

Martian Manhunter's telepathic powers won't work on Majestic.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By Saren

@majestic99 said:

@CitizenBane said:

Martian Manhunter's telepathic powers won't work on Majestic.

And you arrived at this conclusion based on what?

majestic99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By majestic99

@CitizenBane said:

And you arrived at this conclusion based on what?

Resists parasitic attempt at mind/body control:

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

I'll have more scans later.

Avatar image for termiteone4ever
termiteone4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By termiteone4ever

I have seen Martian attack minds that tp shouldn't work on. i dont see why it shouldn't on MAj. This fight could go either way the reason why i am picking John due to the fact that he Hold back a bit too much if he unleashes his capabilities are high. NOw i recall something he did to Ultra man i forgot the comic.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By Saren

@majestic99: That only proves that he's resistant, not immune. Wonder Woman has resisted mind control, Martian Manhunter's telepathy has worked on her at least three times. There is a difference between resistance and immunity. There is no point in posting scans of resistance when you are supposed to be posting scans of immunity. And none of those Daemonites are on J'onn's level at any rate.

Scans....sheesh...

majestic99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By majestic99

@CitizenBane said:

@majestic99: That only proves that he's resistant, not immune. Wonder Woman has resisted mind control, Martian Manhunter's telepathy has worked on her at least three times. There is a difference between resistance and immunity. There is no point in posting scans of resistance when you are supposed to be posting scans of immunity. And none of those Daemonites are on J'onn's level at any rate.

Scans....sheesh...

I know Daemonites aren't on Jonn's level.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By Saren

@majestic99 said:

@CitizenBane said:

Scans....sheesh...

I know Daemonites aren't on Jonn's level.

There is no need to link characters to their pages in every comment. Daemonites aren't on J'onn's level, but you decided to post scans of him resisting them as proof that he's immune to J'onn?

majestic99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By majestic99

@CitizenBane said:

There is no need to link characters to their pages in every comment. Daemonites aren't on J'onn's level, but you decided to post scans of him resisting them as proof that he's immune to J'onn?

That's just what I do.

Off topic, why is it that whenever you quote me I have 4 notifications instead of 1?

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By Saren

@majestic99 said:

@CitizenBane said:

That's just what I do.

Off topic, why is it that whenever you quote me I have 4 notifications instead of 1?

Beats me.

ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By ReVamp

@majestic99 said:

@ReVamp said:

Yes. MM is capable if shiting his mass into another dimension, allowing him to alter his density and pass through any solid object.

But this is a fight, why would MM "hide" from Majestic?

Not what I meant.

majestic99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By majestic99

@ReVamp said:

Not what I meant.

What do you mean?

Avatar image for buttersdaman000
buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By buttersdaman000

Majestic should take this in decent fight.....I honestly don't see phasing or TP being a big deal. MM will seem to have the advantage for a short while thanks to those two powers, but once Majestic gets serious, MM will not be able to keep up. 

lol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

J'onn

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

reaverlation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Can go either way

Avatar image for simon_the_digger
Simon_the_digger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Experio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Both could win

Avatar image for captnmcdeadpool
captnmcdeadpool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would like the Mr. Majestic expert on the Vine to educate me on Mr. Majestic's absolute best reaction/combat feats.

Prove to me that Majestic can react faster than J'onn can.

Pending feats, I go with J'onn.

BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

There's a marked difference in the content and quality of posts 6 years ago, 2 years ago, and in the last few days. I can't be the only one seeing this...

@captnmcdeadpool said:

I would like the Mr. Majestic expert on the Vine to educate me on Mr. Majestic's absolute best reaction/combat feats.

Prove to me that Majestic can react faster than J'onn can.

Pending feats, I go with J'onn.

Did you even try to do any of your own work?

kidman560

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 27

#98  Edited By kidman560

@buckshot: i just want you to know I'm a more marvel sided fan but your respect thread for Majestic was well done. hmm i have new found respect for Majestros. my only worry is Majestics TP resistance, youve shown him having some psychic powers but do you think its enough to hold out J'hon? that will be the defining question. if yes then Majestic should take this, If no then i can see J'hon taking the majority.

BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

@kidman560: Never actually finished that capability thread (I call it a capability thread instead of a respect thread since it should show his limits, not just his best moments), I'm lazy and easily distracted. As I think I said earlier in the thread, I think Majestic's psionic abilities might be sufficient to buy him some time to engage in other ways, but he wouldn't be able to hold MM back indefinitely.

kidman560

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 27

@buckshot: then im sold if he can hold off MM long enough to get in close he should take the majority.

Its the best Majestic "Capability" :p Thread around so its better for guys like me who know nothing.